PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cuda:

DonziJon
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm one of those people who think you are NICE. SO:.... How you Doin??? :lookaroun: John

Cuda
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm afraid that you may be in the minority, especially if you work for the gubmint.
I noticed while Massar Charlie was busy singing a 52 BILLION DOLLAR budget, he had time to veto the 2% wage reduction to 28,000 state employees. Heaven help they should have to suffer along with us commoners.:mad:

Some of us are mad, and we're not gonna take it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hj6-voLwB8

Bubba Dog
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm afraid that you may be in the minority, especially if you work for the gubmint.
I noticed while Massar Charlie was busy singing a 52 BILLION DOLLAR budget, he had time to veto the 2% wage reduction to 28,000 state employees. Heaven help they should have to suffer along with us commoners.:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hj6-voLwB8

I like being part of the minority, hope you are healing. You have excellent taste in music, my first live concert was The Who, must have been about '72, in Greensboro, NC... some of the crowd looks familar. Bubba :biggrin.:

Cuda
05-27-2009, 09:45 PM
I like being part of the minority, hope you are healing. You have excellent taste in music, my first live concert was The Who, must have been about '72, in Greensboro, NC... some of the crowd looks familar. Bubba :biggrin.:
I'm working my way back. It's not like I'm going to join the ballet anytime soon. :)

The Who is one of my top five bands of all time. If I could only have one album, it would be Who's Next. :)

Jraysray
05-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm working my way back. It's not like I'm going to join the ballet anytime soon. :)

The Who is one of my top five bands of all time. If I could only have one album, it would be Who's Next. :)

Cuda,
Don't know you but I think about your struggles when I see your postings. Just letting you know. :lookaroun:

Cuda
05-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Cuda,
Don't know you but I think about your struggles when I see your postings. Just letting you know. :lookaroun:
Thanks, but there are millions of people in the world who would gladly trade places with me.

She turned me into a newt.

Well, I got better. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g&NR=1

VetteLT193
05-28-2009, 07:38 AM

From the inside out, the state workers are not the problem. I think that is what Crist is trying to tell the Legislature. They blow money on BS all over the place... FL is literally #50 when it comes to the state employee salaries and they didn't enjoy any increases during the good times. If you want to get mad, get mad at all the money the State blows on things it should have no hand in...

The bottom line is they need to stop all the pet projects that sucks money out of all of our wallets.

Plus... why not be more progressive to save money, like work from home, 4 day work week, etc. to save power? It costs mega bucks just to keep the lights on.

It's so frustrating I can't even begin to explain. :nilly:

Cuda
05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
From the inside out, the state workers are not the problem. I think that is what Crist is trying to tell the Legislature. They blow money on BS all over the place... FL is literally #50 when it comes to the state employee salaries and they didn't enjoy any increases during the good times. If you want to get mad, get mad at all the money the State blows on things it should have no hand in...
The bottom line is they need to stop all the pet projects that sucks money out of all of our wallets.
Plus... why not be more progressive to save money, like work from home, 4 day work week, etc. to save power? It costs mega bucks just to keep the lights on.
It's so frustrating I can't even begin to explain. :nilly:

Spoken like a true beauracrat.

It's not just the state, it is every beauracracy. The main job of a beuracracy is to grow that beauracracy.

You have seen the size of Deland. Yesterday, there were about 40 police cars NOT being used in the middle of the day. Why do they need that many spare cars, not to mention they have Volusia Cty SO for back up???

VetteLT193
05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Spoken like a true beauracrat.

huh? I think the state needs to cut all over the place. Cut the programs and the jobs with them, not just a blanket pay reduction. The legislature likes to rob peter to make a new program that is in their own special interest. That is the BS that needs to stop.

I run my own business too and know plenty about the Government bureaucratic nightmare.

Cuda
05-28-2009, 11:16 AM
huh? I think the state needs to cut all over the place. Cut the programs and the jobs with them, not just a blanket pay reduction. The legislature likes to rob peter to make a new program that is in their own special interest. That is the BS that needs to stop.
I run my own business too and know plenty about the Government bureaucratic nightmare.
In other words, there is waste in every beauracracy except yours. Correct?

MOP
05-28-2009, 11:18 AM
The scope of the spending of our taxes is beyond comprehension for most, I go round and round with several of our municipal employee friends. Think of this! They for their life time receive benefits for them selves and their families and upon retirement receive a pension, now we say well they were in the service of the public. Having worked for a company that took care of only dental, eye wear and yes money back for having their income taxes prepared for our county say the tax payer who we know pays the bill is getting screwed. Just an example of the dental benefit, $2500.00 per family member. Three kids and that equates to $7,500.00 per house hold, the county has 10,000 members and 20,000+ dependents. Ok that is just my local county, do not know much about our states benefits. But think about our senators and congressmen, once elected even for one term get a great retirement package twice as much after five years and "DO NOT PAY INTO SOCIAL SECURITY" I pay social security and have done so since 1954 when I got my first working paper to work on summer break. Now I one of the "BILL PAYERS" face like all Americans a social security system that is going bust, why because it has been used a general fund. To my thinking there should be "NO RETIREMENT PLANS" but a greatly improved and fairly distributed social security retirement plan. 90% of us pay the bill and reap near -0- benefit! 10% have it knocked! We could use real change, the general public has been getting the shaft for a very long time just paying in and getting the dregs at the end. Speaking "only" of our elected officials the CROOKS as I prefer to speak of them have voted them selves fairly sweet packages non of which was put before the general public for approval. This is after they stole us blind while in office, this brings up my recommendation to buy and read the book FLEECED! You may not like the auther but not one bit of the book has been challenged in any court in our nation, there are facts in the book that will make you sick! Buy it and see what it does for your thinking about our grand politicians!

VetteLT193
05-28-2009, 12:16 PM
In other words, there is waste in every beauracracy except yours. Correct?

Nope, waste in mine too.

If they want to cut, and I think they should, they should cut whole programs and the jobs that go along with them.

The state has its hand in things that it should not. For example, the gigantic Dept. of Education building should be shut down. Both at the Federal and State level. Give the money to the schools, not the administration and we'll have better education and spend less in the process.

handfulz28
05-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Municipal pensions are a black hole nobody wants to talk about.

Workers should have the opportunity to opt out of social security, medicare, all that crap. Shrink the program, let whoever wants it pay for it, and yeah there will be one helluva bill to pay until all the freeloaders die off. But at least we would know exactly what the bill is and be able to pay it down as people die out of the system.

Is the military recruiting? Why don't all the gov't workers and auto workers join the military?

So Joe, how the meds treating you these days? :angel:

DonziJon
05-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm one of those people who think you are NICE. SO:.... How you Doin??? :lookaroun: John

Cuda: I want to apologize for raizing everybodys Blood Pressure, which is what happens when talkin about the Guvmint.

What I should have said was "How's your HEALTH doin" ??. :bonk: John

Cuda
05-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Cuda: I want to apologize for raizing everybodys Blood Pressure, which is what happens when talkin about the Guvmint.
What I should have said was "How's your HEALTH doin" ??. :bonk: John

No worries mate. :)

I just today got in the mail a form denying me of some benefits from the state when I was unable to walk, yet worked anyway. The funny thing is it was the DFC, who has told me several times they had denied me because I failed to get a form to them in a timely manner. It was from before December, and even though I've spoken to them over the phone and hand delivered a from the the office in Daytona, the only two pieces of communication I've ever had from them are the two forms claiming denial of any benefits.

Not to mention frigging Charlie Christ will let some 16 year old snot nosed punk get a driver's license, but I have to have the approval of six different doctors to prove I can do something that I took the test to prove the very day that I turned 16. I even asked if it would be good enough if I just went down an took the test as if I never had been issued a dl, but hell no! That would have worked if I wasn't already on Chairman Charlie's black list. Believe that or not. Some stupid lady even admitted they had a file on me from the number of times I had called.

Other than that Mrs, Lincoln, how was the show? :)

Cuda
05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Nope, waste in mine too.
If they want to cut, and I think they should, they should cut whole programs and the jobs that go along with them.
The state has its hand in things that it should not. For example, the gigantic Dept. of Education building should be shut down. Both at the Federal and State level. Give the money to the schools, not the administration and we'll have better education and spend less in the process.

Even my sister who has been teaching English at the same high school that I graduated from for 22 years, is to get her Master's in Library Science this year. That's why she voted for the current administration, because she figured it would benifit the beauracracy of the guvmint she belongs to. I bet she wishes she had voted the oppostite way when she found there are no job openings next year for someone with a degree in Library Science. That must be the easiest master's to obtain. I aske dad what the hell a Master's in Library Science was. He said as far as he knew, the only thing a librarian had to do was keep the boys from playing grab-azz in the library!

Keep in mind, she was the Valdectorian of her graduating class. No wonder she went back to Oregon for her senior year. It was a much smaller high school.

Ghost
05-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, lots of stuff in this thread. Joe, glad to hear some of the stuff has been been helping you.

The government stuff is so exasperating. (Piling on to your note, you should check out the People's Republic of Maryland, where you can also get a driver's license in no time flat even if your presence in this country is ILLEGAL.)

I agree wholeheartedly agree about the needed cuts to government. I am of the mind that the entire economic crisis actually goes back to government. A free market would see booms and busts for sure, but they'd be more frequent and less severe, serving as corrections to investment. But instead, a huge chunk of our wealth goes to pay for mandatetd jobs that produce little or no (or negative) value, and thus our living standards are falling as a result. And all the govt borrowing, and stimulus of borrowing, and getting in bed with big finance helped hide this while it got worse for 30-40 years (with the notable recent debacles just being the fancy icing on a longstanding $hit cake).

Along these lines, I completely agree that govt pensions are going to become a huge problem, and as we see more California crises, it'll be a mess everywhere. It seems like the only way govt will ever cut itself back is through bankruptcy. And then the winner/loser choices will become even more political. Sickening and dangerous both, I think.

Also, am I mistaken in thinking that all these desperate efforts to keep interest rates down are doomed to failure, which will smash real estate prices further, which will slam the banks again with massive mark-to-market problems, which will create a whole new banking crisis, worse than the last and with plummeting commercial real estate in the mix? I'm trying to figure out sensible financial courses, and this is what I think I have to plan for. If anyone knows more or better, I'm all ears. -Mike

Cuda
05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
If the guvmint would keep their noses out of it, prices of everything will find their natural level, just as water seeks it own natural level. It's called supply and demand.