PDA

View Full Version : Engine hatch hinge question on my 1970 18 2+3.

mopargreg
05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Whats going on Donzi guru's? I have a question on the engine hatch hinges, are you suppose too be able to remove the hatch cover by pushing it to one side when you open it or is one of the hinges on in reverse and need to be flipped around. Also, do any of you guys use gas charged prop rods on the hatch cover or any other method of supporting the hatch (besides a broom stick)........Thanks, Greg

Lenny
05-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Whats going on Donzi guru's? I have a question on the engine hatch hinges, are you suppose too be able to remove the hatch cover by pushing it to one side when you open it or is one of the hinges on in reverse and need to be flipped around. Also, do any of you guys use gas charged prop rods on the hatch cover or any other method of supporting the hatch (besides a broom stick)........Thanks, Greg

Hatch lifts are common here. There are many threads about them, and their location. The hatches (hinges) are the same on the older boats so that removing it is possible, and reversed on newer hulls so that they are not removable. I like the removable version myself, but that puts an end to the gas assist struts and the paddle or rod going into the hatch groove is your only option.

JimG
05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I roll a towel, put it between the hatch and the lifting ring and gently let the hatch all the way back.