PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Fisherman New to Go-Fast Boats

Reeltime
05-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey there folks,

Im VERY new to go-fast boats but always liked the looks of the Donzi Classics, something to be said about a design that can stand the test of time. Being a "newby" to this forum as well as Go-Fast Boats..some guys advertise their boat as a Classic and others as a 2+3. In my limited knowledge, they appear to be one of the same. Please let me know if Im off here. My plans are to buy a 22', one that needs a new motor/outdrive, if theyre out there!. I've restored several offshore classics..25 Bertram and 29 Blackfin Combi...23 Seacraft...41 Egg Harbor (NEVER AGAIN THIS BIG) . I've alway had diesel fishing boats in the past, so anything above 24-25 knots is fast. This is going to be the family "fun" boat. Thanks for reading.

Reeltime

VetteLT193
05-23-2009, 02:13 PM
The 22 Classic and 2+3 are the same.

They are fun boats. The family aspect, they are on the tight side, but still fun.

You do find a 22 now and again that needs to be re-powered. I suggest taking your time. Or, buying one with low power and run it, then power it with what you want after you get experience with it.

My experience is a bit like yours... I wound up with a Minx after looking. They are nice too, 20' and a bit more freeboard than a 22. They are all good. Check for hull integrity and do a bunch of research here first. gcarter has some of the best tear down and rebuild threads you find here, read them before buying and you'll know the boat inside and out.

Reeltime
05-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank you for your help..I did look at his rebuild...nice work!