PDA

View Full Version : Kind of odd

Last Real Texan
05-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Was thinking about some stuff this morning, about how the classics are how we all got here and it is the root of the board and so on ....I agree 100 % on this. But I was looking back at my Auction purchases....a $100 sticker.....amongst some other things and noticed the Donzi.net decal I got ....it is a ZR comp....should it be a classic on this sticker? seems kind of odd...

Tex

VetteLT193
05-27-2009, 08:39 AM
I said the same thing a while back.

It also doesn't help that I think the Comp is butt ugly. A regular 38 ZR would have been nice.

Marlin275
05-27-2009, 09:00 AM
the classics are how we all got here and it is the root of the board and so on ....I agree 100 % on this. ...should it be a classic on this sticker? seems kind of odd...
Tex

This site started out as "The Classic Donzi Registry"
As an attempt to open up the audience
"Classic" was dropped years ago.

The ZR Comp was used to show Donzi returning to it's heritage
as a World Record Racing Winner.
This enhances the classic image.

BigGrizzly
05-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Actually I have seen some nice butts.

Last Real Texan
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
This site started out as "The Classic Donzi Registry"
As an attempt to open up the audience
"Classic" was dropped years ago.

The ZR Comp was used to show Donzi returning to it's heritage
of a World Record Racing Winner.
This enhances the classic image.
Got it.

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Actually I have seen some nice butts.

Great response. That is exactly what I was thinking.

Last Tango
05-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Having been on this board a couple days myself, I have seen many items that did not display a specific Classic or ZX for a basic reason. In the early days, when there were few of us, it was still hard to get a consensus on which boat logo to use on certain items. The Classic folks could not agree on WHICH Classic should be depicted i.e. 16/18/22/X/early/current/red/yellow/blue/white and the Z/ZX/ZR/ZF folks wondered why their boat was not the choice, etc. etc.
So, often in the interest of appealing to as many as possible or none at all, the 38ZR was chosen because there was only one example at the time, and the factory still owned it. And as stated very clearly above, it was the symbol of our past, present, and future in performance boating. Like it or not, the general membership was happier with that than with any one specific "other" Donzi.

glashole
05-27-2009, 10:53 AM
almost as hard as those guys in kentucky deciding upon a feature boat

you just go with the flow and hope our fearless leaders make the right decisions that affect all of us

Cuda
05-27-2009, 03:03 PM
If money wasn't an issue (and it always is), a 38 ZRC is exactly what would be hauling my narrow azz around! :)