PDA

View Full Version : '68 sweet 16 for sale

malbe
06-02-2009, 07:40 AM
I have a 1968 Sweet 16 that is in good running condition, upholstery is like new, newer customized trailer, original Eaton drive, has stress cracks and a gas tank that needs to be replaced. Love the boat, my family has owned it since '69, but time for someone else to enjoy it. Would like to get $8995.00. Needs some TLC that I don't have enough resources for.

BERTRAM BOY
06-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Do you know what the hull number is?

malbe
06-05-2009, 07:18 PM
If my current registration is correct, 16425 is the number. The boat is currently covered in a lift, and I would have to hop in the water to check it out. I would be happy to do this for you on Sunday when I have some time.

Let me know what you need. Thanks much!

jl1962
06-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Nice looking boat.

I own 16420 which (generally :wink:) knowledgeable sources believe was manufactured in the spring of '67. Yours was probably built around then too.

Oh, and its a Ski Sporter! :cool!:

Good luck w/ the sale.

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 07:54 PM
yes a 67 judging by the number and the scoop layout not to mention the wheel if it is all original yes it Needs a tank no question it most likely is an eaton badged volvo 200 drive

malbe
06-06-2009, 07:54 AM
wow! thanks for all the info. So what you're telling me is that it is not a Sweet 16? and is a '67?

From what I know, my Grandpa bought it from the original owner in '69. I have some of the original owners manuals, and registrations from then as well.

I put a fair amount of time and money into it over the last 8 years or so, but let me know if you guys have a better idea of value, as you obviously know alot more about the boats. My goal is to really sell it to someone that will appreciate it, as it was my Grandpas "pride and joy". I would love to keep it, but really don't have the time or space to do the tank replacement.

Thanks again!

jl1962
06-06-2009, 08:29 AM
There have been several threads on valuing old 16's - without having seen your boat - I would say 5 - 10k is a (wide) ballpark for a clean boat, w/ no known mechanical or cosmetic issues other than the tank. The tank is a big deal and the replacement is a big job. Again - there are good threads detailing deck - off tank replacement (including one featuring my boat, expertly done by a previous owner). Use the search function.

The new interior is a plus as is the newer trailer. Post some more pix. Obviously, these boats are worth more to people who know and appreciate what they are. In my case - my family had a '67 Ski Sporter for several years when I was a boy. After decades in all kinds of boats (mostly sailboats), I finally got my own '67 - and it is my favorite boat. Sell it if you have to, but hang on to it if you can - these boats are time capsules and a tangible link to loved ones and bye gone times.

Yup - it's a Ski Sporter and as a friend says - it is also a classic Donzi, NOT a Donzi Classic!

:wink:

JL