PDA

View Full Version : Here is a ZXO for you guys...

Last Real Texan
05-20-2009, 02:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/donxi-zxo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31270QQihZ016QQitem Z260413170758QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Tex

Donziweasel
05-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Brian, need to ask a favor. Need to borrow a little $$$$. How about around $60,000.00?:bonk::)

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Brian, need to ask a favor. Need to borrow a little $$$$. How about around $60,000.00?:bonk::)

I have been looking at the eBay ad. I have probably pulled it up about 50 times already.

I really like it. If it didn't have the scorps it would be more affordable. I saw one that sold for under $40k with regular small blocks but was still loaded out with hydraulic steering and all the rest of the goodies.

I can live with a slower boat if it means I can afford it. Although, I really do like that blue paint on the engines :cool:

Donziweasel
05-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I like the Scorp package, but twin 350's wouldn't be bad. For me, and it sounds like you, family comfort is more important than speed. Plus, in the washing machine wake at the back of the pack at AOTH or something similar, the ride would be fantastic for our little ones.

If it doesn't go fast enough, you could always add a couple of blowers and push it well north of 80 mph if a Scorp package will hit 80 mph.

I even like the color of that one........

Go for it, it will be a year before I can make that comitment. Plus, you can tell me how you like it......:)

Here is an article on them. Author seems to like em......

http://www.boatingmag.com/article.asp?article_id=132&section_id=3

Last Real Texan
05-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Sure man you are good for it ......right....it's not the loan amount that is bad, it's the juice and the vick you gotta pay on top of it....

So how's the diaper duty goinng??? getting any sleep??? not to worry, only a couple more months of it only being three hours at a time...Hang in there man it gets better!

Tex

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I like the Scorp package, but twin 350's wouldn't be bad. For me, and it sounds like you, family comfort is more important than speed. Plus, in the washing machine wake at the back of the pack at AOTH or something similar, the ride would be fantastic for our little ones.
If it doesn't go fast enough, you could always add a couple of blowers and push it well north of 80 mph if a Scorp package will hit 80 mph.
I even like the color of that one........
Go for it, it will be a year before I can make that comitment. Plus, you can tell me how you like it......:)
Here is an article on them. Author seems to like em......
http://www.boatingmag.com/article.asp?article_id=132&section_id=3

If I had the dough it would be an easy choice. I agree that stock 350's would be fine, or the regular 6.2's... it seems the Scorps add a 20k premium so I'm with you... supercharge stock engines for 10k if it is too slow, use the other 10k for gas.

I did look at financing today to see how bad the payments will kill me... and that assumes I sell my Minx for a reasonable price. It would be easier to trade it in if a dealer had a ZXO.

Donziweasel
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Sure man you are good for it ......right....it's not the loan amount that is bad, it's the juice and the vick you gotta pay on top of it....

Damn fine print in the loan docs.....:bonk:

So how's the diaper duty goinng???

What? huh? Time to change the diapers? I am on it......damn huggies......:bonk:

getting any sleep???

no

not to worry, only a couple more months of it only being three hours at a time...

I was hoping you would say weeks......:bonk:

Hang in there man it gets better!

What can be better than changing diapers 8 times a day, feeding at 2:00 AM, no sleep, my mother in law living with us, and chicken pot pies for dinner?:)

Seriously, been the hardest 2 1/2 weeks of my life and the best at the same time. Twins are fine, getting more sleep than thier father, and put on 13 ounces in 8 days. I am fattening them up real nice.....:)

If I had the dough it would be an easy choice. I agree that stock 350's would be fine, or the regular 6.2's... it seems the Scorps add a 20k premium so I'm with you... supercharge stock engines for 10k if it is too slow, use the other 10k for gas.

Great minds think a like. I am not allowed to buy anything till the house is done, the Bronco is finished, the Pinzgauer is done, and the Critter is put back together. The Boo Boo has spoken.......damn woman...I have to quit telling her what I am up to......:bonk::)

Trueser
05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Nice ZXO for sure.....

BUIZILLA
05-20-2009, 04:43 PM
now, that's what I need...

Cuda
05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
John, just how fast do you think mama's gonna let you drive those babies?

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9eVKlF6kKw&feature=PlayList&p=CA74813F1D180747&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Cuda, you still looking for a Minx? :cool:

Trueser
05-20-2009, 09:14 PM
My wife loves the Scorpion. Never complains about the speed as long as I keep it out of chine walk.

Jim I was trying to give you a ride Sunday Morning. And I also owe hedgehog a ride.

I really would like to see a ZXO in person...

Cuda
05-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Cuda, you still looking for a Minx? :cool:
I have my eye on one. Buiz may be familiar with which one. Either him or Catch 22. :)

Last Real Texan
05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
to the top....

tex

Air 22
05-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Is 60K a fair price for that year 2001 ZXO w/ 258hrs? Is looks like a very clean boat. I hear it should run 80 when propped right?

BigGrizzly
05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I know the owner, he has been to the sarasota rally. and Cumberland once or twice. Well Kept boat and is always on a lift out of the water. IT really does go low 70s.

VetteLT193
05-28-2009, 08:52 PM
I know the owner, he has been to the sarasota rally. and Cumberland once or twice. Well Kept boat and is always on a lift out of the water. IT really does go low 70s.

new or old owner?

owner claims to only have owned it for a year and taken it out 6-7 times.

we're close on price. really close. I'm waiting on a hull number from him....

It needs Grizz props to go low 80's like it should. :)

SilverBack
05-28-2009, 09:27 PM
How fast would this thing be with a couple of prochargers and 3 inch IMCO Shorties??

BigGrizzly
05-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Must be a new owner the guy I know bough it new, and I did not go over to his house at all last year. It is the same boat.

VetteLT193
05-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Must be a new owner the guy I know bough it new, and I did not go over to his house at all last year. It is the same boat.

Ok... that's what I figured. Thanks for the info.