PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota, FL....

JeffH
06-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm going on my 20th Honeymoon (can't believe I made it this far:yes:). We are going to Sarasota (Longboat Key) on Sunday for some much needed time alone.

Does anyone have any info/hot tips on special interests and fine dining in the area? We are flying into Tampa and will have a car...5 days to explore!

Thanks,

Jeff

ps, wife says no boating after burning 50 gallons in the 18c last weekend:wink:

Last Real Texan
06-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm going on my 20th Honeymoon (can't believe I made it this far:yes:). We are going to Sarasota (Longboat Key) on Sunday for some much needed time alone.

Does anyone have any info/hot tips on special interests and fine dining in the area? We are flying into Tampa and will have a car...5 days to explore!

Thanks,

Jeff

ps, wife says no boating after burning 50 gallons in the 18c last weekend:wink:

Lived on Siesta key for a while as a kid....so long ago that there was only one stop light on the island. I have not been back to see how it has changed but the whole Lognboat key area is tops still, from what I have heard from some family I still have there. Just go and have a great time and St.Armands Circle has some choice places to dine...And while you are in the Home town of Donzi, run by the factory and let poor Andy know if there is any activity over there.

Happy Honeymoon!

Tex

JeffH
06-05-2009, 07:28 AM
I told my wife about the factory and she rolled her eyes! Then I let her know that it was closed and she didn't need to worry about it.

I would love to go check it out. It's in Sarasota? I'll look em up and give a report!

rchevelle71
06-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Check out Siest Key Oyster bar one night, not exactly fine Dining, but a FUN Place, and a short walk from the beach, take her for a walk on the beach after dinner and a few drinks:eek:

Lenny
06-05-2009, 10:59 AM
You cant go wrong with this place http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3839/Sarasota ...ever...

:D

And a trip to the CIG factory is pretty much a slam dunk while you're in the car too.

mrfixxall
06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
jeff, congrats! longboat key is a vary nice place! bring your credit card:)

off the main strip (41) going twards longboat key theirs a sea food place called marina jacks! great sea food!

theirs also a bunch of great places to eat in st armond circle before you get on to 789 going twards long boat key..once your on 789 theirs a great steak house on the south side of the rd next to the golf coarse,i forget he name of it tho!

night life! you want to check out the gator club down town sarasota on main street they always have great bands with a mixed age croud ranging from 20 to 50+,theirs also a bunch of other night life bars too with in walking distance..

beaches!

theirs plenty of them lol,i have my own private little spot i go to off of midnight pass rd, i named it shell road beach, it over looks lido key and its a large channel that lads into sarasota bay..theirs only 60feet of beach but its private to the public and it has a nice shady area under rubber just incase you get too much sun..

whyle your their head south on 41 to venice beach,,approx 10 miles. you and the wify can stroll up and down the beach looking for shark teeth, the sand their has a black tint to it from all the sharks loosen theit teath which discolored the sand..

i dont know if its the time of the year yet but if you go to the end of siesta key which is called turtle key, at night the sea turtles come up on the beach to lay their eggs,then on the way back you have to stop at the daiquari deck,they have the best drunks on the island!!

good luck to ya!

O and BTW check for road construction on 64 if your going to take that route twards anna marie island,then 789 down,,i was their a few months ago and they were rebuilding the bridge and you couldnt get to longboat that way..

JeffH
06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys!

Sounds like we picked a good spot (I wanted to go to Bahamas but kid entering college changed my plans:boggled:)!

I appreciate ya'lls insite and I'll be sure to hit as many of these spots as I can (I not much for laying around on the beach all day:bonk:).

Have Crdit Card Ready to GO:shades:

JH

Cuda
06-05-2009, 07:47 PM
You can't go wrong with any number of fine dining establishments on St Armand's Circle. The wife will like the botiques there probably more than your credit a card will!

It's right across the bridge from the Hyatt on the water in Sarasota.

When are you going? I still get notices of special rates at the Hyatt from my old boat club, the OPBA.

Hyatt is a cool place to stay. It can get a tad pricey to drink there. Ask Budman! :kingme:

CHACHI
06-05-2009, 08:15 PM
ST. Armands, a great place to people watch.

Ken

Cuda
06-05-2009, 09:48 PM
ST. Armands, a great place to people watch.

Ken
That too! I once did a job on St Armands. I lived on the Suncoast 33 years, and my choice would be St Armands Circle.

JeffH
06-06-2009, 07:32 AM
We are catching the red eye out of Houston Sunday morning! We are staying at the Longboat Key Resort and Spa...or something like that. Only $200 a night:nilly:. She had a friend stay there years ago and said it was nice...and it's been recently renovated.

Thanks again for all the hot tips. I'll be sure to let ya'll know of our experience!

It's nice to have connections nation wide:yes:!!!!

Jeff