PDA

View Full Version : Dustoff friday night

mattyboy
05-18-2009, 12:32 PM
we need some feedback from everyone who is attending.

instead of going out to a restaurant on friday night and every one basically on their own for dinner
we are going to have a catered BBQ under a tent down at the lake at Treasure cove . the menu will be chicken burgers hotdogs some green salads and other salads. you can BYOB

we feel this will be more ecomonical for everyone in these trying times. It will also let us mingle in a more casual setting plus help the late arrivals and give us the time to wrench on a boat if needed. we fell this is a no brainer especially for those that are traveling with kids they can play on the sandy beach catch fire flys and what not.

we will look to start at 6pm or so and have the food done by like 8:30 or so this way everyone gets a chance to eat

cost will be $20 a head

whaddya think??

let us know

penbroke
05-18-2009, 01:26 PM
I think it is a great plan! I hope I can make it...:(

Will there be enough parking for folks that will be staying elswhere?

Frank :wrench:

mattyboy
05-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I think it is a great plan! I hope I can make it...:(
Will there be enough parking for folks that will be staying elswhere?
Frank :wrench:

yes I should have posted that in my first post open to all attendees no matter where they are staying

we'll make room John the owner is very willing to help us out so yes there is parking

Sweet Cheekz
05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds great

BigGrizzly
05-19-2009, 11:45 AM
It sounds good to me. I am ready. BTW I am bringibng props again.

Air 22
05-19-2009, 11:47 AM
:rock::thewave::fam::band::woot:

Great Idea...:yes:

Kirbyvv
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I can't make Saturday, but I'm in for Friday night!!!!

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Kirby, tell Martha I said Saturday was OK, Don't punk out on me, I am driving more then 1200 miles for this. Next you will tell me that Jay is not coming:nilly:

Kirbyvv
05-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll be on the water Thursday and Friday, and at the Friday night gathering, may even bring Martha, so hopefully will get a ride in your 80 mph bow rider. I'll let Jay speak for himself, but I think he is missing Saturday's run too.

jl1962
05-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Ummm......er..... where to begin......How 'bout those Yankees?

I will be up early Wednesday, all day Thursday. On Friday my 4th grader has commencement, so back to CT and on Saturday I have to go sailing.............:boat:

jl1962
05-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Grizz -

I hope I catch you Thursday.

And I hope that this year you spend less time doing this!

Just Say N20
05-20-2009, 11:26 AM
on Saturday I have to go sailing.............:boat:

Admitting it is the first step. . . .:yes:

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 07:47 PM
OK Jay the commencement I can understand. I have missed one event due to a graduation. So be it.:)

bob haver
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
this is the way to go matty:yes:and it will be an awesome time on the beautiful lake george:)

Air 22
05-20-2009, 11:23 PM
What you can't see in that picture is me curled up next to the engine on the port side.. Grizz said it took two weeks to wash out the blood I left behind :nilly: :nilly:

Jim...we have a "Bleeder" amongst us...:smash::spongebob::):):)

jl1962
05-21-2009, 06:08 AM
What you can't see in that picture is me curled up next to the engine on the port side.. Grizz said it took two weeks to wash out the blood I left behind :nilly: :nilly:

No - when I took this picture, I think you were in the bottom of Cliff's boat!:bonk:

jl1962
05-21-2009, 06:11 AM
Admitting it is the first step. . . .:yes:

Funny - that's what my sailing friends say about the DONZI! :wink:

jl1962
05-21-2009, 06:15 AM
OK Jay the commencement I can understand. I have missed one event due to a graduation. So be it.:)

Randy-
This is one of these years where everything seems to be scheduled on the same weekend.....I'm truly bummed but I committed to some Thistle sailing w/ a 6-time National Champion - how 'bout if I wear an LGDCC shirt to the awards dinner? :yes:
Jay

mattyboy
05-21-2009, 06:58 AM
okay enuff of the S word ;)

if we make a go of friday night we need numbers to give the caterer

so if you are coming how many

Adults over 16
kids over 5

it will be$ 20 dollars a head for adults
and $ 10 a head for kids 6-16

also for the dinner if you have children under 16 attending the price for the dinner is $35.00 ( use this rule if they need their own seat, babies don't count)

thanks

Matty

if you have any questions drop me a line mnmveth@optonline.net

jl1962
05-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Sorry for the hijack Matty. And for dropping the S-Bombs! :angel:

Maybe Harbormaster can set up a filter for it! I promise not to use it again:crossfing::boat::boat::boat::boat::boat:

Also - let me be one of the first to thank Matty and Scott for all their hard work that makes this such an awesome event - Hopefully I'll catch a lot of you early.

Peace/Out

BigGrizzly
05-21-2009, 08:42 AM
OK Matty, WE are two Me and Lady Griz.

bob haver
05-21-2009, 10:44 PM
ok matty make that 2 for me:)

Air 22
05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Matty...for Friday Night dinner..
1 Adult
2 Children(Ashley n Alli)

mattyboy
05-22-2009, 07:57 AM
we'll be giving out wristbands for the dinner on Friday, we can also make it atracking bracelet for Dwight so he doesn't wonder off ;)

Thanks this is what we need firm numbers
keep em coming

undertaker
05-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Matty for Friday night

2 Adults

1 Kid (Tyler)

Undertaker:pimp:

BERTRAM BOY
05-22-2009, 10:57 AM
2 adults

Air 22
05-22-2009, 11:15 AM
In other words, three children..
Anon
Pre-registered with da boss

Yep... I admitt it... I'm 41 going on 12:drive:.....BUT...atleast I'm not boatless at an event...AGAIN...:tase::kingme:

glashole
05-22-2009, 11:35 AM
+2 for whatever is planned on all days

boxy
05-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Team TSL is hoping to make a return appearance.
Schedule looks like an early Friday arrival, and an early Saturday departure...

mattyboy
05-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Yep... I admitt it... I'm 41 going on 12:drive:.....BUT...atleast I'm not boatless at an event...AGAIN...:tase::kingme:

I hope he is talking to you Poodle :tongue: cause I kinda fit into the first half and the second half of that sentence

BERTRAM BOY
05-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Team TSL is hoping to make a return appearance.
Schedule looks like an early Friday arrival, and an early Saturday departure...

You'd better get your ass to the dustoff. I need someone to hold the boat against the dock while getting noise tested. :hangum:

Sweet Cheekz
05-22-2009, 02:21 PM
2 Adults
1 Kid
Parnell

Air 22
05-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Well, since the girls and I are plotting to borrow "Daddy's" boat, I guess I should keep quiet at this stage.. :tongue::tongue::nilly:

Funny u should mention that...:tongue: they already know... blower on, start, ck water flow in sea strainer and exhaust, warm eng, engage throttle, get up on plane, cruise, slow, drive up in shallow water, neutral, reverse, idle to dock, ....hmmm... and oh yeah throw anchor(secure line) use ch16 and or cell if all else fails...:nilly:...guess I should expect a mutiny anytime and be forced to walk the plank soon...:hangum::nilly: I'm not sure they will toss me Cliff and Di's RED throw cusion though??:boggled::toiletpap

mike o
05-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh...ya, Maryshannon and I are in. Wifes gotta work so:(... 2 for Friday.

Kirbyvv
05-26-2009, 08:30 AM
2 adults for Friday!!:)

mattyboy
05-28-2009, 08:58 PM
so is this an accurate count for friday night???

Jeri & Brendin 4
Mick Ong 2
Cliff & Diana 2
Shea Robson 2
Randy Carbelli 2
Tom Davis 2
Don Neubauer 2
Dwight & Crissy 2
Madpoodle 1
Ken Lessard 3
Parnell 2 adults 1 child
Dan & Liz 2
Norm D 3
Mike O 1 Adult 1 child
Undertaker 2 adults 1 child
Bob Haver 2
George & Bonnie 2
Brad & Amy 2
John B 2
Sean "Sdonzi16" 4

plus
CDMA
kirby 2
and boxy ??????

Air 22
05-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Matty...Crissy's flying in to Albany Friday night with Gavin so they will not make dinner...Friday It's Ashley, Allison(2-kids) and
myself(1-child):nilly::tongue:
Bravo One aka Haver... will bring his Geeetar for those that wanna form a Donzi Classic Hair Nation Rock Band...:band:
Grab a beer...this solo/duel is awsome...:beer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvMUGQLQiu8&feature=related
Good times...Great People....:rock:

Tom Davis
06-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks for signing me up in advance for Friday night. I have been remiss in my participation on line here. I have been really distracted by that pesky work thing...

There are rumors that I might be bringing a blue boat this year instead of a yellow one, but at this point it's only a rumor... Is it a rumor if you start it yourself?

Can't wait to get up there, at the latest we'll be there by Thursday afternoon but may come a day or so early if I can swing it. Staying at Capri Village.

Safe travels to Lake George, see you all soon.

The last remaining Winni Bandit :( @LG (unless of course if George & Bonnie make it???) There is a rumor George might bring a blue boat too. Must be a Winni thing.

Captain Steve
06-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi Matty

Myself , my wife and one 12 year old. will attend Friday nights BBQ
Thank You
Steve

Kirbyvv
06-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Matty, got some more. A friend just bought a 1970 18 and will attend. he hasn't even drivien it yet, so friday will be his training day. Told him to register on the club site, so it is two more, Paul and Joan Chace, for both Friday and Sat. night.

mattyboy
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Kirby, he'll need to get the registration form and the event fee in the mail tom.

The registration is now closed for the event, Thank you everyone for getting the forms in. Looking forward to seeing everyone up there

:)

bob haver
06-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks for signing me up in advance for Friday night. I have been remiss in my participation on line here. I have been really distracted by that pesky work thing...

There are rumors that I might be bringing a blue boat this year instead of a yellow one, but at this point it's only a rumor... Is it a rumor if you start it yourself?

Can't wait to get up there, at the latest we'll be there by Thursday afternoon but may come a day or so early if I can swing it. Staying at Capri Village.

Safe travels to Lake George, see you all soon.

The last remaining Winni Bandit :( @LG (unless of course if George & Bonnie make it???) There is a rumor George might bring a blue boat too. Must be a Winni thing.

ahh yea george will be bringing the 18 Not the 22:bonk:

mattyboy
06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
ok we got kirby's friend and capt steve

and I got a call earlier from George and Bonnie's and Tom and Kim's social Secretary it seems their people called my people and got the little things worked out

hey Pearson how come the Winnie bandits have social secretaries ??? my people who am I kidding I answer my own damn phones ;)

mattyboy
06-03-2009, 05:32 AM
this the list for friday night

Pearson 1
Dwight + 2 Children
Kirby 2
Ken L 3
Parnell 2 +1
Undertaker 2 + 1
Cliff & Di 2
Big Griz 2
Shea 2
Dan & Liz 2
Bob Haver 2
Mike O 1 +1
Norm D 3
Madpoodle 1
Tom & Kim 2
Don N 2
Mick 2
Brad & Amy 2
George & Bonie 2
CDMA 2
Sean 4
Capt Steve 2 +1
Zinger 2
Boxy 1
Paul Chace 2
Fasteddie 2
The Pirate 1

If there are any issues let me know

Thanks

Eric Straton
Rush Chairman
Social Dir.
Sunshine Cruises, pools and spas

mattyboy
06-05-2009, 11:21 AM
well one week and counting to the donzi classic event of the year

things are a go on all fronts

cya all there can't wait

leaving thursday early am for a 11am -noon arrival

if anyone needs something

my cell

201-315-9662

mattyboy
06-07-2009, 07:54 AM
ok the trivia quiz is done and ready to go all the stuff is ready to go for an early thursday departure.

Just a quick note with things to remember

Have PFD's for everyone to wear in your boat

gas up before going to the Algonquin on sat morning

get a lake pass buy a week pass they are more economical . they can be purchased at the marina directly across from treasure cove (beckley's), the outsdoorsman sport shop just about a 1/2 mile north of treasure cove by car on rt 9, and at Chic's marina next to the Algonquin
Display these stickers as instructed on the windshield less classic some put them by their state reg numbers the stickers have the instructions on where to place them.

see you all up there

be ready to have a great time

if you have any questions
mnmveth@optonline.net
or
201-315-9662