PDA

View Full Version : Texas Roundup 2009. Possum Kingdom

txtaz
05-22-2009, 08:43 AM
It's time for Texans to come together (others are welcome as well) for a weekend of great boating and friends. Saturday night we will have a BBQ feast featuring the famous Farmer. And maybe we can get el Jefe and his outstanding concoctions to make an appearance.

This year we will have a poker run. It will be a best of hand wins, so speed is not a factor. The entry fee is $20 per boat and the winner takes 50%. The rest will be donated to the Graham Volunteer Fire Department. If others would like to just donate to the Fire Dept, that would be great.

I could use about 5 volunteers to help hand out cards. This will be a best of 7 cards wins and the final cards will be given out at Hells Gate. The winner will be determined at the BBQ.

The dates are set for September 18, 19 and 20th at Bass Hollow on Possum Kingdom Lake.

Reservation can be made by calling Sue at 940 549-0104.

http://www.basshollow.com/rates.asp

Let's make this the best roundup yet.

Edit: Daryl has made shirts in the past but he hasn't been active in a while. If someone has his contact info, please pm me.

txtaz
05-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Also, if anyone has a Garmin GPSMAP I will have the gps coordinates and route for the poker run and will post them here.

Team Jefe
05-29-2009, 08:42 AM
So Taz...what you are saying is that the Farmer, HM and I can count on YOU to show up this year:lookaroun:

And yes, I will be cooking some kinda food...which I will make up as I go along like always. One thing is for sure, if you go hungry at PK its your own fault.

Just talked to Sue....Team Jefe is in Room 201

txtaz
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Ha! Harrass me Ol' "David Reed" in room 201. Ahahaha. You might want to talk to Sue again and get the name correct. AND we are in 208 allllllll the way on the other end to stay away from the ruckus unless those boys from Chicago show up and then the WHOLE lake will be a ruckus. :yes:

We will be there on Friday. Time TBD based on work. It should smooth out by then so maybe 11ish.

Who knows the names of the marina just outside the cove of Bass Hollow heading NW, first cove on the left? And then there is one down by Hell's Gate, not The Cliffs, it's on the N side of the lake. I need these two to finish out the poker run route.

See you there El' Brother Jefe in your red bikini, uhm, erh, I mean with your red bikini team.:)

farmer tx
05-29-2009, 11:23 PM
The other two lodges are Possum Hollow, and Fox Hollow. Fow is on the left leaving Bass, Possum is on the left just past Fox and has quite a long no wake zone to the docks and restaurant.

Jraysray
06-24-2009, 11:01 PM
May I say I (we) are warming up to the idea of attending? Cause I am after WES called me a USSY at Lake Travis. Hmm got a slow boat but a crazy wife so there needs to be some type of offset. If I let her rip you got to deal with it! :0) Kidding hun!

Just keep us posted.

Trueser
06-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Ha! Harrass me Ol' "David Reed" in room 201. Ahahaha. You might want to talk to Sue again and get the name correct. AND we are in 208 allllllll the way on the other end to stay away from the ruckus unless those boys from Chicago show up and then the WHOLE lake will be a ruckus. :yes:

We will be there on Friday. Time TBD based on work. It should smooth out by then so maybe 11ish.

Who knows the names of the marina just outside the cove of Bass Hollow heading NW, first cove on the left? And then there is one down by Hell's Gate, not The Cliffs, it's on the N side of the lake. I need these two to finish out the poker run route.

See you there El' Brother Jefe in your red bikini, uhm, erh, I mean with your red bikini team.:)

what did we do????????????????????

Lenny
06-25-2009, 12:48 AM
what did we do????????????????????
This seems like a "Scotch" comment Mike... :yes:

I am thinking we ( Deneen and I ) will do this as well. NO BOAT. maybe, but as now, NO BOAT. Then we go to Miami, hang out, then on to Key West, some lap-dances, ( my treat as I owe him, BUDMAN ) then to the WORLDS and "Hang with the Gang" for 4-5, then on to Cancun... :D ... short time frame...

But I am a trooper and I will do my best :D

:tongue:

Anyone seen a liver on Google ???

...or a brain ??? ...

Lenny
06-25-2009, 01:04 AM
It's time for Texans to come together (others are welcome as well) for a weekend of great boating and friends. Saturday night we will have a BBQ feast featuring the famous Farmer. And maybe we can get el Jefe and his outstanding concoctions to make an appearance.

This year we will have a poker run. It will be a best of hand wins, so speed is not a factor. The entry fee is $20 per boat and the winner takes 50%. The rest will be donated to the Graham Volunteer Fire Department. If others would like to just donate to the Fire Dept, that would be great.

I could use about 5 volunteers to help hand out cards. This will be a best of 7 cards wins and the final cards will be given out at Hells Gate. The winner will be determined at the BBQ.

The dates are set for September 18, 19 and 20th at Bass Hollow on Possum Kingdom Lake.

Reservation can be made by calling Sue at 940 549-0104.

http://www.basshollow.com/rates.asp

Let's make this the best roundup yet.

Edit: Daryl has made shirts in the past but he hasn't been active in a while. If someone has his contact info, please pm me.

...Whatever, believe it or not, "TEXAS" is ( if Deneen and I were "removed" from Canada) where we would live someday. No question.

I have driven almost every State in the USA, seen a whole lot a "Rossie" ( ACDC) and I much prefer (personally) TEXAS, California a close second. The North (TEXAS) or the South ( so VERY much different) are wilder than any other State in your Country. The North being our favorite... :yes:

:)

No doubt, your COUNTRY is cool, but some things stand out to us Westerners... as do places ... and people...

Mark/Polley, when we picken' cotton ???

Talk to me, ( and Deneen) :)

WES we are ALL ears... :yes: I gotta work on my "accent" again :rolleyes: :D

txtaz
06-25-2009, 06:18 AM
This seems like a "Scotch" comment Mike... :yes:

No more scotch moments for me. Haven't touched it in years. I like it toooooo much.

Glad to see people getting excited. This is definitely an event to attend. Great lake, great people and great food.

And Jraysray we might find a few big boat wakes to practice jumping. A crazy wife is a benefit in cases like this. Be a pal and install a grab handle and ALWAYS, ALWAYS yell WAKE!!! I always forget that one and get yelled at letter.:nilly:

I'm swamped at work for the next month or so. I should have the final details worked out for the poker run and will post them.

This is going to be fun.

Trueser
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
I think it has something to do with Gus and his strange ability to photograph body builders.

Team Jefe
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
for those that were expecting a Jefe Supper at AOTH...come on because its going to be On Like Donkey Kong at PK. We're pulling out all the stops...

...Not much of an incintive, but I'm trying...now If my job will just settle down and cooperate:nilly:

Jraysray
06-25-2009, 10:28 PM
As I am in the middle of a mad rush to get the oil back in my engine and out of the bilge prior to the 4th of July, I'm sure we will be ready for PK. Need to start planning.

Jeannette has been eyeballing the good ol' 2010 Camaro SS. She deserves it, bust her ass she does. So I better start counting the change around here. Point being is that we were on $$ lockdown.

That Dave Ramsey plan looks to be delayed for a while. so screw it count us in! The 4.5 hour drive might be a bitch though! ;)

Oh yeah, glad to see jefe is back. Hate not seeing you at work man.

Trueser
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
We need to push Mark and make sure he has the Crit completed for this event!

txtaz
06-26-2009, 06:55 PM
If you guys want to go out and do all the work again, I could easily be talked into coming out and playing coffee, parts n hardware chaser again..
I've gotten pretty familiar with Plainview by now :eek:

How about learning Graham and PK? We would love to have you and Heidi come over.

Anyone interested in shirts this year?

And for food....If we could get that canuck to stoke the firebox at 6am, I'll do the eggs, hash, sausage and bacon. I can see it now, an Oak smoke breakfast unless someone with Hickory decides to come down with a de-weeded flower pot.

Trueser
06-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Scot,
I may be bring the Scorpion down and have plenty of room. Not sure if MBeth will be able to make it. Looks like she is going to start a new job.

On the other hand I do have 5 plus weeks of vacation I need to burn.

I will call you this week.

Let's see how much work Mark got done since we left...

BigGrizzly
08-05-2009, 02:11 PM
We are seriously considering going to the Texas Round up. Questions are will you guys let a yankee come to the event, 2) do I have to bring a boat 3) should I bring any props?

txtaz
08-05-2009, 06:03 PM
We are seriously considering going to the Texas Round up. Questions are will you guys let a yankee come to the event, 2) do I have to bring a boat 3) should I bring any props?

Griz, You are welcome anytime, boat or no boat. You can join the gang razzing me for having a "bass" boat.

Hope to see you there. It would be nice seeing you again.

BigGrizzly
08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Well, It looks like we will be traveling to Texas. As for the boat it is up in the air. a good friend offered me and lady Grizzly a se3atonam30 foot egg beater boat. Now for the rom thing. Called and Sue was not there. Will call tomorrow.

Team Jefe
08-05-2009, 09:44 PM
eeg beaters....you mean the boat with real BOAT motors instead of car motors trying to be boat motors:wink:

BigGrizzly
08-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Well, the high command has issued work orders. First order is get the room- completed. Now the big decision will if we bring a boat. It is a long haul so it all depends on my physical well being. I will bring some TXP props and maybe a Turbo1, just because that is what I do. So let the games begin. I have never been to the Possum kingdom, so this may be a good thing. Does any body have the GPS coordinates for the Bass Hollow motel so I can get there.? A new adventure for the Grizzly's

Trueser
08-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, the high command has issued work orders. First order is get the room- completed. Now the big decision will if we bring a boat. It is a long haul so it all depends on my physical well being. I will bring some TXP props and maybe a Turbo1, just because that is what I do. So let the games begin. I have never been to the Possum kingdom, so this may be a good thing. Does any body have the GPS coordinates for the Bass Hollow motel so I can get there.? A new adventure for the Grizzly's

Bring the boat!!!!!

This will give Mark some incentive to get his going... Maybe we have to fly to his house and push him.......

Poodle/Jim I will have space available in the Scorp!

BUIZILLA
08-06-2009, 10:20 AM
:troll:

fegettes
08-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Just made our reservation for room 207.

Will there be water in the lake when we get there?

Steve and Melinda

Team Jefe
08-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Grizz. from your house to Bass Hollow

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Lakewood+Dr&daddr=FM-1287+to:FM-1148+to:32.90056,-98.556204&geocode=FYoDDAIdBm_--g%3BFeIW9gEdPrcf-g%3BFRL79QEdhskf-g%3B&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=3&sz=15&via=1,2&sll=32.901209,-98.553886&sspn=0.016971,0.027509&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

harbormaster
08-07-2009, 03:50 AM
I will definitely be there with the Donzi. I have a shirt design that has not been used. I will get it together.

fegettes
08-07-2009, 07:03 AM
I will definitely be there with the Donzi. I have a shirt design that has not been used. I will get it together.

What's with this "I" stuff? Where is Kim?

txtaz
08-07-2009, 09:08 PM

Nice.
Is anyone interested in the poker run? Or should we just play it by ear?

BigGrizzly
08-08-2009, 09:05 AM
At this point I am bringing props, the wife Italian salsa a seance of humor and no boat. I am going to enjoy myself. I want to get the Harbormasters boat as good as I can, kind of a learning experience for both of us.

txtaz
08-08-2009, 12:31 PM
We need a head count for Friday night. I will bring Kobi steaks and potatoes. I just need to know how much. So speak up or go hungry.:)

Team Jefe
08-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Well I will be there Friday and my crew will have 3-4 folks. Plus I know several goo sides that go with Kobi beef.:wink:

BigGrizzly
08-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Big Grizzly and lady Grizzly will be there. Canceling Dustin was not all bad.

fegettes
08-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Melinda and I will be there Friday mid day.

farmer tx
08-09-2009, 10:05 PM
We are coming in Thursday. Count us in.

BigGrizzly
08-10-2009, 10:37 AM
I plan on being ther Thursday also.:yes:

thriller
08-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Hhhmmm. With Wes not drinking Scotch I assume he will be drinking JD?
I have to try and work this whole thing out. travel hotel . Maybe I can crash with Wes again? I have fond memories of this place..

txtaz
08-14-2009, 06:33 PM
OK, I've got 13 maybe 14 for Friday night (counting us) for Kobi steaks and potatoes.

Mike, Come into SA on Thursday night. We'll pick you up, you can stay here, then Friday morning head up to PK. And Mrs. Taz says it's OK to share a room with you. No sense in you having a big room all by yourself. Just no more 3 girls jumping in my bed in the middle of the night.

AND NO SCOTCH OR JD. I want to remember this trip. :bonk:

Hope to see you there.

Who else wants Kobi? HM? (Boy is that a carrot or what?)

Edit: Mike bring 12 pairs of sunglasses this trip.

BigGrizzly
08-16-2009, 10:04 AM
I am new to this PK thing so count me in on everything Please be our guide. I don't know if the crew Jefe talks about includes me or not. So you have to figure that out. I am just driving out and going with the flow.

harbormaster
08-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I will be there, I think Kim has to work.

Team Jefe
08-16-2009, 11:27 PM
so 3-4 with 2 boats in my crew, plus the Grizzly's and we are all in for everything....if you didn't know that you've not been paying attention...my sh!t may be all messed up, but this is the the Texas Roundup baby....JEFE IS IN!!!!

BigGrizzly
08-17-2009, 10:52 AM
That good Jefe take care of us. we are bringing a bunch of TXP props to try for the Texas guys who don't get out much:yes:

jimishooch
08-18-2009, 08:38 AM
have fun everybody. have houseguests that weekend maybe next year.
jim

farmer tx
08-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Sorry you can't make it Jim, maybe next year. Thanks again for all your help.

fegettes
08-20-2009, 06:43 AM
have fun everybody. have houseguests that weekend maybe next year.
jim

....Well, ...bring them. :yes:

jimishooch
08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
....Well, ...bring them. :yes:

wish i could steve but it includes a trip up to san antone.

your welcome mark, wade's gonna have fun with that scarab.

txtaz
08-22-2009, 10:01 AM
OK, I'm going with 15 steaks and potatoes, unless someone else speaks up.

I'm working on getting a Canuck or two to come and maybe a Denverite.

So is anyone interested in doing the poker run? Let me know. I need to finish it if people are interested. If not, I'm going to relax on what little time I have off.

farmer tx
08-22-2009, 10:54 PM
OK, I'm going with 15 steaks and potatoes, unless someone else speaks up.
I'm working on getting a Canuck or two to come and maybe a Denverite.
So is anyone interested in doing the poker run? Let me know. I need to finish it if people are interested. If not, I'm going to relax on what little time I have off.

Relax Wes, A poker run may be too structured for this group.:us-texas::blub::us-texas:

fegettes
09-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Any more Texas boats coming to this event?

It is a great event, towards the end of the season, great location, and more especially, they have water.:shocking:

Steve

harbormaster
09-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I will do A mailout to all texas members....

Trueser
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Reservations made.

28ZX in tow

BigGrizzly
09-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Cool mister T we are looking to this trip even without the boat. With some elements involved it has to stay home- nothing wrong with the boat just the wallet. My co driver wants to do it boatless so she can drive too.

RickSE
09-04-2009, 01:57 PM
We're in, just made our reservations. As long as everything holds together we'll be there mid to late Thursday after stopping overnight in Amarillo and return home on Sunday.

Grizz, do you have any 3-Blade 27's? TXP's??

Trueser
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Great.

This will be the event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trueser
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
So who will be at PK this year?

Trueser and 1

Team Jefe
09-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Team Jefe will be there (that is me and the Revenge these days)...no telling how many in tow:bonk:

farmer tx
09-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Mark & Polly 22-Classic
Wade and family 22- Scarab
Daniel 24- Domin8er

fegettes
09-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Steve and Melinda - Blackhawk

BigGrizzly
09-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Big Grizz and Lady Grizz, we will be riding with Jefe and others- no boat unless the lady changes her mind at the last minute. Wess what size prop do you use on that boat of yours?

RickSE
09-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Myself (Rick), Patti, Kaelan & Elizabeth & possibly Mr. Kracker in our 22C.

txtaz
09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Mr and Mrs Taz and some serious steaks.

Count is up to 16. Please speak up if you want steaks on Friday night.

jimishooch
09-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Mark & Polly 22-Classic
Wade and family 22- Scarab
Daniel 24- Domin8er

ahh, he did buy it after all. how's the scarab working out mark?

Conquistador_del_mar
09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Any more Texas boats coming to this event?

It is a great event, towards the end of the season, great location, and more especially, they have water.:shocking:

Steve

Mr and Mrs Taz and some serious steaks.

Count is up to 16. Please speak up if you want steaks on Friday night.

I have decided that I will try to make it there on Saturday afternoon so I can meet some of you guys and do a little running around with you. I will be bringing my Eliminator since my Donzi is still lacking the upholstery if that is okay. Maybe I can get a cell phone number from a couple of you so I will know where to head out on PK from Bass Hollow when I get there. Unfortunately, I will be missing the Friday night dinner, but at least I can meet you all. Right now, I don't know if Deanna can come with me since her manager just gave her notice yesterday and Deanna might have to fill in for a while. Bill

fegettes
09-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I have decided that I will try to make it there on Saturday afternoon so I can meet some of you guys and do a little running around with you. I will be bringing my Eliminator since my Donzi is still lacking the upholstery if that is okay. Maybe I can get a cell phone number from a couple of you so I will know where to head out on PK from Bass Hollow when I get there. Unfortunately, I will be missing the Friday night dinner, but at least I can meet you all. Right now, I don't know if Deanna can come with me since her manager just gave her notice yesterday and Deanna might have to fill in for a while. Bill

Bill, my cell is: 281-728-1704

And if you miss me and are looking for directions, you can always call Bass Hollow at: 940-549-0104 Bass Hollow would probably be better at giving directions.

Look forward to meeting you.

Steve

Conquistador_del_mar
09-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Bill, my cell is: 281-728-1704

And if you miss me and are looking for directions, you can always call Bass Hollow at: 940-549-0104 Bass Hollow would probably be better at giving directions.

Look forward to meeting you.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. My cell is (903)624-3408 Bill

Trueser
09-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm should be in the water Thurday morning.

farmer tx
09-11-2009, 04:35 PM
ahh, he did buy it after all. how's the scarab working out mark?

Yes, He has done a few things to it and looks OK to me. We tested it Wed on the local lake. 2200' elevation GPS at 56.8. Thought that was about right for the mouse motor. You never know he may hit 60 at PK elevation. He is real proud of it.

farmer tx
09-11-2009, 04:45 PM

Thats about the way it goes, take a vacation then guit your job. Hope Deanna can make it, we didn't get to see much of her when we were there. A little time away is a good thing. Guess you need to send FRANKIE THE KNEE CAP GUY for another visit. We aren't particular what you bring, we had a B--liner the second or third year, all was well after he scraped the decals off the side:shades:

Cell 806 292 0751

txtaz
09-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I have some seriously bad news....

I couldn't get Kobe steaks from the supplier, all he had was Angus. So two cases of Angus is on it's way.

Another bad note: We are finally getting rain. AND the boat is torn up getting some fiberglass work done on the deck supports. It's ready to be glassed in, just needs some dry place to put it. I'm working on it though. I don't want to miss the "egg beater" banter.

Bill, my cell is 210-380-5249. We will have our gps with us so we can give you coordinates.

farmer tx
09-11-2009, 06:29 PM
I couldn't get Kobe steaks from the supplier, all he had was Angus. So two cases of Angus is on it's way.
Another bad note: We are finally getting rain. AND the boat is torn up getting some fiberglass work done on the deck supports. It's ready to be glassed in, just needs some dry place to put it. I'm working on it though. I don't want to miss the "egg beater" banter.
Bill, my cell is 210-380-5249. We will have our gps with us so we can give you coordinates.

Just as long as I don't have to butcher it we are OK. Get that beater going!

Conquistador_del_mar
09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Thats about the way it goes, take a vacation then guit your job. Hope Deanna can make it, we didn't get to see much of her when we were there. A little time away is a good thing. Guess you need to send FRANKIE THE KNEE CAP GUY for another visit. We aren't particular what you bring, we had a B--liner the second or third year, all was well after he scraped the decals off the side:shades:

Cell 806 292 0751

Yep, Deanna's manager is jumping off a cliff in my opinion - hopefully her move works out. I don't want Darrell to get in trouble - that was his call last time. See you in about a week.

Wes, Thanks for your #. I hope the rain lets up by next weekend. Bill

phil9tx
09-12-2009, 08:54 AM
If a newbie is welcome, I'll be there and bring my mystery boat.

Sweet 16/Vance/Splash

fegettes
09-12-2009, 09:38 AM
If a newbie is welcome, I'll be there and bring my mystery boat.

Sweet 16/Vance/Splash

Absolutely, you are welcome. Come on, you will meet some great people and some fine boats. This is what it is all about, meeting some like minded boaters. :nilly:

Steve

BigGrizzly
09-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Wes, what size prop is on your boat.

txtaz
09-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Wes, what size prop is on your boat.

Randy, It has a Lazer 2, 22p and I think it's 13.5". It winds out way to much for my comfort level. Maybe a 5 blade 14", 24 cleaver would be cool???
I'd like to keep the revs to about 6k.

Newbies are more than welcome....BUT beware Phil, it is addictive. Besides we were all newbies at one time. Just don't ride with Randy when he has to go to the bathroom. :shocking: Are you going to be there on Friday? I need to know for the steak count.

Mark, I just checked on the steaks...The are dead. Now are we going to have that big cooker again this year?

farmer tx
09-13-2009, 02:02 AM
:crossfing::salute::us-texas::boat:
Randy, It has a Lazer 2, 22p and I think it's 13.5". It winds out way to much for my comfort level. Maybe a 5 blade 14", 24 cleaver would be cool???
I'd like to keep the revs to about 6k.
Newbies are more than welcome....BUT beware Phil, it is addictive. Besides we were all newbies at one time. Just don't ride with Randy when he has to go to the bathroom. :shocking: Are you going to be there on Friday? I need to know for the steak count.
Mark, I just checked on the steaks...The are dead. Now are we going to have that big cooker again this year?

:drool::us-texas::salute::crossfing:

BigGrizzly
09-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Forgot to ask what engine do you have?

Conquistador_del_mar
09-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Big Grizz and Lady Grizz, we will be riding with Jefe and others- no boat unless the lady changes her mind at the last minute.

Randy,
You are one of the many guys I look forward to meeting at PK. If it works out, you and your wife could ride with me for a while on Sunday. As it turns out, my wife will not be able to come since she is scheduled to work that day. Bill

BigGrizzly
09-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Del Mar The pleasure will be mine. Pleas don't say " I though you would be bigger":angel:

Conquistador_del_mar
09-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Del Mar The pleasure will be mine. Pleas don't say " I though you would be bigger":angel:

You might be saying that about me since I have lost 35lbs since January after a medical scare. I now weigh what I did when I ran cross country in high school almost 40 years ago.
Let's just hope the rain cycle treats us right. We have had over 5" in the past couple days now, and I live 3 hours from PK. See you soon. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
09-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Randy,
You are one of the many guys I look forward to meeting at PK. If it works out, you and your wife could ride with me for a while on Sunday. As it turns out, my wife will not be able to come since she is scheduled to work that day. Bill

I just realized that I said Sunday in my previous post - I meant Saturday. Sometimes I worry about myself - :bonk: Bill

txtaz
09-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Forgot to ask what engine do you have?

It's a 175 Merc XR2. 1990 vintage.

RickSE
09-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately we're going to have to pull out. Long story but essentially we can't leave AZ until Thursday morning, originally intended on leaving mid-day Wednesday. With a 16-hour drive and the loss of 2-hours going East we wouldn't get to PK until early Friday morning. Leaving us time to boat Friday & Saturday then turn around and drive back to AZ on Sunday. At this point it's just too much, if we could leave earlier and break up the drive out we'd come but can't. We'll have to try for next year. Have fun guys and girls, sorry we can't make it.

Team Jefe
09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
That sux big time Rick, you will be missed.

Randy - Really, I DID think you'd be bigger:kingme:

Shopping list is done:
Friday breakfast:
Jefe's world famous tacos (no eggs for Miss Polly) with BigGrizzly stellar salsa...or maybe Wes' steller salsa....I see a taste test coming:yes:

Friday Lunch
Sandwich makings - I am going to be burning fossil fuels:eek:

Friday Supper - Wes is the steak man, but I will bring some asparagus If I can find some to char-grill on the mini cooker:wink:

Saturday Breakfast
Jefe/Wes/Farmer's Galactically famous leftovers tacos - still not Eggs for Polly

Saturday Lunch - still more leftovers

Saturday Supper
Farmer's Famous Brisket and other fun stuff
Butterflied Pork Loin chops stuffed with Cajun Boudin
Crawfish Ettoufee with Dirty Rice
Wine Island Shrimp (beyond discription, but ask Grizz if its good)
Reid Style Green beans - love it (Matt's gonna do that)
and I'm sure I will see something at the store I can't live without, not to mention anything else that gets brought and cooked by the Farmer and others.

Sunday Breakfast - more leftovers tacos and I always make a run to Graham for some awesome fresh made mini cinnamin rolls

Sunday lunch - on your own folks...I will be South bound by then

Can't wait!!!!!!!

Trueser
09-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Im still in ...............................

txtaz
09-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Jeff, No time for salsa this year. I am knee deep in fiberglass getting the boat ready. AND, everybody hold on to your seats, I took this week off to get the boat finished. It will cost me dearly next week I'm sure. Wells Fargo is not a particularly fun client.

Rick, sorry you're not going to make it. We need to meet some day.

If everything keeps on schedule, we could be there in time for Jeff's tacos on Friday morning, steaks in tow.

I do have a request. Someone PLEASE bring tools. I'll bring what will fit in the Jeep. But I have yet to break this boat in. I don't even know if it runs right now.

Oh and if Mr. Tamm decides to show up, NO IT'S NOT WASHED!!!!!

Conquistador_del_mar
09-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I still plan on being there by early Saturday afternoon if the weather will break in our favor. I spent the entire afternoon loading some racing fuel (wow, has it gone up since I last bought some!), firing up the Eliminator, checking everything out, cleaning the boat, etc. It has been 3 years since I took it out - my friends sure give me grief about that :nilly:. It sounds like you guys have some seriously good food plans. I will be driving the 3 hours home after running for the day to be with my lovely wife. I sure look forward to meeting you guys. Bill

fegettes
09-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I will be driving the 3 hours home after running for the day to be with my lovely wife. I sure look forward to meeting you guys. Bill

Here is a thought, maybe Deanna could come down and join us and she can experience the rest of us. Really, we're not that bad. :yes:

Steve

Conquistador_del_mar
09-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Here is a thought, maybe Deanna could come down and join us and she can experience the rest of us. Really, we're not that bad. :yes:

Steve

Steve,
Deanna would love to be there with me and meet you guys, but her job takes much of her time - especially since her manager quit after 18 years last week. She is scheduled to work through all of this coming weekend - including Sunday. :boggled: For that matter, it is rare for me not to be at my business 7 days a week - :yes:. I just felt like breaking my routine for this. Bill

harbormaster
09-19-2009, 04:34 AM
OK folks,
I posted a new album with photos from Friday taken by Trueser and Polly Horne in my albums. My 3rd gear went out about 70 miles from the lake on Thursday night... CRAP!!! . I finished up in second gear with Jefe and his brother Matt following me at 45mph. It took a couple extra hours to arrive. I dropped off the truck at a transmission repair place in Graham at 9am Friday morning hoping they could fix it on Friday since everything is closed up here on the weekend. I would just like to say thanks to my wingman Jeff Reid for all of his assistance!
We all went out boating at 10 and came back at 430. Jefe gave a ride to the repair shop where they stayed late to finish it (after offering a massive tip!). 1800 dollars and one rebuilt transmission later, The Hummer was back at Bass Hollow. Steve Fegett had a killer Margarita wating for me, and as always Farmer Tex and Jefe rustled up an awesome spread for everyone for dinner. I will add Sat photos tomorrow....

Cheers! Scot

Barry Eller
09-19-2009, 09:35 AM
It looks like y'all had a good time. I must say, Scot, too many photos of "Hairy Chested Men" trying to look seductive lounging on the boats!:kingme: Your Donzi hatch-latch '"Brand" is priceless! If you heated it red hot, it WOULD be permanant...:cistineb:

JimG
09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah, what Barry said! I'm tired of seeing dude pix...

Hope y'all are having a great time! Wish we were there!

Jim & Janet

Trueser
09-20-2009, 10:46 PM
In order to see the other pictures you needed to attend. Sorry:shocking:

Just made it home, I had a trailer issue in S Illinois. Both The trailer and the boat are fine. Will share in a day or so once I calm down and get some sleep. 15 hours non stop.

We had a great time.

Thanks Everyone.

Conquistador_del_mar
09-20-2009, 11:03 PM
In order to see the other pictures you needed to attend. Sorry:shocking:

Just made it home, I had a trailer issue in S Illinois. Both The trailer and the boat are fine. Will share in a day or so once I calm down and get some sleep. 15 hours non stop.

We had a great time.

Thanks Everyone.

I understand your frustration. My truck broke down at midnight last night in Muenster, TX on my way home. Deanna had to drive our Land Cruiser over in order to pick me up, and I drove my boat home arriving at 3:30AM. Tomorrow, I will have to deal with the truck - probably the fuel pump in the tank. Tonight, we shared the great food you guys gave to me before I left - it almost made up for the lack of sleep last night. Take care, Bill

BigGrizzly
09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Well the Grizzly s are home safe after a spine tingling hydroplaning affair on I 20. That really wakes you up at 12 AM. I 20 was closed down until 3am. 82 miles from home and stopped in a down pour that rocked the Expedition. Yours truly decided to turn the engine off and go to sleep. About an hour later Lady Griz woke me up and said traffic is moving- yea about 3 feet. @ hours later we were on the way home. good thing because after we got home at 4am they shut down other key roads. So it was a good thing to dtive the marithon or I would not have gotten home until 5pm today. I was the lucky one nothing brole on the way home.
Now for the PK event. As Tony the tiger would say GREAT. I finally got to meet Con..Delmar. He is much better in real life then on the net. However he left his wife home to scope out the situation before putting her in the middle of these AD s. As for the food, If it were any better I would have to be twins. As for the boating same thing. Example The first thing Mark Horn said to me was, not hello or nice to see you, He said " DID YOU HAVE DINNER YET". All I can say is I am glad that I said NO or I would really have been in trouble. We had a great time and I am sure glad I went.

RickSE
09-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Sorry we couldn't make it. As it turned out we really needed the weekend to keep up with the addition on our house. We're switching over to our part of the work, paint, trim & floors so it's been a crap load of work. Then this morning my son broke out a brand new window. :mad:

Well looks like you had fun and thanks for the pictures. We'll try again next year.

harbormaster
09-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Well after the having to replace the transmission in the truck Ordeal. I was looking forward to doing some prop testing with Grizz on Saturday morning.
I was out running a different prop with Grizz When I developed a dead miss in the engine. I had plenty of Oil pressure so i limped back and put it away. I was tired of working on sh*t. Had a great day Sat riding with Steve Fegett in his Blackhawk. Also driving Matt Reids 28 Formula SS around with Randy Carabelli. Saturday night dinner could not be beat. Polly was making me rum and cokes and everything was fine.

I woke up at 3:30 Sunday Morning and just wanted to go home. I loaded the Truck and left at 5:00 without saying bye to anyone.... I met up Trueser at the gas station in Graham. He was on his way back to Chicago. He and his passenger Kevin, noticed my back trailer wheel was splayed out. After closer inspection we discovered that the spindle weld had failed where it is secured to the axle. We removed the wheel and Trueser jacked up the axle and strapped it to the frame so it would ride much better. Mike Truesdale is the Best!! I bid them Adios and headed on my 7 hour way.
I stopped about 85 miles from Houston for fuel and noticed that the hub and axle were both gone!!:shocking: CRAP!:shocking:I hope it did not hit anyone.
I guess you can surmise that it was really good to get home 3 thousand dollars later. I think I am going to take up different hobby like DRUGS. Maybe it will be cheaper and less stressful.

fegettes
09-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Had a great trip. The people and boating comradery was the best, and the food was even better. :) And for the most part, the weather cooperated, no rain and the temperature was very pleasant.

My mishap was nothing compared to the others, just a simple little trailer flat about 15 miles away from PK on the way home. I stoped at the only place I could find open on a Sunday morning, Wal-Mart, and replaced the tire for the insurance I wanted to get home with. The Wal-Mart stop was interesting. Not to get in to a critical discussion about this, just an observation I made, but all of the Wal-Mart Lube/Tire department, known as the automotive shop, employees were all white females from the sales girl at the cash register to the mechanics in the shop.

Steve

farmer tx
09-21-2009, 11:34 PM
We had a great time! Nice weather,great old friends and new ones. Jefe is one great cook,I came home 5#s heavy. Mike loaded us down with a couple hundred photos,all great. Scot is always bearing Donzi goodies,and I thought his 22 ran good also,just don't forget what B.O.A.T stands for. Steve's boudain and Blackhawk rocked. I wish Polly would stay off those 28' boats, it's going to cost me one sometime in the future, MATT & JEFE & Mike:eek: As we all rocked down Broadway Saturday afternoon Bill came flying by in the Eliminator like I as standing still, it's a great boat to watch running at speed, very flat and stable. Looking forward to seeing the 18 next year,hope to see Deanna there also. Grizzly's what can I say, great people. Barbara and Randy make a great team. Thanks for the decal and props Randy, you will be the first to know how things turn out. Barbara is the gueen of farm town,and I thought Polly was, shes got creeks,and a swimming pool.:shocking: The only issue we had coming home was the migration of turtles. I know of at least one that wasn't moving fast enough.

See ya'll next year,
Mark & PJ

BigGrizzly
09-22-2009, 10:05 AM
It was really great. Heck we got back from runs about 5 pm.
We then sat and ate horses doors until dinner then ate until 11 pm. Poor Bill he started to leave at 6:30 and finally got out somewhere around 8 or so.

Conquistador_del_mar
09-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I finally got to meet Con..Delmar. He is much better in real life then on the net. However he left his wife home to scope out the situation before putting her in the middle of these AD s.

Hey Randy, I resemble that remark - lol
I believe an AD is an adult deliquent if I remember right - OK, we probably all fall into that acronym. Whatever BigGrizzly might lack in size is made up in character, knowledge, personality, and humor. I regret that I did not take you for a ride as promised - somehow we missed the opportunity when we were all sitting at the dam. :bonk:

Had a great trip. The people and boating comradery was the best, and the food was even better. :) And for the most part, the weather cooperated, no rain and the temperature was very pleasant.

Not to get in to a critical discussion about this, just an observation I made, but all of the Wal-Mart Lube/Tire department, known as the automotive shop, employees were all white females from the sales girl at the cash register to the mechanics in the shop.

Steve

Yep, all the guys and dolls could not have been a better group to meet and talk with. Great food too as I found out the night after I left. I loved your boat, Steve.
An all female staff at the Walmart automotive shop has to be a local thing; I have never seen anything like that before.

We had a great time! Nice weather,great old friends and new ones. Jefe is one great cook,I came home 5#s heavy. Steve's boudain and Blackhawk rocked. As we all rocked down Broadway Saturday afternoon Bill came flying by in the Eliminator like I as standing still, it's a great boat to watch running at speed, very flat and stable. Looking forward to seeing the 18 next year,hope to see Deanna there also. Grizzly's what can I say, great people. Barbara and Randy make a great team.

Mark, I didn't think the Eliminator was running much faster than your boat on that one run we did together. The wind was blinding me a little with tears coming out of my eyes. It has been so long since I ran it that I had forgotten about that. It felt great to let it rip a little. Your boat also looked very stable - obviously the driver had a lot to do with that :wink:.
Yep, great people there along with fabulous food. I will make sure Deanna comes with me next year. Thanks for coming to visit recently - it had a lot to do with getting me to make the effort to attend the PK event.

Poor Bill he started to leave at 6:30 and finally got out somewhere around 8 or so.

Randy, I really didn't want to leave that night, but I felt an obligation to get home. It was 8:45 when I finally took off.

I really enjoyed meeting all you guys and wish I could have spent more time. Since it was my first time and such limited time there, I know I didn't get a chance to sit down with everyone like I wanted, but it meant a lot to me to meet the actual guys behind the online handles here. :yes: Bill

BigGrizzly
09-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Well Bill you madea fatal error. you mentioned you would help paint the Criterion, Be verry careful, I could just show up on your dorstep one day. In that case we WILL get a ride in that boat. It will be the first time I have ridden in an Eliminator that did not have a shorty, which is usually too short. I wish you had stayed, but we all left in the morning so it was not that big of a miss except the Breakfast. You at truly a great person and fit in like a piece of a puzzle.

xedmoc
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Mike is the best!

E

--:shark:

Well after the having to replace the transmission in the truck Ordeal. I was looking forward to doing some prop testing with Grizz on Saturday morning.
I was out running a different prop with Grizz When I developed a dead miss in the engine. I had plenty of Oil pressure so i limped back and put it away. I was tired of working on sh*t. Had a great day Sat riding with Steve Fegett in his Blackhawk. Also driving Matt Reids 28 Formula SS around with Randy Carabelli. Saturday night dinner could not be beat. Polly was making me rum and cokes and everything was fine.

I woke up at 3:30 Sunday Morning and just wanted to go home. I loaded the Truck and left at 5:00 without saying bye to anyone.... I met up Trueser at the gas station in Graham. He was on his way back to Chicago. He and his passenger Kevin, noticed my back trailer wheel was splayed out. After closer inspection we discovered that the spindle weld had failed where it is secured to the axle. We removed the wheel and Trueser jacked up the axle and strapped it to the frame so it would ride much better. Mike Truesdale is the Best!! I bid them Adios and headed on my 7 hour way.
I stopped about 85 miles from Houston for fuel and noticed that the hub and axle were both gone!!:shocking: CRAP!:shocking:I hope it did not hit anyone.
I guess you can surmise that it was really good to get home 3 thousand dollars later. I think I am going to take up different hobby like DRUGS. Maybe it will be cheaper and less stressful.

Team Jefe
09-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Well I too had a really good time...epsecially when we were all running together for the Photo Ops. it was TOTALLY Cool.

As usual, the time with this fine group is never enough, and with DelMAr and the Grizzly's in the mix it was great. and special thatnks to Blue Thunder (aka Matt Reid) to provide the right Formula for the Photo Shoot.

The Food wasn't THAT good...Of course I was pretty impressed with how well Tex cooked teh Steaks....I asked him "how much Longer" repsonse "the steaks will be done in 13 minutes" 13....not 10 or 15, but 13....and he was dead solid perfect. They even made good Fajita Breakfast Tacos on Sunday

and I want to give a special Thanks to Truser for letting me at the throttles of the Scorpion....I know what Mark is saying a 28ZX scorp is an awesome ride and hard to NOT have one

BigGrizzly
09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Like I said, Lady Griz would get up for that and not complain. Life was good that weekend. Matt's boat Not a Donzi, but cool none the less. road well and was a cruiser type luxury

Conquistador_del_mar
09-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Well Bill you madea fatal error. you mentioned you would help paint the Criterion, Be verry careful, I could just show up on your dorstep one day. In that case we WILL get a ride in that boat. It will be the first time I have ridden in an Eliminator that did not have a shorty, which is usually too short. I wish you had stayed, but we all left in the morning so it was not that big of a miss except the Breakfast. You at truly a great person and fit in like a piece of a puzzle.

Randy,
Thanks for making me feel like a member of the group. It was easy to talk with you and all the guys since we share the common thread of boating which even transcends any age differences. Whenever I can free up some space in my shop, you could come over with the critter and we could get it painted in less than a week most likely. Of course you haven't really seen any of my work up close yet. Remember talking about the 10', 5', 2' paint jobs? I wonder where my work fits in. Just kidding - its OK - No fatal error on my part - I actually enjoy working on projects - I must see a shrink about that sometime - lol Bill

BigGrizzly
09-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Well Bill there is no age difference in boating just experience. As for part of the group, YOU were always part of it. This board is a different animal. You start as part of the GROUP then it is your decision to stay in it. A word of warning never break at an event, cause your boat may be overloaded with help. Ask Steve, His Blackhawk was overloaded with help to get him on the water:cool: As for the Criterion, I will keep that in mind, I hate to be a burden on people. Until my leg got bad two years ago, my wife would beat me up because I would not ask for or accept help. Your problem is I could talk to you for hours, and would if given the chance. The thing that saved you at PK was the Food.

txtaz
10-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time. We are very sorry to have to pull out at the last minute. Mrs. Taz just had 6 crowns put in and it turns out she is allergic to novacaine. Her mouth swelled up like no tomorrow and it took days to get the swelling down. She would have been miserable if we made the trip.
We will make it next time.