PDA

View Full Version : carl c's 22

hot shot
05-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Carl C's 22 is now at brian 41"s to finish the job... nice work so far carl... I looked it over yesterday... now brian will make a custon set of tails and keep his Q & Q and figure out the wiring ( it won't start ) and he'll have it back to carl tue or wed... not back... good luck carl

Carl C
05-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks Mick. I looked your boat over too. It is really looking awesome but was obvious that it wouldn't be ready for AOTH. I really like the "backwards" Corsa diverters that Brian will be putting on mine. He has a whole crapload of them too. Mick, like I said in the other thread, you are welcome to climb in my boat and check it out if you want.

hot shot
05-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I like everything i see... the boat is in bristol condition..( like new ) and very well taken care of.... i'm not sure about sleeping up in the bow but that looks like it was well done as well.... yellow and blue are a great combo... nice work Mick :yes::yes:

Pismo
05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I remember someone doing a thread a year or two ago about finishing the area up front on a 22. Cut down the foot pad, carpet, etc. It turned out great. Does Carl's have the same?

Planetwarmer
05-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I remember someone doing a thread a year or two ago about finishing the area up front on a 22. Cut down the foot pad, carpet, etc. It turned out great. Does Carl's have the same?

You are probably talking about Carl's boat.

Pismo
05-16-2009, 02:27 PM
This one?

Carl C
05-16-2009, 02:38 PM
This one?

That looks familiar ;). It was mainly to open up storage space but sleeping is doable in there. Actually it wasn't quite finished in that pic and it doesn't show the floorboards well. The thread is called 'I removed my forward storage bin today". There are some better pics on the last page of that thread.

Carl C
05-16-2009, 03:03 PM
That pic looks shabby, here are better ones:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=377339&postcount=86

Pismo
05-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Love that front cabin job. Who made you the carpet? What thickness plywood did you use?

Carl C
05-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Love that front cabin job. Who made you the carpet? What thickness plywood did you use?

I'm not sure but I think it was 3/8 plywood. The front 4' or so already has a plywood floor. The project added about 15 pounds to the boat if I remember right and that is due to the hefty carpet. If I pull the carpet, which was done by MatWorks, the boat is lighter than stock. All the details are in that thread.

boxy
05-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Carl, when 2 dudes sleep in the Cuddy, which one has to straddle the hose ??? :nilly::wrench::eek: :D :D

Carl C
05-17-2009, 02:11 PM
I kind of frown on the two dudes in there thingy but if it's really cold out then the skinnier of the two goes outboard of the hoses! If it's warm and the boat's not covered in dew, the back seat is open!

Pismo
05-18-2009, 08:07 AM
I have the damn center gas fill. I would have to reroute that to the side first. That means drilling a large hole for a new filler in the deck.

Planetwarmer
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I have the damn center gas fill. I would have to reroute that to the side first. That means drilling a large hole for a new filler in the deck.

I think there is plenty of room in there to sleep on either side of the center fill hose. Neither way is ideal, but I really don't see a problem with the center fill hose at all. You could wrap it in a copper pipe and use it for the midget strippers. (Lemons to Lemonade, my friend):cool:

Ed Donnelly
05-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Its nice to see people have stopped making fun, and have come up with really creative ideas. The copper pole is brilliant..but...
midgets???? Man get with it, its little strippers.............Ed

chrisc2
05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm with you Ed. Let's keep it real..:cool: Boxy, You crack me up like no one else here. Best to all.:clap:Carl, You really need to go back to another thread and do the right thing.

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Carl takes a lot of crap from you guys. I hope he realizes part of it is envy. He has done a great job. Years ago a merry well know engine builder/ boat driver told me I could not close cool a 700 hp blower motor, I did it anyway, Now it is as common as anything.

hot shot
05-20-2009, 10:31 AM
I was just at brians shop last night and it is stacked full of boats... a hustler, 2 formula's, 2 donzi's and four of five other boats.. and was checking the progress on carl's boat and it is gonna be a bad azz ride, brian is such a fanatic everything he does has to be perfect and it is showing, we are custom matching the paint for it today because the new tails did not line up and is getting some wiring issues done... its gonna cost some $$$$$ but everything has a price.... i'd like to see the look on carl's face when he grabs a handfull of throttle for the first time
BUT and i mean BUT he needs to get the steering done now brian could have the motor back out and the steering done i a couple of days easy... i understand his budget is what it is but it will cost big $$$$ to do it later...either way its one of the stand out donzi's that is have seen... good luck carl

Jraysray
05-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Good to hear... Carl you left some money aside for food and shelter I hope. :popcorn: