PDA

View Full Version : Decals and stern running light, '97 22 Classic

boatnut
05-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Wow, that is a strange combo. Anyway, I have two questions and know this "team" has the answers.
1) Where can I get the "DONZI" decals that are on my 1997 22 Classic (I haven't even checked at Donzi yet) -- they are 5" high, silver (like chrome) with a black outline, each letter is an individual decal?
2) Any suggestions on a replacement stern (360 deg white) running light. The stock one is a Perko with a removable pole light. It never worked right as it doesn't make good contact and you have to jam something in with the pole to try and keep the light on -- even that doesn't work well. I was trying to form the male contacts in the socket to make them tighter when the pole is pushed in and I broke one contact --so now I have a good excuse to change the troublesome light. Any suggestions?

LKSD
06-01-2009, 06:59 AM
I believe I can get you what you are seeking.. ;)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.. 570-639-2628

widowmaker
06-01-2009, 07:18 AM
I had a similar problem with the stern light on my 1997 Classic 22. The original units on my boat were Perko items. If I remember correctly, I ordered original replacements directly from Perko. Their online catalog is quite large and loads slowly, but if you check out pages 35-40, I think that you will find what you need. :yes:

boatnut
06-01-2009, 08:13 AM
I had a similar problem with the stern light on my 1997 Classic 22. The original units on my boat were Perko items. If I remember correctly, I ordered original replacements directly from Perko. Their online catalog is quite large and loads slowly, but if you check out pages 35-40, I think that you will find what you need. :yes:

thanks, I'll check that catalog. I don't want to get the same part as I consider it to be a poor design. I have a Boston Whaler that has a better removable light pole but still not very good (not sure if there is a good one). I was hoping to find that someone has designed one that works reliably. The telescoping lights on my older Donzis are more reliable but then you always have a light there for the 99% of the time you don't need it. I will look at the Perko catalog you referenced. Ed

The Hedgehog
06-01-2009, 08:31 AM
A LONG time ago I tried checking at Donzi for things. Call Jamie for the logo. He will get it to you before Donzi even calls you back and it will be right.

boatnut
06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I thought I should provide an update to the rear running light question especially since I sort of slammed the Perko design. After checking the catalog as recommended here, I determined that the pole light and retaining collars were not the proper Perko parts to match the Perko socket on the deck -- probably the previous owner of the boat lost and then replaced the pole light incorrectly. Anyway, I think I'll replace the parts with Perko again and hope for a good solution. It was a mystery to me why more were not complaining about the light but I thought maybe most Donzi owners stick with daylight (safer) boating. Thanks for the guidance. Ed