PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody ID this...?

fogducker III
06-08-2009, 07:17 PM
I know the pictures are crap, but all I have........

A friend of mine found this up at a local lake in a garage, he did not know what it was other than a Donzi, so didn't know what to take pictures of...?

Looks to me like an early 1970's 16 with a 350 and Volvo leg? Not sure other then that?? The engine hatch "bump" might say something, anybody...??

mattyboy
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
not a 16 but an 18 in the mid 70's they had the little bump on the hatch but it was an added piece not molded into the hatch unique color combo

MOP
06-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Nice!

BUIZILLA
06-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I knew a guy in Altamonte Springs that had one exact to that brand new... 76-77ish... bought it at a dealer in Orlando... Sunoco blue/yellow

mrfixxall
06-08-2009, 09:13 PM
look colsely it has a windshield too!

fogducker III
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
VERY different, your right Matty, he said it was small, so I thought a 16 but looking closely, it is an 18 on the tandem trailer........

Apparently the seating is 2 + 3 and not sure how original everything is..? I will try my best to get a hull number, I take it from Buiz's comments, it is an original factory colour scheme?

Can you id the motor?

and whats with the no Dolphin and Lion decal???

Just Say N20
06-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Very nice. I kinda like the old Chris*Craft style windshield.

Very clean looking.

If it's for sale, and the guy HOPES to get $4,000 for it, I don't want to hear about it!

BUIZILLA
06-09-2009, 05:41 AM
for some reason the Orlando boat could have been an X boat, but it's been way over 30 years ago for me to remember... :party:

zelatore
06-09-2009, 09:39 AM
... Sunoco blue/yellow

I just KNEW that color scheme looked familiar from somewhere!

Not my favorite on that boat, but I do like the windshield. Looks tall enough to be effective and still goes with the lines of the boat well.

Good find!

Lenny
06-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Very interesting :yes:

:eek:

The DONZI decal seems to be an 80's thing to me. The US flag by itself seems odd. :confused:

Note, the VOLVO has a nose cone...

A "local Lake" , let me guess Jeremy :D There are two to chose from and if we spread it out further, three.

fogducker III
06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Very interesting :yes:

:eek:

The DONZI decal seems to be an 80's thing to me. The US flag by itself seems odd. :confused:

Note, the VOLVO has a nose cone...

A "local Lake" , let me guess Jeremy :D There are two to chose from and if we spread it out further, three.

Sproat...............:wink:

I am trying to get some more info.............

Lenny
06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
That was my guess Jeremy. Any one of the other two and I would know about it :D

http://www.vancouverisland.com/regions/towns/?townID=4091

EricG
06-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Can you id the motor?

No idea on the internals obviously, but the valve covers are the same Chris-Craft 350-FLV (Vette based 350) as my '76 18... Mine's an original combo of that motor and a 280 drive...which I know was fairly common on the mid 70's classics...I wish I had his exhaust though...

Does that boat have Oregon Numbers? Also, notice the rear grab handle...never seen one like that...

EG

fogducker III
06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
No idea on the internals obviously, but the valve covers are the same Chris-Craft 350-FLV (Vette based 350) as my '76 18... Mine's an original combo of that motor and a 280 drive...which I know was fairly common on the mid 70's classics...I wish I had his exhaust though...

Does that boat have Oregon Numbers? Also, notice the rear grab handle...never seen one like that...

EG

Good eye..............I thought those were Oregon numbers as well, the motor does look pretty original and the grab rails with a windshield are different, plus the decals without the Dolphin and Lion...?

I am still trying to contact the owner for the "low-down".........:crossfing:

MOP
06-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Eric I believe that is standard Chevy/Volvo package the Chris's had the engine in azz backwards, Volvo got away from that setup it was a pain I hated them.

fogducker III
06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Eric I believe that is standard Chevy/Volvo package the Chris's had the engine in azz backwards, Volvo got away from that setup it was a pain I hated them.

and your point is...?

Do you know what the engine and leg package is for sure and/or the year and details of the boat in question...:confused: