PDA

View Full Version : Not Donzi Restos, but still neat...! (Checkmates)

LKSD
05-31-2009, 08:30 PM
2 custom Checkmate resto's

Here are 2 checkmates I just did some upgrades to.

The yellow one we pretty much completely redid last year, inside & out including repower with some extras. .. After my client ran it he wanted some more power over the winter. We did a custom whipple install on it and did some custom hatch work to raise the hatch & keep the factory look including remetal flaking the hatch.. It now easily reaches 80+ gps and in a hurry! lol..
http://lakesiderestorations.com/images/clients-rides/stside08.jpg

The red one we just redid the floor, frames & carpeting in. We also did a complete repower to this boat while it was getting a new skeleton. We dropped in a 357 Mag with a bravo one to replace the old SBC alpha that was in it originally.. In the process we gained almost 15 mph! The interior & exterior is next to be redone along with more custom upgrades..
http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/images/clients-rides/jt0509.jpg

Here is a link to my website with the page that you can find more pix and video clips.. The yellow checkmate is currently the 5th down from the top and the red one is currently the 4th down from the top..
Clients Boats (http://lakesiderestorations.com/index.jsp?id=117&parentId=0)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations :)

The Hedgehog
05-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Cool,

The yellow that you whippled, what did it have as base power?

LKSD
05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks Bill.. :) Originally it was a 351 ford, then we repowerd it last year with a 383 Mag Mpi withcustom SM exhaust and a B1xr shorty and some Really big planes on the back.. This winter we did some hatch work to allow the forward & upward clearance of the SC that we installed this winter as well.. :) It originally was about a low 200 hp boat then we pumped it to about 365-375hp & now to about 525hp.. My client is actually thiking of adding a 22c to his dock & having us go nuts with one for him in the future.. We shall see.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

zelatore
05-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow - that yellow boat is one serious sleeper. I'd never suspect it was an 80 mph boat!

LKSD
06-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Wow - that yellow boat is one serious sleeper. I'd never suspect it was an 80 mph boat!
Thanks.. Yes it is actually 80+ gps, but It is difficult to keep it in the water after that so we dont know the actual top end yet, but it has a few mph left if you can keep control of it that is..lol :) J

The Hedgehog
06-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks Bill.. :) Originally it was a 351 ford, then we repowerd it last year with a 383 Mag Mpi withcustom SM exhaust and a B1xr shorty and some Really big planes on the back.. This winter we did some hatch work to allow the forward & upward clearance of the SC that we installed this winter as well.. :) It originally was about a low 200 hp boat then we pumped it to about 365-375hp & now to about 525hp.. My client is actually thiking of adding a 22c to his dock & having us go nuts with one for him in the future.. We shall see.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

How did you like the whipple package on the 383 mag?

LKSD
06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Bill, it was a little bit of work & some mods to do, but the result is so far off the hook!.. It runs like the hammers of the gods.. Instant snot if you will.. Are you thinking of one for your x18? If so it would be nutz! that would be like having a 525 in it without the weight.. If my memory is correct the specs on it from Dustin were something like the torque of the merc 502 mag mpi & the Hp of the 525! I am pretty impressed with it.. If you are thinking of one for your ride feel free to give me a jingle & we can rap about it a bit. :) Jamie / Lakeside

The Hedgehog
06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Bill, it was a little bit of work & some mods to do, but the result is so far off the hook!.. It runs like the hammers of the gods.. Instant snot if you will.. Are you thinking of one for your x18? If so it would be nutz! that would be like having a 525 in it without the weight.. If my memory is correct the specs on it from Dustin were something like the torque of the merc 502 mag mpi & the Hp of the 525! I am pretty impressed with it.. If you are thinking of one for your ride feel free to give me a jingle & we can rap about it a bit. :) Jamie / Lakeside

I am scared to call you. Afraid that I might accidentally buy one. That package sounds like a blast. I want to do it in my 18 but have my hands full right now. One day....