PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger carnage pics

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Here are some nice pics. Below the supercharger are some of the blades I pulled out of the bilge. Next up, we will see what is in the cooler. I may be able to pull it today if I get a little more time. If it is ok, I will flush it, pressure check it and move on. After that I will pull the intake pleneum.

Today it gets sent off to ATI. Hopefully they will work with me since it is a low time blower.

Air 22
05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
We could of used that Chainsaw in ur photo @ this year's AOTH....just mount it waterlevel on the bow and start cutting logs......:smash:

good luck with ATI...hopefully u will up and running soon :)

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 09:52 AM
We could of used that Chainsaw in ur photo @ this year's AOTH....just mount it waterlevel on the bow and start cutting logs......:smash:
good luck with ATI...hopefully u will up and running soon :)

If the logs come back next year we will need a cutter boat!

My shop is a mess (even more than usual), my house is a mess from remodeling, my boats are a mess and hell even my CJ is in the shop with a busted locker! Anyone just want to say forget it and head back to Cumberland right now. I am hoping that if I ignore all this it will fix itself!:bonk:

widowmaker
05-20-2009, 10:04 AM
I am hoping that if I ignore all this it will fix itself!

Back in my motorcycle racing days, after experiencing a significant "get off", I always knew that I would get better and heal, but I wistfully hoped that my motorcycle would as well. Further musings of a troubled mind!

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 10:15 AM
The good part is that you knew you were pushing the envelope with that boost. The next good thing is it will play hell to get past the cooler. To tell the truth that is one reason I use a cooler- small one but one reason just the same. I need to send you a picture of my air filter, it is good to at least 18 psi of boost- but DO NOT TEST IT. BTW we found another prop that has your name on it. I hope you can pull a real 32 instead of a want a be one:boggled: Just think, at least we had fun and your lower unit is still there:yes::yes:

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 10:32 AM
The good part is that you knew you were pushing the envelope with that boost. The next good thing is it will play hell to get past the cooler. To tell the truth that is one reason I use a cooler- small one but one reason just the same. I need to send you a picture of my air filter, it is good to at least 18 psi of boost- but DO NOT TEST IT. BTW we found another prop that has your name on it. I hope you can pull a real 32 instead of a want a be one:boggled: Just think, at least we had fun and your lower unit is still there:yes::yes:

I want to see that filter. No, I don't think that I will go for 18!

I am disappointed that my boat broke before I tried that prop. It was interesting on Tex's boat. It seemed to settle down up top. The driving technique seemed to be different.

As soon as the blower comes back we need to try that prop.

ITTLFLI
05-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Lots-o-pieces!

AOTH would not be the same without some carnage! I thinks thats why roadtrip bummed rides this year! Ha! He had enough carnage last year!!:nilly::yes: :tongue:

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Lots-o-pieces!
AOTH would not be the same without some carnage! I thinks thats why roadtrip bummed rides this year! Ha! He had enough carnage last year!!:nilly::yes: :tongue:

No, I have hopefully done my time now:bonk:

zelatore
05-20-2009, 12:37 PM
So any ideas what caused this? Seems like an odd failure for a low-hour blower unless you ingested something. I'm sure once one blade let go it was all over for the others. At least it should be rebuildable for a reasonable sum.

(this is not causing me to get any more sleep since I'm almost ready to fire up my rig with more-or-less the same blower :boggled:)

Last Real Texan
05-20-2009, 01:31 PM
After seeing what happened to Hedgehog's supercharger head unit I decided to do a little maintenance on my supercharger...Took it off and looked at the inlet side of the blades and the outlet side very closely and decided it was best to send it of to ATI and let them do a real inspection on it. Drained the oil and sent it off..good news is they say they are on a 7-10 day turn around and I am out of pocket for those days so not any boating time should be lost, in reality they will probably take a month to get it back to me...

Sucks that it toasted on you Bill, hopefully it will not be too bad.:crossfing:

Tex

MOP
05-20-2009, 02:04 PM
I was sorry to read about you huffer going south and do hope that is the end of it, I for one have had a great time reading about the builds you and the other upper echelon boys do, the results have been really great. Look forward to your return of fury!!!

Phil

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I was sorry to read about you huffer going south and do hope that is the end of it, I for one have had a great time reading about the builds you and the other upper echelon boys do, the results have been really great. Look forward to your return of fury!!!

Phil

Thanks Phil. I would love to come North and run with you guys sometimes.

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 02:19 PM
So any ideas what caused this? Seems like an odd failure for a low-hour blower unless you ingested something. I'm sure once one blade let go it was all over for the others. At least it should be rebuildable for a reasonable sum.
(this is not causing me to get any more sleep since I'm almost ready to fire up my rig with more-or-less the same blower :boggled:)

Don't loose sleep over this. I have done some homework on this and learned that it does happen but is not normal. It started with a seal failure that lead to a bearing failure and ultimately it started eating blades.

I was a little bummed when it happened. I called my engine builder and even suggested going back with a Whipple. He told me not to do that because ALL blowers eat themselves from time to time.

Hopefully ATI will be nice to me:crossfing:

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I took the cooler off. Oh yeah, the rest of the pieces are there. It makes a nice trap for blower blades. I could not imagine not having one. From the look of the inside of the cooler the blades were not going too fast when they reached the cooler. That's kind of strange because some of them poked holes in the side of the hose right in front of the cooler.

Oh well, time to send it off and then have the cooler pressure checked.

SilverBack
05-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Bill...I was really disappointed when I heard that you had problems at AOTH!! I hope that you get a good response and turn around from ATI. I thought about you going to a whipple when I first heard the news and I am not sure that you, Tex and I would not have been better off with Whipples but don't forget about all of the retuning you would have to do. You would have to start all over. I am sure that it would not be worth it. I don't think that you will have any trouble pulling Grizz's 32p prop. I have a 34 on now. I ran that stock 32p maximus and it ran great with it. It does seem to accelerate better when run closer to the surface though. These procharger engines do not like to be lugged down...that is for sure!!

Good luck and get back going soon!! I can't believe Tex.....he should have just LEFT his boat ALONE!!!!:wink:

MOP
05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I bet the hose acted as a cushion/brake slowing the bits and pieces down. Years back I did a bit of turbo work different animal but same basic design with an exhaust stage added they were Volvo diesel units. Rebuilding them was like being a doctor, we had a clean room which was kept spotless. Tolerances are critical any contaminants could kill one early on not a good thing considering what we charged.

Donziweasel
05-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Bill, quit posting pics of your hair dryer and post some of the blower......ooops.......that is the blower.:bonk:

Sorry it happened. At least the cooler kept a bunch of metal out of the engine. Now get it fixed, Me, Brooks and Jean want a 90 mph ride one day.......Boo Boo just wants to sit on the dock with a cold one.:)

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Actually the procharger and the Vortex does like to be loaded more so than the wipple type. I did see a quad rotor locked up- right through the cooler and pistons. Hey it is an engine stuff happens. Bill I will hold on to that prop even I buy it. The 32 has new, and a new design. I told you it would not get through that cooler. A mini air filter.

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I forgot, your buying lunch.

SilverBack
05-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Hedge...did you talk to ATI?? Do they warranty off of hours or age? Did they say how much a replacement M-3 is for just the blower? What kind of oil were you running is your blower? Does Eddie use that oil additive (extender) in the blower as well? Tex..what kind of oil do you run in your supercharger?

Last Real Texan
05-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Hedge...did you talk to ATI?? Do they warranty off of hours or age? Did they say how much a replacement M-3 is for just the blower? What kind of oil were you running is your blower? Does Eddie use that oil additive (extender) in the blower as well? Tex..what kind of oil do you run in your supercharger?
Mazolla Crisco blend

SilverBack
05-21-2009, 07:25 AM
I know that you and Hedge think that mixture is good for everything but I am sure that you would rather not dip into your stash just for a supercharger!! Maybe that would explain things though....I know that Hedge gets excited about going to AOTH!!

Last Real Texan
05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
I know that you and Hedge think that mixture is good for everything but I am sure that you would rather not dip into your stash just for a supercharger!! Maybe that would explain things though....I know that Hedge gets excited about going to AOTH!!
On a serious note though really just the standard Procharger oil...

And by the way we have plenty ...been buying it by the 55 gallon drum for over two years Mazolla/Crisco has many daily uses...it's kind of like Duck tape for all your lubrication needs.

Tex

The Hedgehog
05-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Actually the procharger and the Vortex does like to be loaded more so than the wipple type. I did see a quad rotor locked up- right through the cooler and pistons. Hey it is an engine stuff happens. Bill I will hold on to that prop even I buy it. The 32 has new, and a new design. I told you it would not get through that cooler. A mini air filter.

I have seen some pics of roots and screw blower carnage. It is bad stuff just like you described. The big blower sitting right on top of the engine does bad stuff.

Oh yeah, I will buy lunch

The Hedgehog
05-21-2009, 08:27 AM

The warranty is good for a year. I am way past that. We will see what they say.

Like Brian said, we use the Procharger oil

BigGrizzly
05-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Just so you know, Hedg is way over the RPM limit of the blower. There is no additive for the oil. Heck the M1 had bearing problems on the early ones and the M3 has blade problems on over spinning. We had a twin turbo LS motor let go of the blades at 20 psi and through blades (tiny little pieces like sand)rite out the exhaust into the out side retaining wall. We figured the turbine was 90,000+ rpms. Amazing enough very little damage to the engine. The intercooler was flushed several times.

roadtrip se
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I just want a ride.

We call such sacrifices "Contributing to the Lake Gods". My offers usually come in the form of drive parts lately.

The boat looked and sounded awesome on the way to Lee's Ford.
Nice acceleration.

Now, get it put together. We got summer ahead of us and I STILL want a ride!

The mooch...

The Hedgehog
05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Just so you know, Hedg is way over the RPM limit of the blower. There is no additive for the oil. Heck the M1 had bearing problems on the early ones and the M3 has blade problems on over spinning. We had a twin turbo LS motor let go of the blades at 20 psi and through blades (tiny little pieces like sand)rite out the exhaust into the out side retaining wall. We figured the turbine was 90,000+ rpms. Amazing enough very little damage to the engine. The intercooler was flushed several times.

I am going to disagree with you on the RPM limit. Eddie and I both calculated the overdrive in the pulley size and factored in the gear ratio. We ARE within RPM specs of that blower. I am going to go back to my notes on that one but we made dang sure that we were not running out of blower when we were on the dyno. I had the checkbook in hand and was prepared to have a M-5 flown in the next day if necessary.

The Hedgehog
05-21-2009, 10:20 AM
I just want a ride.
We call such sacrifices "Contributing to the Lake Gods". My offers usually come in the form of drive parts lately.
The boat looked and sounded awesome on the way to Lee's Ford.
Nice acceleration.
Now, get it put together. We got summer ahead of us and I STILL want a ride!
The mooch...

You got it. I should have it up and going in the next two weeks.

BigGrizzly
05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
actually the rpms are for the bearings. I actually believe it was lack of oil not an under engineered piece. Your problem may have been too tight of a belt. I use a 12 rib so I have more surface area on the belt and run as light as possible. My M1 belt lasted 800 hours. I did have the blower re bearing ed 60 hours ago, and used the old belt. Finally let go at Ft Walton, but only lost 4 ribs so I just kept going after cutting off the bad ribs.

SilverBack
05-21-2009, 12:42 PM
The tensionor has a couple of groves that you are supposed to stay between for the right tension on the bolt on my setup. I was told by ATI that as long as it was in range that the spring would not let it over tighten.

The Sherpa
05-21-2009, 01:00 PM
actually the rpms are for the bearings. I actually believe it was lack of oil not an under engineered piece. Your problem may have been too tight of a belt. I use a 12 rib so I have more surface area on the belt and run as light as possible. My M1 belt lasted 800 hours. I did have the blower re bearing ed 60 hours ago, and used the old belt. Finally let go at Ft Walton, but only lost 4 ribs so I just kept going after cutting off the bad ribs.

I agree about the whole oil thing. My plugs were fowling before it let go.

I also take stock in your theory about the belt. I plan to go to a 12 rib. Heck, I have even considered going to a cog but they don't make them for the M-3 so I would have to re-engineer a street version and well....its summer time.

Edit: This is Hedge Posting under an alias

Last Real Texan
05-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I agree about the whole oil thing. My plugs were fowling before it let go.

I also take stock in your theory about the belt. I plan to go to a 12 rib. Heck, I have even considered going to a cog but they don't make them for the M-3 so I would have to re-engineer a street version and well....its summer time.

Edit: This is Hedge Posting under an alias

Alias' are good....

The Hedgehog
05-21-2009, 01:06 PM
The tensionor has a couple of groves that you are supposed to stay between for the right tension on the bolt on my setup. I was told by ATI that as long as it was in range that the spring would not let it over tighten.

I have been told that as well. The problem is that you have to crank down on it pretty hard and the tensioner can bind. We saw that happen on the dyno and Eddie rebuilt the tensioner.

MOP
05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I would think there has to be some change in spring rate as you load it, even changing out a serp on autos you can feel the tension build a bit when you swing to get the belt on and relax a bit when you back off. I wonder what that adds to overall tension.

Phil

BigGrizzly
05-23-2009, 08:10 PM
BTW, Garry told me 8 years ago that the marks were for non techs, and only work ok he also did not want me to get a self contained unit. Blower gets and engine oil cools the blower especially since it gets it at the same time the engine does, right after the oil cooler on my engine. In our application a cog belt is not any where near as important as the auto. One other little detail a cog belt is not nearly as forgiving when it comes to belt alignment.

SilverBack
05-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Bill....here is a pic of my intercooler when David Wade mounted it. It looks a lot better now but I do not have a picture right now. I will take one in the next couple of days.

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 03:50 AM
Bill....here is a pic of my intercooler when David Wade mounted it. It looks a lot better now but I do not have a picture right now. I will take one in the next couple of days.

That helps a bunch. Thanks Keith.

The cooler is on order. Heck, if it works as good as I think I will order a spare!

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 07:46 AM
That helps a bunch. Thanks Keith.
The cooler is on order. Heck, if it works as good as I think I will order a spare!

I am ordering one too!! For that price it is more like a service item.

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 07:58 AM
I am ordering one too!! For that price it is more like a service item.

Swamp Rat special. I feel like I am waiting on Santa to deliver the cooler. Awesome find.

I pondered ordering the big daddy with the 4" inlet and outlets. If this works out as good as I think it will I might just do it. Imagine how important it would look with that giant cooler and some cog belts. The goal right now is to get it back on the water ASAP.

Now how are you coming with that Swamp Rat 850 logo?

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Swamp Rat special. I feel like I am waiting on Santa to deliver the cooler. Awesome find.
I pondered ordering the big daddy with the 4" inlet and outlets. If this works out as good as I think it will I might just do it. Imagine how important it would look with that giant cooler and some cog belts. The goal right now is to get it back on the water ASAP.
Now how are you coming with that Swamp Rat 850 logo?

Nobody does that kind of work arond here..... I wish that I could order it from somewhere. The last time I ordered graphics for the boat I ended up paying over 700 bucks and didn't use any of it. Maybe Tex can help me out!!

They make one with two cores sandwitched together with over 1100 ci of core! I did not know about the restriction with that much core. My intake air temp was still really low with all of my monster boost!! I think that you will love it!

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Nobody does that kind of work arond here..... I wish that I could order it from somewhere. The last time I ordered graphics for the boat I ended up paying over 700 bucks and didn't use any of it. Maybe Tex can help me out!!
They make one with two cores sandwitched together with over 1100 ci of core! I did not know about the restriction with that much core. My intake air temp was still really low with all of my monster boost!! I think that you will love it!

Tex has a few ideas.

I actually think that this cooler will be plenty. Tex and I will do some data logging this summer.

BigGrizzly
05-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Just remember that cooler is not a marine cooler and can come apart with pressure( yes I read the specs on it) but water fresh and salt have issues on that cooler. I like that cooler, but went with the procherger for the durability reason and fit. I am not saying not to get it I am saying that you need to check it often. If I had the dollars and time I would go for the R-tech cooler. the core is bigger and cost $69 to replace and it takes 10 minutes. Food for though.

Last Real Texan
05-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Just remember that cooler is not a marine cooler and can come apart with pressure( yes I read the specs on it) but water fresh and salt have issues on that cooler. I like that cooler, but went with the procherger for the durability reason and fit. I am not saying not to get it I am saying that you need to check it often. If I had the dollars and time I would go for the R-tech cooler. the core is bigger and cost $69 to replace and it takes 10 minutes. Food for though.
What does the r-tec cooler set up cost?

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM

Just curious, what is the difference between the alum core that ATI uses vs this core? According to the guys at R-tech, the Procharger cooler is just an auto cooler with a heavier grade housing. The majority of the Procharger failures are core related.

For what I paid for this cooler, I could replace it every year for 10 years and be at break even. I dunno if this is the answer but I thought it warranted some testing. It is pressure rated to 85 PSI and most direct fed coolers I have seen push around 10 PSI at high speeds.

If I had a carb engine, I would probably go R-tech too. Nice looking unit. It actually has a core treated for salt water and at $65 per replacement, I don't see how you could go wrong.

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 08:50 AM
What does procharger do to make their intercoolers marine intercoolers. I know that the body is stainless but the core is made of aluminum just like these. This whole intercooler is less than 200 bucks and it is 4 hose clamps and 2 nuts to change it. I can't afford a procharger intercooler. I think that this intercooler looks pretty good and it does not block your engine. I ordered two of them when I got the one that I have. I ordered two different sizes. I think that when you see Hedges new intake air temps that you will be surprised. I am not trying to talk anyone into using one of these but I am cheap and I feel like this is a great deal!!

Last Real Texan
05-27-2009, 08:55 AM

Ask and yee shall recieve....Swamp Rat

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Tex..I don't want to ask for too much but can you work in Precision Marine and 850 somewhere?? I was thinking about that crazy cartoon rat also....Most importantly...is there some place where you live that can do the graphic? The places around here can't get anything right? I just want to fill up the top of my intake where the 500 efi plate used to be.

Last Real Texan
05-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I have a guy here that can do it ...It needs to be high res and basically camera ready ...iF YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE e-mail it to me and I will get it done. I have the dimentions for the plenum ...He is working on one for me that is a carbon coppy of the 500 efi one just the numbers say 850 SCI instead of 500 EFI

Let me know

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 09:11 AM
BTW....sorry for the hijack your thread HH but I wanted Tex and you to know that we just got back from San Destin Florida and we went to a wedding down there. The reception was held on a big boat and when we went through the Marina my wife asked how all of these big boats from TN and other places inland got down there. I told here that my freinds Bill and Bryan had cruisers like that and could go all over the place with them....she loved the idea and says that we have to get one....she wanted to know if we could tow the Donzi along and dock up in Marina and go site seeing in the ZX.

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I have a guy here that can do it ...It needs to be high res and basically camera ready ...iF YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE e-mail it to me and I will get it done. I have the dimensions for the plenum ...He is working on one for me that is a carbon copy of the 500 efi one just the numbers say 850 SCI instead of 500 EFI

Let me know

That is going to be cool!! I was thinking of going that route before the Swamp Rat set in!!

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 09:22 AM
How about this one Tex...it would go with all of the blood in my bilge!! Can you get this flushed out? I may need to get Wayne or some graphics person envolved if I am asking too much.

BigGrizzly
05-27-2009, 09:25 AM
The R-tech is about $3,000. as for the auto core it is not entirely true the cooler has an internal anodizing and the cast aluminum sides are much stronger( and heavier then the Frozenboost ones it absorbs vibration and has stronger mounts. I maybe should have gone the other way but the Idea I had was on another plane not more power.

Last Real Texan
05-27-2009, 09:33 AM
How about this one Tex...it would go with all of the blood in my bilge!! Can you get this flushed out? I may need to get Wayne or some graphics person envolved if I am asking too much.

I 'll get a rendering today with the script on it...I am thinking White or silver script....

Tex

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 09:35 AM
What do you think?? is that picture too much? I think that silver writing would be great!! I just thought of all the blood looking splatter paint in my bilge.

Last Real Texan
05-27-2009, 10:14 AM
What do you think?? is that picture too much? I think that silver writing would be great!! I just thought of all the blood looking splatter paint in my bilge.
Try this on for size....just playing around with it...

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 10:18 AM
The R-tech is about $3,000. as for the auto core it is not entirely true the cooler has an internal anodizing and the cast aluminum sides are much stronger( and heavier then the Frozenboost ones it absorbs vibration and has stronger mounts. I maybe should have gone the other way but the Idea I had was on another plane not more power.

That is good to know on the anodizing. I did not know if the core info was good info or someone bashing Procharger. It will be interesting to see how the FrozenBoost cooler works out. It should be fine in the fresh water if I don't bounce it too hard.

FYI, I am hanging on to the 504. Bell (sp?) will rework my cooler and add about an inch of capacity if I need to go back that route. It won't be cheap but less than half the cost of a new cooler. My other option was to have Eddie cut it open and clean it right. By the time that was done, I was going to start to get into really having it reworked with additional capacity. I have a friend that cracked a 504 and had it reworked by Bell with good results.

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Tex..that looks great!!!! Thanks for hooking me up!! Let me know what it cost and I will pay-pal you. What do you think about it? I think that it looks wicked!!

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Bill and Randy...The intercooler takes less vibration mounted to the bulkhead. Mine might bust next time I go to the lake which will be today or tomorrow but it has been doing great so far.

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 12:00 PM
BTW....sorry for the hijack your thread HH but I wanted Tex and you to know that we just got back from San Destin Florida and we went to a wedding down there. The reception was held on a big boat and when we went through the Marina my wife asked how all of these big boats from TN and other places inland got down there. I told here that my freinds Bill and Bryan had cruisers like that and could go all over the place with them....she loved the idea and says that we have to get one....she wanted to know if we could tow the Donzi along and dock up in Marina and go site seeing in the ZX.

You can tow the ZX if you keep it slow but I would not want to do it for great distances.

I am the only one with the cruiser. Tex's wife won't let him have one!:popcorn: It must be hard being Tex.

zelatore
05-27-2009, 12:12 PM

So what do you have in mind for a 'cruiser' asked the man who works for a yacht brokerage/dealership.....

May I interest you in something from the Marquis or Carver lines?

Seriously though, what are you thinking about? I can be pretty creative. :boat:

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 12:14 PM
So what do you have in mind for a 'cruiser' asked the man who works for a yacht brokerage/dealership.....

Listen to the man. They are lots of fun! Don here hangs out on one as well.

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 12:31 PM

I know nothing about them...I had no idea that my wife would like one so much and when I told her that you can keep them up the river and travel out to the gulf from there she was like lets do it. I have to do a lot of research and talking to the experts before I even have an idea. I am pretty sure that I like the idea of diesels though.

I think that I need to make a trip to TN and check out HH's since Bryan doesn't have one...... I need training and then maybe I can book a bareback charter later this summer. You guys need to teach me what I need to know!!!

BUIZILLA
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
bareback charter it's bareBOAT, don't get Hedge started on bareBACK charter's... :eek:

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 12:37 PM
it's bareBOAT, don't get Hedge started on bareBACK charter's... :eek:

No, that gets into the whole Captain Stabbin concept. Things go down hill pretty quick from there. :eek:

Time for some summer filming on some of the quiet coves of Guntersville.

Tex, do you hear this? Maybe pick up some talent and show up in Goose Pond?:pimp:

SilverBack
05-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Sorry Jim...it looks like you were too late!!

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Sorry Jim...it looks like you were too late!!

All right Keith, I will start a cruiser thread just for you. I can at least do that with all the side tracking I have done in some of your threads.

BigGrizzly
05-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Hedg if you me to clean out the impeller pieces. I did this when half a role of paper towels got sucked in. Just turn it around with the new blower un hook it from the engine and let the blower blow it out. It was snowing in the shop for 5 minutes. I went in with an inspection scope and it took it all out, Works well.

The Hedgehog
05-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Hedg if you me to clean out the impeller pieces. I did this when half a role of paper towels got sucked in. Just turn it around with the new blower un hook it from the engine and let the blower blow it out. It was snowing in the shop for 5 minutes. I went in with an inspection scope and it took it all out, Works well.

That is a pretty good idea.

I have not given up on the cooler. This is kind of an excuse to move it to the firewall. I have been wanting to do that for a few reasons.

We have run a bunch of degreaser through it and it now has this alum fuzz that seems sort of baked on. I am probably going overboard with it.