PDA

View Full Version : Lonseal Floorinng...Tired of the carpet mess

Last Real Texan
05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Any one have the run down on this stuff? Looked good in the Sutphen boats and I talked with them about it and they seem to likethe funcion of it...Anyone else with some experience here, they also said if you like you can still have snap in carpet on top if needed looked better than non-slip for sure....

Any insight?

Tex

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Any one have the run down on this stuff? Looked good in the Sutphen boats and I talked with them about it and they seem to likethe funcion of it...Anyone else with some experience here, they also said if you like you can still have snap in carpet on top if needed looked better than non-slip for sure....

Any insight?

Tex

It would look really good in your boat.

I'll ask my brother if they carry the line.

PlumCrazy
05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I really looked at this flooring for my boat. In my research, I found that the only Lonseal products approved for use in the sun start with the name Londeck. You can find them at lonsealspecialty.com. Cigarette frequently uses Londeck Wave. I heard this flooring was uncomfortable to stand on for more than brief periods. I received samples and they were very hard. Great looking, though.

Last Real Texan
05-20-2009, 06:59 PM
I really looked at this flooring for my boat. In my research, I found that the only Lonseal products approved for use in the sun start with the name Londeck. You can find them at lonsealspecialty.com. Cigarette frequently uses Londeck Wave. I heard this flooring was uncomfortable to stand on for more than brief periods. I received samples and they were very hard. Great looking, though.
maybe good for sit down boats...

Tex

zelatore
05-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey Tex, not sure if you'd be interested in a 'retro' look, but we've had great success with FlexiTeek. It's a vinyl sheet product that looks almost exactly like a traditional caulked teak deck. Heck, at shows I've had people surprised that it wasn't real wood. The stuff is easy on the feet, good non-skid, wears well, cleans up easily, and best of all - 0 maintenance!

Only drawback is it ain't cheap.

Basically, they come out and make templates, including any hatch cut-outs or whatever, then go back to the factory and make up the sheets. Then they glue it down on the deck.

I have no idea what it would cost to do a small cockpit like a Donzi, but it shouldn't be too crazy.

http://flexiteak.com/
http://www.yachtdeck.com/Flexiteek.html
(btw, the 59 and 65 Marquis are from our shop)

Last Real Texan
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey Tex, not sure if you'd be interested in a 'retro' look, but we've had great success with FlexiTeek. It's a vinyl sheet product that looks almost exactly like a traditional caulked teak deck. Heck, at shows I've had people surprised that it wasn't real wood. The stuff is easy on the feet, good non-skid, wears well, cleans up easily, and best of all - 0 maintenance!

Only drawback is it ain't cheap.

Basically, they come out and make templates, including any hatch cut-outs or whatever, then go back to the factory and make up the sheets. Then they glue it down on the deck.

I have no idea what it would cost to do a small cockpit like a Donzi, but it shouldn't be too crazy.

http://flexiteak.com/
http://www.yachtdeck.com/Flexiteek.html
(btw, the 59 and 65 Marquis are from our shop)

Nice looking if I end up with a magnum or classic cig but the ZX is a little modern for it... good look for flooring that stuff is for sure.

Tex

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Eddie is going to check on it in the AM...

mikev
05-21-2009, 09:02 AM
the lonseal stuff looks really cool especially the plate version but looks like it comes in 60' rolls you could do several boats with that or is there somewhere you can get smaller quantities?

Madcow
05-24-2009, 09:03 PM
I put Johnsonite rubber flooring in mine. It comes in a ton of colors and textures. It installs like regular VCT tiles. It is not totaly UV stable, but I'm told (and I'm no expert) that none of them are, but the lighter the color the more stable it is. I still have to do the center door.