PDA

View Full Version : Procharger cut away

Last Real Texan
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
good photo

SilverBack
06-05-2009, 03:31 PM
What does "60 wt and ball bearings" mean??

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 03:34 PM
good photo

I hope that a bunch of those gears are not trashed.

cutwater
06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
What does "60 wt and ball bearings" mean??

Oh come on, Keith. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

cutwater
06-05-2009, 03:46 PM
BTW, it's a movie quote. If you don't watch "Fletch" soon, we will take your man card away :wink:... even if you do have a boat that would make me pee my pants... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5j4iOjCLWs&feature=related

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 03:51 PM
BTW, it's a movie quote. If you don't watch "Fletch" soon, we will take your man card away :wink:... even if you do have a boat that would make me pee my pants... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5j4iOjCLWs&feature=related

Dang right:pimp:

SilverBack
06-05-2009, 04:00 PM
That is from a long time ago isn't it?? I can't remember yesterday!!:eek: I don't watch a lot of movies anyway. I am more into sports and Hedge Hogs movies!!:pimp:

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 04:06 PM
That is from a long time ago isn't it?? I can't remember yesterday!!:eek: I don't watch a lot of movies anyway. I am more into sports and Hedge Hogs movies!!:pimp:

Just a classic quoteable movie.

I think that HH movies have some great quotes. So good that they are used in multiple movies:

1. Ms Jones, I have a package for you
2. It is getting kind of hot in here, do you mind if I take this off?
3. Could you help me with this?
4. Hello mam. This is detective Johnnie Wadd, I have a few questions for you.
5. Yes Ms. Jones, this is Pepe the gardener out here. I need some help with my hose.

SilverBack
06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Just a classic quoteable movie.

I think that HH movies have some great quotes. So good that they are used in multiple movies:

1. Ms Jones, I have a package for you
2. It is getting kind of hot in here, do you mind if I take this off?
3. Could you help me with this?
4. Hello mam. This is detective Johnnie Wadd, I have a few questions for you.
5. Yes Ms. Jones, this is Pepe the gardener out here. I need some help with my hose.

:lol9::fam:

Those are GREAT quotes!!

DONZI
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Here's one that needs less hose and more tubing.:lookaroun:

http://www.motorator.com/videos/476

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Here's one that needs less hose and more tubing.:lookaroun:
http://www.motorator.com/videos/476

That is awesome.

Mine made 942 hp at 6,200 with 9.2 lbs of boost which is pretty close to the first pull on that one. I don't intend to spin mine like that.

I am jealous of that big cog belt. I am NOT jealous of that hose!

SilverBack
06-06-2009, 07:22 AM
That is awesome.

Mine made 942 hp at 6,200 with 9.2 lbs of boost which is pretty close to the first pull on that one. I don't intend to spin mine like that.

I am jealous of that big cog belt. I am NOT jealous of that hose!

Where did you end up setting your rev limiter? Those Prochargers really come on up over 6,000 RPMs. I am thinking about getting Mark to raise my rev limiter. Right now it is set at 5750 rpms. If it handles like I think it will I am going to need some more RPM!!:yes:

David Wade tried to put some of that stretchy hose on me. I hope that you bought some RED silicon hose for your new setup. It is like Ken says...you are better off to use as much tubing as you can too!:wink:

SilverBack
06-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Have you heard from ATI yet? I hope that you get off as lucky as I did with my breakdown.:yes:

The Hedgehog
06-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Where did you end up setting your rev limiter? Those Prochargers really come on up over 6,000 RPMs. I am thinking about getting Mark to raise my rev limiter. Right now it is set at 5750 rpms. If it handles like I think it will I am going to need some more RPM!!:yes:

David Wade tried to put some of that stretchy hose on me. I hope that you bought some RED silicon hose for your new setup. It is like Ken says...you are better off to use as much tubing as you can too!:wink:

Lots of silicone tubing. Actually, I am going to use as much aluminum tubine as I can. I plan to only use silicone to account for the flex

I got busy on Fri afternoon and did not get to follow up with Eddie. I had lunch with my friend John and they were heading out to do some above 120 mph dialing in on a Skater so I probably won't know anything yet.

I really don't plan to run mine past 5,700. It is there if I want it. Like I said, the engine was originally built for 850hp. Eddie uses a stouter crank on his 950. My rev limiter set for 6,200. I have yet to hold the throttle down until it stops accelerating. I am just out to have fun. If breaking 100 was a goal, I would have done it by now. My original goal was high 80's. I am way past that so it is all gravy.

I was laughing with my friend John yesterday. We are both dealing with the whole issue of everyone else seems to care how fast our boats will go but us.

SilverBack
06-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Lots of silicone tubing. Actually, I am going to use as much aluminum tubine as I can. I plan to only use silicone to account for the flex

I got busy on Fri afternoon and did not get to follow up with Eddie. I had lunch with my friend John and they were heading out to do some above 120 mph dialing in on a Skater so I probably won't know anything yet.

I really don't plan to run mine past 5,700. It is there if I want it. Like I said, the engine was originally built for 850hp. Eddie uses a stouter crank on his 950. My rev limiter set for 6,200. I have yet to hold the throttle down until it stops accelerating. I am just out to have fun. If breaking 100 was a goal, I would have done it by now. My original goal was high 80's. I am way past that so it is all gravy.

I was laughing with my friend John yesterday. We are both dealing with the whole issue of everyone else seems to care how fast our boats will go but us.

My goal WAS getting past 80 when I started too. I think that we may have gone overboard a little on our build ups!! :yes: We are way past that now!:pimp:

brwn234
06-06-2009, 09:46 PM
"maybe you need a refresher course, it's all ball bearings nowadays"

The Hedgehog
06-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah,

Mine is back. Pretty much everything that you see in the diagram that moves is new now