PDA

View Full Version : Info on the Lake George Donzi Classic Club

mattyboy
06-03-2009, 07:04 AM
I thought I would post this up as we have had some inquiries about the club and it's events from some people new to this forum.

The Lake George Donzi Classic Club (LGDCC) is dedicated to the presevation,restoration and continuing the mystique of the Donzi Classic and the enjoyment of the boats and the people who love the Donzi classics.

we run 2 events a year , the spring dustoff and the fall picnic. each event has it's own persona.

the dustoff in june is the longest running donzi event in the world. it is held for dedicated to the donzi classic "only" and features a poker run , judged boat show and awards dinner. the dustoff is held at the algonquin and is catered by the rest. and other outside facilities. it is more of a structured event that let's you meet the people and see the boats and the lake. that's why we harp on getting the registration in we need to let the rest. know how many to setup and cook for. this year will be a first as we will be a bona fide sanctioned regatta.

the fall picnic is more layed back and there is no real structure except to enjoy yourself. we invite every Donzi and other Aronow boats as well as other boats to join us. we provide the spot you provide your food and we all have some fun. so on this event we really only need a rough number as the spot is big enough for all.

you can check out www.lgdonziclassic.com for more info or drop us a line at

whtdobe@aol.com
mnmveth@optonline.net

Air 22
06-04-2009, 08:54 AM
"the fall picnic is more layed back and there is no real structure except to enjoy yourself."

Yep ...Haver and I enjoyed it last fall.....I wonder if there using room 12 this season??:nilly: :toiletpap :kingme: