PDA

View Full Version : Procharger on a 18' with the 6.2

Classic Doddy
05-27-2009, 08:58 PM
What's going on?

Put my boat in the water over the last month - for the first time and tried a 24p labbed 4-blade hydro cleaver - seemed to pic up a great deal out of the whole and ran 66 on gps (1:65 drive). About the same as the 25p Mirage-Plus. This boat is amazing!

Anyway, I have a friend with a 502 in a 22' Scarab with a procharger and I'm loving it. He raced the same boat with a whipple and destroyed it. I know there is a ton with the setup and without knowing the boost we may be comparing apples to oranges. My question, is there enough room for a procharger in an 18 classic with the 6.2. The whipple is supposed to fit, but I would love to see some pictures.

Thank-you all very much and glad to be a Donzi owner.

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
What's going on?
Put my boat in the water over the last month - for the first time and tried a 24p labbed 4-blade hydro cleaver - seemed to pic up a great deal out of the whole and ran 66 on gps (1:65 drive). About the same as the 25p Mirage-Plus. This boat is amazing!
Anyway, I have a friend with a 502 in a 22' Scarab with a procharger and I'm loving it. He raced the same boat with a whipple and destroyed it. I know there is a ton with the setup and without knowing the boost we may be comparing apples to oranges. My question, is there enough room for a procharger in an 18 classic with the 6.2. The whipple is supposed to fit, but I would love to see some pictures.
Thank-you all very much and glad to be a Donzi owner.

Yes and yes. They will both fit

catch 22
05-28-2009, 06:53 AM
It will fit, in a big way

The Hedgehog
05-28-2009, 08:27 AM
There is a guy here that goes by KyDonzi that Procharged his 6.2 in an 18.

I run a Procharged 540 in my 26ZX.

Hmm, Procharger vs Whipple. I would stick a Whipple on my 383 Mag. It is pretty much the same engine as the 6.2.

BTW, dialed in right and you can get just north of 70 mph with your current setup. It takes some time and the right 3 blade prop.

BigGrizzly
05-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Of course Parnell does north of 70 as does TMDog and Poodle. None have a charger on the boat

Classic Doddy
05-29-2009, 03:27 PM
What three blade prop are they running to get north of 70? My 25p Mirage Plus runs in the neighborhood of the 4 blade cleaver, but the cleaver feels so much more powerful in the midrange. My brother had a 28p Bravo One that I'm going to try out, I really don't think it will work - but there is not pain in trying it.

I may not be able to get to 70 though, I go about 300 lbs :)

BigGrizzly
05-29-2009, 06:11 PM
C Doddy, Each is running a different prop and each has a different drive. Parnell runs a 26TXP, Dog will be running one soon Poodle has an old TRS drive, forge what prop. Rootsy had a hydro Q4, the list goes on. Minor detail none are stock and each has a different engine configuration. Just so you know the picture that Catch22 posted is of a very special boat that runs in excess of 100 mph by quite a ways.

osur866
05-29-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm running a 18 with a 6.2 all stock except for SM exhaust, -2 shorty full hyd. steering, as far as props go I ain't going there:popcorn:, and can run 73 GPS 71 all day long if your butt can stand fliched for that long :tongue: would love to see you do a whipple on a 6.2, In time that is my last and final upgrade unless I decide to go with the ls based 500+ natural asperated engine either way your close to the same hp. Steve

The Hedgehog
05-29-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm running a 18 with a 6.2 all stock except for SM exhaust, -2 shorty full hyd. steering, as far as props go I ain't going there:popcorn:, and can run 73 GPS 71 all day long if your butt can stand fliched for that long :tongue: would love to see you do a whipple on a 6.2, In time that is my last and final upgrade unless I decide to go with the ls based 500+ natural asperated engine either way your close to the same hp. Steve

Yep, 71 is the perfect day in the fall. Scotty looked at your tattletale and saw 68 mph after a nasty rough day at Cumberland. That is insane in that water. :thumbsup:He has some great quotes from your ride