PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic Parts.

MasterKey89
05-20-2009, 10:32 AM
It's been awhile since I have posted, but I am out of school for summer and back home ready to take on a fresh project. I have the 22 classic switched to outboard in the Bahamas. I am going to redo the gel coat and I want to get new gauges, throttle, steering wheel, carpet, and donzi logo stickers. I was hoping you fine folks at the donzi forum could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Key.

gcarter
05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
So what do you mean by "re-doing the gel"?

MasterKey89
05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Well, were changing the color that's all. I was just hoping maybe someone knew a website or someone I can contact that sell's new guages, steering wheel, new carpet, and some other odds and ends...

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Well, were changing the color that's all. I was just hoping maybe someone knew a website or someone I can contact that sell's new guages, steering wheel, new carpet, and some other odds and ends...

lots of different places out there to buy stuff.

Changing the color might be better to go with paint

MasterKey89
05-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Ya, I know some places to get the gauges but I'm not sure where to find the decals and the carpet. I would contact a donzi dealer but I figured someone on here might know. For the color we just want to redo the gel coat with a differnet color for quality and there are some cracks and dings that we are going to need to fix the same time.

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Ya, I know some places to get the gauges but I'm not sure where to find the decals and the carpet. I would contact a donzi dealer but I figured someone on here might know. For the color we just want to redo the gel coat with a differnet color for quality and there are some cracks and dings that we are going to need to fix the same time.

The carpet you can still get from Bilt Rite, knots2u is the member here.

Decals you can get from member LKSD of lakeside restorations

Gel is a biatch to use. Check out gcarter's threads about re-doing his Testa Rossa in Gel. I did my boat in Awlgrip... you can see my boat before and after in my albums @ the top of the main page by clicking through, album is "1988 Minx"

gcarter
05-20-2009, 03:32 PM
The carpet you can still get from Bilt Rite, knots2u is the member here.

Decals you can get from member LKSD of lakeside restorations

Gel is a biatch to use. Check out gcarter's threads about re-doing his Testa Rossa in Gel. I did my boat in Awlgrip... you can see my boat before and after in my albums @ the top of the main page by clicking through, album is "1988 Minx"

Yep, Bob is right.
Take a look.....
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52810
If it weren't such a "different" boat, I'd have painted it. But this is still going on.
Now, gelling the bottom in white again is OK, and not too much problem, but redoing the whole boat is a pain and particularly in a dark color.
I'd paint in a heart beat.

MasterKey89
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I will try and contact them for more information. I have a friend that does gel coat for a living and he is helping me do the boat. I'll be sure to get some pictures of her up as soon as I start.

LKSD
05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Yes we do sell many different things for Donzi's including decals.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628