PDA

View Full Version : Seat Broke!

JeffH
05-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Hey guys,

The base of the passenger seat broke and I need a new one. Does any body know where I can get one? It is the base to a bucket seat (the piece that bolts to the floor) on a 1997 18 c. I would presume they aren't any different than the 22?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Ranman
05-26-2009, 11:06 AM
If it is a cast aluminum seat slider that mounts between the bottom of the bucket and the top of the raised seat base, do a search on the board for "seat sliders", "Garelick", "Springfield", etc to get the info you need.

The original cast sliders are junk. There is an extruded aluminum version available from Springfield that is better, but I destroyed several of those as well.

The best solution is a beefier extruded aluminum unit from Garelick. Many of us here have upgraded to the Garelicks and are happe with them, me included. BTW, my boat is a 97 18 Classic as well.

ITTLFLI
05-26-2009, 12:05 PM
I have a set I just took out of my 22. One of the 2 is broken but 1 is still good. I can take a picture if you want to see what it looks like....

JeffH
05-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks Ranman...Ittlefly, I would be interested in your seat base as I only put about 15 hours a year on the boat...mostly in calm water (also spent 6k on a new engine...so I'm tired of spending money).

If it is the same we can work a deal!

Thanks, post a pic.

Jeff

ITTLFLI
05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Okay...I took a look and the one good one is tweaked but usable......you can see it on the left when i am holding it up.

The last pic is of the part number. They are springfields....

Price = donation to board...:)

JeffH
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
That looks like the part...I'll confirm when I get home. I don't need the piece that attaches to the seat.

By tweaked you mean the "curved" piece on each side?

I guess that means I would mot be able to slide it all the way back? I guess that wouldn't matter.

Thanks, I'll get back with you in the AM.

Jeff