PDA

View Full Version : 22 testrossa

DonziChris
06-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Michigan boat brokers, Has what appears to be a very nice 22 testarossa for $21900. If any one is interested, Not sure about the white engine compartment though.

roadtrip se
06-03-2009, 10:23 AM
if this is Metraman's? For sale here by owner.

I do believe there is another all red Classic around southern Mich, but I think it is just a few years old.

Either way, I can be available to check'em out, if somebosy would like.

DonziChris
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Not the same boat

VetteLT193
06-03-2009, 10:30 AM
from the pictures it looks really original

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2073399&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=miboats&&ywo=miboats&

VetteLT193
06-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Gosh, I went back and looked again and it looks nearly showroom new condition.

It also has the same stringer setup as my Minx with the side braces. I wonder if OMC did that when they took over? My brother's 87 does not have the side braces. I looked around at AOTH and didn't see any with them either. but I have seen pictures of other boats, like this one, that have them.

Just Say N20
06-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Pictures.

gcarter
06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
It's unusually shiny for a 22 year old (all built in the summer and fall of '87) red boat, so maybe painted? Also it's completely stock.
The extra stringer gussets may have been added, or maybe not.
If someone could get the hull #, I'll add it to my list.
It looks like a nice boat. I'd check it for cockpit cracks though, if they haven't formed already, they will.

DonziChris
06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
George, I thought the boat would have been painted also, But when I spoke with the broker, He claims the boat is original gel coat, with 405 hrs. I thought the engine compartment would have been grey.

Chris

VetteLT193
06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
George, I thought the boat would have been painted also, But when I spoke with the broker, He claims the boat is original gel coat, with 405 hrs. I thought the engine compartment would have been grey.

Chris

The steering wheel, carpet, interior, and everything else down to the trailer look original. The only way you keep it that nice is to keep it inside, and it's parked outside of a garage so I assume that it was kept inside its whole life.

Not many of these boats have been kept inside because they are just too big. I talked to my wife about down sizing to an 18 so I could keep it inside, and I'm not sure I could even fit an 18 in my garage by the time you add in the outdrive and any kind of trailer sticking out past the bow.

gcarter
06-03-2009, 03:00 PM
There's a LOT of white Bilgekote painted engine compartments around.
But I am impressed w/the overall condition. (If only I didn't know what I know about those years........)
I hope he gets what he's asking....seems a little high to me but ya gotta start somewhere.

b.guggenmos
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Dang that brings back a lot of great memories as the former owner of a 22 Testarossa. Someone definately needs to get the hull number to see where it fits in with the ones that are known.
Nice looking boat for 21 years old.
Have any of you looked at the Donzi boats web site history section? When you go to the "Genth Years" section there is a great shot of a 22 Testarossa in the reception area. Kim Genth told me that was really cool in there and got alot of attention. Brian