PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula 11

BigGrizzly
06-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Well boys and girls we are doing it. The home court is the lake point. There hav not been any rooms blocked off so everybody is on there own. As usual it is Labor Day weekend we are arriving Friday night and will do something what it is not known. Lets see who will come and get your reservations in. from that point we will move forward. This is low key anchor out and shoot the breeze etc dinners somewhere and more breeze shooting.

VetteLT193
06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Where's Forrest?

I assume this is the place?: http://www.alapark.com/LakePointResort/

What do people usually get room wise: hotel, cabin, or cottage?

Last Real Texan
06-05-2009, 02:20 PM
If the Flowerpot had her coming out party
Okay, okay, I'll stop being so damm nostalgic.
Todd what's up....are you on Hormone therapthy? :nilly:

Would be nice to see you over there...it's just a two hour ride for us....and I know the area very well. better get planting.

Tex

BigGrizzly
06-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Vette you are Correct. I have a cabin but use to stay in the lodge. I got a cabin because the lodge was under reconstruction and wanted to reserve my spot. This is a really nice low key event. If you got a cabin you could share with Eddie. Boats are splashed and retrieved each day as a group. So we really become a fairly tight group. This is a really cool event because it is like a weekend on the river with friends . We stop at an island and anchor and jump in the water etc.

VetteLT193
06-06-2009, 09:05 AM
So no one leaves the boat in the water at the marina?

The Hedgehog
06-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Nah, just a great race that I'll never forget. We are lucky one of the boats still isn't there, based on how far out of the channel we were. 1/2 mile or so at least.
As for planting, the seed money started going out yesterday, so I am commited. Took me two years to get to this point, and I now I am in a big hurry yet again. The Cig Rally was my coming out goal, but why not shoot for Eufala for nostalga reasons.
We shall see.
Vette. What marina?

There have been many a lower unit trashed out in the middle of Eufaula. As you know, unless you really know the lake, treat channel markers with respect. I lived there for a couple of years. After the second summer I was just learning where you could go and not go.

Good luck on the boat. It sounds like you are doing it right.

Last Real Texan
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Nah, just a great race that I'll never forget. We are lucky one of the boats still isn't there, based on how far out of the channel we were. 1/2 mile or so at least.

As for planting, the seed money started going out yesterday, so I am commited. Took me two years to get to this point, and I now I am in a big hurry yet again. The Cig Rally was my coming out goal, but why not shoot for Eufala for nostalga reasons.

We shall see.

Vette. What marina?
Todd good stuff, this miracle grow 22 on some bio-tech wonder grow special blend will be a runner for sure...Look forward to having you as a passenger AND a bud to run down the lake with...remember I still need to give you a ride...if you want it. Looking forward to the finished product...

let me know if you need anything, I have some secret sources...they always treat me right.

Tex

SilverBack
06-07-2009, 12:57 PM
So...the 2 fire breathing ZX's and the Ilmor are going to Eufaula. Plus the Flower Pot and the Konrad Critter.......I guess that I have no choice but to make my reservation.:yes: That sounds like a real treat!! Blown Crew Cab.....Have you ever run in Eufaula? I need a stump spotter from what things sound like! Hedge...Do you know if Cat House Steve knows Eufaula pretty good...maybe I can get him to come with me! :pimp: It sounds like my first Donzi event will be one to remember!! I can't wait to see you guys there!!:wink:

BigGrizzly
06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Vette, it is more fun to bench race in the parking lot before, during and after dinner, this way the ladies are included as well as some kids. It is hard to explain what it is all about. Last year we had Mercme and his friends with there 124 mph tunnels all having fun standing in the water and doing the boating BS thing, like the keys on that Saturday at the Mami show. If we don't have something planed we plan something no problem.

SilverBack
06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
That sounds great Grizz!! If I can talk Cat House to come keep me clear of the stumps maybe he will bring his Skater. I think it does mid 150s. I look forward to meeting you guys for the first time! It sounds like a great time and it is not that for of a drive for me. See you guys there.

Todd...if by some chance the flower pot is not ready(I have known of some projects that draw out and take a while)(like mine):yes: you are welcome to ride with me any time!

BigGrizzly
06-08-2009, 08:02 AM
This is really a Donzi owners get together. The tunnels showed up for a day MercMe is a Donzi owner. Dan nys cam, but he too was a donzi owner and had attended several events in the past so it was with an agreement with the others that he be able to come and bring his wife to her first event. Cumberland is the only Donzi event that lets others in. Actually Connie is the only non Don boat that is admitted.

JustMercMe
06-08-2009, 08:41 AM
We'll be there fo sure. So add a 22 GT, a Minx, & Whippled 22 ZX to the mix. Gonna try and get the group to stay up on Eufaula this year.

As Hedge said.....Stay within the channel markers. Eufaula used to be a large amount of pecan plantations before it was a lake. So your not actually hitting stumps but whats left of a tree top......Lookin' forward to seeing you guys!

BigGrizzly
06-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I knew you will be there. it the other guys are cool too, they are really boat people, some with women problems:eek::eek: heard the stories. Funny how the boating girls don't like the non boating girls, you know what I am talking about:yes::yes:

VetteLT193
06-08-2009, 09:57 AM
crap. Maybe another place for group "B" to stay on the water?

The Hedgehog
06-08-2009, 10:13 AM
crap. Maybe another place for group "B" to stay on the water?

On the water gets tough. At the other end of the lake is Ft Gaines. Good place but a LONG way down. Weekend cabin rentals can also be found.

Another option is get a room in town and leave your boat at Chewalla Creek marina. Nice folks and they just might have a covered slip. If you want to hang out with others at the lodge at night, it is an easy 10 minute drive from there.

I miss Eufaula.

Forrest
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Where's Forrest?

You guys know that we'll be there. :cool:

Am I hearing that they are they still remodeling Lakepoint? Sheech!! That's got to be the longest remodel job in history!

If Lakepoint doesn't work out, there is always the recently remodeled, George T. Bagby State Park and Lodge (http://georgetbagby.com/net/content/item.aspx?s=5826.0.13.5646) on the Georgia side at the big (south) end of the lake. That's the place where we did the big Eufaula event in '02 with Roadtrip SE, Poodle, Farmer TX, Wa-Lo, Ted, . . .

Anyway, thank you very much Mr. Grizz for the Eufaula 11 kickoff!

Last Real Texan
06-08-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm out

No Ritz within 150 miles.....

Tex

Last Tango
06-08-2009, 04:56 PM
So, as PAST Supreme SEADOG, I called George T. Bagby State Park, site of our first 3 Eufaula events back in the day. They have over 50 rooms still available for that weekend. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner every day that weekend. Regular rooms are $80 per night on Friday and Saturday and $75 on Sunday night. Suites are $120 per night.
We normally make that our destination lunch on Saturday and Sunday anyway. So this year we can just plan early to picnic at the island.

Based on the huge availability of rooms right there on the water near the ramp, in the completely renovated and ready hotel, the fact that the lake is currently at normal levels, and I missed last year due to unforseen issues, I went ahead and made my reservation for there. No need to look any further.
http://georgetbagby.com/net/content/item.aspx?s=5826.0.13.5646
Toll Free number is (877) 591-5575. They charge your card immediately for the first night's reservation. 72 hour cancellation policy for full refund.

I will arrive Friday late afternoon September 4, 2009 and leave Monday, September 7, 2009

The return of Donzi Quixote...

No Whipple, no Pro
No headers for GO
Just stock from the box
Sippin' cheap gas, and slow.

PS. I called Lakepoint first just to check. They MIGHT have the lodge finished by then. But, there are no cabins left to rent. Everything there is booked.

VetteLT193
06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Sweet. I didn't want to book and be 'that guy' at the other place.

How many are booked at the first place??? Grizz for sure, and I hate to bust his balls but can we move this to the other hotel all together?

I know zero about this run, so take my suggestion for what it's worth I'm along for the ride and want everyone to be happy :cool:

Any South Florida guys that need a stopping point, just drop me a note.... My place is a perfect stop along the way.

BigGrizzly
06-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Crap your changing the rules on me, I will try to go with the flow, I really like Lakepoint, Bagly is another hour for me almost, but whatever. Ramp at lakepoint is much nicer.

JustMercMe
06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Bagby would be good. It's on my end of the lake....about 30 minutes from home. :wink:

If we can help you guys with anything(finding lake info, places to eat, other places to stay, etc....) let us know... Least we can do being that it's in our backyard! :yes:

BigGrizzly
06-09-2009, 08:23 AM
All I want to know is how far is the Anchor inn from there, nect to the Ore House?

Last Tango
06-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Actually, in your full defense, Grizz, you were the only one of us to plan ahead and make your reservations early (probably while checking out last year, as I had done many times before. LOL!). I did not mean to cause you any distress. And, quite honestly, Lakepoint should be our destination for the 2010 gathering.
In my defense, Lakepoint was completely booked, not taking reservations "just in case", and there were simply no other places on the lake to stay where the others could stay as well. The lagging construction at Lakepoint may lag even further, so I made a reservation where I could, and if others do that, then nice for all of us. At worst, we would now have folks at two locations instead of several.
I realize we may be at opposite ends of the lake, but that may make for a very interesting gathering in the middle. LOL!

And hopefully, Lakepoint will be ready to recieve us next year, and we can be one big happy family in the same place, again. And I MUCH prefer the lake front cottages at Lakepoint, and certainly the ramp area.

BigGrizzly
06-09-2009, 09:16 AM
I just made reservations at Bagley. I have not canceled my cabin at lake point yet, So I am opened. Todd I believe is going to do Bagley after stopping here on the way down. I'll Let him speak for himself. Come hell or high water I am going. No I do agree with Mark that 2010 Lakepoint should be the event meet HQ. That gives a run to and from the island. which is cool baring heavy rain:nilly::nilly: been there.

SilverBack
06-09-2009, 05:32 PM
King-sized bed for three nights. I am going to stop in at the Hacienda De Griz on the way down through Georgia.

Beats the Econo Lodge...

Who else is in?

Todd..I will be staying in the same place! I can't make it to Grizz's house though...it is too far out of the way. I look forward to meeting you there. Now go answer the questions on the Tab thread!!:wink:

BigGrizzly
06-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Things are looking up.

JustMercMe
06-09-2009, 08:32 PM
All I want to know is how far is the Anchor inn from there, nect to the Ore House?

Here ya go Grizz. Says 42 minutes but should'nt take ya but around 20-25 min.....

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fort+Gaines&1s=GA&1a=330+Bagby+Pkwy&1z=39851-2538&1y=US&1l=31.657953&1g=-85.058005&1v=ADDRESS&2c=Abbeville&2s=AL&2a=14315+State+Highway+95+N&2z=36310-5633&2y=US&2l=31.770885&2g=-85.152219&2v=ADDRESS

Theres also a place called the Abbeville Country Club that is closer that has a pretty good food.

The Oar House is a bar/restaruant on the water in White Oak Creek. We usually eat there before meeting up with you guys. Fuel on the water. They also have pretty good food and they feature a live band every saturday night out on the outdoor bar. Pretty good time.

p729lws
06-10-2009, 09:33 PM
That gives a run to and from the island. which is cool baring heavy rain:nilly::nilly: been there.

Damn that was a heavy rain last year Randy! :shocking: I need to put a windshield on the race boat to keep up you:wink:

Dan

BigGrizzly
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Just make sure you show up we are staying at Bagly this year then back to lake point next year.

VetteLT193
06-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Is there a bottom line location yet? I'm picking up the ZXO on Monday from Sarasota and will bring it to Eufaula :wink:

BigGrizzly
06-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Bottom line is Bagly this year Lake point next year. As for getting stomped b y me will be in the fuel savings of the engine. Will it really go any faster I won't know untill after a week of Konrad break in. They did the break in of the engine on the Dyno while I was in dental surgery. Home made Chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies go a long way in the high performance world.:yes::yes::yes:

VetteLT193
06-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Booked.. On the hunt for a couple tickets to the Miami/FSU brawl in Tally on the 7th.. :) :)

I might be able to get you a pair, I'll ask around... There are usually lots of people that can't make it to all the games.

VetteLT193
06-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Booked.. On the hunt for a couple tickets to the Miami/FSU brawl in Tally on the 7th.. :) :)

And you are welcome to stay with us... I'm on the East side of town, near I-10

BigGrizzly
06-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Does this mean that Poodle and the Walter tag team will show up at Eufaula?

minxclassic20
06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
As mercme just said, I will be there with the minx. I look forward to seeing all of you again, it was alot of fun last year

BigGrizzly
06-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Now we are getting some place.

VetteLT193
06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Are we allowed to cheer for U M ??
Working on the ticket thing now. My buddy Walter will probably make the trip with me, and we will head out to the game Monday.. No scheduled kickoff yet..

Yes. Team spirit is fine with me, along with some trash talk. All part of the game. I will be in Garnet and Gold the whole weekend though.

We have a sleeper sofa, another sofa, and a guest room.

JustMercMe
06-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Yes. Team spirit is fine with me, along with some trash talk. All part of the game. I will be in Garnet and Gold the whole weekend though.

Rock on!....I'll be the guy in the Crimson and White.

Forrest
06-26-2009, 03:31 PM
. . . I need a stump spotter from what things sound like! . . . :

It's not all that bad. There is lots of deep water at the Bagby end of the lake. Also, the water level is predicted to be higher than normal all this summer and the channel is plenty wide, but be aware that the bouys are small and far apart . . . and they're even smaller when your eyes are watering! :lookaroun:

BigGrizzly
06-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Looks lake a great start. I will not pick sides I like Jenny too much

Last Tango
06-26-2009, 08:19 PM
It's not all that bad. There is lots of deep water at the Bagby end of the lake. Also, the water level is predicted to be higher than normal all this summer and the channel is plenty wide, but be aware that the bouys are small and far apart . . . and they're even smaller when your eyes are watering! :lookaroun:

Like Forrest says, the channel is well marked, but you need to keep you eyes on the bouys because they can suddenly shift from one side of the lake to the other. If you are worried, just stick close to the 22ZX with the blue and black flames (me). I have been there many times and I'm likely to be the slowest one there this year.

BigGrizzly
06-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Road Trip and I know where the stumps are, oops:nilly::nilly::nilly::wink:

Greg K
06-28-2009, 08:36 AM
....buoys and stumps??? :lookaroun:

Last Tango
06-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Bouys = Good (marking deep channel, some are a few hundred yards apart, some over half a mile apart (red to green). All are visible.
Stumps = Bad. None in the channel. None near our favorite island/beach. None near the marinas. None just floating around.

JustMercMe
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Bouys = Good (marking deep channel, some are a few hundred yards apart, some over half a mile apart (red to green). All are visible.
Stumps = Bad. None in the channel. None near our favorite island/beach. None near the marinas. None just floating around.

Goin up this weekend to partake in the island festivities fo the 4th. Water levels are pretty good right now. If everything continues like it has been they should be perfect for Labor Day:crossfing:.

Forrest
07-01-2009, 11:14 AM
We stopped at the Big Island last Sunday and the water lever was just right. :biggrin.:

The level is still high (189'-ish,) but not too high where there is no beach. 189' above mean sea-level is about ideal, with 187.5' to 190' being good range. Above 190' there are absolutly no beaches anywhere, and below 187' boating outside of the channel becomes a challange. The water level at the Eufaula 9 event was around 185' - way too low.

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/georfc.htm

JustMercMe
07-01-2009, 02:34 PM
We stopped at the Big Island last Sunday and the water lever was just right. :biggrin.:

The level is still high (189'-ish,) but not too high where there is no beach. 189' above mean sea-level is about ideal, with 187.5' to 190' being good range. Above 190' there are absolutly no beaches anywhere, and below 187' boating outside of the channel becomes a challange. The water level at the Eufaula 9 event was around 185' - way too low.

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/georfc.htm

Forrest, You guys gonna be around this weekend?

dclassic
07-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Reservations made. :) The Tomahawk will be there after a long sabbatical. I finally got some time off scheduled. Grizz, we'll need some navigational help if you don't mind. We look forward to seeing some friends and meeting new ones. Happy 4th to all!

Forrest
07-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Forrest, You guys gonna be around this weekend?

We didn't make it for the 4th, but we will be there for the weekend of the 11th.

JustMercMe
07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
We didn't make it for the 4th, but we will be there for the weekend of the 11th.

Gonna hang around the house this weekend to recover....If anything changes and we decide to head that way I'll let you know. Had a large time and the island on the 4th...It was pretty well packed with people. The water was rough all day due to all the boats running around.

BigGrizzly
07-06-2009, 04:10 PM
DClassic we will talk. If you need information My home phone is 706-216-8194. Call anytime after 6:30 to 10:00 EST.

BigGrizzly
07-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I am bringing a friend who does some really nice Movies and will do a the event If you want he will make a movie of the event and have it for a small charge for his travels. He writes for Trailer Boat mag and will also tru to get them to do an article about the event. All depends what the editor says after it is done. He worked with me at Honda and is a real good at what he does. He is retired as I am and lives close to me.

donzi2287
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, I was not planing on going to the event. However, I am going with my brother
Eddie:yes:

BigGrizzly
07-17-2009, 12:39 PM
I had no doubt that you would come:yes: Your as much a Donzi ite as the rest of us.

BUIZILLA
07-24-2009, 10:28 PM
workin on it...

werkin' on Bud too..

VetteLT193
07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I actually got talked out of going to Eufaula during our run this weekend. I usually get talked into stuff like this so it was odd to say the least.

Have fun guys.

Forrest
07-27-2009, 09:19 AM
I actually got talked out of going to Eufaula during our run this weekend . . .
How in heck did you get talked out of going to the only Donzi event that is located litterally in your own back yard?

From reading here of who all is planning on being there, it looks as it has all the makings of turning out to be the best Eufaula event to date.

You may want to reconsider. Depending on which side of Tally you are leaving from, it's an easy 2 to 2-1/2 hour drive up US27/SR39 to George T. Bagby and Eufaula 11.

JustMercMe
07-27-2009, 03:32 PM
How in heck did you get talked out of going to the only Donzi event that is located litterally in your own back yard?

From reading here of who all is planning on being there, it looks as it has all the makings of turning out to be the best Eufaula event to date.

You may want to reconsider. Depending on which side of Tally you are leaving from, it's an easy 2 to 2-1/2 hour drive up US27/SR39 to George T. Bagby and Eufaula 11.

I must agree.....:yes:

VetteLT193
07-27-2009, 08:05 PM

I have been wanting to do this run since I first bought my Minx.

If anyone wants to talk about it, 850-597-7126. up until 9:00 at night, and all through the day I'll be home. My name is Bob.

donzi2287
07-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Make it a double and I have 9 hours on top of that drive.... give me a ringy dingy anytime 305-522-2029.

Roger Doger.
Eddie

BigGrizzly
07-28-2009, 11:55 AM
RT, your reservations are still valid at the Casa de Griz. Prop testing may be available there too.

donzi2287
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Randy,

Looks like my brother and I will not be going to this event!!! Wish we could see you! Next time somewhere else..... Tell Lady Griz we said hello!!!

Eddie

BigGrizzly
07-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Todd, I will dig around. Are you up for testing a proto type OXP 4 blade?
Eddie sorry you won't make it we will be thinking of you. We always have a good time with you and Bob. It seems like with you and Bob laughter is a priority, regardless of how bad things get.

BigGrizzly
07-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Pitch You know how they work a 28 is a 30 etc. Tex turns a 29 Fusion at about 5700 and 93 mph, with a shorty and 850+ ponies or Clydesdale s. The 28 proto I got to go on the Konrad is the biggest 28 I have ever seen. Looks like a cross between a hydro and TXP. We just have try it and the other bigger ones when it is time.

BigGrizzly
08-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Brett sufferes from the Bravo syndrome too.

SilverBack
08-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Brett sufferes from the Bravo syndrome too.
What does that mean?????

BigGrizzly
08-03-2009, 02:56 PM
The pitch the pitch syndrome.

BigGrizzly
08-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Come a day early and we can brake it in here with no pressure. If you bring it you don''t have to use it. It is called self restraint. Trouble will happen even if your alone. we know how you are. Besides at Eufaula we normally go slow unless three AD's go out to play abd make a new channel:shocking: However you have a seat with me if wanted.

Forrest
08-12-2009, 04:35 PM
. . . and speaking of arriving early, Ginny and I plan to arrive for Eufaula 11 on Wednesday before the event. For that reason, anyone arriving early will not be alone!

BigGrizzly
08-13-2009, 09:50 AM
I will be there Friday afternoon.

BigGrizzly
08-17-2009, 10:53 AM
This is going to be a good relaxing week end.

JustMercMe
08-18-2009, 08:07 AM
I will be there Friday afternoon. Grizz I get off on fridays @ lunch so I might ride up and hang out with you early folks that afternoon.:yes:

BigGrizzly
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I like that idea, maybe we can talk people into a good dinner too. Even the all you can eat place if time gets short.

Forrest
08-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Wow! Eufaula 11 is shaping up to be, with out a doubt, the best Eufaula event to date. It looks like we have some serious heavy hitters showing up with their Donzi(s) this year. Big Grizz, myself, and everyone else involved with making the Eufaula Donzi event happen, are very appreciative of each an every one who attends. We know that many folks travel a long way and make a major effort to get here and it does not go unnoticed! For that reason we try to make the Eufaula event a fun a possible without breaking anyone's bank.

With that in mind, it took very little arm twisting for Ginny and I to decide to once again host the Sunday night dinner and festivities. Since our location is literally right down the street from Bagby State Park and Lodge, it will be very easy everyone to get there.

Every year we try to get a somewhat of an accurate head-count in advance of who all will be there, but past experience has shown that no one really knows for sure who's going to be there until the day of the event. For that reason, we've learned to be flexible, and to just go with the flow. However, with that said, and since the event is only two weeks away, we will soon be posting a "Who's going to be there" thread anyway.

Enough rambling . . . See you at Eufaula 11!

BigGrizzly
08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
I will be there, and Trip will be there too with or without a boat. He is stopping by my place so I can show off my house, rest then travel south with us.

JustMercMe
08-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Our group will be there short a 22ZX this year. So just a 22C and a Minx. Might run up friday afternoon for a while to shoot the sh## with you guys. Will deffinately be there all day saturday. Dunno about sunday.

Went to the lake this past saturday and I've never seen it so rough! Got air and had to back out of the throttle a couple of times! It was very windy though.

Looking forward to seeing all you guys again!

JustMercMe
08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
1 WEEK TO GO.....Whats the count on attendees this year?

BigGrizzly
08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Merc, I am bringing some test/and or buy stuff for your boat. Its time to put this to rest. We are ready for some good old fashion friends and talk.

JustMercMe
08-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Merc, I am bringing some test/and or buy stuff for your boat. Its time to put this to rest. We are ready for some good old fashion friends and talk.

Sounds good...Gonna try to get up there friday afternoon if I can. Call me when you get in(334.790.6616)....I'm only about 20-30 min away.

Jonathan

BigGrizzly
08-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Will do, My cell is 770-318-1136, just incase I screw up.

Forrest
08-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Well, at this point, like almost every year so far, it looks like we won't have a count or know exactly who all is going to be there until the fun begins on Friday. :yes:

But, if you do know that you are going to be there, or even if there is a good to remote chance that you are going to be there, please let us know either by posting here or PM. It just helps with the planning.

JustMercMe
09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Well Grizz, roadtrip, Forrest......Are we it? :(

Forrest
09-01-2009, 05:00 PM
My guess is that there will be signifigantly more than the three you listed.

Remember Florida State plays Miami in Tallahassee on Labor Day is at 8:00pm, and that alone should be enough bring out a well known or two to the event. Bobby Bowden Field is about 2-1/2 hour away from Bagby.

Others, depending on their last minute situation will either decide out of the blue at the last minute to be there, and on the other hand, some may cancel.

BigGrizzly
09-01-2009, 05:29 PM
More usually show. However if not we will have a hell of a time. That Minx guy is coming right? I believe Mark is coming too. Trust me it will be good. Some times small is really good. I don't know about the others. We did not blast this out because it gets too hard to organize. The good thing Mrec is with a small group you really get to know us and you may want to come to Cumberland too, never can tell.

JustMercMe
09-01-2009, 07:30 PM
More usually show. However if not we will have a hell of a time. That Minx guy is coming right? I believe Mark is coming too. Trust me it will be good. Some times small is really good. I don't know about the others. We did not blast this out because it gets too hard to organize. The good thing Mrec is with a small group you really get to know us and you may want to come to Cumberland too, never can tell.

No doubt on the hell of a time!

Grizz, Heath w/ the Minx had to bow out due to a new job, and the 22zx was sold a couple of weeks ago(Hopefully a Shelby 22 or a 27 ZR in the near future)....So looks like its just me and the wife this trip. Pops is gonna be at the lake I believe so I may drag him out saturday. He's grown attached to the deck boat these days! :)Gonna try and get up there friday after lunch if any of you guys are around....Deffinately gonna be there saturday for the day.....

BAMA's playing VT that night so I gotta be near a TV for that defensive battle!

Whats the plan saturday?....Island like last year? Hope to see you guys friday!

BigGrizzly
09-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Its ok, The wife and pops are good.

Emmo
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I would like to day trip this year without my boat. I am real low on fundage.

Griz-
Is there a schedule of events?

BigGrizzly
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Well Emo, then get it together and show up at the Bagby lodge, I am shure we can make some kind of room for you. Get moving. Everybody is short of fundage, I could not even buy a Clunker.

sweet 16 1966
09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I am feeling strongly bout driving down early Sat. am. Yep- the funds are a concern but this time last year- gas was almost twice the current cost. Saw it today for $2.27. Mapquest from where the boat is and its 162 miles through the backroads so... no excuse! I hope to see everyone on Sat and maybe part of Sunday. :yes::boat::cool!::outtahere:

VetteLT193
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I am feeling strongly bout driving down early Sat. am. Yep- the funds are a concern but this time last year- gas was almost twice the current cost. Saw it today for $2.27. Mapquest from where the boat is and its 162 miles through the backroads so... no excuse! I hope to see everyone on Sat and maybe part of Sunday. :yes::boat::cool!::outtahere:

You are killing me Russ. Might pop in myself if you are going.

sweet 16 1966
09-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Got room!!

VetteLT193
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Got room!!

Is the 22 fixed?

Mr X
09-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I am out.
Too much going on here to get away, as usual. :frown:

JustMercMe
09-04-2009, 07:41 AM

Sweet! Good to hear! Gas has been a little cheaper around here for some reason.

Vette....might as well!, Hell we'll find you a ride somehow. Cmon up!

Emmo
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm in the lobby. Are you taking a nap? MY cell phone doesn't work here, but WiFi in the lobby is righteous.

VetteLT193
09-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Wifey still doesn't want to deal with drama so we're taking the boat South this weekend. Have fun guys... For those that I haven't met, we'll meet another time:wink:

sweet 16 1966
09-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Had a great two days running with friends. Weather was perfect and all boats ran great. Never had so much help- thank you roadtrip se for the splash and retieval. You were a great co-pilot even though you had rather be driving! This was a very relaxing visit. Even though we hauled the boats out at night, it worked well . Next year we have options. JustMercMe has a
fine looking Shelby/GT- my pics don't do it justice! Forrest's Magnum was impressive and is one fine ride. Grizz and Poodles Criterian s look good together! How long has that been? If you are reading this and did not participate-maybe even said you were coming and did not, well you missed some great water and company. I will be back.

sweet 16 1966
09-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I know I missed out but I did the right thing. Would love to see the pics.
Here are a few more. Not to offend anyone but Walter's dog bite was a classic also.

Forrest
09-07-2009, 08:31 PM
What fun it was!!
I'll let the pictures tell the story . . .

Forrest
09-07-2009, 08:34 PM
. . . and a few more . . .

Donzi Racer
09-08-2009, 06:21 AM
We had a blast at the Bagby resort. It was great. We weren't able to run with the big boys, had just splashed 2 boats we were not sure of so we stayed close to the Cabin. We were able to keep the boats in the water though and it was great getting up at Daybreak and heading out for an early morning run on Slick water. We took a Minx and a 22 and they were perfect for the water there. We also had a 18 foot classic but did not run it much. Best pics and the water was awfully clear. Thank goodness the water was up, cause I did not have a clue where to run or not run. No boo boo's though. Great seeing everyone having a great time, Tom

Donzi Racer
09-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Sorry but I could not resist a few Marketing Shots. hhahahahah Great weekend. Thanks Forrest, we are coming back soon. Tom

PS The Pic of the round Donzi Racer on the front is NOT eye candy but a Big Boy trying to figure how to get the hell off this fangled machine. hahahahahahaha T

Trueser
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I see lines attached while running.

What's up with that?

BUIZILLA
09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I see lines attached while running.

What's up with that? obviously, they're trolling.. :lookaroun:

Donzi Vol
09-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Even though I thought I was going to die on the way down (lost on HWY 39 at midnight is how scary movies start!), it was a cool venue and good to see everybody. I didn't stick around long as I wanted to get my new-to-me 18 home to get her running. As Racer told me, I took my ball and went home. HA!

BigGrizzly
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Great weekend. A leisurely cook out Saturday night. Good runs and swimming on both days great weather and a great farewell dinner on Sunday night. There is not much else to say because Good friends, good food, good boating, good weather. The only way it could have been better is if I were twins.

Sweet Cheekz
09-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Great weekend. A leisurely cook out Saturday night. Good runs and swimming on both days great weather and a great farewell dinner on Sunday night. There is not much else to say because Good friends, good food, good boating, good weather. The only way it could have been better is if I were twins.

Or if I would have made it with my family :kingme:

dclassic
09-08-2009, 09:38 PM
We had a great time! Great people, great weather, and great boats! It was nice to boat with The Grizz gang again (Thanks Randy and Barb, we'll meet up on Lanier soon). It was a pleasure to see Russ again and to meet Forrest, Road Trip, Mad Poodle, and Walter! I even got to meet Donzi Racer on our way out of town! What a great group of people.

Sorry to all we missed a lot of the group activities and didn't have a lot of time to chat. The little ones kept us a bit busy. Thanks to all for the hospitality... We'll be back and we'll work on having more time to chat. :)

JustMercMe
09-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Had a great time saturday catching up with all you guys! Could'nt resist chasing down & passing a Fountain on the way back in! Thanks for the kind words on the boat guys!

Gonna try to make it to a couple of more events next year for sure......Deffinately staying the whole time @ Eufaula next year! Great meeting ya Todd, Russ, Poodle...Already looking forward to the next time!

Forrest, Russ, Thanks for the pics! The weekend went by way to fast!

Grizz, good seeing ya again! I'll get up with you on the 26 or 27 pitch....

BigGrizzly
09-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Parnell, you have a point if you had showed up, maybe next year. Jason, yes, we need to hook up at Lanier, you need to use that beautiful boat more. You have the cleaning down pat, now you need to work on the use thing:yes:. We all do understand the offspring thing. You need to concentrate a little more on quality wife with boating thing. I am really glad you made it. What we need to do is get all the Lanier gang together at my place for cruising and BBQ thing.

WA-LO
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey can some pull some strings for me next year, I think Im still on the
black list at bagby! Come on isnt there like a penalty box trump card I
can get. I will bring a differnt boat, if thats what it takes! Looks
like everybody had a blast!:wink:

WA-LO
09-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Thats funny I kinda feel like a life support system for all of the above!!

BigGrizzly
09-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I think we need to decide weather to do Bagby or Lake point in a hurry. Here are the pros and cons.
Pro,
Lake Piont:
Better ramp
new rooms
Bigger parking lot NOT better
A good run to and from Forrest's island
More restaurants to chose from
Cons:
Much Farther to Forrest house if we have dinner there Sunday
Long boat drive to go back to the motel from the island after a day of wading/ swimming
Farther from Florida but closer to Atlanta.
There are others but can't think of them.

Lets get this together SOON

Jon the ladies were missed, you welllll we did not talke about you, just them.:kingme::kingme:

WA-LO
09-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Griz, im just the bus driver!! I agree they are much better to look at!:angel:

BigGrizzly
09-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I know that feeling, the bus thing. So get your act together and make a wrong turn going home and end up at Eufaula. Make a ditty bag with the girls bathing suits and a couple of shorts and T shirts and just leave them in the back and everybody is happy. If Kathy asks why the boat is hooked up just tell her you are using it for towing practice:yes:

BigGrizzly
09-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Actually at Bagby they only have the lunch buffet too. To be honest it doesn't really matter to me. It is just that friday night the Mecican place was good but so we drive a little from bagby

sweet 16 1966
09-11-2009, 05:54 PM
We look like Bagby people to me. Just an observation... Can you see our croud at the Sunday Brunch.
I don't want any hastles. Griz, its still the shortest trip for a get together short of your back yard on Lake Lanier.

BigGrizzly
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Like I said before it really does not matter to me. In reality going to Eufaula for dinner isn't really that far. It is actually almost the same from Lakepoint. So lets all get on this thread and make a FIRM choice. So far Bagby has it. So lets chime in. Another pro point it is closer for MercME and his crew too. He can drive from home. to Bagby.

BigGrizzly
09-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Lets do the Bagby thing then. Lets get rolling.

JustMercMe
09-14-2009, 11:32 AM
So far Bagby has it. So lets chime in. Another pro point it is closer for MercME and his crew too. He can drive from home. to Bagby.

Yep Yep....about 30 minutes for me. I'm game either way though! We'll get you guys some back road routes to places to eat next time. Anchor Inn is a good little seafood & steaks place.

BigGrizzly
09-15-2009, 10:42 AM
I love that place. Food is great. So lets start to get it together.

Forrest
09-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Well, no more sticky for this thread which officially marks the end of Eufaula 11. This one is going down in history not as the biggest Eufaula event ever, but probably one of most fun of all the Eufaula events. No, we didn't take a ton of pictures, and that's simply because we were having too good of a time to keep pulling out the camera and snapping a picture, but the is always Eufaula 12.

Anyway, a great idea emerged from Eufaula 11. The idea for Eufaula 12, courtesy of our very own MadPoodle himself, is that we get everyone together and rent all of the two-bedroom lake-front cabins at George T. Bagby State Park for the 2010 Labor day weekend. Wha is really nice is that you can, launch once and either beach or anchor your Donzi in the protected cove directly in front of the cabins for the weekend. The cabin area is somewhat seclude from the rest of the park, and in general, it’s just a very nice setting suitable for nightly gathering and cookouts.

As I understand, some folks have already reserved their cabins for Eufaula 12 during the Eufaula 11 event. I would highly recommend that you reserve you cabin as soon as possible to insure your spot in this great location for Eufaula 12.