PDA

View Full Version : Procharger's Answer....

Last Real Texan
06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Well the kind folks up at ATI were good enough to call me today and say they have cracked open my unit and deemed it to need new seals....The front seal at the impellar was letting go and begining to leak. All other aspects of the unit were deemed a.o.k. I asked the man about a 12 rib conversion kit for the unit and he politely( and I am sure with a straight face ) told me it would be 795.00:shocking: and it included 2 idlers and a head pulley and a crank pulley...ouch! I told him to tell me what the wear patterns were on the bearings and he said they looked like new....so no 12 rib conversion for me today, thank you! All in all it was a good exercise to send it back..cost me 495.00 for new seals and the inspection, shipping and 3 bottles of oil. bad news is it will not be back before next week, so no boating for me this weekend.:toiletpap

Tex

Thanking the Hedgehog for destroying his blower and bringing this problem to my attention, perhaps I should donate a couple bucks to the "Rebuild the Hog Hairdryer Fund":bonk:

The Hedgehog
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
The Hedgehog Hairdryer fund! I like it. We will see if they at least like me being an original owner with low time. Hey, it worked with my hot tub this week and Hydrohoist last winter!

SilverBack
06-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Have they gotten to the Hedge Hog's hair dryer yet? Didn't his go in first? Did that 12 rib conversion include the belt? I would have thought that it would have been higher than that. The pulleys are a few hundred a piece. Eddie and I had to learn the hard way trying to get the boost right! I owe HH for his trials on the boost to pulley size also. He and Eddie saved me some time and money on that one!

The Hedgehog
06-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Have they gotten to the Hedge Hog's hair dryer yet? Didn't his go in first? Did that 12 rib conversion include the belt? I would have thought that it would have been higher than that. The pulleys are a few hundred a piece. Eddie and I had to learn the hard way trying to get the boost right! I owe HH for his trials on the boost to pulley size also. He and Eddie saved me some time and money on that one!

Actually Tex's went in first. I had a slight morning period. I had Eddie send mine in since he is a dealer. I dunno if it matters but who knows. I know that the last time I dealt with them was when I bought the blower. Jamie got much better results with issues than I did.

The pulleys are just over $100 a piece. I have a stack of them if anyone wants one!

So Eddie called Procharger, gave them the number and they said "Oh that one!" They started tearing it down today and should have a figure in a day or two.

SilverBack
06-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I guess that you got the dealer pricing on your pulleys. I think that I am set on pulleys right now.