PDA

View Full Version : ski locker in after deck is on?

Donzi Vol
06-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Well we're almost to the point of putting the deck back on the triple hatch, and our only issue is what to do next. Sparing a lot of details, is it possible to put the deck on and install the ski locker later? The two are already seperated (happened somewhere between 1966 and 2008...not sure when). The seperation is where the tub meets the ski locker in front of your feet while sitting in the driver/passenger seats.

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, anybody coming up to East TN from East FL anytime soon who might want to haul a 289 H/M with them? :lookaroun:

penbroke
06-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I doubt it. Even if you could stuff it up under the deck you wouldn't be able to attach it to the tub properly...

Frank

BERTRAM BOY
06-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Most ski lockers are glass tabbed to the deck before it goes on. At least that how mine was. Check out the attached pic. It's a 16, but it's the same idea.

Bobby D
06-01-2009, 02:00 PM
My ski locker area was modified during its restoration back in 2001 and the area forward of the footrest is now a storage area. The ski locker piece was trimmed off and the under deck area was converted to storage space. If you look hard at the pictures you will understand what I am talking about. I am working on a new carpet now with Bob Ellman (Built-Rite) and our thought here is to fashion something that will transition nicely into this area. Bob’s carpet set for the boat includes a piece roughly 9 x 70 that fit the ski storage area. We figured since I have floor space in the forward area we could make a piece for that area starting with the remaining original piece of the ski locker and than fanning out to cover all the storage area. See the attached sketch and dimensions I provided Bob to get started.

RedDog
06-01-2009, 02:13 PM
My ski locker area was modified ....

Nice modification!

Donzi Vol
06-01-2009, 03:53 PM
My ski locker area was modified during its restoration back in 2001 and the area forward of the footrest is now a storage area. The ski locker piece was trimmed off and the under deck area was converted to storage space. If you look hard at the pictures you will understand what I am talking about. I am working on a new carpet now with Bob Ellman (Built-Rite) and our thought here is to fashion something that will transition nicely into this area. Bob’s carpet set for the boat includes a piece roughly 9 x 70 that fit the ski storage area. We figured since I have floor space in the forward area we could make a piece for that area starting with the remaining original piece of the ski locker and than fanning out to cover all the storage area. See the attached sketch and dimensions I provided Bob to get started.

Wow! That's really cool. Interesting idea

yeller
06-01-2009, 09:59 PM
is it possible to put the deck on and install the ski locker later?If it is anything like the one on my 04 22C, then no. The locker is wider than the cockpit opening.

Nice mod BobbyD. CarlC did a similar mod and I'm in the process of do it as well.

Donzi Vol
06-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. I looked closer last night and you're right. It's not going to work. I really like the idea of a large storage space under the bow rather than the ski locker. Pretty cool stuff! :yes:

Donzi Vol
06-27-2009, 01:13 AM

Is this for an 18 Classic or a different boat?

BigGrizzly
06-28-2009, 07:15 AM
BobbyD that is a nice job and deserve a pat on the back:yes::yes::yes:

Bobby D
06-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Is this for an 18 Classic or a different boat?
Yes it is, the boat is a 1972 18 2+3.