PDA

View Full Version : FogDucker, did you make it to Kentucky and AOTH ?

Lenny
05-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Haven't heard from you in a while. I know that attending this Event was your intent, but I haven't found mention nor pics of your ride anywhere in AOTH land.

I hope you didn't break down in "rural" Kentucky :eek:

:D

???

BigGrizzly
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Lenny, we never saw him and he did not answer his cell.

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I didn't see him, I was looking for him out there because I wanted to meet him. I think the only teal green boat was Dr. Dan's and it was chillin' on the trailer :smash:

zelatore
05-19-2009, 10:47 AM
uh-oh....this sounds bad. I hope he knows what to do when he sees kids with no teeth playing the banjo!

BUIZILLA
05-19-2009, 10:49 AM
never made it..

mattyboy
05-19-2009, 10:55 AM
hope all is ok??

zelatore
05-19-2009, 11:23 AM
You don't think he was on a watch list and got busted at the boarder do you? :wink:

John (DonziWeazel) - did he make it past your place? I heard he was going to stop off for a visit on the way to KY (?)

Lenny
05-19-2009, 11:34 AM
You don't think he was on a watch list and got busted at the boarder do you? :wink:
(?)

Knowing his "past life" you can bet he IS NOT on any "watch list" . :yes: He left town a week ago last Sunday, as in 11 days ago. Hasn't been heard from since... as far as I know.

hmmmmm

Don (Zelatore, nice to see you found a few nice weather days up here for your 35' footer while in the Islands. It was a bit dicy there for a bit)

Donziweasel
05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Never heard a word. Hope he is ok.

BUIZILLA
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
knowing how excited he was to make the event, i'm not feeling too good about this...

Donziweasel
05-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Buiz, I am beginning to think the same. I really like Jeremy, nice guy. I know he was really excited to go and spent a hell of a lot of time prepping his boat. It is now Tuesday and not a word.

Conquistador_del_mar
05-19-2009, 12:34 PM
knowing how excited he was to make the event, i'm not feeling too good about this...

Add the fact that he is normally such an excellent communicator made me actually google for any information. :crossfing: Bill

BigGrizzly
05-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Now you got me worried too.:(

mike o
05-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Ive been wondering ever since it was posted he didnt show up by last Saturday in Ky. I hope he only just broke down on the road. He was stoked, and spent time and $ getting ready. Friggin loooong haul for sure.

SilverBack
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Does anyone have his phone number?? I hope that everything is ok with him!!:(

boxy
05-19-2009, 02:07 PM
He was online early this morning.

SilverBack
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks Boxy...I was starting to get worried!!

Lenny
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
This would be why I am concerned, and NO, no answer on the phones... :(

At almost $2500 for a ONE OFF insurance coverage mine will be "bronzed" so it might be hard to get the staple through it, is that OK....???:wink:

mattyboy
05-20-2009, 07:05 AM
hopefully it is nothing serious, maybe just a broken down tow vehicle making him turn back home and he is just a little embarassed to let us know.

again hope all is ok

Matty

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Ok... this is getting a bit odd. Does anyone know him personally to stop by?

glashole
05-20-2009, 03:11 PM
do you guys ever think that maybe he is still on vacation and isn't screwing around on the computer

it would have taken him a long time to go to kentucky and back

if he decided along the way not to go and do something else he would still be on the same banked off time

if he is dead though, poodle can you delete this so i don't look like an ass :)

Last Real Texan
05-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I just dug up his phone # and called... it is going straight to Voice mail....left him a message to just check in....I'm sure he is fine.

Tex

Lenny
05-20-2009, 03:18 PM
:) :) :)

He just called. I will let him re-iterate when he gets back ... but ... long story short,... his Scorp 18 was purchased out of the Napa Valley, Calif. He imported it into Canada, paid all his taxes at the border, got NEW registration for the boat and new numbers etc from our government.

Well, it seems the the DMV or whomever in Calif never updated their records and still show it titled in California when in fact it is a Canadian boat now. So, after a few words, and the lengthly (days) delay that was to ensue on your side of the Border he said #$uck it and went into the Interior of B.C. to some of our large lakes. (Okanogan) He was without a laptop and had no contact numbers for the folks here...

So, yes he is fine, yes he missed Kentucky and AOTH and is now heading for the Ferry to come back into town tonight.

I am sure we'll hear from him...

VetteLT193
05-20-2009, 03:26 PM

He just called. I will let him re-iterate when he gets back ... but ... long story short,... his Scorp 18 was purchased out of the Napa Valley, Calif. He imported it into Canada, paid all his taxes at the border, got NEW registration for the boat and new numbers etc from our government.

Well, it seems the the DMV or whomever in Calif never updated their records and still show it titled in California when in fact it is a Canadian boat now. So, after a few words, and the lengthly (days) delay that was to ensue on your side of the Border he said #$uck it and went into the Interior of B.C. to some of our large lakes. (Okanogan) He was without a laptop and had no contact numbers for the folks here...

So, yes he is fine, yes he missed Kentucky and AOTH and is now heading for the Ferry to come back into town tonight.

Good news he's ok, although that story really sucks. Would have been nice to meet him. Stinking Government. :smash:

Ghost
05-20-2009, 04:01 PM

1. Very glad he's okay.
2. Regarding CA's behavior: I think I'm going to vomit. (And didn't he pay an exhorbitant insurance premium just to be able to join the fun runs?)

Marlin275
05-20-2009, 04:18 PM
if he is dead though, poodle can you delete this so i don't look like an ass :)

laughing out loud!
Good one!

Donziweasel
05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
I was really looking forward to getting a picture of me sitting in Dweasel's 18

Stay out of my boat........:smash::)

yeller
05-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Glad he's ok.

I'm surprised he had trouble at the border. I've taken my boat(s) across the border numerous times and have never once had them check ownership.

Lenny
05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
2. Regarding CA's behavior: I think I'm going to vomit.

CA as in California I guess you mean Ghost? This was the US Customs dis-allowing him into your Country with his boat, not Canada denying him leaving ours...

osur866
05-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Lenny thanks for the update, glad to here all is well. Steve PS you where missed at AOTH!

Donziweasel
05-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Glad he is ok. Sheeesh, he could have called.......:bonk:

Last Real Texan
05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Just spoke with Jeremy on the phone...Don't let him fool you, he ended up in Vegas and then boating at Havasu for 5 days, or should I say partying at party cove for 5 days....he mentioned something about stripper poles and vaseline, a spatula and some remnants of his plastic sheeting, he has not slept in over a week and his feet never touched terra firma for 5 days....says he is never going back to the attic that is Canada:canada:. It really is a very interesting story...I'll let him finish it.... sounds like a great trip!

Glad you are OK Jeremy....there's always next year we missed ya!

Tex

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Now I feel OK, we should have known,:bonk:

Cuda
05-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Like I always say, imagine the worse thing that could happen, and know it never happens. :tongue:

mike o
05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Well, Sorry to hear about that. Ive crossed the boarder a lot in the last 25yrs. Ya just never know. Sometimes they will pick ya apart and search some stuff. Sometimes your invited inside for chat after watching you on a camera for 15 min:yes:. It happens on either sides. Then sometimes ya just drive on Thu without them checking anything at all, even your ID.

fogducker III
05-20-2009, 10:33 PM
You guys are =UCKING AWESOME...........:yes:

I first apologize for not updating things, I did not have a laptop or Blackberry and the cell phone reception was non-existent.....:boggled:

Jacqui and I left as Lenny stated and went to visit my brother in Pemberton, near Whistler where the Olympics are being held, awesome place, we headed to the border and US Customs "checked" us out. They told me the boat was registered via the HIN to the original owner according to the California Department of Transport........:nilly:

I explained I bought the boat off Ebay (outbidding DW.......:tongue:) and had all the paperwork, they wanted the ORIGINAL bill of sale.........:bonk: I fought and argued until my face was blue but they knew what they wanted........

This was early evening on the Tuesday and the bill of sale was at home, it would have meant we stayed the night in Vancouver, or at the ferry terminal, paid to go home, paid to get back and hit the border late the next day.....:mad: Bottom line, big bucks, a lot of time and we would not have made it.......:(

We discussed it at length and ended up heading to Okanagan Lake and having a blast........disapointed, but a blast.

I have never been so mad and upset at the same time...........I know **** happens but we had planned well ahead, paid our fees including the big bucks for insurance and we were stoked...........:(

Again, I apologize for not communicating with you guys and wish like hell we had made it, from the sounds of it you had a blast, dispite a blower and a couple of other "situations"........:popcorn:

You guys are the best and we BOTH appreciate the concern for our whereabouts.............:lookaroun:

We will post some pics asap of "our" trip after we look at the pics of "your" trip...........

All the best, and you ALL take care, thanks again, Jeremy and Jacqui.

Ghost
05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
CA as in California I guess you mean Ghost? This was the US Customs dis-allowing him into your Country with his boat, not Canada denying him leaving ours...

Sorry, I missed this before.

Totally, yes, I meant California and not Canada. Is 'CA' an official (or unofficial) abbreviation for Canada? Using 'CA' with both letters capitalized is the official (from the US post office I believe) abbreviation for California.

Mike

Lenny
05-21-2009, 01:51 AM
You guys are =UCKING AWESOME...........:yes:

Jeremy...THIS is a close knit group :yes: do NOT do this again...please...

Seriously tho, don't...

:)

Cuda
05-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Jeremy...THIS is a close knit group :yes: do NOT do this again...please...

Seriously tho, don't...

:)
Band of Brothers that span states, cities, countries, and even continents.

fogducker III
05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Band of Brothers that span states, cities, countries, and even continents.

ain't that the truth............:yes::)

We are just going to have to "prepare" better next time and make one of these damn runs.....:bonk:

Started looking at the pics from AOTH last night, man did you guys and girls have fun!!!!!!!

There sure are some shady looking characters though....:cool:

roadtrip se
05-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Foggy isn't the only one that said he was coming and didn't show for the weekend.

We bought 25-30 extra meals at JRM for surprise no-shows on Friday and Saturday. This gets pricey, but we had to commit to a number with JRM, so they have enough food for everybody.

Lesson learned.

Next year? Look for a much tighter pre-registration process out of the organizing committee complete with the proper incentive for those who commit early.

Foggy, you had us worried dude!

The Hedgehog
05-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Just spoke with Jeremy on the phone...Don't let him fool you, he ended up in Vegas and then boating at Havasu for 5 days, or should I say partying at party cove for 5 days....he mentioned something about stripper poles and vaseline, a spatula and some remnants of his plastic sheeting, he has not slept in over a week and his feet never touched terra firma for 5 days....says he is never going back to the attic that is Canada:canada:. It really is a very interesting story...I'll let him finish it.... sounds like a great trip!

Glad you are OK Jeremy....there's always next year we missed ya!

Tex

Hmm, I think that I may have run into him somewhere.

RedDog
05-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Next year? Look for a much tighter pre-registration process out of the organizing committee complete with the proper incentive for those who commit early.

The process was so smooth this year for the attendees. If things tighten up, dinner tickets could be hard to get for some. Hummm.... I wonder, is dinner ticket scalping legal in KY? Maybe I'll buy extra dinner tickets up front...