PDA

View Full Version : 16 Deck removal. . .what about this?

Just Say N20
06-07-2009, 09:26 PM
I did a "trial" lifting of the deck off the boat tonight. Only totally missed 2 screws, and they had already been pulled through, so when I walked around the deck, "test" lifting it by hand, I didn't find them. Some were sneaky in that the boat was painted after the deck had been put back on when the tank was replaced, and they had been filled in and painted over.

I'm glad the previous deck repair folks didn't reglass the straps you can see cut through in the pictures.

The question I have is what to do with the front part of the cockpit tub. The driver's footrest area, and the ski storage area appear to be a separate piece. In the picture taken from the port side, you can see up near the front of the ski space where someone cut the end off, and then patched it back together. Seems like an odd location to do that. :confused:

The picture from the starboard side shows how the forward piece is pulling away from the rest of the cockpit. What's the proper way to deal with this?

Sweet Cheekz
06-07-2009, 10:23 PM
That front ski storage piece was seperated exactly the same way on mine Of course you know what I did with mine :wink: It's just eatra weight unless you plan on skiing all the time
SC

Just Say N20
06-08-2009, 06:06 AM
That front ski storage piece was separated exactly the same way on mine Of course you know what I did with mine :wink: It's just extra weight unless you plan on skiing all the time
SC

Let's assume I would like to keep mine, and use it they way it is, not that I plan on skiing, rather the scope of NOT keeping it is beyond what I want to get involved in.

Although your solution is way cool! :yes:

jl1962
06-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Bill -
Can't remember if I sent you this or not but here is the link to the tank replacement on my Ski Sporter:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35831&highlight=deck+day

Lots of info here.

Good luck.

Jay

Just Say N20
06-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Bill -
Can't remember if I sent you this or not but here is the link to the tank replacement on my Ski Sporter:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35831&highlight=deck+day

Lots of info here.

Good luck.

Jay

Thanks, Jay.