PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 22 classic wiring question

ezervos
05-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Just installed a new dash on my 94 22 classic only to drop it in the water and find it wouldnt start. I think the problem is in the accessory switch - I cant find a ground wire to it and the red light doesnt come on when activated. I saw someone on the forum mentioned the fuel pump runs off the accessory panel but i dont recall that switch needing to be on to run the boat with the old dash. If I can't find the ground for accessory, can I run a new one? From where?

Planetwarmer
05-31-2009, 02:58 AM
I am in the process of redoing my dash. I decided to start my boat before my dash was completed. What I figured out was I had to ensure the main pos and neg were connected before the boat would start. They are the two largest red and black wires under the dash. If the boat ran before you disassembled the dash, keep in mind that is the only "variable". Look under the dash and insure that all wires are connected. My tach has 4 black wires all connected to the same terminal, which ended up being the reason that my boat wouldn't start.

IF THE BOAT RAN BEFORE YOU TOOK APART THE DASH, THEN YOU HAVE IMPROPERLY REINSTALLED THE WIRING AND YOU NEED TO GO BACK OVER EVERY WIRE TO INSURE THAT YOU HAVE THEM CORRRECT.

Was my caps on? Sorry.

deejay
05-31-2009, 06:14 AM
Is there a wiring diagram available for the 22 classic?

Mr X
05-31-2009, 06:22 AM
Is there a wiring diagram available for the 22 classic?
Here is some good info

BUIZILLA
05-31-2009, 07:10 AM
that just wiped out a printer cartridge... :nilly: :)

BigGrizzly
05-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks Ted. I like this

MOP
05-31-2009, 09:33 AM
that just wiped out a printer cartridge... :nilly: :)

Ya know this is the age of technology, these darn things were suppose to make this a "paper less world"!

MOP
05-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Ted thanks a bunch that beat anything else out there.

deejay
05-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the outstanding sharing. That was my first post and i am a new owner of a 22c and to have this kind of response right off the bat is outstanding. I see you are in florida. We are also, in lake county. While i am at it, do you have some direction on where i can get a cockpit cover? There are snaps around the cockpit - is it safe to assume they would be in a standard donzi snap pattern? Our boat is 1995. As you can tell i am a rookie at donzi ownership. Thanks again, deejay

DonziJon
05-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the outstanding sharing. That was my first post and i am a new owner of a 22c and to have this kind of response right off the bat is outstanding. I see you are in florida. We are also, in lake county. While i am at it, do you have some direction on where i can get a cockpit cover? There are snaps around the cockpit - is it safe to assume they would be in a standard donzi snap pattern? Our boat is 1995. As you can tell i am a rookie at donzi ownership. Thanks again, deejay

Welcome to the board. There is NO Standard Snap Pattern. It's best to Have A Cover "Custom Made" to fit the snaps already on the boat. :yes: "SunBrella" is a good choice for material. John

Mr X
05-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Glad to help guys!

ezervos
05-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Thank you all! I tried everything I could but finally gave up - boat is at Ed's marine in Grimesland NC - hopefully ed can make sense of my wiring disaster without blowing this seasons budget!

Planetwarmer
05-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Thank you all! I tried everything I could but finally gave up - boat is at Ed's marine in Grimesland NC - hopefully ed can make sense of my wiring disaster without blowing this seasons budget!

You came up with a boating budget? I cant bear to do that. I just pay and forget. It hurts less that way.

gcarter
05-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the outstanding sharing. That was my first post and i am a new owner of a 22c and to have this kind of response right off the bat is outstanding. I see you are in florida. We are also, in lake county.

I'm in Lake county also. I have a business in Leesburg where I'm rebuilding/restoring an '88 22C Donzi Testa Rossa.
Drop by sometime!

miike
05-31-2009, 11:20 PM
ok so to start it you shouldnt be wired thru the acc switch and there is no grnd necessary for the ign switch.

ezervos
06-14-2009, 10:14 AM
all done, boat in water. I miswired the tach and blew the ignition coil - $66 later were back in the water.