PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Vol Captured By Pirates

RedDog
05-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Lets see if he'll confess to the full story...

What you see is far from the full story! :nilly::nilly::nilly:

gcarter
05-24-2009, 12:51 PM
I never have figured out how some people can push a rope like that!:)

It must be similar to those guys in India that can climb a rope!!!:yes::)

Whatever, it still beats this...:boat:

Donzi Vol
05-24-2009, 01:10 PM
HA! I knew yesterday's events would make it on here somehow. Thanks to RedDog and Deb for the pics! Well first off, it looks like my roommate is making out with the girl I brought along in that first picture. Hmmm...might have to address that. The second picture is after I ran the battery down trying to get the little 16 started because of a fuel issue (or maybe operator error).

However, the full story of the pirates, which I'm sure RedDog is alluding to is that we left the boat tied to a navigational bouy in the river while we enjoyed the sunshine in the cove. Well apparently you're not supposed to do that, because when we returned to retrieve that boat it was gone. As you could imagine, my heart sank as I was trying to figure out how to explain this to Uncle Tommy and the insurance company. Thankfully, Tim has one of those real fast Donzi's and we caught up to the boat that was pulling it down the river. It was the Sherriff. I figured I was going to jail as the new sticker wasn't on the boat yet, but they just untied it and started asking us questions about Donzi's. And so it became a pirate story because my roommate was sure that it was pirates who were responsible for the fiasco.

Oh the joys of boating...

Donzi Racer
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM
HA! I knew yesterday's events would make it on here somehow. Thanks to RedDog and Deb for the pics! Well first off, it looks like my roommate is making out with the girl I brought along in that first picture. Hmmm...might have to address that. The second picture is after I ran the battery down trying to get the little 16 started because of a fuel issue (or maybe operator error).

However, the full story of the pirates, which I'm sure RedDog is alluding to is that we left the boat tied to a navigational bouy in the river while we enjoyed the sunshine in the cove. Well apparently you're not supposed to do that, because when we returned to retrieve that boat it was gone. As you could imagine, my heart sank as I was trying to figure out how to explain this to Uncle Tommy and the insurance company. Thankfully, Tim has one of those real fast Donzi's and we caught up to the boat that was pulling it down the river. It was the Sherriff. I figured I was going to jail as the new sticker wasn't on the boat yet, but they just untied it and started asking us questions about Donzi's. And so it became a pirate story because my roommate was sure that it was pirates who were responsible for the fiasco.

Are you sure you did not leave something electrical on while you were getting sun? Thanks Tim & Deb for saving my boat and my nephew from a sure firing squad! Just curious, did you leave the keys in the boat while it was tied up? hmm? Tom

Donzi Vol
05-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Are you sure you did not leave something electrical on while you were getting sun? Thanks Tim & Deb for saving my boat and my nephew from a sure firing squad! Just curious, did you leave the keys in the boat while it was tied up? hmm? Tom

Oh you know me better than that! I had the keys in my pocket the whole time. And don't worry...I wouldn't have let her get away. I just thought we were going to have a good old fashioned Tennessee beat down!

The Hedgehog
05-25-2009, 09:10 AM

It is not the first pic that looks like something wrong is happening. Look again!

Donzi Vol
05-25-2009, 09:35 AM
It is not the first pic that looks like something wrong is happening. Look again!

LOL! Yeah, that does look pretty bad. Pretty sure I would have noticed that, though.

Tom Smith
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
David, never let a wolf in the back seat with your gal, unless he has the keys to the beer cooler. Glad Uncle Tom is OK with the sheriff pirates. Your heart must have stopped beating when you saw the boat gone. Honestly aunt Rose, I tied that knot real tight, honest I did.
Tom, in somewhat sunny NC.
PS: Just found another Donzi in the river over here. A white and red 22 footer with a 502 in the trunk. Haven't met up with him just yet, but he knows I'm here. My dock is being rebuilt next week so Howard O and I will be launching my 18 real soon. Uncle Tom called it Bluebird in his last message to me. Kinda like that name. What ya think.. TJS

Donzi Vol
05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
David, never let a wolf in the back seat with your gal, unless he has the keys to the beer cooler. Glad Uncle Tom is OK with the sheriff pirates. Your heart must have stopped beating when you saw the boat gone. Honestly aunt Rose, I tied that knot real tight, honest I did.
Tom, in somewhat sunny NC.
PS: Just found another Donzi in the river over here. A white and red 22 footer with a 502 in the trunk. Haven't met up with him just yet, but he knows I'm here. My dock is being rebuilt next week so Howard O and I will be launching my 18 real soon. Uncle Tom called it Bluebird in his last message to me. Kinda like that name. What ya think.. TJS

Bluebird has a cool ring to it. I like it. Hope you and Howard have a good time. I really miss your boat, by the way. The outboard is fun as heck, but nothing like a V8 behind you! Now get off the computer an in the Donzi!

Good hearing from you, Tom. Take care and tell Elaine hello us.