PDA

View Full Version : The Lazy P, the end is in sight.......

Donziweasel
06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
After over a year of construction, the finish is in sight. First, a word of advice, don't have twins while building a house, much less a frickin compound like the one Boo Boo and her parents conspired against me for. It will all be done July 29th. Then 2 days to move, with 3 month old twins. I know I am going to need therapy when it is all said and done.

Anwho, main house is down to exterior stain, trim, cabinets, floors, and minor electrical and plumbing. Guest cabin is pretty much done. If the main house isn't done by July 29, we will move in there for a week or two while they finish up the main house. Shop and bunkhouse are done (I can not tell you how much I love that damn shop!!!!!!! Even Boo Boo is not allowed in without expressed written authorization from me that invloves a 5 page application that needs to be submitted three weeks prior to wanted visit of shop:):):):bonk::bonk::bonk:))

Poodle and Buiz, I have a nice 220 V as you requested for the RV's.

Had a cool visitor too, see next post.

Well, anyone want to come visit, September is go time.......

Here are a few pics of the main house-

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP3258.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP3259.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP3239.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP3238.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP3242.jpg

Donziweasel
06-05-2009, 06:17 PM
First pic is of the outside of the shop. We had some visitors at the Lazy P, wolves. Second two pics are of some wolf tracks. Final pic is of a thunderstorm coming in over the Southern Tetons (Grand Teton is farther to the north and not quite in view) from the front of the house. Not our best view, but doesn't suck either.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP2367.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP3252.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP3251.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/IMGP3254.jpg

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 06:21 PM
That is cool. That + twins!:nilly::nilly: I hope that there is something left or you when I come up to occupy the guest cabin.

The shop looks like a good hideout.

Good pics, I knew you would pull it off well.

Donziweasel
06-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Bill, you have a lifetime membership to the Lazy P Ranch and Sporting Club.

Mr X
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Everything about that is BREATHTAKING!!
I hope to see it one day!
You win the coolest crib award on the registry!!

VetteLT193
06-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Holy crap: I hope it can hold your kids plus mine... at least for a few days!

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Bill, you have a lifetime membership to the Lazy P Ranch and Sporting Club.

To me that actually is a really big deal. No kidding.

Now be sure you keep room in the schedule for some TN hospitality when you come this way. Roller Girl, the Ocoee and a nice house boat trip are in order.

Hang in there. It will be all worth it once you get moved in. The finish line is in sight!

fogducker III
06-05-2009, 06:48 PM
A soaker tub in the living room!!!!!!!!!:eek:

WAY cool.............:shades::wink::wink:

Nice looking digs John, hope the kids are well.

Last Real Texan
06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Awesome!

I live in a trailer but you and the twins w/Boo Boo are always welcome on the couch...that is if my advelorem sticker is up to date and I'm not sleeping inthe truck.

Tex

BUIZILLA
06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
in a previous life, I used to do brick, block, and stone work like your fireplace is done... very few can appreciate the time and patience it takes to do that... it wasn't done in a week... a pang of jealousy is setting in...

Donziweasel
06-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Ted, coming from the guy with the coolest Donzi, that means a lot. Thanks...

Jeremy, Jim, Ted, Tex,Vette anytime any of you feel to need to head out West, we would love to have ya. Bring the boats, we have some amazing boating.

Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it..........:wink::bonk::)

I will say that I will NEVER build another house.....too much aggravation.:wink::crossfing:

handfulz28
06-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I will say that I will NEVER build another house.....too much aggravation.:wink::crossfing:

And you'll never get into another boat project either.:biggrin: Just wait until the kids are grown....never say never!

Absolutely stunning. Congrats on seeing the homestretch. I almost hate to ask, but are the crazy neighbors still around?

MOP
06-05-2009, 07:25 PM
As usual the pics are awe inspiring it is truly a very special place! Great to see it is nearing an end, I bet Boo Boo can't wait to play house!!

Cuda
06-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Absolutely breath taking, and I don't say that lightly. The nearest thing I've ever seen to that is Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood, Oregon. No nails at all, all wooden pegs, with a huge fireplace that goes up several stories. I've seen the snow there as high as the third story windows,:eek:

Very, very, nice.

What's the altitude there?

Donziweasel
06-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah, damn nieghbor is still around. Been much better since we squared off this winter. After almost a year, I had had enough and went toe to toe one day when he was being an ass. Faced him down. Amazing how he has been on his best behavoir since then.

Phil, mommy is VERY excited. She loaded the twins and went up there today. I met her on the way home from work. Pics were taken today. Will try and get some interior of the guest cabin, which, due to my father in law, is a 4 star resort!

Joe, our house is around 6800 ft. About 800 ft off the valley. The mountains in the pics are around 12,000+.

Cuda
06-05-2009, 09:54 PM
I know there is no way I could even breath at 12,000. When I was 15, I had trouble breathing at Timberline Lodge, which is about 7 or 8 thousand feet, and that was after I had decided I was going to climb to the top of Mt Hood, and had been running to get into shape! :(

Donziweasel
06-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Joe, you would be alright, just lay off the booze and caffiene the first couple of days, and drink lots of water.......:)

roadtrip se
06-06-2009, 08:12 AM
of the whole shooting match.

So what is going on the exterior? We use the Sikkens Cetol log system.
Good stuff. Check it out, if you haven't already.

I want to see this place for myself one day.

Cuda
06-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Joe, you would be alright, just lay off the booze and caffiene the first couple of days, and drink lots of water.......:)
I haven't had a buzz on in over a year, and coffee is the only bad habit I never had. I even quit smoking about a month ago, after 38 years of smoking. :(

Cuda
06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I've been mostly drinking blueberry/raspberry flavored creatine with water to build my leg strenth back up.

Donziweasel
06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Hell Tripper, follow me home from AOTH next year.

Not sure what they are putting on the outside, I will ask. Looks good though. The main house will match the shop when done and guest cabin when done.

rtgogo
06-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Very nice my friend. Love the details and the view should make for some nice mornings and sunsets....I hear ya on the pains to build, embarked on a 5000+ lake place while my wife was pregnant with 2nd lil man. Made for a long build as i know you can relate.....Enjoy it! looks great!!

CJmike
06-07-2009, 07:43 AM
That is great. Looks to me like you are living the dream. Congrats.

Donziweasel
06-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks Robert and CJ. Been a LONG year on that damn thing.......

Seems everytime I deal with it, there goes a bunch of $$$$$$. Just yesterday I found out I need a 5,500.00 pump for the well. AHHHHHH.....hell, that is a Bravo XR, or external steering, or a blower........I can't win.:bonk:

Anyway, anytime you feel the call of the west give me a shout........:wink:

zelatore
06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
so green.....out here we've already passed our 1 week window of green and moved on to sunburned brown for the rest of the year. :frown:

Conquistador_del_mar
06-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Wow! Your house looks like one I would see in magazines. What an incredible setting, too. Bill

BigGrizzly
06-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Not a bad place to bring up twins:yes::yes::yes:

VetteLT193
06-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Any more updates / pictures?

MOP
06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
I am thinking the same thing, got us all riled, droolie and leaves us hanging! I need another mountain view and a log fix!!!

Kirbyvv
06-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Nice job, you da man...twins, the lazy p and the critter at the same time. We visit the kids in Colorado every year, but maybe we can sneak up thata way one of these winters.

McGary911
06-24-2009, 07:29 PM
That place (places really) looks beautiful. What's the space above the shop for? looks like a cool spot. Can't wait to see the pics when it's truly done.

You've gotta be like a kid on Christmas eve, just waiting to move in.

Sweet Cheekz
06-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Awesome place DW Well done Show us the shop inards when you get done. How far are you from the ski resort at Jackson Hole Fun place!
Parnell

Donziweasel
06-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Phil, I will try and get some pics this week or next. I was up there yesterday and it was too much of a cluster f--- to try and get any. Cabnet guys were there, hardwood floor guys were there plus the general contractor's guys were there.

Nice job, you da man...twins, the lazy p and the critter at the same time. We visit the kids in Colorado every year, but maybe we can sneak up thata way one of these winters.

It is all slowly killing me a slow painful death......:bonk: You guys are more than welcome anytime.....:wink:

What's the space above the shop for? looks like a cool spot. Can't wait to see the pics when it's truly done.

The space above the shop is going to be a bunkhouse. It is around 850 sf. Has a bathroom, shower, 6 bunkbeds, one queen, couches, eating table, tv, porch, etc..... For housing the masses (or Boo Boo's family, which is huge). I have a nice place for you to park the Critter when you come......:)

Awesome place DW Well done Show us the shop inards when you get done. How far are you from the ski resort at Jackson Hole Fun place!
Parnell

I will get some pics soon Parnell. I really haven't done much with the shop yet. Right now, I have a few things for the Bronco and Critter in there as well as all the appliances for the main house. It is about 20 minutes from the ski resort...... Up for some skiing this winter?:wink: