PDA

View Full Version : Classic 18 trailers, let's see them

The Hedgehog
06-02-2009, 08:10 AM
The 18 needs a new trailer. I could redo the one I have but by the time I do that, I could probably buy a new one. I would like to see what others have. It does not have to be spectacular. I want decent looks and functionality.

What should I expect to pay?

Last Real Texan
06-02-2009, 08:47 AM
The 18 needs a new trailer. I could redo the one I have but by the time I do that, I could probably buy a new one. I would like to see what others have. It does not have to be spectacular. I want decent looks and functionality.

What should I expect to pay?
Get with Harry over at the trailer place...I am sure he knows someone...If not I got a great deal on my aluminum trailer just had to go and get it and can hook you up. If I were you I would get a trailer that would hold a 20 footer and set it up for the 18. It will tow much better and make sure it is a dual axle. Go aluminum for sure! nice mag wheels....polish it, put Donzi Stickers all over it etc,etc,etc...as for the wheels I have a local guy here and can get you a seriously nice set of 22's for it with O-rings for rubber, pimped out is the only way to go...cuase you know it's got to look fast on the trailer too. Because you are the KING OF BLING
:pimp::pimp::pimp:
Tex

The Hedgehog
06-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Get with Harry over at the trailer place...I am sure he knows someone...If not I got a great deal on my aluminum trailer just had to go and get it and can hook you up. If I were you I would get a trailer that would hold a 20 footer and set it up for the 18. It will tow much better and make sure it is a dual axle. Go aluminum for sure! nice mag wheels....polish it, put Donzi Stickers all over it etc,etc,etc...as for the wheels I have a local guy here and can get you a seriously nice set of 22's for it with O-rings for rubber, pimped out is the only way to go...cuase you know it's got to look fast on the trailer too. Because you are the KING OF BLING
:pimp::pimp::pimp:
Tex

Nice pic. Really absurd!

Remember, I have ammo!

BigGrizzly
06-02-2009, 09:05 AM
The hedg at his best:yes::yes:

BERTRAM BOY
06-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Here's our 16 on an 18 trailer with some chick leaning against it. I'm not sure the trailer tongue is long enough though...

The Hedgehog
06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Bertram: Nice looking setup. I have the too much tongue problem on my 26 and it takes up as much total storage place as my friends 32 Pachanga.

Grizz: We both maintain a big database of rediculous pics of each other. Keeps everything in check.

I would like to avoid a tandem axle as I can currently easily move the trailer around my storage building without a vehicle. My long tows consist of an hour and 15 min. That does not mean that I am not open to the idea though.

gcarter
06-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Does no one but Catch22 polish their trailers?????

I sure don't.

VetteLT193
06-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Does no one but Catch22 polish their trailers?????

I sure don't.

I started doing mine until I found another 50 things to do besides that.

As far as trailers go, I think it was Matty that posted the nicest trailers I have seen. Looks like it costs a bunch more to make, but you get what you pay for I guess.

BERTRAM BOY
06-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Hedge,
The tandem tows like a dream. 75-80 mph with no issues. It's a bit long, but it also supports the whole boat. A lot of single axle trailers only have bunks that support the boat. Notice how far my I-beams come back.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2009, 10:27 AM
that's not a trailer, that's a lowboy,... :nilly:

anonymous

The Hedgehog
06-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Hedge,
The tandem tows like a dream. 75-80 mph with no issues. It's a bit long, but it also supports the whole boat. A lot of single axle trailers only have bunks that support the boat. Notice how far my I-beams come back.

Looks pretty substantial.

RedDog
06-02-2009, 11:21 AM
I had a Rolls under the 18 I use to have - first class trailer. Only problem I had with it was that it would float with the boat off. Made getting back onto the trailer a challenge in windy / current conditions.

bobwpe
06-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I am very happy with the Continental trailer MadPoodle put together for my 18. It is the right amount of trailer for the boat. This trailer has a single axle with two sets of longitudinal bunks. In addition to supporting the boat fully, the bunks also make it very easy to load. I'll try to post a picture later.

The Hedgehog
06-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I am very happy with the Continental trailer MadPoodle put together for my 18. It is the right amount of trailer for the boat. This trailer has a single axle with two sets of longitudinal bunks. In addition to supporting the boat fully, the bunks also make it very easy to load. I'll try to post a picture later.

Please do.

bobwpe
06-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Here are a few. This is the MP signature series edition which is dynamically tuned to match the natural frequency of the boat:nilly:. My trip to the ramp is pretty short but I would not hesitate to tow it cross country :yes:.

osur866
06-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Best trailer that I've seen for an 18 was Pearson's at AOTH tamden axel, narrow , I have a Loadmaster single with brakes and although its nice its way too wide and the tongue, if and or when I replace I will hav!e the break away peroid! Steve

The Hedgehog
06-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Here are a few. This is the MP signature series edition which is dynamically tuned to match the natural frequency of the boat:nilly:. My trip to the ramp is pretty short but I would not hesitate to tow it cross country :yes:.

I like this one. I just need a good functional trailer. I like the idea of having one axle so I can move it around in my storage area. I can't tell you how many times I simply grab the front of the trailer and swing it around. Having to back in, hook up, move it out and then back in is a bummer.

I tow with a 3/4 Ford Diesel and it does not even know it is back there. I don't really need 4 disk brakes or anything like that. Heck, my truck will stop just fine with my 26ZX without trailer brakes (not that I don't have them).