PDA

View Full Version : Still love this photo....

Last Real Texan
05-27-2009, 08:13 AM
how do you top this? it is not possible...the X-18 at its finest

Tex

Just Say N20
05-27-2009, 08:23 AM
You can still download the above picture and have your very own copy. Worth having :yes:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/streb2005/GEO.jpg

widowmaker
05-27-2009, 09:02 PM
That picture has been the wallpaper on my office computer for the last two years.

Jraysray
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Is there a story behind the shot? Where when and what did he launch off? Did he stick it? :)

BERTRAM BOY
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
It was taken at the hometown rally in Sarasota by a helicopter photographer.

catch 22
05-28-2009, 07:10 AM
This one's pretty cool also. Taken the same time & place.

Last Real Texan
05-28-2009, 07:22 AM
This one's pretty cool also. Taken the same time & place.
Catch , you ARE alive, how's it goin?

catch 22
05-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Catch , you ARE alive, how's it goin?
We're still kickin. Everything is doing good. Couldn't make it to AOTH this year due to work schedule:frown::frown:. It's been real busy:nilly:. Hope to make it there next year:yes::crossfing:. Boats going down to Dollar in a couple of weeks to have the cylinder heads freshened up. Just a little p/m work. Ill try not to stay away so long. I have a lot of catching up to do around here, a lot going on. Jim

catch 22
05-28-2009, 08:31 PM
:boggled::boggled:

DonziJon
05-29-2009, 09:39 AM
I keep this thread (Below) in my favorites so I can look at every once in awhile. My favorite shot is the Business End of that rig. Check out the VIDEOS that Lenny provided in Post #46 "for those who havn't seen it run". :yes: John

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42033&highlight=mighty+mouse

Marlin275
05-29-2009, 10:08 AM
What happened to this boat?
Who bought it?
Why is it a secret?

I like how there is no crazy music in these videos
I just want to hear that engine wind up tighter than anything this side of drag racing.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Donzivideo1.wmv

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Donzivideo2.wmv

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Radarshootout.wmv

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Enginedyno.wmv

Just Say N20
05-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Who bought it?
Why is it a secret?

I have often wondered these things myself?

RedDog
05-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Who bought it?
Why is it a secret?

I've had the same questions for a long time...

But then at AOTH, I well ...

"I know nothing! Nothing!"

roadtrip se
05-29-2009, 10:57 AM
You have now entered the "Clique" and I know how hard you work to stay away from the things...

It's the "I-attend-a-rally-every-year-and-get-to-know-people-so-they-share-things-with-me" Clique.

Yes, even I, "The-you-don't-have-a-running-Donzi-so-you-aren't-allowed-to-play-in-the-trash-talk-reindeer-games" Clique of One, know what is going on.

Why? Yep. The Event Clique...

Tex, keep coming and we might include you...

The Hedgehog
05-29-2009, 11:04 AM
You have now entered the "Clique" and I know how hard you work to stay away from the things...
It's the "I-attend-a-rally-every-year-and-get-to-know-people-so-they-share-things-with-me" Clique.
Yes, even I, "The-you-don't-have-a-running-Donzi-so-you-aren't-allowed-to-play-in-the-trash-talk-reindeer-games" Clique of One, know what is going on.
Why? Yep. The Event Clique...
Tex, keep coming and we might include you...

Then there is the "I broke something at a Donzi event" clique. A very special circle. Really more of a Brotherhood.

Last Real Texan
05-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Then there is the "I broke something at a Donzi event" clique. A very special circle. Really more of a Brotherhood.
Yes... but I hear the initiation fee can quite exspensive:smash:

roadtrip se
05-29-2009, 12:58 PM

As the "I-break-Bravos" branch of this clique, I have received more unsolicited advice about how to drive, the use of rubber hubs on the XZ/XR combo, and throttling technique than I could ever wish for.

It is like I joined the "You-are-a-moron-who-breaks-stuff-on-purpose" Jelly Club of the Month program.

Funny thing, I have owned and run performance boats since 1992, but break stuff at a rally and you ARE somebody special....

harbormaster
05-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Chris Allard.....

RedDog
05-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Chris Allard.....

hummm... your technique is kinda like a flushing bird dog. you need to refine your efforts - maybe a pointer or english setter is in order

boxy
05-29-2009, 02:33 PM
As the "I-break-Bravos" branch of this clique, I have received more unsolicited advice about how to drive, the use of rubber hubs on the XZ/XR combo, and throttling technique than I could ever wish for.
It is like I joined the "You-are-a-moron-who-breaks-stuff-on-purpose" Jelly Club of the Month program.
Funny thing, I have owned and run performance boats since 1992, but break stuff at a rally and you ARE somebody special....

A few well placed shims will make all of your problems go away ...

boxy
05-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Chris Allard.....
Fran Tarkington.....

Is this sort of like the Song Chain thread, but we're just going to throw out random names ????

Marlin275
05-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Who bought it?
Why is it a secret?

Chris Allard.....

Thanks for the answer Scott
The innuendo was gettig real old around here.

So this means that the Donzi factory has it's hands all over that boat
trying to figure how to bring the X-18 magic back
in a high performance package? :)

roadtrip se
05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
The Category is: Current Mighty Mouse Owners.

Answer is: Chris Allard

"Big buzzer sound".

Anyone care to play again?

I'll take Jimmy Hoffa for $1000, as he is buried in my backyard somewheres...

DonziJon
05-29-2009, 04:35 PM

So this means that the Donzi factory has it's hands all over that boat
trying to figure how to bring the X-18 magic back
in a high performance package? :)

Now there's an idea. Do you think Donzi would have enough forthought to do that. I was thinking maybe the boat is in storage at the Smithsonian. I've seen it happen. John

roadtrip se
05-29-2009, 04:39 PM
fricking shims...

Mine are always painted in gold...

boxy
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM
fricking shims...
Mine are always painted in gold...

Do you keep your shims in a flower POTT????

BUIZILLA
05-29-2009, 05:20 PM
:) wrong answer.... :outtahere:

BigGrizzly
05-29-2009, 06:01 PM
"Why the secret", does it really matter? Maybe to keep it from going to an endless thread, titled when is it going to be done, or what is wrong, etc.

RedDog
05-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I think Mighty Mouse has been put away, shrouded in a silver blanket much like what would be needed to keep Count Dracula sealed away to protect the innocent...