PDA

View Full Version : AOTH 9...great times!

synack
05-17-2009, 03:17 PM
I just got home after heading out at 6AM this morning. It sure was chilly...maybe that explains why I don't like to get up that early... ;-)

My wife and I had a great time with you all, and we can't wait for next year at AOTH10!

R

The Hedgehog
05-17-2009, 06:26 PM
It was an absolute blast. It is going to be an annual event for me.

DonziJon
05-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Nice Sunset (7:30 PM EDT) at Lee's Ford tonight. :) John

EDIT: State Dock...not Lee's Ford

Donzi Vol
05-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I only have one thing to say. Free koozies for a dollar! Can't beat it!

I had a blast. Thanks to all who organized and attended.

Trueser
05-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Just made it home.

We had a great time. And my props are still perfect!

FISHIN SUCKS
05-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Got home about 3 hours ago, props in good shape, chunked some gel coat on the underside rear (size of a quarter), and missin a small bit of paint on the port outdrive. all in all, not too many battle wounds considering all the lumber and spalding balls in the water. We had a great time meeting and seeing everyone, and we'll be back fo sho!!!

BERTRAM BOY
05-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Di & I stopped for the night...we'll continue home in the morning.

Note to self: Pace yourself with the moonshine while at AOTH.

roadtrip se
05-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Everybody saw that thing... wierd. Gives me an idea though for next year.
We'll anchor a basketball in the water at the turn to Lee's Ford. Problem solved.

Biggest yet. 150-ish people, 60-ish boats. Best yet.

More thoughts later, but for those of you who had a good time this year, plan on it again.

Now, I'm going to bed, after I burn this useless paceboat flag....

Hotboat
05-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Donna and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone. We had to leave early to attend another function but next year we will do just the AOTH. It was more fun. Air 22 passed us going home and we had to drive like crazy just to catch him. He drives the Escalade like it is Donzi. Hope to see everyone soon.

kimjohnandmacy
05-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Kim and I had a Blast! Great to see those from our 1st trip in 08, and always a pleasure to meet some new faces.

Lets get some Donzi presents at C-Mas in July at the Bay this summer! :alky:FishinSucks and I found ourselves rafted of a Bayliner & a Rinker last year:nilly:. Thats not gonna happen again...

Sweet Cheekz
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
We had a great time Everyone was very nice and tons of beautiful Donzi's and a few Cigs too Well done
Parnell

osur866
05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Just pulled in, had a blast, no chips in the bottom of the boat and dings or nicks in the prop cant quite believe that one but true, good to see all of you and meet people I haven't. :) Steve. PS - Todd you sure you want to ride with me again? :tongue:

Ghost
05-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Just got home. Lisa and I had a blast--thanks to everyone for their hospitality. (Note to self: next time read Bertram Boy's note to self.) -Mike

The Hedgehog
05-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Just pulled in, had a blast, no chips in the bottom of the boat and dings or nicks in the prop cant quite believe that one but true, good to see all of you and meet people I haven't. :) Steve. PS - Todd you sure you want to ride with me again? :tongue:

Hmm, well my brother in law had the ride of his life. I just knew that you would not disappoint!:salute:

show-n-go h2o
05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
even though we missed the lunch run friday due to an impeller and some batteries we had a great time... the Only thing i would change is, Put the Trueser picture show out on the patio while we are eating and during the auction..:boat:

Last Real Texan
05-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Tex checking in here....We had a blast, will definately be back next year for sure...as for the rest I have some photos my wife took and I am digesting the rest of the weekend as we speak....lots of thoughts and a bunch of great guys I mean really great guys.....even you glashole:)..but why does everything have to be a race?:nilly:hope you can find that blade you threw... I have a scuba tank you can borrow next year if you like. Canadians ...what can I say

Good times for sure...and a total recap tonight.

Tex

roadtrip se
05-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Here we go:

The best planning in the world goes up in smoke or better yet, down the drain, when it rains for a week, the lake goes up 20 feet, and it keeps raining. BUT, the sun always shines at AOTH, at least one day. Thank God.

You can not experience a rally from a webcam. New and old, friendships are made in person, not over the web. The boats are faster every year, but the friendships are even stronger.

People dig hickory-smoked barbeque. Thanks again to the Professional Pork Puller’s Society again for shredding 50 pounds of pork loin.

Byron and Jerry are the best organizers and managers I have had the pleasure to work with. I am the weak link. I had a cold all weekend. If somebody got a grumpy response from me, this is why. Sorry to Jill and Elizabeth, too.

New saying for AOTH IX is “Got Wood?” Worst floater problem I have seen in 25 years. Just remember, we broke more stuff at AOTH VIII when the water was clean. It is not this way every year! Please come back!

Tom did go PG-13 for the youngsters in the audience, but he still hurt everybody’s rib cages with laughter. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the club for next year’s seed money. Buizilla and Ghost make mean accountants slash collection agents. Tom, you look great in a lady’s zip up fleece, you bling king!

I will always remember the speech that Phil gave about his interactions with Don Aronow. Priceless. Thanks Scott Pearson for stepping up to a significant piece of memorabilia, Don’s engraved steering wheel.

Thanks to the Cig Boys for bringing a healthy contingent of sweet 20’s.

Thanks to Stuphen for showing off their new stuff. Pretty nice!

Thanks to our sponsors, Bodyshop Solutions, ACDC Donzi Hardware, BBlades, Taod, and Top Knotch. Remember to contact Dr. Dan for more of the new gear with the AOTH logo.

Why is it everybody saw "Wilson" but couldn't find the entrance to Lee's Ford?

Thanks to all the pace boat volunteers in the Fun Run. Remind me to remind you all what pace boat MEANS next year! Geesh!

Thanks to Tamburello for great logos and art work on the t-shirts. The year of the ZX is in the books. I am thinking maybe Blackhawks next year.

Thanks to JRM and Freida for making us all feel at home, yet again. They have already blocked the hotel for us for the weekend before Memorial Day, 2010!

Thanks to all of you who hauled long distances for the first time, or yet again, to join us here. There were some really nice new boats in the crowd like the Widowmaker and many others.

To all the couples and father/son units who showed, too cool. This is a family event.

Thanks to Trueser Inc, for the 1000’s of great pics that he gets every year.

On fun run day, I rode in Steve’s 18, Mike’s Scorpion 28, Byron’s 22, Morgan’s Stuphen, and Gero’s Blackhawk. Great Day, and thanks everybody, but the Flowerpot will be back next year. I am NOT a good passenger.

Congratulations to all of the People’s Choice Award Winners. Thanks for voting and making them look pretty good at the docks!

Okay, enough already. Many of you came up and said thank you before you left. As I said then, the best thank you to give us is to return next year. THANK YOU for coming.

See you for AOTH X!

FISHIN SUCKS
05-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Regarding what Todd (Roadtrip) just said, in the words of Dewey Cox 'How we gonna follow that?' I second everything he said. From the Cigarette Club to the Sutphen group, to the Donzi guys from the Northeast, the Southeast, even the Middle East (Like Virginia or somethin), the Texas crowd and the Midwest, and even our people from our attic (Canada),very cool and classy boats and people!!! Thank you so much for making Barbi and I's weekend a very memorable one, you are the BEST!!!!

PS. Scholle, are you ever gonna get a Donzi, or are you adopted? Checkmate, Powerplay, what next? Ya just gotta be different, don'tcha? Cool boat btw!

BUIZILLA
05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
my review could take days to type....

to sum it up, thank you for allowing me to be around the greatest people on earth..

:lobster:

VetteLT193
05-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Donna and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone. We had to leave early to attend another function but next year we will do just the AOTH. It was more fun. Air 22 passed us going home and we had to drive like crazy just to catch him. He drives the Escalade like it is Donzi. Hope to see everyone soon.

And thanks for loaning out Donna to help Kathy with the kids. and thanks for squeezing in the 3rd row of the Navigator. We'll DEFINITELY see you guys again.

fegettes
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Regarding what Todd (Roadtrip) just said, in the words of Dewey Cox 'How we gonna follow that?' I second everything he said. From the Cigarette Club to the Sutphen group, to the Donzi guys from the Northeast, the Southeast, even the Middle East (Like Virginia or somethin), the Texas crowd and the Midwest, and even our people from our attic (Canada),very cool and classy boats and people!!! Thank you so much for making Barbi and I's weekend a very memorable one, you are the BEST!!!!

PS. Scholle, are you ever gonna get a Donzi, or are you adopted? Checkmate, Powerplay, what next? Ya just gotta be different, don'tcha? Cool boat btw!

Ditto. What he said.

Next year I believe I will have to bring a boat.

Atomic Tan
05-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Ditto all of the above and thanks to everyone who actively participated to make AOTH a huge success once again. It was great seeing everyone. The one event I think we will all remember for years to come is the auction. We all owe a huge thanks to Phil Lipschutz for the donation of the Don Aronow wheel and the story that goes along with it. He really went above and beyond.
The interaction between the Cig and Donzi clubs the last few years has made for some really fun events.
Five hours labor and a whole lot of detailing reveals that we still have the same hull that we started with. I hope everyone else is as fortunate.
We're booked and looking forward to next year.
Thanks again to everyone involved,
Carl & Patti

FISHIN SUCKS
05-19-2009, 05:56 AM
One other special thanx to Deric's (ShowNGoH2O) dad Steve Massie, thank you so much for helping me with accomodations to play trailer mechanic, you guys are all that and a bag of chips. Many many thanx to great people!!!
tom

KerrLake
05-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for all the time and effort you guys put into this event. I had my first ride in a 22c and it will probally be the most exciting ride I will ever have in a boat. It would be hard to top that, thanks alot Russ. I felt like I was in a James Bond movie. Look for us next year with a boat that actually runs. I didn't get to meet all the guys, but I will eventually. We had to duck out early on Sat. so my friend could get back home to deal with some family issues. Now if I can just get that boat to run......
Brian

Air 22
05-19-2009, 11:34 AM

Good thing you 2 held up ur AOTH ID's...I thought someone was chasing me...:nilly: :)

Made it home safe after a 8 hr tow 5 hrs in the rain:boggled:...
Had a great time...Thanks Pearson for the Gentleman Jack:) We'll do it again in LG:yes::tongue:

donzi2287
05-19-2009, 11:53 AM
You know......It doesn't matter where we are or go , it is always fun. Just an awsome group of people. It's great to meet with old friends and meet new ones!
Eddie:yes:

BigGrizzly
05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
As usual we had fun. I think the Corsican was the right boat to bring this time it was like riding a personal roller coaster. Just think of all the people who never saw one before. BTW it is better in the rain then the Criterion. This was the best one yet. PS. I am already booked for next year.

BUIZILLA
05-19-2009, 12:04 PM
BTW it is better in the rain then the Criterion. did you get hit in the hailstorm leaving the raft up like we did?? hail in the face isn't fun... :bonk:

Lenny
05-19-2009, 12:11 PM
did you get hit in the hailstorm leaving the raft up like we did?? hail in the face isn't fun... :bonk:

Jim, I can't do rain in the LE (above 40) let alone hail. Brutal I am sure to say the least.

:eek:

BigGrizzly
05-19-2009, 12:12 PM
I though something heart my forehead. With the Corsican the wind shield worked good if I slouched. and the rain was behind me on the back seat. Thanks Buiz, you did bilge the boat you just did not see it. It was dey when I got in to go back to Jamestown.

sweet 16 1966
05-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Running the boat and spending times with friends. I feel much better now! Thank you all. There were many more I wanted to talk with and meet so
I look forward to next year to do so. Thanks to Jerry, Byran, Todd & the rest of the MWDF for making this a special event. Brian- Kerrlake- looked for you Sat.-
had plenty of room. Fridays run back was fun while we following the red Cig's path to keep from hitting logs until he disappeared in the last couple miles! The prop has some small dings from but all is good considering. Hope all made it home safe and sound!

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Running the boat and spending times with friends. I feel much better now! Thank you all. There were many more I wanted to talk with and meet so
I look forward to next year to do so. Thanks to Jerry, Byran, Todd & the rest of the MWDF for making this a special event. Brian- Kerrlake- looked for you Sat.-
had plenty of room. Fridays run back was fun while we following the red Cig's path to keep from hitting logs until he disappeared in the last couple miles! The prop has some small dings from but all is good considering. Hope all made it home safe and sound!

Russ... can you send me or post up some pictures? I know you got a couple of my boat and I'm looking for one with me behind the wheel.

It was awesome to see you again. I can't wait to do it another time.

Trueser
05-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I should have some Let me check a few tonight.

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I should have some Let me check a few tonight.

Thanks bro!

I know I saw you taking some off to the side. I REALLY appreciate you looking:)

Trueser
05-19-2009, 08:40 PM
This one

KerrLake
05-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Russ... can you send me or post up some pictures? I know you got a couple of my boat and I'm looking for one with me behind the wheel.

It was awesome to see you again. I can't wait to do it another time.

I think I may have one too. I'll check.

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 09:31 PM
This one

Thanks, I appreciate it! If you have it in larger format I'll pm you my email addy

I think I may have one too. I'll check.

Please post!

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I think it was all good. I had enough help to keep me from falling down the steps and it took a big load off Barbara, thanks to all. Russ we need to fix your boat tabs and do some real prop stuff. Lake is up another foot since last week.

DonziChick
05-20-2009, 11:33 AM
As usual, I had a great time. I'm glad our weather shaped up somewhat. I am very surprised at the small number of casualties especially with all the wood in the water. I'm glad there weren't too many problems.

Thanks to everyone who registered early on Friday so we could move things along. I think a few of you who registered on Saturday may be missing t-shirts. If you are, please let me know and we can get those out to you. Also, if anyone wants additional t-shirts we'll have those up on our website shortly (going to dad's tonight to inventory).

Todd - I didn't notice a difference in your level of grumpiness - I thought you were always like that! :D :bonk:

Big thanks to everyone who helped out from the father - DAUGHTER team :D (I don't know what's up with this father/son stuff...)

Trueser
05-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Congratulations to all of the People’s Choice Award Winners. Thanks for voting and making them look pretty good at the docks!

See you for AOTH X!

We should post the award winners.

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
We should post the award winners.

Yeah, I heard that there is a guy in a stocker Scorpion that is a Really Big Deal now that he has won an award!:)

I am pretty sure that it was that anchor locker that took it over the top.

On a serious note, I am totally redoing my anchor locker after seeing yours.

Trueser
05-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I heard that there is a guy in a stocker Scorpion that is a Really Big Deal now that he has won an award!:)

I am pretty sure that it was that anchor locker that took it over the top.

On a serious note, I am totally redoing my anchor locker after seeing yours.

Let me know if you need measurements/more pictures...

LOL. Big deal.................

The Hedgehog
05-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Let me know if you need measurements/more pictures...

LOL. Big deal.................

Funny. I was going to do a mock up of something like yours and then have someone cut it out of billet with a C&C machine..... Actually more of my speed is to do one out of wood, get it all pimped out and then realize that it is too big to fit in the locker:eek:

I am going in first to patch those last anchor scars with glass then I will clean and bilge coat the compartment.

I may need some more pics later. I have to be careful or else the holder will look like a Bob Villa on acid project.

It all sounds so good until I realize that the front of my engine is in pieces:smash:

gero1
05-21-2009, 06:48 AM
if anybody knows who put the cases of beer in front of my door sunday morning let me know......i went out to drink some coffee and smoke....never saw them.....luckey for me the ground was their to catch me when i tripped and fell over them!!!! coffee and smoke went flying. good times, A!:canada:

ITTLFLI
05-21-2009, 07:46 AM
if anybody knows who put the cases of beer in front of my door sunday morning let me know......i went out to drink some coffee and smoke....never saw them.....luckey for me the ground was their to catch me when i tripped and fell over them!!!! coffee and smoke went flying. good times, A!:canada:

I really liked your new mufflers! You blew them right out at start up....back to the drawin board....:bonk:

BERTRAM BOY
05-21-2009, 08:30 AM

Something tells me that is was the guy pictured below....just a hunch.

BigGrizzly
05-21-2009, 09:04 AM
What Robbert did not tell you was that he did drink the beer when he spilled the coffee.

BERTRAM BOY
05-21-2009, 09:36 AM
What Robbert did not tell you was that he did drink the beer when he spilled the coffee.

What he's also not telling you, is that he needed the beer because some Damn Yankee drank all of his strawberry moonshine....mmmmmm yummy.

gero1
05-21-2009, 09:22 PM
sorry bb, but i tryed to tell ya...it aint kool aid. hey thats why i brought it,thats why its called vacation

Sutphen Guy
05-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey Donzi Guys,

It was a great trip to Kentucky for the SUTPHEN crew, we got a chance to meet some real boaters, guys that love there boats, run them hard, turn there own wrenches and know how to have a great time doing it.
Thanks for having us, see you all at AOTH 10.

Morgan Haak
Sutphen Performance Group
845-467-7786

FISHIN SUCKS
05-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey Donzi Guys,

It was a great trip to Kentucky for the SUTPHEN crew, we got a chance to meet some real boaters, guys that love there boats, run them hard, turn there own wrenches and know how to have a great time doing it.
Thanks for having us, see you all at AOTH 10.

Morgan Haak
Sutphen Performance Group
845-467-7786
Happy to hear you guys had a great time! Look forward to seein ya next year........and again, you guys brought some beautiful boats! Have a great season,

tom
aka 'half-baked auctioneer':smash::smash::smash:

BUIZILLA
05-25-2009, 02:56 PM
has everybody done a chine/strake and bottom check since they returned?? :eek:

like get on your back and slide under your trailer for a lookysee...

:smash:

BUIZILLA
05-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Mine looks fine.. :) how do you know? you don't remember what shade of dust it is... :bonk: :tongue:

The Hedgehog
05-25-2009, 07:15 PM

I will do that once I get finished sliding around in my bilge and intake pleneum!:hangum:

BERTRAM BOY
05-25-2009, 08:15 PM

As a matter of fact I just did check my strakes.... while I was installing my new LED trailer lights.

I think I left one of the old ones somewhere in Ohio...

Donzi Vol
05-25-2009, 08:20 PM
I will do that once I get finished sliding around in my bilge and intake pleneum!:hangum:

How is that going by the way? Or is it still a sore subject?

Air 22
05-25-2009, 09:44 PM

All polished and ready for LG...Just had a little grime from the 6hr haul home in the rain...:nilly:Still looks fab..wadda trailer u and da Poodle had made:smash:...Luv it!:thumbsup:

The Hedgehog
05-25-2009, 10:18 PM
How is that going by the way? Or is it still a sore subject?

So far, so good. I found a good bit of metal in the bilge and the cooler but nothing past the intercooler. I hope to hear back from Procharger this week.