PDA

View Full Version : Is she blowing smoke, or should I believe her?

gold-n-rod
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I was gassing up my boat on Sunday morning and an old lady yelled over, "Hey, is that a Donzi?" I stopped filling and walked over and told her she was correct. She replied, "I used to know Don Aronow!" She didn't know he'd been murdered, and when I told her some suggest the mafia may have had a hand in it, she laughed.

So, I have no reason the doubt her; not many ordinary folk can correctly make the connection of Aronow to Donzi. As I said, I knew the woman from years back and she's led a very "storied" life, so it's certainly within the realm of possibilities.

I've had some strange fueling stop conversations about the boat, but this one was unusually weird. :bonk:

hardcrab
05-26-2009, 04:36 PM
As I said, I knew the woman from years back and she's led a very "storied" life, so it's certainly within the realm of possibilities.
:bonk:

Do Tell ..................... !

:popcorn:

txtaz
05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
When I was a kid, my Dad put me to work at the restaurant at our marina. I had a lady come in and order. When she was done I asked her name for the ticket, she said ZZ Top. I looked at her and said no way. She pulled out her wallet and a literal sting of photos rolled out. She claimed to be Billy Gibbons Mom from Houston.

Maybe she was a wacked out fan, Who knows, she paid the bill.

Other stories?

Cuda
05-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I met an old guy who had an Apache for sale in front of his business in Tarpon Springs. When I stopped to ask him about it, he pulled out an old business card that said Don Aronow on it. He said he knew Don, and I have no reason to doubt him.