PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock carb question

mikev
05-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey guys I have the 600cfm vacuum secondary edelbrock AKA webber carb. It runs and works great but when I run through a lot of rough water or jumping waves ect when I get done and am running at idle it surges real bad up and I cant get it to go away. It has been doing it for a while but most of the time I go out when its not rough so not an issue. I think it would be a float setting to high or to low maybe? anyone go any ideas besides junk it and get a better carb?

mrfixxall
05-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey guys I have the 600cfm vacuum secondary edelbrock AKA webber carb. It runs and works great but when I run through a lot of rough water or jumping waves ect when I get done and am running at idle it surges real bad up and I cant get it to go away. It has been doing it for a while but most of the time I go out when its not rough so not an issue. I think it would be a float setting to high or to low maybe? anyone go any ideas besides junk it and get a better carb?

check for a vacume leak! around the baseplate,intake manifold bolts loose? also if the air fuel screws are turned out to far it may surge to.

Donziweasel
05-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Fixall is right, check for a vacuum leak. Easiest way is to take some brake cleaner and spray it around the manifold and where the carb bolts to the manifold.

About the floats, not a bad idea to set them annually, fairly easy on the Edelbrock.

Edelbrocks are not liked by some, but I prefer them in many ways to lets say a Holley. For me, changing altitude alot, I can change the jets in less than 5 minutes on a Edelbrock. Much more time for a Holley. Edel is a good carb and should run fine if setup right.

BigGrizzly
05-26-2009, 03:27 PM
actually you are dropping the needles They have a kit for this. Very common on the off road circuit.

mikev
05-26-2009, 03:57 PM
so i need to get this #1465 spring loaded needle and seat?

BigGrizzly
05-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Yes. I will help greatly. Holley has the issue if jetted too rich too

mikev
05-27-2009, 10:24 AM
ordered it from summit racing today. gotta love the internet.

BigGrizzly
05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
I drove down there Saturday. It was fun to go looking and get what I need and go home. This is not something I always do but is cool once in a while.