PDA

View Full Version : cockpit cover classic 18

batproductions
05-16-2009, 11:58 AM
:cool!:Anyone know if there is a pre made cockpit cover? Original factory snaps.
Thanks

MOP
05-16-2009, 01:50 PM
:cool!:Anyone know if there is a pre made cockpit cover? Original factory snaps.
Thanks

You will run into a problem with a cover that has the snaps already installed, take my word they never ever match up. You will be way ahead getting a cover made then installing the snaps to match what is on the boat.

Phil

Planetwarmer
05-16-2009, 06:55 PM
For sure! The boats were hand built. That leaves alot of room for differences between each boat. I doubt they followed a mold when installing the snaps, just a general guideline.

I too would have one made for YOUR boat.

fasttrucker
05-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Yes,custom canvas shop is the way to go.A full cover you can order on line www.boatcoversdirect.com

boldts
05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
BiltRite used to be the original company that provided both the interiors and covers for the older Donzi boats. I believe that company has been taken over by a company in VA now. They have all the original patterns I believe and would be my 1st choice to go to for a cockpit cover if I needed one. You can get what-ever you want in color, stripe to match your boat down the middle, etc.

Been away for a bit on this stuff, so if I'm wrong or if someone has the name of the company in VA, please correct me here or help me out fellows.

Kinda amazing, but most interior shops can't seem to get the curve in the back bench backrest right either. I bought a perfect complete interior for my 1969 18' Classic from BiltRite and it was just like the day the boat came off the assembly line.

jl1962
05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
PM Bob at Bilt-Rite - he is knots2u on this forum. Or email is BiltRiteUph@aol.com
And put the snaps on after.