PDA

View Full Version : Hell Yeah - That's What I'm Talkin' About!

Carl C
06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
:) :) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2Z3LUYito

Last Real Texan
06-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Good stuff Carl...Congrats!!:kingme:

SilverBack
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Looking and sounding sweet Carl!!!

firstafence
06-04-2009, 04:00 PM
:) :) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2Z3LUYito

That Is Sweet :yes::worthy::eek::kingme::shocking:

mrfixxall
06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Well its about time carl!! so what was the out come,did you have to run a extra wire to the main harness to fire it?

sounds healthy!!

Carl C
06-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Well its about time carl!! so what was the out come,did you have to run a extra wire to the main harness to fire it?

sounds healthy!!

It runs with the harness adapter, just no gauges or up trim. I have a complete wiring harness and AGI (analog gauge interface) box coming. Need to get the computer flashed to put out an analog tach signal. I'm behind schedule but I'll get her done.

zelatore
06-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow, that's really too bad. I was hoping you'd just scrap the whole project and sell me the shorty for 25 cents on the dollar.

Just kidding - sounds strong! Can't wait to hear some numbers.

RickSE
06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Love the sound of the 500's. I miss mine, still sitting in "winter" back corner garage storage.:frown:

Carl, you're gonna get a lot of bugs in your teeth with the big grin you'll have on your face once you drop this thing in the water.

roadtrip se
06-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Now, show Brian a little love for his work.

Carl C
06-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Now, show Brian a little love for his work.

Let's put it this way, Brian is one of the few people I trust to work on my stuff. The exhaust work is immaculate.

Jraysray
06-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Wow, thats really sic! Good chooice on the q/q.

gcarter
06-04-2009, 06:38 PM
That looks and sounds great Carl.
Congratulations! :yes:

Trueser
06-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Look cool Carl....

Sea trail next?

JustMercMe
06-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Looking & sounding good Carl! Can't wait to see some testing results. Thinking more and more about going blue myself.:wink:

cutwater
06-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Nice Carl, looks first-rate :thumbsup:

Carl C
06-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Look cool Carl....

Sea trail next?

Thanks everybody. Mike, my parts should be here June 10th. I will work the week-end but should be able to hit the water June 16-18.

Kudos to the guys at Bam Marine for their quick response to my e-mail and for going the extra mile to contact Mercury and find out what I needed to order and do.

BUIZILLA
06-04-2009, 07:07 PM
is it my screen or is there not a lot of water out the pipes???

luv the tone though..

RickR
06-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Love that sound! :thumbsup:

zelatore
06-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks everybody. Mike, my parts should be here June 10th. I will work the week-end but should be able to hit the water June 16-18.

Kudos to the guys at Bam Marine for their quick response to my e-mail and for going the extra mile to contact Mercury and find out what I needed to order and do.

Perfect timing - you'll just make it to Powell with us for the weekend! :wink:

luv the tone though..

??? looked like plenty to me, but what the heck do I know???

catch 22
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Sounds GOOD Carl. Nice job.

Last Real Texan
06-04-2009, 08:53 PM

luv the tone though..
Was thinking the same thing...not so much H2O coming out the pipes.

Tex

gcarter
06-04-2009, 09:00 PM
It could be too small of a hose. I invested in a 3/4" hose some time ago. It'll flow more than twice as much waster as a 5/8" hose. They're expensive though.

Carl C
06-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm using a home made flushing jig that leaks plus the headers have restricters in the water ports. I think it'll be OK but of course the first time out I will be cautious.

Carl C
06-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Love the sound of the 500's. I miss mine, still sitting in "winter" back corner garage storage.:frown:

Carl, you're gonna get a lot of bugs in your teeth with the big grin you'll have on your face once you drop this thing in the water.

Ahem, 500s are sooooo yesterday :popcorn:.

As long as they're not June bugs.....no dental insurance.......:nilly:

BigGrizzly
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
On the road to recovery:yes::yes::yes:

roadtrip se
06-05-2009, 01:25 PM

Um, aren't we jumping the gun just a bit here?

Your boat hasn't even made it to the water yet (meaning zero seat time), you still don't have steering (meaning things will get interesting if you get north of 80 for very long), and you have never attended a rally of any substance so you have no idea how the 500's will stack up and run with your boat (meaning you don't really know what you are talking about). You might just be a bit surprised.

Maybe, just maybe, a bit early for starting the trash talk? Yes, I thought so. I appreciate your excitment to be making progress (reminds me of myself in 2002), but please save the the shots for later....

Carl C
06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Um, aren't we jumping the gun just a bit here?

Your boat hasn't even made it to the water yet meaning zero seat time, you still don't have steering, and you have never attended a rally of any substance meaning you have no idea how the 500's will stack up and run with your boat. You might just be a bit surprised.

Maybe, just maybe, a bit early for starting the trash talk? Yes, I thought so. I appreciate your excitment to be making progress, but please save it
for later....

It's never too soon for trash talk. I could always force feed it. First there is a little grudge match to settle against a certain teal 22 who hopefully hasn't been lurking here....:popcorn::popcorn:. I think the sound might give me away though!

Last Real Texan
06-05-2009, 01:37 PM

Carl....knock knock.....Carl....hello .......are you there?

Oooops yes you are, you have turned back into Carl again:bonk:...just when I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel...Everyone gives you props and then this.....

Put the steering on show up and run it....let it do the trash talking, but you need to show up:popcorn: to do it.

Tex

Carl C
06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes, Tex from Georgia. I will always be me. I better get some trash talking in now, I might blow this thing up the first time out:shocking:.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

RedDog
06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm using a home made flushing jig that leaks plus the headers have restricters in the water ports. I think it'll be OK but of course the first time out I will be cautious.

Was water also flowing down the y-pipe to the prop exhaust. That's what mine does even with the exhaust is open.

Donziweasel
06-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Hmmm.....500 hp so yesterday? Well, my 540 started as a Merc HP 500. Now it has 600 hp. Quick calculations........about 75 hp more than yours.....

Hope is runs as good as it looks and sounds........:wink::crossfing:

Might want to keep the trash talkin' down to a dull roar before you get it wet, you never know what can happen......plus I am sure there are a few guys on here running HP 500's and might take it the wrong way......

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes, Tex from Georgia. I will always be me. I better get some trash talking in now, I might blow this thing up the first time out:shocking:.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

sorry I can't get the picture of Bill murray in stripes out of my head

BLOOOWD UUUUP SIR

Carl way to keep that positive attitude :rolleyes:

If I were you I would have done this all under the shrowd of night all on the QT

well then to use another film analogy you would have been a real sandbagger just like when the sandbags holding the curtains up on stage always fell on someone on the stage in those old comedies

but now the cats out of the bag and well to use another entertainment analogy you don't want it to come back and bite you in the azz like happen to sigfried and roy :tongue: so I would make sure it can out run the natives before you go rieling them up or you gonna end up like bugs bunny in a black kettle with a pigmy slicing carrots into your bath water :tongue:

you're almost there I would not run it again until I had gauges
just to make sure all is well

so far so good now get her done :yes:

good luck

SilverBack
06-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Carl...if you really have bad luck....and think something bad might happen...I might think about that steering again....:confused:

Good luck in any case!!

Carl C
06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Just kidding guys, that's what the little popcorn emoticons mean :). I'm pumped up. I really want to drive this boat. There is plenty of water flow. I'm not worried about that.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Just kidding guys, that's what the little popcorn emoticons mean :). I'm pumped up. I really want to drive this boat. There is plenty of water flow. I'm not worried about that.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I'd re think that Carl I thought the ;) and the :tongue: were more kidding

the :popcorn: to me is more I've stirred things up and now I am gonna sit back and watch what happens and enjoy it like a movie

but it does also mean that things are gonna get interesting and you want to see how it turns out so i guess the popcorn works

you'll have to go to the int'l regulatory commission on emoticons and avatars for a definitive answer on that though

:bonk::toiletpap:lobster::boggled::pizza::party:

Carl C
06-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Carl...if you really have bad luck....and think something bad might happen...I might think about that steering again....:confused:

Good luck in any case!!

Steering will be next spring's project for sure. Then I think I'll have the boat where I want it for some time. It sounds like the Bravo 1 drive is all I need for a boat this small. Again, all the smack talk was in fun. :):)

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Was water also flowing down the y-pipe to the prop exhaust. That's what mine does even with the exhaust is open.

That is probably it.

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Hmmm.....500 hp so yesterday? Well, my 540 started as a Merc HP 500. Now it has 600 hp. Quick calculations........about 75 hp more than yours.....
Might want to keep the trash talkin' down to a dull roar before you get it wet, you never know what can happen......plus I am sure there are a few guys on here running HP 500's and might take it the wrong way......

600 hp is where you are STARTING with the Critter!

And there is always a Critter lurking around right now with a 700+hp beast and a Konrad getting ready to come out. It is being put together by a quiet and unassuming yet methodical guy that does not even need to talk smack. A guy that boats for enjoyment and not to prove a point. A guy that's smile says it all when he is out skipping over waves in his boat.

Carl C
06-05-2009, 06:53 PM
[quote=The Hedgehog;517419] It is being put together by a quiet and unassuming yet methodical guy that does not even need to talk smack. A guy that boats for enjoyment and not to prove a point. quote] You really take things too seriously if you feel that way:shocking:.

BUIZILLA
06-05-2009, 07:02 PM
[quote=The Hedgehog;517419] It is being put together by a quiet and unassuming yet methodical guy that does not even need to talk smack. A guy that boats for enjoyment and not to prove a point. quote] You really take things too seriously if you feel that way:shocking:. welp, I happen to agree with what he says...

mrfixxall
06-05-2009, 07:24 PM

Dw,If carl has 500 and your pushing 600 then how much am i pushing? ill give you a little hint..

Carl C
06-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I guess I wil need to remember to keep things serious here and have fun on other sites. That's really a shame that you guys don't know how to joke around and have fun. Life can be good, give it a chance.:nilly:

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I guess I wil need to remember to keep things serious here and have fun on other sites. That's really a shame that you guys don't know how to joke around and have fun. Life can be good, give it a chance.:nilly:

Carl
sorry I took it the same way if you were kidding perhaps the shocking :shocking: symbol was not the one to use at the end of your post
but the razz :tongue: or the wink :wink:

life is good but it is too short to spend trying to figure out what you mean
:tongue:

SilverBack
06-05-2009, 07:38 PM
And there is always a Critter lurking around right now with a 700+hp beast and a Konrad getting ready to come out. It is being put together by a quiet and unassuming yet methodical guy that does not even need to talk smack. A guy that boats for enjoyment and not to prove a point. A guy that's smile says it all when he is out skipping over waves in his boat.

I guess we have a new fan club starting around here!!:wink:

I think that maybe someones Dyno needs to be calibrated:confused: I can't see how 150 HP can get you 15 more MPH in a bigger less aerodynamic boat. But then again...I never do understand!!:kingme:

Air 22
06-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Dw,If carl has 500 and your pushing 600 then how much am i pushing? ill give you a little hint..

Well...for starters..there is some "Racing Blue" that I've seen b4:yes:...

mrfixxall
06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Well...for starters..there is some "Racing Blue" that I've seen b4:yes:...

:kingme:

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 07:56 PM
[quote=The Hedgehog;517419] It is being put together by a quiet and unassuming yet methodical guy that does not even need to talk smack. A guy that boats for enjoyment and not to prove a point. quote] You really take things too seriously if you feel that way:shocking:.

Carl, I know that you get a rise out of this (or hope that you are often poking fun). I actually think that it is funny that you taunt the 500 EFI guys. We all can use a good joke from time to time. I think that it is cool that you stepped up to the plate and did something. On the other hand I hope that you are doing this for the right reason.

I have recently said some things that called my motivations into question by a bunch of folks. I am not exactly a conformist either but I respect the opinion of some of those that criticized me. It caused me to reflect. With me, I can assure me that the perception was not a reality. It was out of good natured fun but it obviously went too far. So maybe I think that some are overly sensitive to some things I say. None the less, I respect them. I owned up to it and moved on.

I think that Tex said it best in that most of us take pride in what we have regardless of what it is. I feel that way too. I realize that in the great scheme of things I am nowhere near the top. That is ok by me. I enjoy my projects and have fun. I enjoy the projects of others as well. To me I am just as interested in the guy that is pondering a 4 bbl for his 4.3 litre as someone pondering a quadrotor whipple. Today I had lunch with a friend that has an Outerlimits with a set of Teague 1,100's. He thought that some of the pics I sent him from AOTH of folks hammering classics was as cool as could be. I feel the same way. In the end it is not a contest and should be fun for all.

During me recent reflections, I also thought about folks I respect and how they conduct themselves. Does that mean that I plan to change the person I am? No, but I do plan to learn a few things from those I respect and we are never too old to do that.

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Carl
sorry I took it the same way if you were kidding perhaps the shocking :shocking: symbol was not the one to use at the end of your post
but the razz :tongue: or the wink :wink:
life is good but it is too short to spend trying to figure out what you mean
:tongue:

Good point on the icons. Falls into what Poodle was saying.

Now I am hoping my friends show up for drinks soon before I really start making an ass out of myself.:drinkbeer::band::drunk:

I will be wondering about whatever it is you are concocting. I am sure it is sick and demented. Perfect.

Donziweasel
06-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Sheeeshhh....just saying don't be knocking the ole' HP500......:bonk:

Carl, lighten up, go run your boat and have fun.....:wink:

Mike, I have no idea but you are scaring me.............:wink::bonk::)

Air 22
06-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Really?....hmmmm....well then ...so must be the do-yourself-er fiberglass/stringer repairs...:tase:.
Bring it Carl...ohhh wait...ur still in the garage:eek: :nilly::toiletpap

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 08:19 PM
:drinkbeer: :yes:

Air 22
06-05-2009, 08:23 PM
:popcorn::beer::alky::drinkbeer:

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 08:29 PM
:spit:

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 08:36 PM
:spit:

Ok guys. I started a thread to deal with the drink subject!

Sweet Cheekz
06-05-2009, 08:38 PM
This thread is shapeing up to be the battle of the "emoticons" :nilly::eek::bonk:

VetteLT193
06-05-2009, 08:45 PM
This thread is shapeing up to be the battle of the "emoticons" :nilly::eek::bonk:

I tried to find one of a huge schlong but there isn't one. :bonk::bonk::shocking:

Last Real Texan
06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
yep...:beer::banghead::drunk::drool::blub::flash:: drinkbeer::alky::drinkbeer::fam::censored::tase::h angum::tongue::hyper::smash::thewave::thewave::the wave::fam::fam::hi5::band::screwy::fam::fam::fam:: fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam:: fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::fam::thewa ve::thewave::thewave:

Now try looking at this after drinking all afternoon...

Tex

mrfixxall
06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Rite!!

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Tex
that is like a bad case of the bed :nilly: or like a bad drunk on tokillya:sombrero::puke:

Carl C
06-05-2009, 08:57 PM
That's more like it. I'm not taunting anyone and I'm not looking to be the fastest or there would be a blower on that motor. I'm just kidding around like we would if we were all hanging out on the docks. You guys will put me in my place when I make an event next year complete with steering. You all should know me better by now. It's all good from a stock 454 @ 65 mph to Ted's 100+ Ilmor. "I love you guys, man". I don't know what else to say so here are some emoticons:
:party::kingme::wink::pimp::odie::jester::jestera: :spongebob::bighug:

Tony
06-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Like him or not, Carl sure seems to elicit a response...5 pages of posts in two days!

:band:

:beer:

BigGrizzly
06-06-2009, 08:23 AM
I like him he tells it like he sees it and make no mistake he is not going to go hell bent for leather to prove a point like some would. He has got his thing wired.

Carl C
06-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks Grizz. No I'm not trying to prove anything, just looking for reliable 80s because that is what it takes to get that big smile going:). I don't care how fast you guys want to go. Some will be faster, some will be slower. But that teal 22 that's been kicking my as$ for 4 years, that's another story:D. I will take utmost pleasure when I next encounter him:). I got my shipping confirmation on the parts to finish this job and i should have them june 10th. Could be on the water the following Monday:yippie:.

Air 22
06-06-2009, 08:54 AM
He has got his thing wired.

Not yet...:nilly:....good luck Carl...I would like to see what numbers's ur able to run initially...ur trying a labbed 30 Bravo 1 from Brett correct?

Carl C
06-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Not yet...:nilly:....good luck Carl...I would like to see what numbers's ur able to run initially...ur trying a labbed 30 Bravo 1 from Brett correct?

Correct. I may not have a tach the first times out and I will be taking it easy until I'm comfortable with it. We'll see what happens. If all goes well I'll make some fast passes soon but won't really squeeze it hard until I get on some bigger water. I'm thinking 80 will come pretty easy. Dwight, again, don't take the hp 500 comments to heart. Just kidding and we aren't racing either. Just putting together a new generation of fast 22s. See ya around.

blackhawk
06-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Wow, I can't believe how many people got their panties in a wad cause Carl said 500s "are so yesterday". Well at least you have managed to once again have an interesting thread. :D

Way to keep your eye on the prize Carl! Boat looks and sounds great.

Air 22
06-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Its all good Carl:)...nothing taken to heart:wink:...Maybe one day I'll make it over to Michigan and look for that Teal 22 u speak of...:nilly:

I suspect 80 and then some will be easy for u:yes:...good luck and let us know how she run's:cool:...:beer:

The Hedgehog
06-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Fast is bad. I have sold my stuff and am moving up to a john boat. Was considering a 20hp but that may be too much. Do you think that a 10 would be better? If I did it right I could have a jack plate, throw a rooster tail and only go 15 mph. That would be bad ass. Does Mercury Racing make a prop for that type of a setup?:nilly::nilly:

Maybe I should use some more emoticons (or however you spell them).

SilverBack
06-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Fast is bad. I have sold my stuff and am moving up to a john boat. Was considering a 20hp but that may be too much. Do you think that a 10 would be better? If I did it right I could have a jack plate, throw a rooster tail and only go 15 mph. That would be bad ass. Does Mercury Racing make a prop for that type of a setup?:nilly::nilly:

It all depends on your personal goals!!:angel:

SilverBack
06-06-2009, 01:14 PM

Hey..I was told to use those emoticons by Poodle!!! You go get your john boat. You are always welcome to ride with me if you want to take a ride in a fast boat!!:pimp::eek::wink: BTW...is Tex trading his boat in too??

Just Kidding.....I feel a tongue lashing coming on!!

The Hedgehog
06-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I just ordered a new Hobie 16 :nilly: :nilly: :nilly:

Show off. All you cat guys think that you are so bad.:pimp:

The Hedgehog
06-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey..I was told to use those emoticons by Poodle!!! You go get your john boat. You are always welcome to ride with me if you want to take a ride in a fast boat!!:pimp::eek::wink: BTW...is Tex trading his boat in too??

Just Kidding.....I feel a tongue lashing coming on!!

Funny thing is that we did talk about him getting a little Whaler today! No Joke. No talk of losing the Donzi though.

Heading out to Center Hill in the x now while I still have it.

SilverBack
06-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Funny thing is that we did talk about him getting a little Whaler today! No Joke. No talk of losing the Donzi though.

Heading out to Center Hill in the x now while I still have it.

That sounds great but you don't have to rub it in that you have 2 Donzis.....man..some people!!:wink::wink: Go have fun Bill!!

VetteLT193
06-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Ya know... the people I like the most are the ones that roll to their own beat and don't really care about the clan.

ditto Tex.

And when I meet the weasel I already know I'll have a great time...

I'm all about doing your own thing, but stirring crap up for the sake of it is High School stuff.

Sweet Cheekz
06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I tried to find one of a huge schlong but there isn't one. :bonk::bonk::shocking:

Sounds like a personal problem :lookaroun:

BTW Just Joking

SilverBack
06-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Sounds like a personal problem :lookaroun:

BTW Just Joking

That right there is FUNNY....I don't care who you are!!:fam:

fogducker III
06-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Sounds good to me Jeremy! I think that everyone would appreciate it if we get back to boating! I have some "buddies" that I have been trying to prod into stepping their program up a notch or two but other people jump in and try to take care or their friends. I tried using the emoticons like Poodle asked me to but it did not work. Some people are too sensitive.

This is the performance section. I thought performance was all about building fast boats and making them run as fast as you can. I guess that I was just wrong. I guess this is more like bracket racing in drag racing compared to heads up racing and trying run flat out. That is ok too.

Your right Keith, this is a boating performance section, and the site is about the Donzi extended "family".......I have learnt this since signing up, it is a facet of what I enjoy about this site.

However, IMO there is a time and place to "thump" one's chest, brash is not always good, if you get what I mean.......

Big and fast is good, bigger and faster can be better, but biggest and fastest and subtle about it is respected.............:wink:

BUIZILLA
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
boy, i'm glad I have a slow canoe... :kingme:

HOWARD O
06-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Man Carl, that thing makes my old 454/330 sound like a little lawnmower Briggs and Stratton! BAD to the BONE! I love it, have listened to it 4 times today!

Good luck and BE CAREFUL!!! :yes:

COMMENT REMOVED: SHOULD KEEP MY MOUTH OUT OF THIS ONE.......

HOWARD O
06-06-2009, 07:19 PM

mine's slower than yours......... :wink:

BUIZILLA
06-06-2009, 07:39 PM
mine's slower than yours......... :wink: shhh, you'll make me thump my chest..

SilverBack
06-06-2009, 07:44 PM
shhh, you'll make me thump my chest..

Jim...is that tape for me???:eek:

A man that knows as much about boat as you do is entitled to thump his chest every now and then:wink:.....who else is ALWAYS right??:pimp:

Air 22
06-06-2009, 07:47 PM
OMG....I come back from having a few beer's and all hell has broke loose on this thread...wow.....:eek: :nilly:

Carl...keep us posted and good luck:wink:

I've sold the 22 and have started jumping horses with my daughter....the only water I c now is jumping over on a course...and I thought boats were expensive:doh:..geeeeezzzzzz..:bonk:

I'm sorry if I offended anyone...:bighug:

Carl C
06-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Remember that Twilight Zone episode: "Wish it away Anthony, wish it away to the corn field":blub:.....

BUIZILLA
06-07-2009, 07:37 AM
anger management classes really piss me off...

Brian41
06-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Oh boy, now Brian and Mick are reading this. Mick, is your boat going to be ready for Lake George?

Yes Carl we read some of this last night over cocktails....can I say that here without being called a drunk. This thread and many others are the reason I do not post much here including some of the progress on Mick's boat. I finished Mick's boat yesterday and the thread can be found on OSO in the Donzi forum. We are water testing today weather permitting and if things do not not go as they should that thread will get interesting to say the least (the Mcleod part).

Thanks Carl for the kind words about my work on your boat. I know your feelings about other people working on your boat from what I have read in the past and I understand where you are coming from. I treat every car or boat I do as if it were my own with the up most to detail and perfection this is why after 30 years of being in business I have not spent 2 cents on advertising and continue to grow even in a bad economy.

Please keep us posted with your progress with the wiring and if you have any issues I will purchase the program needed to finish it as I will be needing it anyway once the dyno is up and running ( next week I hope).

mike o
06-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Yes Carl we read some of this last night over cocktails....can I say that here without being called a drunk. This thread and many others are the reason I do not post much here including some of the progress on Mick's boat. I finished Mick's boat yesterday and the thread can be found on OSO in the Donzi forum. We are water testing today weather permitting and if things do not not go as they should that thread will get interesting to say the least (the Mcleod part).

Thanks Carl for the kind words about my work on your boat. I know your feelings about other people working on your boat from what I have read in the past and I understand where you are coming from. I treat every car or boat I do as if it were my own with the up most to detail and perfection this is why after 30 years of being in business I have not spent 2 cents on advertising and continue to grow even in a bad economy.

Please keep us posted with your progress with the wiring and if you have any issues I will purchase the program needed to finish it as I will be needing it anyway once the dyno is up and running ( next week I hope)........ Sir, this post is 1st class :wink:, in my book.:kingme:

Donziweasel
06-07-2009, 09:04 AM
....... Sir, this post is 1st class , in my book.

I agree:)

Off to look at Mick's boat on OSO......:wink:

Carl C
06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Scott, thanks. I keep you busy huh? hehe. Brian, you need to log off if you want to lurk;). You asked me if I wanted it done right or if I just needed the boat back fast. I told you it had to be right and it is. My parts should be here wednesday. Getting her wet this week is possible but it will probably be next week.....Now off to OSO....

Ranman
06-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Dude, your boat is http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1989_dancers_dancing_to_a_dj_playing_music.gif

BigGrizzly
06-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Carl go get that teal boat.

Carl C
06-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Carl go get that teal boat.I could be on the water this thursday if UPS gets here early wednesday:crossfing:. It's just a matter of time before I meet up with the teal boat:lookaroun:. He lives on Lake Oakland. I think the sound will give me away:yes:. Not to brag but this thing makes some sweet music with that big cam:band:.

Thanks Randy. See you on St. Clair maybe.

gero1
06-08-2009, 06:42 AM
begging you to put the steering on now! you wont like what happens above 80, been there and it aint fun. sounds good. i agree it looks a little short on water coming out the pipes

Carl C
06-08-2009, 07:57 AM
begging you to put the steering on now! you wont like what happens above 80, been there and it aint fun. sounds good. i agree it looks a little short on water coming out the pipes

I'm running over 100' of garden hose. I think it will be OK but will keep a close eye on engine and exhaust temps the first times out.

BigGrizzly
06-08-2009, 08:52 AM
There is no need for me to post about Brian's work quality. Mick has used him and I have seen the work. That being said he ranks up there with Pearson and Sweet cheeks guy. The nice thing about not having to advertise, is it keeps most of the drift wood away.

Brian41
06-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks Griz

Carl the water out the pipes is not an issue because most of the water is going down the Y-pipe even with the system open.

We water tested Mick's boat yesterday and I got to drive the boat most of the day. You guy's are nuts these boats are down right scary to drive at nearly 80 mph but that did not slow me down I even took down a 38 Formula that thought he had something for us. We got a best of 78 mph but there is a running issue I am sure is just a spark plug problem. Boat is at top shop getting new cover and carpet made so he will be at LG.

Carl C
06-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks Griz

Carl the water out the pipes is not an issue because most of the water is going down the Y-pipe even with the system open.

We water tested Mick's boat yesterday and I got to drive the boat most of the day. You guy's are nuts these boats are down right scary to drive at nearly 80 mph but that did not slow me down I even took down a 38 Formula that thought he had something for us. We got a best of 78 mph but there is a running issue I am sure is just a spark plug problem. Boat is at top shop getting new cover and carpet made so he will be at LG.

Between the y-pipe and small garden hose I'm sure there is no problem. Maybe you are just used to your bigger boat. Mine feels very stable, predictable and safe at 75. It doesn't seem that 5 more mph would drastically change that. I have no porpoising or chine walk problem. Of course it's been pointed out here before that these boats can vary even when set-up similarly.

zelatore
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Between the y-pipe and small garden hose I'm sure there is no problem. Maybe you are just used to your bigger boat. Mine feels very stable, predictable and safe at 75. It doesn't seem that 5 more mph would drastically change that. I have no porpoising or chine walk problem. Of course it's been pointed out here before that these boats can vary even when set-up similarly.

With my new-found speed, I found there IS a big difference between low 70s and upper 70s. Around 78 mph it really wants to dance if you've got it trimmed up. I'm sure I got a few questioning looks when I was hammering on it Sunday with it moving all over the place. And yes, I've got a full zieger. Of course, I think you're running a labbed Bravo, which has been suggested as a way to calm mine down by some running them. Luckily, I have enough power on hand to trim it down and drive through it, then trim back up to get those last couple MPH.

I may try a Bravo one day if I get the chance, but I'm not running out to buy one right away. I'll play with the TXP's from Griz for a while, then try some others after I get that dialed in.

DC18
06-08-2009, 11:37 PM

What he said :yes:

Phil S
06-09-2009, 01:09 AM
I like Grizz's advice to me....take it slow, do it once, and do it right. Seems sage to me, and it is.....

I'm sure ya'll know this, but going 70 on the water is something, 80..make sure you know what your doing....squeeze it to 90....sure you have an engine that can do it, but can you ?...alrighty now...punch it to 95..you probably need to be offshore....100....110....120...130......

Guys & gals, please be careful....

Carl C
06-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Safety first, yes. I will only push it as I feel safe. Most of my running won't be any faster than it was. I hope to get some testing in soon, then it's off to Alaska to visit my family for 10 days. By then I will have already lost almost half of our short boating season:(. Steering will be done early next spring. Finances and timing will be better then. I'll try to make a main event. Why don't we have one in Michigan? Hey, how about rotating AOTH? Oh, nevermind. I tied up some loose ends on the boat yesterday and fired it up again. There is quite a bit of water coming out through the y-pipes like you guys said. I warmed the motor up good and everything seemed OK.:)

Zeletore, I know what you mean about that little bow dance that occurs at speed with positive trim. I'm hoping to get to the thrill zone without having to use too much positive trim. Just enough to keep the boat level with no tab.:crossfing:

Parts should be here tomorrow. Hopefully early.

BigGrizzly
06-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Brian we will try to fix Mick's speed handling thing at Lake George, I'll take care of him. BTW People who know me know I don't throw comments about quality lightly, I worked for Honda for 24 years in engineering and QC.

blackboat
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I have been following your post. Nice job on your engine and sounds great.Should run mid 80s, if you run over 80 dont play without external steering, just my 2 cents.

p729lws
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
With my new-found speed, I found there IS a big difference between low 70s and upper 70s.

What he said...... my 22 w/ shorty was a handfull looking for that last MPH in the upper 70's. In the lower 70's, not so much. You'll be suprised. Have fun :party:

Dan

Carl C
06-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks, I will look into steering asap. I will be doing some testing without it hoprfully next week. The Merc Racing wiring harnesses arrived late yesterday. What a mess. I have to replace a lot of stuff. Hopefully I will have it done by the end of today. First testing should be monday. I'll be without a tach since I need to get the computer programmed. If Brian gets the tool I'll have him do it. Otherwise I think a shop over by Lake St. Clair, like Jefferson Marine, should be able to do it. Anyway my goal now is to have the boat running on the hose by tonight with everything but the tach working. Then water testing on Lake Oakland monday.:crossfing:

Ranman
06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Since your boat has gone in the opposite direction of getting quieter, I see another handwritten note (or worse) showing up on your truck in the near future. :biggrin.::biggrin.:

Be sure to keep an eye out for your friendly neighborhood Oakland County Sheriff as well. A very loud and rowdy 70-80MPH on a 55MPH lake with pissed homeowners sounds like a recipe for a reckless operation citation.

SilverBack
06-11-2009, 03:08 PM
That is true Carl.....maybe you should get some bolt on Gibson turn downs!!:wink:

blackhawk
06-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Anyway my goal now is to have the boat running on the hose by tonight with everything but the tach working. Then water testing on Lake Oakland monday.:crossfing:

Tach isn't necessary, just use the rev limiter! :yes:

Carl C
06-11-2009, 05:06 PM
I put in the new 14 pin harness and the whole helm is dead:confused:. I hooked the original harness back up with the adapter and I have power. Is there a way to hook up the AGI box without changing the whole harness? I can work out the remaining small bugs if I get the gauges working. Has anyone here done this?

blackhawk
06-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Redbud35 and Wild Card 09 on OSO both swapped to a 525. Maybe they can help.

Carl C
06-11-2009, 05:34 PM

OK, I've got a thread there about this. Maybe they will see it. I don't think I can send PMs there. Thanks.

Carl C
06-12-2009, 06:57 AM

I fired off some PMs. No responses on my thread yet. Wild Card 09 lives in Germany and hasn't posted on OSO in quite a while.