PDA

View Full Version : Dustoff Agenda and Safety Requirements

mattyboy
05-28-2009, 08:22 AM
FYI UPDATE

let me preface this by saying we have never had any issues or problems, we don't expect there to be any this year, we want to keep it that way in the future.

THIS YEAR WILL BE A FIRST AS OUR RUN IS A SANCTIONED REGATTA.
We have filed all the permits and will operate this run in cooperation with the LGPC. The permit has requirements that IF NOT MEET OR OBEYED could lead to the club forfieting having any runs in the future on the lake. We don't even want to think about any thing of the sort.

We realize that everyone wants to run their boat and they will have more than an chance to do that, we also know that for the first timer there is a level of anxiety that comes with going to a new event unfamiliar waters and people. Let me assure you, you will find no better water or people on the planet. The format of the run will let seasoned veteran and the newbie on the lake enjoy and see the entire lake in the safety of numbers.

Lake George Park Commission Requirements

1. a lake pass: purchased at any marina usually under $15 for a week pass all boats must have them displayed as the sticker instructs

2. there is a 45 mph speed limit

3. Noise the lake has a 90db limit and they do enforce it, (we have not had much attention to our group but if you run open pipes or close to shore like a mad man they will find you ! please if you know your boat is EXCESSIVELY loud and have been thinking of installing mufflers do it if you have them use them, we will also take routes on the lake that will keep us away from the shore line also keep in mind we have members with old Holman moody setups to 500 HP + motors with headers and we have not been a target for the patrols

we feel that ther permit should help us in this area

Lake George Donzi Classic Club Requirements

1. No alcohol before or during the run( we have never had a problem with this but it must be said)

2. Everyone in the boat must wear a USCG APPROVED PFD type III at all times during the run

3. No passing the Flag/Pace boat

4. Adherence to any other items set forth at the drivers safety meeting including but not limited to boat spacing and routes during the run.
Attending the driver's safety meeting is mandatory

5. if the boat is equipped with a safety laynard it must be worn by the driver

6. a valid state or USCG registration for the boat properly displayed

any violation of the above will result in a disqualification from the poker run and show and may lead to other disciplinary action deemed appropriate by the Club

Safety Suggestions

1. each boat be equipped with the "USCG safety package"

2. If you have a hand held VHF radio or cell phone bring it communication by cell is spotty at best but if we have a network of phones and radios we can relay messages

3. first aid kits

4. hand held gps

We appreciate everyone's cooperation in this and Thank You all for your support of the club. Looking forward to seeing you, get that winter Donzi project done!!
If you have any question or concerns please contact us

Agenda

friday night BBQ 6pm to ??? at the treasure cove

Sat AM

have boats at the Algonquin docks by no later than 8:30 am
where judging for the show will start MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FULL TANK OF GAS THE RUN WILL NOT BE STOPPING FOR GAS, SO TOP OFF WITH GAS BEFORE YOU GET TO THE DOCKS IN THE MORNING

9 am driver safety meeting continental breakfast

9:30 AM the run will start

Noon aprox. return to the Algonquin play poker hand you are on your own to have lunch and enjoy the lake

return to the Algonquin without the boats ( by Car) for dinner and awards aprox 6pm time will be verified closer to the date of the run

if you have anyquestions please contact me
mnmveth@optonline.net

Thanks
LGDCC

mattyboy
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
YES :yes:

roadtrip se
05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
organizing committee for the AOTH, I applaud you guys for running safe.

Run fast and run loud, too... but run safe.

Have fun out there. We will be back next year...

Air 22
05-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Senator,
Lifelines are not CG approved. Will the club allow us to use them?

Poodles can swim...:tongue:

BERTRAM BOY
05-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Senator,
Lifelines are not CG approved. Will the club allow us to use them?

You have Lifelines?

Air 22
05-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes, but it's hard to carry my beer and swim at the same time..
No, but I have friends I can borrow one from I think..

1. The 3 legged doggie paddle???..Dogs swim just fine balancing a beer on their nose...:tongue::beer:

2.You think? or you have friends? or you think you have friends?:tongue::tongue::tongue:

CHACHI
05-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes, but it's hard to carry my beer and swim at the same time.

Thats why they have STYROFOAM coolers.

You should have known.

Ken

mattyboy
06-02-2009, 03:49 PM
the final preperations are coming together for the run. we have confrimation from the LGPC Patrol , they will be on hand for the safety meeting updating us on local info on the lake conditions and traffic. To keep the run on schedule we'll need to have all the Classics and drivers at the docks by 8:30.
At sign in make sure you have your boat reg numbers with you .

the run is open to all donzi classics that have been signed in , there will be no shadowing or tagging along with boats not registered for the run/ regatta
all registered classics will get a receipt for the regatta.

the regatta we need everyone to get used to saying that ;)

jl1962
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Careful Matty - it's a slippery slope from the R-word to the S-word :nilly:

BTW - This ain't no regatta - but either way we've got it covered! :boat:

Jay

mattyboy
06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Jay,

it is being called a regatta for a very specific reason which will be forthcoming

jl1962
06-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks Matty - This oughta be good - let me know if you need a translator. :)

Air 22
06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I cant Drive 45(55)....:drive: :nilly: :pimp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAtlq6gw5g4

:tongue:

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 11:25 AM
well one week and counting to the donzi classic event of the year

things are a go on all fronts

cya all there can't wait

leaving thursday early am for a 11am -noon arrival

if anyone needs something

my cell

201-315-9662

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Just want to make sure everyone knows and understands the safety guidelines and regulations. we will have navigational and safety aides up there so check in with them as soon as you arrive
they are
Scott Pearson
Bob Haver
Dwight Jeckel
and Myself

we will have any updated info traffic, lake conditions, and any special navigational considerations for the regatta. These will also be covered at the safety meeting

there is no leeway in these regulations they all will be followed

Thank You

see you all up there :)

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 07:15 PM
please a reminder everyone in the boat needs to wear a PFD so if you plan on having passengers they need to wear a PFD so make sure you bring them and it wouldn't hurt to throw an extra one in the boat.

if there are people in the boat without them the boat will not be able to participate in the run or the passengers need to stay on the dock

Air 22
06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
please a reminder everyone in the boat needs to wear a PFD so if you plan on having passengers they need to wear a PFD so make sure you bring them and it wouldn't hurt to throw an extra one in the boat.
if there are people in the boat without them the boat will not be able to participate in the run or the passengers need to stay on the dock
Don't foget about the dogs riding w us too:angel:...I have a Dog PFD:lifeprese: for a certain Poodle Pirate :odie:who randomly hop's into Donzi's panting for rides in all the boats...:)

Air 22
06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
I have a boat for the weekend.. :kingme: :kingme:

Request a credit line increase on that Visa...:kingme: ....we don't accept frequent flyer miles...However u will be in First Class Equipment...:wink:

bob haver
06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I have a boat for the weekend.. :kingme: :kingme:

yea does it run or is this another hatch thing?:bonk:

mattyboy
06-07-2009, 07:52 AM
ok the trivia quiz is done and ready to go all the stuff is ready to go for an early thursday departure.

Just a quick note with things to remember

Have PFD's for everyone to wear in your boat

gas up before going to the Algonquin on sat morning

get a lake pass buy a week pass they are more economical . they can be purchased at the marina directly across from treasure cove (beckley's), the outsdoorsman sport shop just about a 1/2 mile north of treasure cove by car on rt 9, and at Chic's marina next to the Algonquin
Display these stickers as instructed on the windshield less classic some put them by their state reg numbers the stickers have the instructions on where to place them.

see you all up there

be ready to have a great time

if you have any questions
mnmveth@optonline.net
or
201-315-9662

mike o
06-07-2009, 10:38 AM
It runs, it has a tad of blue in it, and it comes with three great looking chicks, and their lil brother as a chaperone.. :) :)

Shouldn't you be in the garage getting fiberglass dust out of a bilge?Well Scott, actually I have never had a ride in a 22 :yes:. I wonder if you could take me and Maryshannon for a spin at some point.:kingme::kingme::kingme: