PDA

View Full Version : Campion Smack-down!!!!!!

fogducker III
05-23-2009, 10:30 AM
So after our "fresh" water outing I was itching for some salt water running, so I took my other half's (Jacqui) son out yesterday. We went to the ramp at Sidney and as we launched, two Campion Chase boats launched as well......two guys in one boat and three in the other, all were young and covered in tattoos......:cool: seemed OK but were drinking and smoking funny stuff right at the dock......:smash:

One guy looked over at us and said, "Couldn't you guys find a lake......?"........ I guess he thought the Donzi was a lake boat only...:bonk:

Both drivers were keen to tell me the power they had in their boats, one a 454 and the other a brand new 502........nice motor, shame about the boat..............:tongue: They asked me what I was running, I told them it was only a small block 350........:lookaroun:

They asked where we were headed, I said Pender Island, they had no clue where that was, nor where they were at currently.....:boggled:

They headed out at full throttle.......I waited for a little while, got slowly on a plane and carefully followed them towards the Sidney Spit.........when we got about 200' off their port quarter I opened her up and strolled by them, should have seen their faces........:eek:

We kept going and had a fun day out, leaving them well in our wake............:canada:

Hope you all have a safe, fun weekend.....:popcorn:

Marlin275
05-23-2009, 10:42 AM
"Couldn't you guys find a lake......?"........ I guess he thought the Donzi was a lake boat only...:bonk:

lake boat . . . Ha

I have to hunt for waves on my New Hampshire lake.
The wildest day up there is like a mild day on the Hudson.
it is too much boat for most lakes!

Lenny
05-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Jeremy, I saw one of the Campion Chases go to launch.

Good on ya :D

Most people around here have no idea... period

On another fron, I posted my old 12' Gunkholer aluminum boat for sale last night. (8pm on the net) Well, at about 9am this morning it was gone :) cash in hand.

So, there is a tidy little sum for a Garmin/controls/wheel/Teleflex for the new aluminum. :)

I will call you if I get $crewed up in the rigging of this thing.

Thanx, and keep on spanking.

Carl C
05-23-2009, 02:34 PM
:cool!::cool!:................:cool::cool:

BigGrizzly
05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
You old farts keep picking on little kids, Your as bad as Garry's Dad.

Lenny
05-23-2009, 09:18 PM
You old farts keep picking on little kids, Your as bad as Garry's Dad.

Grizz, these kids are in their 40's as are we... fair game :D

BigGrizzly
05-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Lenny, I am old enough to be their father, hopefully I am not:nilly::nilly: Garry's 87 year old dad hunts down the kids at the cruse nights, in his truck, car etc.:)