PDA

View Full Version : Well it's Official - I Bought An XR Drive!

Dr. Dan
05-31-2009, 12:28 PM
:spongebob: So we got a new drive - it just came with a little extra hardware attached.

Wish me luck its my first Mercury Outdrive - now I am going to have to be a Bravo Boy - oh the horror!:bonk:

mphatc
05-31-2009, 01:08 PM
very sweet Dr. Dan . . now to be known as "Bravo Boy"

I like the subtle color scheme . . and the trailer . . NICE!

have you splashed it yet?

Mario

1968 Magnum 27
1969 Donzi Corsican

undertaker
05-31-2009, 01:33 PM
NICE!!!!!:yes::yes:...whole rig looks great.....finally a merc drive & MYCO trailer.....welcome to the big time..:smash::wink::boggled::bonk::)

BUIZILLA
05-31-2009, 01:34 PM
I climbed all over it a few weeks back at the Pantera factory... this IS a real nice ride right here...

:yes:

Trueser
05-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Looks great Danny,

tamburello
05-31-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow, very cool! Have fun with your new toy!

- Jeff

BUIZILLA
05-31-2009, 04:23 PM
you've just taken over the title of the BIG DEAL

boxy
05-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Looks great Doc and Liz. Can't wait to see it tucked away at the Capri ......

CHACHI
05-31-2009, 08:15 PM
I wish you both the best of luck with it, it's a great looking boat.

Ken

The Hedgehog
05-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Nice looking Pantera Dan. I look forward to more pics. That is one of my favorite big singles.

Welcome to the heavy engine drive crushing club. May your XR treat you well.

Dr. Dan
05-31-2009, 08:43 PM
:doh:Well it got it's first bath today so I could really look it over and it's quite a bit more surface area than the 22 Classic. It took alot more time and effort to do a real good job. Going to need a taller step ladder.

Mario - yes I have splashed it twice, once in the Hudson for its initial Sea Trial and once yesterday on the Trip home at Lake Wallenpaupac in East of Scranton. Morgan (Sutphen Guy) was the owner - he was kind enough to follow Lizzy and I back to the lake on the way home and give us some real one on one attention as to how to run it and load it up.

Lizzy now can power load it - she is going to be running this with her Pantera Felines - some of which have already booked rides. Liz loves it - in alot of ways its easier to run than the 22 Classic is. She likes the dual controls and this boat has silent choice - which is really nice.

We still have a couple of items to finish up off the Marine and Mechanical Survey - but the parts are on back order - so I decided to bring it home and get a bit more familiar with everything - before Lake George.

The Pantera has a single 540 - built by Boyd Motorworks in Northern New York - he does Race Motors for Nascar and Circle Track Motors - it dynos out around 676 HP and a tad less than that in Torque. It runs very well - alot like a very big version of my 22. We are going to run it as is for now - and eventually play with some Props. The Motor is built and set up for a Blower already - it even has a Pyro Meter in the gauge cluster. It holds 140 gallons of fuel. No other real amenities - a Sport Cabin and a small closet.

The Factory did some glass work for us from the Survey and installed a Fireboy System with a Custom Thru Bolted Bracket. Jo Nunez (of Pantera Boats) has treated me good on this whole 2nd buyer scenerio - as has Morgan Haak (pronunced Hawk) the orignal owner. :thumbsup:

Only cause the Donzi is down this season we will bring this through our Poker Run and Event circuit, but we are buying this to run real Poker Runs with the big boys and to run the Bay where we live. The Trailer is an aluminum Dual Torsion Axle MYCO with 4 Disc Brakes with Electric Hydraulic Assist. It tows awesome. The tires are gigantic - and take 80PSI ? The whole MYCO set up is a bit intimidating - the damn chains are like Military Grade as is the Coupler Set Up - it's a little ridiculous by comparison to the little Performance Trailer.

The Drive is and XR with an integrated Drive Shower Cap and Marine Machine Steering - the Drive Bracket is the same set up as my Custom King Cobra Steering Bracket that Poodle got me. Kinda cool to see it all set up. Marine Machine Rams are considerably less beefy than the Bravo Boyz Zeiger Systems, but the plumbing and routing of the hardware looks clean and tight.

The transom has Trick Marine Tabs with full polished Rams to set them off. The swim platform is from Eddie Marine. The hull is a Platinum Gelcoat and has some scalloped Vinyl Graphics on it for now, they are easy to remove downstream if we want to change the design scheme of the boat. They will stay for now. Other than that - its a really big change from the Classic. In a way it might be a mixed blessing that we roached the Motor in the 22 - it will give us this season to get used to the Pantera.

Thanks For the Kind Words

Danny Pantera :salute:

zelatore
05-31-2009, 09:08 PM
sweeeeeet.

After spending all day in my bilge, I'm ready to trade just for the room under the hatch!

Conquistador_del_mar
05-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Danny Pantera :salute:

Very nice setup, Dan. The engine, tabs, external steering, and upholstery work is all first class! Bill

DON N.
06-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Looking good danny, had fun the other night.

gcarter
06-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Congratulations Dan! :):yes:

LKSD
06-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Congrats to you & Liz on the new ride.. Very sharp boat.. Best of luck with it, Im sure you guys will enjoy it.. :) Jamie & Kristin

olredalert
06-01-2009, 08:21 AM
------Danny,,,Boat is spectacular and the rigging is even better. I applaud Panteras attention to detail..........Bill S

LKSD
06-01-2009, 03:48 PM
------Danny,,,Boat is spectacular and the rigging is even better. I applaud Panteras attention to detail..........Bill S

I agree, they have sparked some of my attention for a while now as a potential future ride addition.. Nice boats.. :) J

Air 22
06-01-2009, 05:30 PM
To complete ur indoc to the Bravo Boyz Frat...u must "Rush" a labbed Bravo Prop...:tongue:
All kidding aside...that is one sweet ride:thumbsup:....I'm on the list just b4 Poodle for a spin:hyper:......he will be out in my 22 so i'm told... :)
Looking fwd to LG...haul safe c u soon...

Air of Bravo Boyz Lab Prop Nation...:pimp:

blackhawk
06-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Dan, Congrats on the ride! I knew you were looking but I had no idea it was Morgan's boat. That is one of the best looking 28s out there. Owning a Pantera is like being part of a family. Jo always takes the time to take my calls even though I am the 3rd owner. Great boats and great people!

fasttrucker
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Nice!:wink:

HOWARD O
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Wow, BEAUTIFUL BOAT!!!! :yes:

Lenny
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Beautiful looking boat Dan :yes:

Awesome actually. All the best :)

Lenny and Deneen :beer:

widowmaker
06-05-2009, 04:17 AM
Congratulations Dan and Liz. I particularly like the extra room in the engine compartment and the attention to detail in the rigging. Enjoy!

Dr. Dan
06-06-2009, 11:54 AM
:angel: Thanks for the kind words - really have no seat time - other than a couple of SeaTrial runs and some launch & retrieve exercises. It's rained non-stop since we got it home.

It's a nice boat, real clean. Morgan is a great guy and has treated us right every step of the way on the entire process.:thumbsup:

The boat is dramatically larger than the 22 - especially when you are washing or detailing it.:doh:

Looking forward to sitting in the wings of the sidelines at the DustOff - and running with some friends in Lake George.

Danny & Liz :beer:

blackhawk
06-06-2009, 12:36 PM
The boat is dramatically larger than the 22 - especially when you are washing or detailing it.:doh:

When I went to look at my Pantera 24 the owner had his 28 parked next to it. His 28 made the 24 look tiny. Pantera is definitely one of the bigger 28s out there. I love my 24 but I hope a 28 is in my future!