PDA

View Full Version : Alpha SS 1.5R RH

rayar3
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Selling my last Alpha SS because I've decided to go in a different direction with my boat project. I no longer have a pair, just a single if anyone was familiar with a previous post and looking for two. Just as a note, the one I sold went on a C18 and brought it up to 72.8 mph. About a 10 mph gain as I was told.

History:

This drive is one of two that came off a 1987 25' Donzi fresh water only boat. They were behind 330 hp 454's. The owner repowered with SBC 383's and Bravo drives while he restored the boat. There were no defects with this drive, he just wanted the Bravo because he wasn't happy with the slow time to plane with the SS's.

Not sure about hours so I had a shop open up the drive to inspect/replace anything. Gears were perfect so I had the drive completely resealed along with a new water pump. I can verify the work if needed.

Specs on the drive are 1.5R RH. As many know the SS is a rare part and because it raises the X by 2.5" is can produce a speed increase of 5-10 mph out of the box.

Drive is located in Somers, CT 06071. Shipping is available if I split the drive into (2) 50 lb. boxes via UPS.

$3000 FIRM. If you want to make me an offer, I'll ask $3500 for the drive and let you talk me down to $3000. :)

Thanks.

rayar3
06-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Funny how finding a new boat changes things. Fire sale at $2500. I know a few people offered me $2500 already, just putting the word out. First come, first served.

I'd prefer not to ship the drive, but will consider it if you pay for the shop to split it (I've never done it) plus shipping. Last one I shipped was 2 standard UPS boxes at 50 lbs.

MOP
06-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Better off shipping it whole, make a small skid then sandwich the drive between several layers of cardboard then band it all together. I have done this on several occations with no trouble what soever.

rayar3
06-04-2009, 10:11 AM
You're right about shipping it whole but shipping costs go through the roof when I do that. Luckily it's sold pending payment and pickup!

Now onto the search for a clean C18!!! Looking to spend less than 10k, might have to get a 16 for the $$$...

cutwater
06-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I no longer have a pair

Uh oh

Now onto the search for a clean C18!!!

Okay, looks like you're on the right track to recovery! :wink: There are a lot of nice boats for sale on the forum for very reasonable prices. Good luck with the search!

rayar3
06-09-2009, 08:42 PM
SOLD!

Going to a good home on a C18 on Long Island...

smallblockford
06-23-2009, 01:40 PM
i see it on another forum still. did it leave if not i would be interested if it didnt sell let me know