PDA

View Full Version : VetteLT193.....

Donziweasel
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I heard about your youngster enjoying all the fun. You are now my hero.....

I was nervous about bringing the twins next year, but after hearing you had you 3 mo old there, I am all in. :)

If you have any tips or tricks, I am all ears.....:)

VetteLT193
05-18-2009, 08:51 PM
You MUST have a place at jamestown. Book now. Get a slip too.

The steps suck, all 72 of them.

Pack the living hell out of the boat. You need the boat 110% before you put it in or you will drag crap up and down the steps... Lucky for me, I did pretty good in this area by accident. I left tools, a cooler, and most everything else on the boat I needed.

Even with packing the boat well, dragging kids up and down the steps mean your azz, legs, and arms will be ripped by the time you leave. I lost weight on this vacation, my freaking shorts were falling off which never happens to me :bonk:

For the runs you need to make a damn serious choice. Either put the hammer down and get up front or hang way back. I hung way back. Either way will work fine. Hanging in the back means 25 MPH dragging tabs. no big deal, keep the family happy. it was a washing machine though from all the wakes. Kind of embarrassing being the last boat every time, but all well.

This year was Log City. If the run is the same next year, it really is not a bad idea to hook up with someone else (me) and try to take the kids/wives in the car for the first days' run. Best case is one wife is left out for the run home and drives back. Worst case is you go home and get the trailers. I got the trailer this year... It was better than fighting the logs and I didn't want, or need, the kids on board. Safety first for me. You could have walked across the lake in some spots.

The kids did really well. The biggest thing I can try to advocate is get a friend, brother, or other to help you. Or, hook up with another couple with kids and get a house boat or something like that. To get back and forth to the boat to do stuff takes time so you need extra help. My Big Bro was with us and REALLY helped make the trip happen.

Donziweasel
05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I never even thought about half that stuff. Thanks. We have been talking about getting a houseboat with a Bill and Brian to minimize the stair thing. Maybe I can see if I can bribe Lauren (the Sherpa, Christine's sister) to help a little. College kids can always use a little extra $$$$.

I won't run in the front with the twins. I would feel better back in the back with you dragging tabs and keeping everyone safe and happy. I am sure Boo Boo will give me a get out of jail free card at some point and let me run hard with everyone while she takes care of the twins. She is good about stuff like that.

Heard you got to hang out with Bill, Brian, and of course, Carter. Great guys. Can't wait to hook up with them again.

Anyway's thanks for the tips and if you can think of any more, let me know.:)

See you next year in the back of the pack and proud of it......:)

BTW, where do you get a life jacket that small???LOL

VetteLT193
05-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I never even thought about half that stuff. Thanks. We have been talking about getting a houseboat with a Bill and Brian to minimize the stair thing. Maybe I can see if I can bribe Lauren (the Sherpa, Christine's sister) to help a little. College kids can always use a little extra $$$$.
I won't run in the front with the twins. I would feel better back in the back with you dragging tabs and keeping everyone safe and happy. I am sure Boo Boo will give me a get out of jail free card at some point and let me run hard with everyone while she takes care of the twins. She is good about stuff like that.
Heard you got to hang out with Bill, Brian, and of course, Carter. Great guys. Can't wait to hook up with them again.

The life jackets are 2x the size of the kid. they suck. I'll admit we take them off when going slow AND out of the way AND being held sitting on someones lap. The heat is part of the issue, I don't feel good about having an overheated kid at idle.

The best ones for the little kids are the ones with the zipper in the back. they can be had from Wal mart. for your sized kids next year, neoprene ones seem to be the best.

How about we see you THIS year at Destin, you can stay with us in Tallahassee first if you want. :)

Donziweasel
05-19-2009, 06:41 AM
What are the dates for Destin this year?

Last Real Texan
05-19-2009, 06:51 AM

You get your brotha from Ga to send you Carter's old one and I tell you where to get the twin to it....

And on the rest of the above I'm open and in for everything...

Vette...it was great meeting you and your family, Holly may want to dance with Carter next year, and Bobby he will be all about it ...you guys did a great job and it shows that a gathering of this type is just make of it. About the trailering home from Lee's Ford, I did it too and am Happy I did.

Tex

Tex

Last Real Texan
05-19-2009, 06:58 AM
What are the dates for Destin this year?
Want a College student....or a a professional ?

Not really sure but we should check....

Tex

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 08:56 AM
You get your brotha from Ga to send you Carter's old one and I tell you where to get the twin to it....

And on the rest of the above I'm open and in for everything...

Vette...it was great meeting you and your family, Holly may want to dance with Carter next year, and Bobby he will be all about it ...you guys did a great job and it shows that a gathering of this type is just make of it. About the trailering home from Lee's Ford, I did it too and am Happy I did.

Tex

Tex

Holly's old Jacket will be available soon too, so that should complete the set for Donziweasel.

As for Holly and Carter, Holly was on the shy side for some reason, I guess all the people. Carter is a great kid! It was so great meeting you guys.

My wife wants a bigger boat now... Time to start looking at the Z line :)

BigGrizzly
05-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Here is vetts' mistakes. He had the slip next to me, he did not use the shuttle from the hotel to the ramp then to the boat like gimpy me. They pivk you up at the room and drive you down to the ramp and the shuttle bardg is waiting and they drop you off at the dock. Now in all fairness Vette let his wife do MOST of the work. He caroused with the rest of the thoughtless males. However he did spend some quality time with the children, just before the wife got fed up:):):):boggled:. He also had his private tech(Eddie) with him. One minor detail, Vetts's children are very well behaved, trust me this helps:yes::yes: PS his wife really puts up with a lot. You will understand when you meet Bob and Eddie.:nilly::nilly:

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Here is vetts' mistakes. He had the slip next to me, he did not use the shuttle from the hotel to the ramp then to the boat like gimpy me. They pivk you up at the room and drive you down to the ramp and the shuttle bardg is waiting and they drop you off at the dock. Now in all fairness Vette let his wife do MOST of the work. He caroused with the rest of the thoughtless males. However he did spend some quality time with the children, just before the wife got fed up:):):):boggled:. He also had his private tech(Eddie) with him. One minor detail, Vetts's children are very well behaved, trust me this helps:yes::yes: PS his wife really puts up with a lot. You will understand when you meet Bob and Eddie.:nilly::nilly:

Too funny... We thought about using the shuttle but it's a pre-plan problem. We were lost this year and our timing stunk. If I could ask for one change to the event it would be to add information. You can never have too much info... for a newbie it was confusing. We were literally lost 30% of the time. Next year it will be a piece of cake.

My Wife really put up with Eddie and I this weekend, and she really did do most of the work, if not all of it :nilly:. My Father's day came early this year. :cool:

I wasn't stupid with the family either... Had I done the whole poker run I would have written the book on how to piss off the family in one weekend so I gladly suggested we go in and get lunch after the 2nd stop in order to keep things happy.

It also helped that the boat ran great:cool: Had a couple wiring issues, but nothing that we couldn't fix quickly.

I might be there next year in a bigger boat.

BigGrizzly
05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
To tell the truth that was the roughest it has ever been period. all those dam race boats and dam spectators. Heck I had the 18 and it was fine but a tad slow(my choice). You were fine until the poker run when all the others were out too. YES your wife gave you the father's day early, for the next 3 years:smash::smash: In my not so humble opinion YOU owe here, big time. I have a question what did you put in the baby bottle:):)

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 10:54 AM
To tell the truth that was the roughest it has ever been period. all those dam race boats and dam spectators. Heck I had the 18 and it was fine but a tad slow(my choice). You were fine until the poker run when all the others were out too. YES your wife gave you the father's day early, for the next 3 years:smash::smash: In my not so humble opinion YOU owe here, big time. I have a question what did you put in the baby bottle:):)

I know I owe her big time!!!

Little Bobby is a great baby. If he's fed and clean he's happy. Holly was great all weekend too. They couldn't have been better in the boat or for the long ride up.

KerrLake
05-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll bring mom and the kids next year too. I didn't know how things were going to be, but it can be a kid friendly trip very easily. Vette, we have a 6 month old and a three year old so I'm with you on preparation. Tex, it looks like Carter may have a few buddies next year. By the way, Vette thanks for offering the ride.

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 11:07 AM
I'll bring mom and the kids next year too. I didn't know how things were going to be, but it can be a kid friendly trip very easily. Vette, we have a 6 month old and a three year old so I'm with you on preparation. Tex, it looks like Carter may have a few buddies next year. By the way, Vette thanks for offering the ride.

no problem on the ride, I wished I could have talked with you more. we barely got going... Should be fun with all the kids next year!!

If we get enough of us with kids in smaller boats we might be able to talk the organizers into a 2nd group that leaves early and runs slower... get out in front, clean water, and run easy. Piece of cake to run like that.

I'm also glad Russ gave you a good ride. He can really run that 22 well.

BigGrizzly
05-19-2009, 11:08 AM
True

Lenny
05-19-2009, 12:06 PM
If he's fed and clean he's happy.

Aren't we all ???

:D

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Aren't we all ???

:D

Half the time I don't even have to be clean :bonk:

Donziweasel
05-19-2009, 12:59 PM
If we get enough of us with kids in smaller boats we might be able to talk the organizers into a 2nd group that leaves early and runs slower... get out in front, clean water, and run easy. Piece of cake to run like that.

I like it.

Kerrlake, look foward to meeting you and your family also.

Tex, Carter is going to be the big kid on the block.....just don't let it go to his head:)

rtgogo
05-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I'll be there with the boss and two boys next year!

The Hedgehog
05-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I'll be there with the boss and two boys next year!

Glad to hear it Robert

Donziweasel
05-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Me too Robert. Glad to here AOTH is so "family" friendly. Maybe instead of the year of the Blackhawk, it should be the year of the "future Donzi owner".:)

I wonder if they have a group rate for babysitters?:bonk:

Last Real Texan
05-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Sherpa ......are you reading this? Calling the Sherpa....come in Sherpa.....

Tex

Donziweasel
05-19-2009, 05:45 PM
She's studying......yeah right.....:):bonk:

The Hedgehog
05-19-2009, 06:08 PM
She's studying......yeah right.....:):bonk:

Oh I can assure you that she is not studying but she is safe and sound. Scotty and the gang are getting ready to have some Salty Dogs.

The Sherpa has been looking at flights to come back.

The Sherpa
05-21-2009, 01:27 PM

uncle johnny...of course you can bribe me to take care of the twins...i love being the nanny sherpa...but i will also need some sherpin time...you know this! we were driving past a 3 story house boat and all i could think of was hedgehog sherpa and sissyfish on top...brian deann and my boyfriend right below than the pearsons on the bottom...with the nanny in betweeen all!!! cant wait! hope all is well!! im soo excited to go back to lincoln NE soo soon! BOOOOO... and by the way...need to talk summer intern. for next year! :)

The Sherpa
05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Sherpa ......are you reading this? Calling the Sherpa....come in Sherpa.....

Tex

SHERPA IS HERE! no worries! i feel so oo important now! :) hows the boyfriend?

Last Real Texan
05-21-2009, 01:59 PM
SHERPA IS HERE! no worries! i feel so oo important now! :) hows the boyfriend?
Carter is missing you big time...All he talks about is his new Girlfriend....He is in love with you....

The Sherpa
05-21-2009, 05:57 PM

Not really sure but we should check....

Tex
college student.....ME ME ME SHERPA ME!

Donziweasel
05-21-2009, 06:07 PM
uncle johnny...of course you can bribe me to take care of the twins...i love being the nanny sherpa...but i will also need some sherpin time...you know this!

That's my Sherpa........:)

Just might need an hour or two here and there to keep me and Boo Boo's sanity......plenty of Sherpin time to be had.......:)

the pearsons on the bottom

Hey, why are we on the bottom?:bonk:

need to talk summer intern. for next year!

Done, you can even stay in the bunkhouse at the Lazy P, unless you apply for Goosewing in Jan.....:)

I thought the Sherpa was both.....:)

Last Real Texan
05-21-2009, 06:29 PM
college student.....ME ME ME SHERPA ME!
We would not have any other way! you are the best and I can't thank you enough for all the help over the weekend! You have job security...or a...party security that is

Tex

BigGrizzly
05-22-2009, 08:18 AM
I plan on bringing the Littlest Grizzly, next year all 6 feet + of him. This could work.

The Sherpa
05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
THIS is true...i am both! count me in and if there are any others let me know so i can be there!! :) loved every minute of it. tell carter he is in a picture frame in my new apt. miss u guyz!:wink:

The Sherpa
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
I plan on bringing the Littlest Grizzly, next year all 6 feet + of him. This could work.

yes i need some one around there my age to hang! although im soo good with anyone! :) ya im talkin myself up! :)

BigGrizzly
05-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I think I can make it happen plus I need another driver/helper.