PDA

View Full Version : Post AOTH Smack Talking

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 09:28 AM
I am not sure what is up with the rumors of the Cig guys running over 90 the whole time. I rode with Tex on Sat and he was in family mode. Every time he saw the "Meanest Machine" trying to run out front he simply gave it a squeeze and pulled ahead. I guess that having 200+ more hp and more hull trumps the meanest machine. I also heard that Byron could lay the smackdown on them at will. Unfortunately I was not running out there to see that. I also don't understand all of the rumors about the power the Cig guys are touting. I was told that the ZUL motor had way over 700 hp. Phil himself told me it had around 615. This is consistent with what Sterling, Marc Boos and Eddie Young have been able to get out of that manifold.

Was Phil's boat the best turned around boat with a custom theme? Unquestionably. Heck I would love to have one. Was it the "Meanest?" I don't think so. To me the meanest is the fastest and most powerful. And by fastest, I don't just mean in "optimal" conditions.

Hmmm, maybe we need a category for the biggest sleeper. It would be good for guys like Tex and Byron that quietly do their own work and deliver the goods.:pimp:

glashole
05-27-2009, 10:25 AM
don't try to take the spot light off the fact you are unable to build a capable motor that can last even a couple days

This is pretty convienient that it has been running "awesome" up till that point and the idle speed out of Lee's ford cooked it

This would have been the time that you would have to showcase the talent as well wouldn't it?

Then of course your buddy from texas has to wait there while all the other boats go home so you guys can "limp" back to get your trailers while we all run home

Now that i think about it

no one actually saw the "problem charger" just chunks of metal that you brought around to show everyone

I guess the question would be

did you plan out the boat problems in case you knew you were going to be beat or did you come up with it at the event once you saw the big dogs with their pack leading blackhawks hunting you down?

and how did you keep the oil on the metal all the way from home?

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 10:45 AM
don't try to take the spot light off the fact you are unable to build a capable motor that can last even a couple days

This is pretty convienient that it has been running "awesome" up till that point and the idle speed out of Lee's ford cooked it

This would have been the time that you would have to showcase the talent as well wouldn't it?

Then of course your buddy from texas has to wait there while all the other boats go home so you guys can "limp" back to get your trailers while we all run home

Now that i think about it

no one actually saw the "problem charger" just chunks of metal that you brought around to show everyone

I guess the question would be

did you plan out the boat problems in case you knew you were going to be beat or did you come up with it at the event once you saw the big dogs with their pack leading blackhawks hunting you down?

and how did you keep the oil on the metal all the way from home?

Dang, you really know how to call me out. Actually I saw the blackhawks rooster tail at the start of the Lee's Ford run and got scared. I pulled over under the guise of changing plugs and threw a bunch of marbles into the blower. I really did not think I would even make Lee's Ford. I was mortified when I did and decided to save Tex as well. Hey, pride has a big price:hangum:

On the other hand you should be very afraid now. There is a bunch going on. ZX guys talking about infiltrating the blackhawk society and blackhawk guys talking about defecting. I am not sure what is up with all of that.

Trueser
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
On the other hand this really want the year to run all out. If the water was as clear as last year I would assume that we would of had some real blow ups. And more empty fuel tanks. I didnt run thru that much fuel at all.

The safety of my crew was first. I'm sure the cig boys were thinking the same. Blackhawk props are getting rare.

Tweaking the 22 boats is not very productive!

glashole
05-27-2009, 11:59 AM
[quote=
On the other hand you should be very afraid now. There is a bunch going on. ZX guys talking about infiltrating the blackhawk society and blackhawk guys talking about defecting. I am not sure what is up with all of that.[/quote]

everyone knows that in the natural order of things the blackhawk is at the top

everyone wants one and very few actually master them

kind of like having a stripper as a girlfriend, all kinds of fun, but at the end of the day you need something a little less crazy

and once a person gets to the top of the heap they start looking at other avenues for which to express themselves because after a while even the best view from the pack gets a little old

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 12:16 PM
everyone knows that in the natural order of things the blackhawk is at the top

everyone wants one and very few actually master them

kind of like having a stripper as a girlfriend, all kinds of fun, but at the end of the day you need something a little less crazy

and once a person gets to the top of the heap they start looking at other avenues for which to express themselves because after a while even the best view from the pack gets a little old

I like the stripper analogy.

I still dunno about the whole prop blade slinging thing. That may be more convenient than trashing a blower.:shark:

roadtrip se
05-27-2009, 01:02 PM
for giving me the continued inspiration to tend to the garden in the flowerpot with a renewed sense of purpose.

Funny thing, the XR shortie is all done. Heck the old one made a habit of planting some serious whoop-ass on most blackhawks that dared to approach it, and with the same misty finish you are so accustomed to putting on the unsuspecting victim. Last time I checked, Jeremy was continuing the legacy with it up there somewheres in CA, eh..

So now, onto what to do in the engine bay. Well, we do have a bit more irrigation drainage than I would like going on down there, so as opposed to going with the amateur, slap and hope, fiberglass repair that seems to be so pervasive around these parts, I am actually going to hire a professional to do the build up and strengthen the foundation so everything can grow quite nicely, with little worry for seasons to come.

And then we can plant the garden. And a beautiful garden it will be. But watch out those of you who worship at the altar of blackhawk, the fruits could be poisonous to your egos and even more deadly to your fragile little drives and props. We are looking for a bumper crop this fall, but if the crop looks a little on the "needs more work side", I got to think the winter crop will get the kinks out in time for next year.

And then if the Lake Gods will smile upon us next spring and not proclaim that the lake will come up twenty feet in a week, that gremilins will not eat prochargers and blue motor assemblies, and assorted prop parts, then we might just find out what is what. I am sure the Cig boys will be only too happy to obilge us and run with us and take the beating they so richly deserve.

Um right...

This has got to be a first, post-event trash talk. I like it. Takes some nads Hedge, especially after all of the build-up to the single, mongo-powered, whoop-ass, powered ZX talk that we put up with from you guys all winter. Going to be a long year. But keep stirring it up, I'll be out tending to the garden in the mean time.

Now where the hell is that poison ivy seed? Work to do.

glashole
05-27-2009, 03:38 PM
tell you what :)

why don't we talk in another year after you spent another entire event holding poker run flags

once you have something that even resembles a contender let us know and we can include you in our discussions

but for the time being this is quiet time because the boat drivers are talking

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
This has got to be a first, post-event trash talk. I like it. Takes some nads Hedge, especially after all of the build-up to the single, mongo-powered, whoop-ass, powered ZX talk that we put up with from you guys all winter. Going to be a long year. But keep stirring it up, I'll be out tending to the garden in the mean time.
Now where the hell is that poison ivy seed? Work to do.

Post event trash talk is good for the soul. Heck I have to do something to make me feel better about eating a blower.

Poison Ivy seed? I hope that you don't put that in the flowerpot.

Tony
05-27-2009, 06:54 PM

why don't we talk in another year after you spent another entire event holding poker run flags

once you have something that even resembles a contender let us know and we can include you in our discussions

Seems like Shea enjoys this thread...and is pretty dang good at it!

:beer:

roadtrip se
05-27-2009, 08:26 PM

And Shea you got me crying man, because you hurt my feelings with such barbs.

But wait a minute...

Weren't you the punk putting around in a 16 4.3V6 when we showed up at 1000 Islands with a couple of HP 500s quite a few years back? Why yes, you were. We let you hang around then, because we loved to look at your girlfiriend at the time. Especially when you bounced her around in the background eating our wakes.

So you bought a Blackhawk. Nice boat. But there is better sitting in the weeds in your neighborhood, yes, that one of a kind 502 Procharged, carbon fiber, solid white Blackhawk. If you expect to even be in our same zip code next year, I suggest you kick the training wheels off, just like you did when you bought the first one, and just STEP UP.

Now back to the trash talk. Where's my kleenex???

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
And Shea you got me crying man, because you hurt my feelings with such barbs.
But wait a minute...
Weren't you the punk putting around in a 16 4.3V6 when we showed up at 1000 Islands with a couple of HP 500s quite a few years back? Why yes, you were. We let you hang around then, because we loved to look at your girlfiriend at the time. Especially when you bounced her around in the background eating our wakes.
So you bought a Blackhawk. Nice boat. But there is better sitting in the weeds in your neighborhood, yes, that one of a kind 502 Procharged, carbon fiber, solid white Blackhawk. If you expect to even be in our same zip code next year, I suggest you kick the training wheels off, just like you did when you bought the first one, and just STEP UP.
Now back to the trash talk. Where's my kleenex???

Ouch...

The saga continues:hangum:

Last Real Texan
05-28-2009, 08:32 AM
OK...so after letting all this stuff soak in my head overnight...

Shea...you freakin Canadians I really don't know what to say other than all that smack talking at Todd's house about Ball peen Hammers and props was like the story line in a drag race movie from the 50's...the one where the guy is going to sabotage the competitors car and in the end does it to himself...I would think that being the Blackhawk owner you would know the difference between a blackhawk prop and a regular prop...but hey it was dark out there on the dock that night and mistakes happen ...you just banged on the wrong prop and it happened to be your own...it could however been that Rob steered you in the wrong direction, knowing he was going to defect from the blackhawk gang. You threw that blade shortly after you were planning a sneak attack on my starboard side in the first leg of the fun run talk about conveniant , I saw you, squeezed on it and...one minute you were there and the next, oh no where did he go?

Trueser, you have a sweet ass boat for sure and I respect the fact that safety was first and foremost for me as well. I was in Family mode all weekend, their safety is parmount in my book, next year we will have clean water and be able to open things up a bit...and for fuel just talk to Fishin Sucks about how much fuel the twins use...I think there is a pretty good picture somewhere out there...as for me I used just over half a tank of fuel, granted I did not make the 35 mile run back from lunch due to my Sea Tow duty the Hedgehog arranged so I would not get embarrased on the way back by the Blackhawks that were on the hunt, or should I say survival mode on the way back. I heard the only thing doing ANY hunting on the way back from lunch was a bunch of logs, water heaters, trees, and the ocassional upside down floating hand cart.

Roadtrip...lets see, where do I start? you know now that I think about it, Shea is right you are boatless so you don't get to play....funny how you held the drivers meetings not even driving, hmm?
BUT you do organize one heck of an event and thank you! Miracle grow, I hope you have stock in it because all the miracle grow in the world is'nt going to help...

Now for the Cig boys you are fine gentlemen ...You have some of the best looking and turned out machines I have ever seen and was really looking forward to seeing some smack laid down but the conditons never let it happen, but next year bring it because you are going to need it...90 is now the new 60 so you guys knockin on 100 better be ready to run and run hard , us bigger boats are going to pray for 2-3 conditons to keep your caged animal 20 footers locked up.

And this is all coming from the guy with the slow boat.....:boat:
Blackhawks are so yesterday...what will the future bring?

Tex

Tony
05-28-2009, 09:08 AM

Todd, I knew you would step up and counter...good post!
I remember that 16' bouncin' around, no tabs, with the girlfriend in the back seat.
And yes...she was "smokin' hot"!

:beer:

BigGrizzly
05-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Heck, I used 29 gallons of fuel that weekend and went a whopping 66 mph with a 39 year old boat, I don't need no stinkin Black hawk or Shorty. Next year I will be bringing the bow rider, only this time it will run:yes: Hey who stuffed that broken prop blade in my front bumper? One nice thing is everybody likes the prop guy with the slow boat. It was really nice not to have the target on my back:nilly::nilly:

CFD5
05-29-2009, 11:51 AM
"Blackdown Smackhawk!":smash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXXUpF3APQ

Blackhawk looks pretty tough to drive to me.:nilly:
Smooth and Steady.

roadtrip se
05-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Err, wait, don't I remember so 6'18" tall guy running a 16 himself? Looked a tad strange, and with that haircut he lost another 2 MPH due to added wind resistance AIR..

and that was a very long time ago.

And oh, BTW I have not seen one of you loud mouths mention the Squadron Cig 20. Could it be that you never saw it? Yeah, I thought so.

The Hedgehog
05-30-2009, 02:05 PM
LOL, oh they saw it..

Through the mist... :nilly: :nilly:

Oh you mean that little Ciggie that will run 100 in optimal conditions? Yeah I saw it and I see who's side you are on too. I also saw the "Meanest Machine" stall 6 times trying to put it in gear and then start in gear for the rest of the weekend. I guess that we ALL have to pay our dues for fun at some time or another.

Maybe it is a good thing that they don't post here that much with all of the adoring fans and all.....

Wow, now that I think about it, if they did post here we would not be able to hold a meaningful discussion through all of the praise and adoration.:popcorn:

Last Real Texan
05-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh you mean that little Ciggie that will run 100 in optimal conditions? Yeah I saw it and I see who's side you are on too. I also saw the "Meanest Machine" stall 6 times trying to put it in gear and then start in gear for the rest of the weekend. I guess that we ALL have to pay our dues for fun at some time or another.

Maybe it is a good thing that they don't post here that much with all of the adoring fans and all.....

Wow, now that I think about it, if they did post here we would not be able to hold a meaningful discussion through all of the praise and adoration.:popcorn:
Maybe they need some more of this...

ITTLFLI
05-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Seems as if the "broken conair hairdryer fella" has to talk smack from the dock..eh?! I personally love the cigs and how they run. I suggest actually running with them before casting judgement. Hell that video above was taken from phils(yes I can use his name)boat. He had enough time to stop, take a leak, and grab the camera before the rest of us came by! Ha! His boat flat rocks! In my opinion there are no sides! Let's not start taking sides!!! We are all there to get along and run our machines should we chose.

I learned a long time ago....TO FINISH FIRST YOU MUST FIRST FINISH!! ;)

The Hedgehog
05-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Seems as if the "broken conair hairdryer fella" has to talk smack from the dock..eh?! I personally love the cigs and how they run. I suggest actually running with them before casting judgement. Hell that video above was taken from phils(yes I can use his name)boat. He had enough time to stop, take a leak, and grab the camera before the rest of us came by! Ha! His boat flat rocks! In my opinion there are no sides! Let's not start taking sides!!! We are all there to get along and run our machines should we chose.
I learned a long time ago....TO FINISH FIRST YOU MUST FIRST FINISH!! ;)

Easy there chief. Dig around in my posts and see if you can find ONE time I said something bad about the Cigs.

For the record, I did not see a single boat that I did not like at AOTH. I met lots of people. Ok, so I had an issue with my boat. ANYONE that is slinging over 500hp gets that at one time or another. So what did I do? I hung around, met lots of cool people and was a boat bitch. I talked to people coming and going, rode in different boats and when folks were coming in, I helped with dock lines unlike some others that stood around and watched. I made some new friends and did not sulk. Instead of crying about checks I was going to write, I went to the auction had fun and contributed to a good cause.

Now go back to the title of the post and ponder if I am really taking myself that seriously before you come in with guns blazing. Thanks for the slam. And yes, I am well aware that my hairdryer is broken and I did not finish thank you!

I guess that I was too quick to compliment your boat. Sorry.

Peace

ITTLFLI
05-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Easy there chief. Dig around in my posts and see if you can find ONE time I said something bad about the Cigs.

For the record, I did not see a single boat that I did not like at AOTH. I met lots of people. Ok, so I had an issue with my boat. ANYONE that is slinging over 500hp gets that at one time or another. So what did I do? I hung around, met lots of cool people and was a boat bitch. I talked to people coming and going, rode in different boats and when folks were coming in, I helped with dock lines unlike some others that stood around and watched. I made some new friends and did not sulk. Instead of crying about checks I was going to write, I went to the auction had fun and contributed to a good cause.

Now go back to the title of the post and ponder if I am really taking myself that seriously before you come in with guns blazing. Thanks for the slam. And yes, I am well aware that my hairdryer is broken and I did not finish thank you!

I guess that I was too quick to compliment your boat. Sorry.

Peace
;cheers:

I thought this was smacktalkin thread? Did not mean to offend ya! ;).

Thanks for the compliment.

I am at a wedding postin from my crackberry...so please let's keep it light and easy on me for now. ;)

The Hedgehog
05-31-2009, 07:22 PM
;cheers:
I thought this was smacktalkin thread? Did not mean to offend ya! ;).
Thanks for the compliment.
I am at a wedding postin from my crackberry...so please let's keep it light and easy on me for now. ;)

Fair enough. As long as it is smacktalking!:drinkbeer:

FISHIN SUCKS
05-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Get me a bucket, I'm gonna puke:puke:.........Bill and Byron kissing........oh no:eek::eek:, that aint right!

I must have a leak or I ran hard, cause I managed to burn through the whole 94 gallon tank feedin' the twins. Thanx to Byron, Larry and Carl (my hero's) for bringin' the jug:worthy:!

roadtrip se
06-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Get me a bucket, I'm gonna puke:puke:.........Bill and Byron kissing........oh no:eek::eek:, that aint right!
I must have a leak or I ran hard, cause I managed to burn through the whole 94 gallon tank feedin' the twins. Thanx to Byron, Larry and Carl (my hero's) for bringin' the jug:worthy:!

That loud-a** thing had to cut into your fuel economy running like that!
Jesus Man, hit the switch, before the dogs starting howling!

Oh, and thanks for the ride. For what I lack in good passengering skills, I make up for with navigation advice...

roadtrip se
06-01-2009, 09:42 AM
or the Stuphens for that matter, ain't cool.

All BS aside, they are very, very cool performance machines. And unique, too.

Compare it to the sportscar world, and maybe the Corvette. A lot of these guys are Z06's at this point. You guys keep bashing on them, good natured or not, and the next thing you know they will all be ZR-1s.

All it takes is 1-800-Call-Zul or Sterling or pick-your-poison...

I would like to have a remote chance of staying in the same area code with them next year, so chill out.

Now, back to your regularily scheduled Classic versus ZX bashing. I kind of miss it.

glashole
06-01-2009, 09:50 AM
"Blackdown Smackhawk!":smash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXXUpF3APQ

Blackhawk looks pretty tough to drive to me.:nilly:
Smooth and Steady.

I can assure you robert can make it look very easy to drive,

you regular cookie cutter boats listen up :pimp:

just becuase you can think you can box, doesn't mean you should jump in the ring with Ali

and like i have said before, it ain't bragging if you can do it

and for the record, it is only cool to smack talk those who can take it and give it back just as good

when you make people cry because they don't understand that what you are saying is only as good as what you are shovelling it just gets awkward :nilly:

olredalert
06-01-2009, 10:06 AM
------I love the ZO6 guys and all they have accomplished, but I guess Im still a 1966 427/425 Corvette type guy if these analogies are correct. Im about to slip back a bit too to maybe a 427/390 with ac, and maybe a wine glass or two...........Bill S

The Hedgehog
06-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I can assure you robert can make it look very easy to drive,

you regular cookie cutter boats listen up :pimp:

just becuase you can think you can box, doesn't mean you should jump in the ring with Ali

and like i have said before, it ain't bragging if you can do it

and for the record, it is only cool to smack talk those who can take it and give it back just as good

when you make people cry because they don't understand that what you are saying is only as good as what you are shovelling it just gets awkward :nilly:

Regular cookie cutter boats! I like it.

Some sound so serious when they are talking smack that you almost think that they are being serious.

It is not like I being a good ole boy from Tn really think I can turn out a better boat than someone that is a professional in the marine industry.

Now I really can embarrass the smack talking Fountaineer that tells his passengers his "85mph on the pitot" boat is probably the fastest on the lake. At least when the hair dryer is working.

I was glad to have my regular cookie cutter stock powered X-18 last weekend though.

The Hedgehog
06-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Story I am hearing is Zul read this thread.
Then HE made the call :nilly: :nilly:
Break out the BIG hairdryers next year boyz n girls, I'm betting the closest you can hope for is the same State..
Maybe.. :boggled::boggled:

That is fine. I have Eddie Young on deck building a 1,500. That will be the tune for the Lee's Ford run. No hairdryers this time. Going with a 5.0 (and not the kind that Vanilla Ice drives)! We have a call in to Rik at Arneson trying to get the right kind of splitter. So far it seems that the splitter will be louder than the Whipple but that is why they make headsets. This parts list is making my head spin. Oh yeah, it won't be going in the ZX......and yes, the hull will be in the Don family.:popcorn:...but no steps and no bull!:pimp:

FISHIN SUCKS
06-01-2009, 08:30 PM
That loud-a** thing had to cut into your fuel economy running like that!
Jesus Man, hit the switch, before the dogs starting howling!
Oh, and thanks for the ride. For what I lack in good passengering skills, I make up for with navigation advice...
I'm tellin ya, I think I bumped into the blower switch, really!!! Your giving directions and me driving was kinda like the Potato head couple cruising in the Solstice; you were the woman potato and I was the man potato, after a while, I just didn't respond, I just watched your hand motions and continued on. Who loves ya, you nagigator:):yes:!!!!

FISHIN SUCKS
06-01-2009, 08:36 PM
------I love the ZO6 guys and all they have accomplished, but I guess Im still a 1966 427/425 Corvette type guy if these analogies are correct. Im about to slip back a bit too to maybe a 427/390 with ac, and maybe a wine glass or two...........Bill S
I would like mine in Laguna Blue please! Although I am a fan of Trophy Blue too........and let's make it an early '66 427/450 horse before they knocked it down to 425. Don't forget the side exhaust!

**sorry for the derailment, but Bill pushed a button and couldn't resist**

BUIZILLA
06-01-2009, 08:51 PM
it's a 427/400 you pansie's :lookaroun:

FISHIN SUCKS
06-01-2009, 08:55 PM
it's a 427/400 you pansie's :lookaroun:
Forgive me, but I am about to correct you. 400 hp was the smaller tri carb motor available from '67-'69. No tri-carb motor's available in '66 on Corvette:smash:. Stick to your 'Corvette-dash' Peterbilts, and I am still lookin for ya:)

BUIZILLA
06-01-2009, 08:59 PM
i'm fully aware of that there fact sparky...

but I like hot multiple suckers and blowing cold A/C

who cares what year

FISHIN SUCKS
06-01-2009, 09:07 PM

who cares what year
Now how did I know that that would just wind you up??? I'm not hatin' on the multiple's, just tryin' to be original. (I'm smilin' as I'm typin', anybody who wants a Corvette dash Pete is the shizzle:yes:)

Last Real Texan
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM

who cares what year
Just happen to have a red 68 in the warehouse...black interior and white top...all original #'s matching car with only 60,000 miles on it ....did I mention it was a one owner car...not telling what is under the hood... The Hedgehog knows how to get in my shop:hangum:it may dissapear

Tex

boldts
06-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Lovin it ememsly!!!!!! Oh and I have one of those multible carb intakes with 2 barrel Rochesters on top of it in storage somewhere.........Ran it on a small block 64 Chevelle that had just enough to get off the line and hold those BBC Chevelles off in a 1/4. :)

glashole
06-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry

i generally don't pay very close attention but seriously

how did we go from blowing up inferior engines to you guys looking for fiberglass beefed up camaros?

what next the best type of grease for your mullets

The Hedgehog
06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Sorry

how did we go from blowing up inferior engines to you guys looking for fiberglass beefed up camaros?

Well the bashing was going back in forth quite well. SE got the whole suck up to the cig guys thing back on track but this guy just would not let it go....

I mean he could not even wait until after dark to get out his squeegee....Tex caught his premature squeeging problem happening on camera at the raft up! And to think that a guy with such a disturbed look tried to accuse Byron and me of kissing:popcorn:

boxy
06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
67 was the last year of the Vette..

Sorry

Place your bets, place your bets .....

Odds on Poddle throwing Shea off of a dock at Lake George 1:2
Odds on Poodle throwing Shea from the Capri Dock to the Treasure Cove Dock 5:1

:D :D :D

roadtrip se
06-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Well the bashing was going back in forth quite well. SE got the whole suck up to the cig guys thing back on track but this guy just would not let it go....

HH, and others. I love trash talk, pushing it, having a little fun at someone else's expense, and busting chops. I even campaigned and convinced the guys to make this year's theme boat, the ZX. And look what we get in return?

But.

This is NOT trash talk. Trash talk mode is OFF for RTSE.

The MWDC organizing committee has worked hard for almost a decade to put on a first rate event, that people look forward to coming to, running their boats, and returning the following year. It gets better every year and we have to work harder every year to make sure that it does.

It hit me on Thursday night of the event what this run has become. We had some very cool people over for hickory BBQ at the house. Mike D'Annibelle, Phil Lipshutz, Richie Stuphen, and many others from different walks of life that chose to attend our little boat performance run. I like that.

What Phil did for the club with the steering wheel, and the speech that he gave about Don Aronow, was something very, very special. Total surprise, we aren't expecting him to do something like that again, but I, and many other's here, want him to come back with his gang and have a good time.

If you can't stand that someone else has a cool boat, tricked out to the max, and wants to come run it with us at the premiere, small boat rally of the year, then don't plan on coming again.

I, for one, am worn out on busting the Cig and Stuphen Boy's chops. So please, stop doing it.

The Hedgehog
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
HH, and others. I love trash talk, pushing it, having a little fun at someone else's expense, and busting chops. I even campaigned and convinced the guys to make this year's theme boat, the ZX. And look what we get in return?
But.
This is NOT trash talk. Trash talk mode is OFF for RTSE.
The MWDC organizing committee has worked hard for almost a decade to put on a first rate event, that people look forward to coming to, running their boats, and returning the following year. It gets better every year and we have to work harder every year to make sure that it does.
It hit me on Thursday night of the event what this run has become. We had some very cool people over for hickory BBQ at the house. Mike D'Annibelle, Phil Lipshutz, Richie Stuphen, and many others from different walks of life that chose to attend our little boat performance run. I like that.
What Phil did for the club with the steering wheel, and the speech that he gave about Don Aronow, was something very, very special. Total surprise, we aren't expecting him to do something like that again, but I, and many other's here, want him to come back with his gang and have a good time.
If you can't stand that someone else has a cool boat, tricked out to the max, and wants to come run it with us at the premiere, small boat rally of the year, then don't plan on coming again.
I, for one, am worn out on busting the Cig and Stuphen Boy's chops. So please, stop doing it.

Easy there SE,

Once again, getting back to the joking nature of the thread. And this is NOT a serious thread.

A: I am the one that said that Phil had the best turned out boat in the event

B: I think that it was cool as hell that the Sutphen guys were there. I told them so and gave them one heck of a public plug on OSO. It is under the Sutphen section.

C: If I did not think that what Phil did was incredibly cool I would not have been the second highest bid on the wheel. The truth be told, if I had been sober I would have bid higher but I was scared of waking up the next day with a $5k wheel and who knows how much engine damage. I thanked Phil personally and told him how cool I thought it was.

D: I would love to own a Cig 20. Especially one done by Phil

E: I don't harbor jealousy over other toys. I just want a ride in them. Anyone that knows me, knows that.

F: I think that it is cool that you did the ZX theme. It speaks volumes about your attitude toward all Donzi's. I have a classic as well and love them all.

Now I will agree only to pick on Blackhawks if we can get back to discussing that guy with the Squeegee that is a "pretty big deal."

roadtrip se
06-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Now I will agree only to pick on Blackhawks if we can get back to discussing that guy with the Squeegee that is a "pretty big deal."

Got it HH. Had to be said. Appreciate your comments. We are on the same page.

Now, what the hell was THE TOM doing there any ways?

The Hedgehog
06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Got it HH. Had to be said. Appreciate your comments. We are on the same page.
Now, what the hell was THE TOM doing there any ways?

That is a GREAT question. Note the squeegee in hand. Don't you think it is kind of early in the day for that activity?

Phil S
06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm a "Dapper Dan"-man..... :wink:

FISHIN SUCKS
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry

Why don't you stick to what you are really good at: not paying close attention. I got you Zed 28 Camaro right here pal:eek: As for the mullet, why don't you watch a few episodes of your 'Trailer Park Boys'I believe you'll find your answer there. Who loves ya, dickweed? I do:)

BUIZILLA
06-03-2009, 08:46 PM

Phil S
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
....actually, Brylcream works ok, but Dapper Dan works better when my blow-dryer is working...:)

Jus' kiddin' around guys...trying to put train back on rails...I know I have no dog in the hunt...have fun with it ! :)

no offense to HH & Shea, but I enjoy reading about ya'lls smack-talkin'...and friendship.

Ghost
06-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm a "Dapper Dan"-man..... :wink:

"I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote. " :)

The Hedgehog
06-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Why don't you stick to what you are really good at: not paying close attention. I got you Zed 28 Camaro right here pal:eek: As for the mullet, why don't you watch a few episodes of your 'Trailer Park Boys'I believe you'll find your answer there. Who loves ya, dickweed? I do:)

Oh chit, I almost fell out of my chair on that one!

The Hedgehog
06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
"I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote. " :)

All right Ghost and Phil,

If you want in, you got it.

Come on in, just remember it is deep.:wink:

BTW Ghost, great job on the shirt!

The Hedgehog
06-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Hey Nancy Grace, you want some of this!

I have heard you mention some of the squeegee talk too!

FISHIN SUCKS
06-04-2009, 06:53 AM

I mean he could not even wait until after dark to get out his squeegee....Tex caught his premature squeeging problem happening on camera at the raft up! And to think that a guy with such a disturbed look tried to accuse Byron and me of kissing:popcorn:
WOW.......where's the decency???? Can anyone give me a heads-up on the picture taking so I can at least suck it in first??? Painful:boggled: Just plain painful. Hey, and just so you know, I was squeege'n for everyone's safety. It rained briefly, and I was doin my duty with the hardware that I keep on board. As for squeege'n the ZR, I was just practicing for when I own one of those someday:kingme:

FISHIN SUCKS
06-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Hey Nancy Grace, you want some of this!

I have heard you mention some of the squeegee talk too!
For those of you who know the movie Office Space: "If things go well tonite, I'm gonna show her my 'O' face, 'Oh, oh, oh, you know, Oh'":eek:

Last Real Texan
06-04-2009, 07:17 AM
For those of you who know the movie Office Space: "If things go well tonite, I'm gonna show her my 'O' face, 'Oh, oh, oh, you know, Oh'":eek:

Nice try there buddy.....Three cheers for our "Squeegee calender boy"....oh by the way add a caption to the photo if you like..." Oh The Humanity "

Tex

FISHIN SUCKS
06-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Nice try there buddy.....Three cheers for our "Squeegee calender boy"....oh by the way add a caption to the photo if you like..." Oh The Humanity "

Tex
So this was your ammunition you were holdin back on??? Pretty good...bad, but good. I have your number and I'm not afraid to use it (I know, I haven't used it yet, I'll give ya a call when I get chance). Calendar Boy..........I feel so dirty, like a Krispy Kreme Calendar Girl, OOOH Baby:shocking:!!!

The Hedgehog
06-04-2009, 08:12 AM
So this was your ammunition you were holdin back on??? Pretty good...bad, but good. I have your number and I'm not afraid to use it (I know, I haven't used it yet, I'll give ya a call when I get chance). Calendar Boy..........I feel so dirty, like a Krispy Kreme Calendar Girl, OOOH Baby:shocking:!!!

It is ok, you have to watch Tex with the camera. It comes out at bad times.

My suggestion, do the same to him. Although he maintains a together appearance, he presents plenty of opportunities for calendar shots as well. He usually has that "supervising" look but pay close attention and he will provide epic opportunities. I have a whole CD full.:shocking:

FISHIN SUCKS
06-04-2009, 08:16 AM
It is ok, you have to watch Tex with the camera. It comes out at bad times.
My suggestion, do the same to him. Although he maintains a together appearance, he presents plenty of opportunities for calendar shots as well. He usually has that "supervising" look but pay close attention and he will provide epic opportunities. I have a whole CD full.:shocking:
I may have to pay you for some of those blackmail photos, Bill:yes:

Last Real Texan
06-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Here Tom I'll throw you a bone...this is one of my famous self portraits..

As for the Hedgehog...remember I have a TON of compromising images of the the often difficult to capture Hedgehog...and most are taken after 9:00 pm we know what that means...

Tex

The Hedgehog
06-04-2009, 09:15 AM

It looks like you won't have to do that!

Yes, I can also be captured doing some pretty silly things after 9:00 pm and noon on Saturdays:pimp:

Last Real Texan
06-04-2009, 02:33 PM
gets the job done....

sweet 16 1966
06-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I try to stay out of the way of you fast talking, mud slinging, high HP, blown smacking machine owners but had to say the first boat back from Lee's Ford was the Red Cig that was hauling azz all the way back- what rain- what logs?? I know cause he was cutting me a path I was not going to lose until a couple miles before Jamestown Marina when he just decided to completely disappear. To the Red Cig who was loading up as I puttered by after putting 32 gal's in- "Much Thanks" for the escort and to dissappear from me at 70 in a short distance must put you at triple digets imo. Do any of you guys believe they will not be in front if need be?
I'm just saying- we had a great combination of folks and boats and it just works!
Donzi-
Sutphen- http://www.sutphenboats.com/index.htm
Cigs-http://www.lipship.com/about/about_fr.html

The Hedgehog
06-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Who do yu think you are injecting reality into HH's fantasy post?? :kingme: :kingme: :yes::yes:

No Joke! I mean come on, let the guy with the broken hairdryer feel good about himself for a little while. That is just plain wrong!:shocking:

I am off to take some more measurements on the X-18, finish my conversation with Rik from Arneson and.......well does anyone want a 26ZX that is well decked out but has a 383 Mag:shocking:?