PDA

View Full Version : So its going to be quite for a few..

Jraysray
05-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Looks like the non AOTH guy's and gals will be peering in on that little cam stuck on a pole in the marina.

Let's list the reason why You and I did not go.

Me- the boat is not ready for the masses. Its in decent shape but needs some work. That is a heck of a drive too. Sure does look like fun anyways. Have fun Guy's.

Your turn, oh yeah "Go Rockets!"

Just Say N20
05-15-2009, 06:05 AM
It looks like its going to be quite quiet. :)

I didn't go for two reasons. The boat is not ready (deck is coming off this week end to repair Lounge seat). And my daughter's graduation from HS is this week end.

Donziweasel
05-15-2009, 06:58 AM
I did not go becuase I am up to my neck in diapers........:)

CJmike
05-15-2009, 07:41 AM
My tail pipes for dana headers are arriving today.:nilly:

But I wish things would have pulled togther three weeks ago.:bonk:

Oh well hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have a running boat.:boat:

CHACHI
05-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Dash is out and I have a bathroom to finish.

Ken

chappy
05-15-2009, 08:16 AM
No excuses for me.:(

I'm jealous of everyone there.:cool:

I should make the time.:yes:

DonziJon
05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I didn't go because I didn't feel like it. :smash: John

Marlin275
05-15-2009, 09:30 AM
New engine going in next week.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45351&d=1240768825

Kirbyvv
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Trying to finish the addition we started last year before I start spending every weekend on the water.

CHACHI
05-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Kirby, I will be up at Americade in a few weeks, shall I bring a hammer with me.
I can help at night.

Ken

tamburello
05-15-2009, 10:38 AM
I moved from Michigan to Southern California last year. The boat is still in Michigan and the logistics were a little tricky to figure out this year. I was going to get the Donzi out here but we're talking about keeping it in the Michigan to use at future AOTH events and on vacations. Time to start the West Coast boat fund. :boat:

- Jeff

Kirbyvv
05-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Ken, if you're here over the weekend, maybe I can get you out in the X-18 for a spin.

CHACHI
05-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I am arriving on Monday June 1 leaving Sat June 6

Ken

Kirbyvv
05-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Maybe a beer :drinkbeer:

CHACHI
05-15-2009, 12:09 PM
For sure.

Ken

Donziweasel
05-15-2009, 12:12 PM
.... I hope your old 16 gets gps'ed this weekend. Im stuck in my little boat shop building. I hope to make LG this yr..... even just for one day. Boo-Boo, heres your baby sitter when you come to Winni some day.

I hope it gets GPS's too. Haven't heard much from him since he picked it up. Thanks for the babysitting offer.....we will get there one day.....:)

Carl C
05-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Boat's not ready and the piggy bank is almost empty. I just might show up next year when I will have a "contender" to take along. I have inside word that another big dollar 22C may not be making it. That will dissapoint some folks. Don't want to mention names.

Donziweasel
05-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Carl, not trying to start something, but why when you talk about attending AOTH do you always mention you have to have a "contender" or "be in the front pack", "give some of you a run" etc.....?

Lenny has attended many functions and never even brought a boat. Many folks bring stock boats, or no boats. It is not a competition of who has the fastest boat. It is about meeting fellow Donzi enthusiasts and making friends. There will always be someone faster......

While I have never been, it seems Donzi owners who have unique Donzi's, restored old Donzi's, and beautiful Donzi's get far more attention than those with the fastest ones......

mrfixxall
05-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Carl, not trying to start something, but why when you talk about attending AOTH do you always mention you have to have a "contender" or "be in the front pack", "give some of you a run" etc.....?
Lenny has attended many functions and never even brought a boat. Many folks bring stock boats, or no boats. It is not a competition of who has the fastest boat. It is about meeting fellow Donzi enthusiasts and making friends. There will always be someone faster......
While I have never been, it seems Donzi owners who have unique Donzi's, restored old Donzi's, and beautiful Donzi's get far more attention than those with the fastest ones......

AMEN!

im putting the cash in to another project that floats :)

Kirbyvv
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
1:10 p.m. @ Lake Cumberland, everyone is out and it is pouring rain...:eek:

JeffH
05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
1) I too have a daughter graduating from HS...throwing her a suprise party Sunday (go Aggies!).

2) Boat is finally perfect but don't have 15 hours to spare on the drive.

3) Many things to fix at the house for graduation when 30 people come over for dinner!

Oh well...maybe Possum Kingdom, but thats dove season...

Carl C
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Maybe to me it's more about running the boat than shooting the sh*t at the dock. And I've always been competitive and an adrenaline junkie, street drags, off-road quad drags and boat racing. Sorry, but to me it's more about the boats. Just me. I don't mean to say that the socializing is not fun and I've already met in person at least a dozen people from this site but number one is running the boats. Also I realize that the runs are not races but we all know that there will be some impromptu speed contests. That's what it is about to me. Driving fast Donzis hard. Not crazy but hard!!! Next year I will be dialed in and will have the steering. Stay tuned......I will not be the fastest but when my steering is done I honestly believe that I will have one of the nicest dozen or so 22 Classics in existence. As of right now I have about $80,000 into this boat and still need to do the steering. Yeah, I like to drive it..........

Donziweasel
05-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Maybe to me it's more about running the boat than shooting the sh*t at the dock. And I've always been competitive, street drags, off-road quad drags and boat racing. Sorry but to me it's more about the boats. Just me.

If you are only going to prove you have a fast boat and to run it hard, then sadly, I think you are missing the whole idea of AOTH.

Carl C
05-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Maybe to me it's more about running the boat than shooting the sh*t at the dock. And I've always been competitive and an adrenaline junkie, street drags, off-road quad drags and boat racing. Sorry, but to me it's more about the boats. Just me. I don't mean to say that the socializing is not fun and I've already met in person at least a dozen people from this site but number one is running the boats. Also I realize that the runs are not races but we all know that there will be some impromptu speed contests. That's what it is about to me. Driving fast Donzis hard. Not crazy but hard!!! Next year I will be dialed in and will have the steering. Stay tuned......I will not be the fastest but when my steering is done I honestly believe that I will have one of the nicest dozen or so 22 Classics in existence. As of right now I have about $80,000 into this boat and still need to do the steering. Yeah, I like to drive it..........

I edited this post to better show how I feel. You are right that I am not into events that are mainly raft-ups or socializing. I want to drive the boat and check out the other boats.

hot shot
05-16-2009, 07:29 AM
I feel like puking about what mcleod interiors did to me and what brian 41 my mechanic/designer/fabricator/engineer/rigger etc did for me to try to overcome the whole mcleod factor was unreal, its been like monster garage there for the past 3 or 4 weeks.... but all the kings horses and all the kings men could not fix the mcleod factor... I sorry i let you guys down you will never know how bad i feel....godd bless all of you that showed up to keep this a the best donzi get together ever... see ya next year Mick :(:(

Carl C
05-16-2009, 07:39 AM
I feel like puking about what mcleod interiors did to me and what brian 41 my mechanic/designer/fabricator/engineer/rigger etc did for me to try to overcome the whole mcleod factor was unreal, its been like monster garage there for the past 3 or 4 weeks.... but all the kings horses and all the kings men could not fix the mcleod factor... I sorry i let you guys down you will never know how bad i feel....godd bless all of you that showed up to keep this a the best donzi get together ever... see ya next year Mick :(:(

Mick, I saw your boat at Brian's. It was obvious that it would not be ready but I didn't want to post about it. I know you are disappointed but I think you made the right decision to wait until your boat is right and not try to rush things. Maybe we will both go next year. We could convoy. And our boats will be ready. BTW, feel free to check out my boat at the shop. You are welcome to climb in and check out the underdeck mod. I know you are a big dude so you can pop a seat off a pedestal to look if you want.

tamburello
05-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Mick -

I know a lot of us are looking forward to seeing the finished product. From what I've seen so far it's gonna be off the charts.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with McCloud. I'm sure you are missed at AOTH.

- Jeff

Marlin275
05-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Just a few more days and this gets going in the boat!

SilverBack
05-16-2009, 08:32 PM
If you are only going to prove you have a fast boat and to run it hard, then sadly, I think you are missing the whole idea of AOTH.

Weasel.....different people have different things that interest them and make them happy. I think that your comments are one of the reasons that I did not go this year. Yes my boat is not perfect yet and I did have to work but I don't think that either of those would have stopped me if I would have really wanted to go. I did not want to be the obnoxious guy that wants to be at the front of the pack all the time. I mean I would really want to " Awaken the Horses" if I went. I also don't have enough seat time to run in confused water around all of those boats and people. I would never forgive myself if I hurt someone with my boat. I went to the lake the other day and ran over 100 MPH and had a blast but it was a small lake and not a lot of traffic. There were several bass boats that wanted to try their luck and it is hard not to let them know where they stand when it is so easy to do so. Do you think out of all of those guys someone would not put you to the test if you showed up in a really fast boat?? I don't want to get between you and Carl but Carl has as much right to his opinion as you do. I don't have to agree and you do not either. At the end of the day I still have a hundred MPH boat and you have a classic boat. Your boat will get faster and you will be more than tempted to open it up or why would you have spent the money for a bigger motor?

Maybe people like me and Hedge Hog and Tex and Mr. X and Carl should start a new event for people that enjoy going fast. I have no idea what we could name it though...Awakening of the Horses sounds like an event that would allow you to open them up to me....If not...why don't hey call it meet a lot of nice Donzi folks event....or the classic Donzi get together?

Anyway...Carl..we may be the only ones that are wrong about this but none of us have been so I guess that none of us really know what it is like for sure...maybe I can talk Weasel into running for the pinks and you and I can go in a really nice classic Donzi next year!!:wink:

Donziweasel
05-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Kieth, I have resecpted what you have done and the tenacity you have put into your boat. You have a 100+ mph Donzi and I think that is cool. So, what you are saying is that if you went to AOTH, all you are interested in is running hard? Not interested in the members who took the time out to speak with you on the phone, answer your threads, and help you? All you want to do is show up, smoke the field (which you would probably do), and thats it?

I would like to address a few of the things you said-

Maybe people like me and Hedge Hog and Tex and Mr. X and Carl should start a new event for people that enjoy going fast.

I don't know Ted, but Bill and Brian have both spent a week with me out here and I can honestly say I don't think they give a crap about being fast. They are very down to earth and thier boats were personal projects. Both have told me they spend .001% of there time at WOT. They will give anyone a run if they want, but it is not a priority. They went to AOTH to meet freinds and make new ones. Spoke with Bill this morning and he did not even seem that upset his boat was down. I think before you make that call, you might want to meet these guys instead of just talking with them on the phone.

Do you think out of all of those guys someone would not put you to the test if you showed up in a really fast boat??

Of course they would, and it is to be expected. I have simply noticed that when Carl mentions AOTH, he has never mentioned he would like to meet everyone, perhaps thanks those that gave him advice, buy a round, etc..... He simpy seems most interested in where he will be in the pack.

Also, if you feel the need to run WOT with everyone, but at the same time you say you are not ready to run like that, then I don't know what to say

At the end of the day I still have a hundred MPH boat and you have a classic boat. Your boat will get faster and you will be more than tempted to open it up or why would you have spent the money for a bigger motor?

Kieth, your goals were and are completely different than mine. My goals were to restore my Critter to a BBC, which originally came in it, and to compensate for the performance I have lost due to altitude. As much work as I did on my 16, I opened it up less than a dozen times. Could I add a blower and be at the front of the pack? Sure, but I really don't care. Plus, I have a family now and am not interested in pushing the limits. I would rather see my son and daughter grow up. Would love a ride in Tex or hedghogs boat, but I am not looking for a 90+ mph Critter.

BTW, Ted has a 100 mph Classic, where does he stand?

maybe I can talk Weasel into running for the pinks and you and I can go in a really nice classic Donzi next year!!

I know you are faster and I think you accomplishment is amazing. Why would I want to run against a 100+ mph Donzi? If you want to race bass boats, knock yourself out.

Kieth, I am not even sure what you are saying. You say you have a fast boat. You would want to run it and prove it. You are not ready and should not do that. I am confused.

I will say why I want to go. 1. I love Donzi's and would love to see and appreciate some amazing ones up close. 2. I have traveled to meet Lenny, Mark and Titan. Hedgehog, Tex and Don Tamm have traveled to meet me. These are some of the finest and nicest people I have ever met. If the rest of the people there are as fine as these, then I want to meet each and every one. 3. I owe a hell of a alot of members a handshake, a thank you, and a beer for the help I have recieved on Donzi.net. 4. I want to hang out with the freinds I have already made. Hedge, Tex and I have even been discussing getting a houseboat next year. Love to see Deneen, Lenny, Jeremy and Mark again as well.

Kieth, if you and Carl just want to go to see how fast you are, then I stand by what I said. I think most people go to see old freinds, make new ones, and appreciate Donzi's.

I think that maybe you and Carl should make a priority out of everyone who helped you, instead of wondering if you have the fastest boat. Just my opinion, which you stated I am entitled to.

Why do you want to go?

Never mind, I am done with this arguement, see you next year Kieth, and I will buy the first round.......

Carl C
05-16-2009, 10:38 PM
It sounds like these guys are running plenty hard if a couple of motors have already been destroyed:eek:. I'm not out to be the fastest. I will be happy with low to mid 80s and should have good durability with the 525. I like all the Donzis and to each his own. If someone is happy with a fully restored 65 mph 454 22C then that is cool too. But like Tex, Griz, Silverback, Ted, Doc and Todd, Mick, Yeller and whoever else I'm forgetting, I have a need for speed. Anyway it sounds like these guys are enjoying it all at AOTH. I just don't know how much energy I'd have left to do the barbecue and auction stuff after running hard all day. I'd prolly be ready for dinner and some sleepy.:). Then get up and do it again! Next year I hope to be there and I hope we can all put aside our differences then.

Jraysray
05-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Silver/Weasel,
Nicely put, I see the argument both ways without a lot of tearing each other apart. All I can say is I agree.

It's about friends now and new, fast boats and fun times. How that relates to you and in which order is really up to you and you alone.

SilverBack
05-17-2009, 05:15 AM
Silver/Weasel,
Nicely put, I see the argument both ways without a lot of tearing each other apart. All I can say is I agree.

It's about friends now and new, fast boats and fun times. How that relates to you and in which order is really up to you and you alone.

I am not saying that I would not enjoy meeting everyone. I am just saying that different people have different priorities. That is really all. I just think that Carl did not say anything worth getting "put in his place over". I think that if people really love this site that it would be better if they would wait before chastising other members over every little thing. Every year there are engines and or drives blown. Enough said!!

SilverBack
05-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Kieth, I have resecpted what you have done and the tenacity you have put into your boat. You have a 100+ mph Donzi and I think that is cool. So, what you are saying is that if you went to AOTH, all you are interested in is running hard? Not interested in the members who took the time out to speak with you on the phone, answer your threads, and help you? All you want to do is show up, smoke the field (which you would probably do), and thats it?

I would like to address a few of the things you said-

I don't know Ted, but Bill and Brian have both spent a week with me out here and I can honestly say I don't think they give a crap about being fast. They are very down to earth and thier boats were personal projects. Both have told me they spend .001% of there time at WOT. They will give anyone a run if they want, but it is not a priority. They went to AOTH to meet freinds and make new ones. Spoke with Bill this morning and he did not even seem that upset his boat was down. I think before you make that call, you might want to meet these guys instead of just talking with them on the phone.

I am sure that they did go to meet friends! I am also sure that they do not spend money hand over fist to go slow. I bet that now that Bill has blown his supercharger...Tex will be out in the front of the pack at some point.

Of course they would, and it is to be expected. I have simply noticed that when Carl mentions AOTH, he has never mentioned he would like to meet everyone, perhaps thanks those that gave him advice, buy a round, etc..... He simpy seems most interested in where he will be in the pack.

Also, if you feel the need to run WOT with everyone, but at the same time you say you are not ready to run like that, then I don't know what to say

I am sure that I would be fine but I will feel better to have more time before I go. I already have vacation plans this year. I think that my driving is pretty good. It gets pretty hairy when you go past 85 or so. Maybe you will see what I mean when you get that restored stock 540 ci Critter going.

Kieth, your goals were and are completely different than mine. My goals were to restore my Critter to a BBC, which originally came in it, and to compensate for the performance I have lost due to altitude. As much work as I did on my 16, I opened it up less than a dozen times. Could I add a blower and be at the front of the pack? Sure, but I really don't care. Plus, I have a family now and am not interested in pushing the limits. I would rather see my son and daughter grow up. Would love a ride in Tex or hedghogs boat, but I am not looking for a 90+ mph Critter.

BTW, Ted has a 100 mph Classic, where does he stand?

Ted is the man....If my boat goes 110 MPH or even faster...Ted still has the nicer boat. Ted does everything first class and his boat is perfect. I bet he likes to go fast though....

I know you are faster and I think you accomplishment is amazing. Why would I want to run against a 100+ mph Donzi? If you want to race bass boats, knock yourself out. Thanks for your permission!!

Kieth, I am not even sure what you are saying. You say you have a fast boat. You would want to run it and prove it. You are not ready and should not do that. I am confused. You have not had a Donzi anywhere near this fast...if you ever do it will be a lot more clear to you!

I will say why I want to go. 1. I love Donzi's and would love to see and appreciate some amazing ones up close. 2. I have traveled to meet Lenny, Mark and Titan. Hedgehog, Tex and Don Tamm have traveled to meet me. These are some of the finest and nicest people I have ever met. If the rest of the people there are as fine as these, then I want to meet each and every one. 3. I owe a hell of a alot of members a handshake, a thank you, and a beer for the help I have recieved on Donzi.net. 4. I want to hang out with the freinds I have already made. Hedge, Tex and I have even been discussing getting a houseboat next year. Love to see Deneen, Lenny, Jeremy and Mark again as well.

Kieth, if you and Carl just want to go to see how fast you are, then I stand by what I said. I think most people go to see old freinds, make new ones, and appreciate Donzi's.

I don't think that you have ever gone. I know that I haven't....I don't think that we need the thought police on this board. I have given plenty of money to this board. I donated a lot of parts to this board. I am not bragging. I am just saying. If Carl has a thought about his feelings on why he does or does not go to AOTH....They are his thoughts...I am not too sure that we need someone to tell him that what he thinks is wrong. I can see people speaking up when he says things that should not be said on a board (on any board) but this is his opinion. How do you know that it is wrong and you are right?

I think that maybe you and Carl should make a priority out of everyone who helped you,(we do not need the thought police..we know what we think already...we do not need for you to tell us what to think) instead of wondering if you have the fastest boat. Just my opinion,(I think that your opinion means more to you than it means to to others...sorry) which you stated I am entitled to (You can have an opinion without letting everyone know what it is).

There are several people that have helped me on this board. I have thanked them several times and they know that I appreciate it. There are also a lot of people that don't know what the hell they are talking about with my project. They have given me bad advice at every turn and piled on when things were not perfect. I feel like everything worked out pretty good in the end.

Why do you want to go? I have not been. I do what I set my mind on doing so maybe I don't want to go that bad after all!! I think it may be that I like to enjoy my vacations...I know that 99 percent of the people would be great but there is always the chance that someone would want to tell you what to do when to do it and how to do it. Or someone that doesn't even have his boat together telling you that you are there for the wrong reasons and ruin your vacation having to deal with them.

Never mind, I am done with this arguement, see you next year Kieth, and I will buy the first round....... If I go next year it will be great to see you and everyone else.

I do not want to argue. I just wanted you to know how Carl feels when you jump down his throat when he says (what you think is) the wrong thing. You are both nice guys and love boats. I don't think that you would correct others so easily.

Carl C
05-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks Kieth. C U there next year!!!!!! :)

And we will both be near the front of the pack ;)

And I agree that being put down for saying that I want to bring along a nice boat was not called for and that kind of crappy attitude is one reason I also hesitate to attend some of these events. :(

Carl C
05-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Hey Jray....Not as quiet as you though huh.LOL

mattyboy
05-17-2009, 07:36 AM
i think going to an event changes one's
outlook forever. you need to look at it from all sides to make an informed opinion. Every event i have gone to has had ample water and time to run the boat dry and also meet the people. I have made some life long friends out side of the boating world thru the events. It is a complete package you can't just take one part of it if you want to run in the front of the pack after the run you have to talk to the pack to find out how they stayed in front of you and to answer the questions from the ones that you stayed in front of.
I just find it ironic that on one hand Carl works to have one of the nicest fastest 22 classics out there but he'll never know until he does an event.

I understand the need to run hard and I respect silver for knowing and saying that he might have questions about running hard in a pack.

it has always been an unwritten rule around here never speak badly of someones's donzi now matter how rough it is like their child just cause it is not the nicest one doesn't mean the owner doesn't love it just as much as you love yours.

the same is true for an event someone has put a great deal of time and effort into it it is like their child too. I AM NOT SAYING SILVER OR CARL IS BAD MOUTHING THE EVENT but when you suggest that the boats weren't run or the raft up is not your cup of tea or that the boats are sitting at the dock too long and dock racing is not for you. someone has put time and effort into all of that. especially at AOTH Todd Jerry his daughter Scott B and the gang ( sorry if I left someone out)do alot more work to make sure everyone feels welcome and has something to eat. they have to ensure everyone's safety , enjoyment, and to show them a great time in and out of the boats. so I guess what i am saying is maybe saying nothing is better sometimes than saying something???

organizing an event gives a different perpective I guess. I know where you are coming from Silver and Carl. Todd was one of our biggest " the dustoff is for dock queens" nay sayer until he showed up at one and ran the boat Talk to him now. In fact you've seen some dustoff influence on the AOTH recently.
Running an event is a learning process the LGDCC club has always tried to learn and change we have added the other donzi boats into our fall event while keeping the spring event the only event for donzi classics.
If you want to know you were you stand or where your classic stands it does have to spend some time at the dock so the judges can look thru it but we have heard "i want to run " crew and part of the judging process happens during the run.

and also remember everyone does like to run their boats and that sometimes leads to pictures only being taken when the boats are at the dock off plane or rafted up ;) sometimes giving the run a slow or off plane look

so how does the old latin quote go veni vidi vici

In order to come see and conquer you have to come first ;)

sorry i missed it again it is a tough time of year next year or two when jamie get's into college

SilverBack
05-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks MattyBoy....I appreciate your perspective on things....I know that I will have a great time when I go and I know that AOTH is a great event and I do not want to take anything from the event planners. The size of the event and the interest in the event says it all....these guys put on a great event for sure!!!

mattyboy
05-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Thanks MattyBoy....I appreciate your perspective on things....I know that I will have a great time when I go and I know that AOTH is a great event and I do not want to take anything from the event planners. The size of the event and the interest in the event says it all....these guys put on a great event for sure!!!

a real big turn out, says alot when you get that many boats around the lake from a 30 footer to a 16 footer and everyone enjoys themselves :)

Donziweasel
05-17-2009, 10:18 AM
And I agree that being put down for saying that I want to bring along a nice boat was not called for and that kind of crappy attitude is one reason I also hesitate to attend some of these events.

Now, where exactly in my question does it say I am putting you down for bringing a nice boat? Here it is to refresh your memory-

You are delusional. Once again, you only hear what you want and only listen to what you want, much like all the advice you have been given over the years. Do you read what you post? And you wonder why you catch so much crap on here. I said nothing about you bringing a nice boat. I simply asked why you always spoke of running in the front of the pack or whatever when you spoke of AOTH. Classic Carl redirect. I simply found it odd you never speak of meeting fellow members.

You replied, and that was it, until Kieth decided he needed to defend you. Carl, you are 50+ year old guy and I didn't think you needed a babysitter.

Once again I said I was done. You two keep bringing it up. Didn't want a full blown arguement, but you two are the ones keeping this going, so keep it up. We can let it go, or continue to go at it, your choice.

Kieth, all I did was ask Carl a question, and I got my respnose. Leave it alone, it has nothing to do with you. BTW, I am not shooting for a 85 mph Critter. My setup at my altitude will be around 70 mph. Fatherhood has tempered my aspirations.

BTW, Carl, you have a very nice boat, I don't think that has ever been disputed.

Mike, sorry, not my intent.

I know I would rather be there than chatting here......

Off to change a diaper....

Carl C
05-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Carl, not trying to start something, but

:rolleyes:

Off to change a diaper....

Good idea.

Donziweasel
05-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I will change the diaper, you have fun and make some money at the flea market, Kieth can go run his boat and there will be peace throughout the land........

SilverBack
05-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I will change the diaper, you have fun and make some money at the flea market, Kieth can go run his boat and there will be peace throughout the land........

I think that you are a good guy...I am not trying to say that you are not. I know that Bill and Bryan think you are a really nice guy and they have met you. The short version of what I am saying is ......if you want to go to AOTH to meet people that is fine.....if Carl on the other hand want to go fast and be in the front then that is fine with me also!! I think that you are both nice people and I respect your view point.

I just think that Carl catches it all the time and sometimes he does go too far (as do I) but I don't think that is a reason to tell him that his thoughts are wrong on this. The bottom line is that none of us are there and none of us made it. We all have our reasons.

I think that this board runs better when people don't act superior to others. I have gone too far with my words a few times too. I wish that I could take things back that I have said to RTSE and GRIZZ but when it is put out there you can't take it back.

Enjoy your new babies and don't worry about me....I didn't want to get into and argument either ..I just wanted to get you to stop and think about Carl's point of view:wink:

Phil S
05-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I would have love to have gone, meet some new friends, and I'd promise not to drool on any one's cool boat ! I think it'd be awesome to see and hear all those nice boats.

I used to live in Lexington, KY about 15 years ago...go Wildcats ! The company I worked for there was called Webb Co's, and they developed the Jamestown Marina & hotel there. We used to go there quite alot back then. One of the owners used to have a huge houseboat docked there called the Webbtide....wondering if it's still docked there. I think he had a pretty fast Donzi at one time too, don't know what kind it was though. This was back in 1989, 1990 or so.

We'll probably go next year, sans boat, though. Our Ragazza is a family boat for skiing / tubing our kids around. Doubt it would "fit in" there. Nevertheless, I would love seeing some real classics, and meeting their owners. I can respect and appreciate all the time, work, and money that goes into these things.

As an aside, we recently went to an old wooden boat show near us on Lake Keowee, SC...some 40-50 year old Chris Crafts, Centurions, etc. Beautiful old boats, and super-nice, friendly owners. I'm sure AOTH would be great.

Donziweasel
05-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Thank you Kieth, I appreciate that.:)

My offer stands, next year I get the first round.....

I will be there, Boo Boo and I are planning a month long trip back east and will hit AOTH on the way back. We will bre in Mobile, AL, for a week or so at Margi's parents house on Dauphin Island. Ain't that far from Louisiana if you want to come over for a run.....:)

SilverBack
05-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I would have love to have gone, meet some new friends, and I'd promise not to drool on any one's cool boat ! I think it'd be awesome to see and hear all those nice boats.

I used to live in Lexington, KY about 15 years ago...go Wildcats ! The company I worked for there was called Webb Co's, and they developed the Jamestown Marina & hotel there. We used to go there quite alot back then. One of the owners used to have a huge houseboat docked there called the Webbtide....wondering if it's still docked there. I think he had a pretty fast Donzi at one time too, don't know what kind it was though. This was back in 1989, 1990 or so.

We'll probably go next year, sans boat, though. Our Ragazza is a family boat for skiing / tubing our kids around. Doubt it would "fit in" there. Nevertheless, I would love seeing some real classics, and meeting their owners. I can respect and appreciate all the time, work, and money that goes into these things.

As an aside, we recently went to an old wooden boat show near us on Lake Keowee, SC...some 40-50 year old Chris Crafts, Centurions, etc. Beautiful old boats, and super-nice, friendly owners. I'm sure AOTH would be great.

I have been around this site for a few years and I don't think that your Ragazza would be frowned upon. I used to have a 23' Ragazza and we loved it and would still have it if a tree would not have fallen and cut it in half. That Ragazza is a really nice boat. It was great for tubing and doing all kinds of things in!!

SilverBack
05-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Thank you Kieth, I appreciate that.:)

My offer stands, next year I get the first round.....

I will be there, Boo Boo and I are planning a month long trip back east and will hit AOTH on the way back. We will bre in Mobile, AL, for a week or so at Margi's parents house on Dauphin Island. Ain't that far from Louisiana if you want to come over for a run.....:)

No problem!! I hope that I am out of excuses and will see you at AOTH next year though....I know that all of us that are not there are kicking ourselves!!!!

Donziweasel
05-17-2009, 12:24 PM

Phil, I agree with Kieth, I am sure your boat would be welcomed.

I am not naming names, but some ZX guys told me a few years back weren't sure thier "boats" would fit in either. Now you not only have Donzi's of every shape and size, but there are some Cigs there too.

I am still looking at 28 ZXO's. It is a cuddy, bow rider, family oriented boat. Might show up with that. Doesn't hurt they offered it with twin Scorpions......

Carl C
05-17-2009, 06:38 PM
A Regazza would fit in fine. I respect anyone on the water as long as they half way know what they are doing. If all they can afford is a used Bayliner then good for them for at least getting on the water. I love PWCs too, they are a blast to drive. God forbid I say this but I'm even OK with large sailboats, you know, the kind that take a crew and captain and skill to operate...very cool. I don't think you'll find any snobs here. No one would put down a Regazza. They represent part of Donzis history. Bring it next year. If we can get Yeller and Mick and Silverback and some of the other cool boats going together now at next year's AOTH along with the regular bunch maybe it could be the best AOTH ever!:beer:

The Hedgehog
05-17-2009, 07:10 PM
From a guy that just got back from AOTH: ALL Donzi's are welcome. There was a cruiser this year and they came back after they had so much fun last year. The ZX was a feature boat this year. Before I went last year I was concerned that it would be a group of uptight people that would stick their nose up at you if you were not sporting the right part number on some obscure motor part. It is not like that at all. Everyone is kind and helps each other out. I had the best time this year talking smack late night with some of the Blackhawk purists. Shea and Robbie are some fun guys but I could tell that they were the kind of guys that would have my back once the blower came apart.

AOTH is both about meeting people AND driving your boat. This year my boat broke. It happens. I would go again in a second without my boat. I have learned that some of these folks that I thought may have been uptight are actually really cool folks. I had 5 people in my group. They all got some great rides even though I did not have my boat. I sent my bro inlaw with Steve Whitney to get the ride of his life in an 18. Wait till you see those pics. His bro inlaw got to ride in a Blackhawk. Fishin Sucks took in my wife (I probably better be careful how I say that with folks like him) and I rode with Tex. Nobody flinched about taking them in.

Sure, we all like to go fast. Very fast. To me though the people are the best part. That is how you find yourself up in Wyoming having the time of your life with Weasel or having some beers with Fishin Sucks when you are in Muncie. You get to know a few more people the more you go and that is what is cool. When I first got on this sight, I thought that this Roadtrip SE guy was some direct and arrogant guy that I would clash with. After spending some time talking to him in person, I fully plan to join Todd and his wife Jill for some fun on Lake Cumberland this summer. There are some real class acts on this sight and meeting them in person makes it even better.

Team Jefe
05-17-2009, 07:22 PM
John / Keith - I'm glad y'all got it worked out becasue I was fixin to put the smackdown on both of you. You're both great guys and you both love Donzi's as is VERY apparent...so shut-up (which you did) and come to an event (which you will). The Senator is correct, the events change you...its more than the go fast, the boats and the people...its greater than the sum of the parts. this family is an amazing thing and there is room for dock queens and speed junkies and everything in-between .......and I know you both know that. So, teh FIRST round is on ME next year..and I don't care if it hair-lip's the HarborMaster:lookaroun:

And so CArl....and you two I want to go 90 in a critter that is No Grizz'z and I want to go like a yellow streak of lightning and I want to ride that monster ape as well....WIDE FU#KING OPEN BABY!

Once and for all.....ALL DONZI'S and the pretty much everyone else are WELCOME. Heck they let me come with a Fish Boat, they'll welcome anybody.

Back on Subject: I'm not there becasue I am a train wreck who can not keep his Sh!t together....and I'm sick for not being there.

Donzi Vol
05-17-2009, 07:58 PM
From a guy that just got back from AOTH: ALL Donzi's are welcome. There was a cruiser this year and they came back after they had so much fun last year. The ZX was a feature boat this year. Before I went last year I was concerned that it would be a group of uptight people that would stick their nose up at you if you were not sporting the right part number on some obscure motor part. It is not like that at all. Everyone is kind and helps each other out. I had the best time this year talking smack late night with some of the Blackhawk purists. Shea and Robbie are some fun guys but I could tell that they were the kind of guys that would have my back once the blower came apart.

AOTH is both about meeting people AND driving your boat. This year my boat broke. It happens. I would go again in a second without my boat. I have learned that some of these folks that I thought may have been uptight are actually really cool folks. I had 5 people in my group. They all got some great rides even though I did not have my boat. I sent my bro inlaw with Steve Whitney to get the ride of his life in an 18. Wait till you see those pics. His bro inlaw got to ride in a Blackhawk. Fishin Sucks took in my wife (I probably better be careful how I say that with folks like him) and I rode with Tex. Nobody flinched about taking them in.

Sure, we all like to go fast. Very fast. To me though the people are the best part. That is how you find yourself up in Wyoming having the time of your life with Weasel or having some beers with Fishin Sucks when you are in Muncie. You get to know a few more people the more you go and that is what is cool. When I first got on this sight, I thought that this Roadtrip SE guy was some direct and arrogant guy that I would clash with. After spending some time talking to him in person, I fully plan to join Todd and his wife Jill for some fun on Lake Cumberland this summer. There are some real class acts on this sight and meeting them in person makes it even better.

Ditto! Uncle Tom and I didn't have a boat this year (well until after the event was over...but that's a whole other story), and we had a blast. RedDog and Mrs. RedDog (Debby) were more than welcoming to have us along. The dinners and the drinks afterward are a great time to put faces with donzi.net handles and get to know some new people. I hope to see you guys there next year...as you were very missed!

All the best,
David

Donziweasel
05-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Jefe, no worries. I have a little cabin fever from taking care of the twins 24/7. Flat worn out.......

Bill, great talkin with ya today and glad you had fun, will be there next year. Give me a shout later in the week.

Donziweasel
05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Jefe, no worries. I have a little cabin fever from taking care of the twins 24/7. Flat worn out and a little grumpy.......

Bill, great talkin with ya today and glad you had fun, will be there next year. Give me a shout later in the week.

Jraysray
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
John / Keith - I'm glad y'all got it worked out becasue I was fixin to put the smackdown on both of you. You're both great guys and you both love Donzi's as is VERY apparent...so shut-up (which you did) and come to an event (which you will). The Senator is correct, the events change you...its more than the go fast, the boats and the people...its greater than the sum of the parts. this family is an amazing thing and there is room for dock queens and speed junkies and everything in-between .......and I know you both know that. So, teh FIRST round is on ME next year..and I don't care if it hair-lip's the HarborMaster:lookaroun:

And so CArl....and you two I want to go 90 in a critter that is No Grizz'z and I want to go like a yellow streak of lightning and I want to ride that monster ape as well....WIDE FU#KING OPEN BABY!

Once and for all.....ALL DONZI'S and the pretty much everyone else are WELCOME. Heck they let me come with a Fish Boat, they'll welcome anybody.

Back on Subject: I'm not there becasue I am a train wreck who can not keep his Sh!t together....and I'm sick for not being there.

Jefe............
Jray (My wife for you others) asked if you were going to show up in Austin. We were in Galveston at Bargain Beach Wear and it is kind of weak this year. Ike jacked them up. Hell it saved me around 3 hundy though. The smaller the suit the larger the price. It's like paying homage to the designer.

Call me if interested, couple days on Travis will straighten those kinks.....

boxy
05-18-2009, 07:49 AM
If we can get Yeller and Mick and Silverback and some of the other cool boats going together now at next year's AOTH along with the regular bunch maybe it could be the best AOTH ever!:beer:

Carl, you just don't get it, do you? I don't think you ever will. Maybe a trip to the AOTH, Lake George, the Hometown Rally, or Lake Winni might help, but I don't think so, and that's too bad.

You keep throwing other peoples name into a group that you want to attend so that the regular folk will have something cool to stare at.

Last year at Lake George I sat with this guy at the bar for a bunch of beers, then I ended up joining Todd and this guy at a table for dinner. Really interesting guy, fun as hell and great stories. We laughed, we drank, we became friends. When I caught up to my new friend the next morning I realized that the guy I had been talking to had one of the sweetest 22's I had ever seen. The boat didn't make him cool, he made the boat cool.

Thanks again for the beers Mick, hope to see you this year at Lake George.

Carl C
05-18-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry, I don't drink except for a very ocassional beer. I will just forget the Donzi events if they are mainly about getting drunk. You are right. I don't get it.

boxy
05-18-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry, I don't drink except for a very ocassional beer. I will just forget the Donzi events if they are mainly about getting drunk. You are right. I don't get it.

Carl, where did I say I got drunk at Lake George?
I did say a bunch of beers, but 4 Bud Light in the space of a couple hours would be a bunch, maybe I should have said a few.

Rootsy
05-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Carl, where did I say I got drunk at Lake George?
I did say a bunch of beers, but 4 Bud Light in the space of a couple hours would be a bunch, maybe I should have said a few.

Geez... You Canadians are all lushes... :nilly::wink:

chappy
05-18-2009, 11:06 AM
I will just forget the Donzi events if they are mainly about getting drunk.

You know this isn't true, yet you typed it anyway.

:(

The Hedgehog
05-18-2009, 11:32 AM

I don't drink either. I usually just stand around and try to look dissapproving. I make sure that everyone is safe. It is not all about the drinking but it does happen.

This is a guy from our group after a few days at AOTH. Nice hard working guy from Nebraska but there was not much left of him.

Carl C
05-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Boat's not ready and the piggy bank is almost empty. I just might show up next year when I will have a "contender" to take along. I have inside word that another big dollar 22C may not be making it. That will dissapoint some folks. Don't want to mention names.

Why did this thread become all about me when this was my original post? No, I really don't get it. Chappy, I think I'm serious about forgetting the events. There is just a lot of negativity. I can get together with other boaters here on Lake St. Clair.

mike o
05-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Ahh, Come on Carl, dont be that way. There's something for everybody here.:yes: What about the 90 mile run over to the bahamas. You could be the first one there.:kingme:

mattyboy
05-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Why did this thread become all about me

Carl cause you have let the fingers type before the thought gear is engaged.
you've typed some stuff here that wether you know it or not can be really irritating and can cause un needed headaches for the people who run the events. For Sure I will get some emails now from people who will question attending an event for the first time after reading your posts about negativity and them being all about getting drunk. WHICH IS NOT THE CASE

as I said in my earlier post going to an event will change you forever. :yes:

Donzi Vol
05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Carl cause you have let the fingers type before the thought gear is engaged.
you've typed some stuff here that wether you know it or not can be really irritating and can cause un needed headaches for the people who run the events. For Sure I will get some emails now from people who will question attending an event for the first time after reading your posts about negativity and them being all about getting drunk. WHICH IS NOT THE CASE

as I said in my earlier post going to an event will change you forever. :yes:

matty, I looked for you this weekend. I thought I was buying the first round and you were buying the 2nd through 4th!

And no, any event is not all about drinking. If it were, I would be talking about a 12th round...hehe.

Donzi Vol
05-18-2009, 12:27 PM
[quote=The Hedgehog;513450]I don't drink either. I usually just stand around and try to look dissapproving. I make sure that everyone is safe.quote]

LOL! Now what was that text you sent me last night?

mattyboy
05-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Donzi Vol

i really missed being there Pearson is still bustin my chops about how he needed another driver going out there.

soon with the empty nest I will be able to travel some more to the events I have not been at

:beer:

The Hedgehog
05-18-2009, 01:01 PM
[quote=The Hedgehog;513450]I don't drink either. I usually just stand around and try to look dissapproving. I make sure that everyone is safe.quote]

LOL! Now what was that text you sent me last night?

There is no telling. It was a long but fun weekend!

Donzi Vol
05-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Donzi Vol

i really missed being there Pearson is still bustin my chops about how he needed another driver going out there.

soon with the empty nest I will be able to travel some more to the events I have not been at

Fair enough. We'll look for you next year for sure. Speaking of Pearson, as you can imagine I am in love with his orange and white barrel back. I tried to trade him for a triple hatch in 4 pieces, but he just wasn't having it.

mattyboy
05-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Fair enough. We'll look for you next year for sure. Speaking of Pearson, as you can imagine I am in love with his orange and white barrel back. I tried to trade him for a triple hatch in 4 pieces, but he just wasn't having it.

not the first time someone tried that trade ;)

CJmike
05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
My weekend. Notice a little problem? Someone screwed up. But you can guess who they said made the mistake.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/CJMikeK/boat%20exhaust/IMGP1717.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/CJMikeK/boat%20exhaust/IMGP1716.jpg

The Hedgehog
05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
My weekend. Notice a little problem? Someone screwed up. But you can guess who they said made the mistake.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/CJMikeK/boat%20exhaust/IMGP1717.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/CJMikeK/boat%20exhaust/IMGP1716.jpg

WTF. That looks like they too the stock end and just kept going down. And they thought that would work? I can tell you for a fact that the stock pipes bolted right up.

The Hedgehog
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM

What the heck did I say? I may have been carrying on with my buddy John and sent something to the wrong address.

Yeah, Pearson bought that dang wheel I wanted. I could not get a bearing from my wife on how high was appropriate. In the end she would have been cool if I would have gone higher but I was scared that it was the booze making me bid.

CJmike
05-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Bob at Dana says it was my mistake. Mike at Cp Performance doesn't agree and has agreed to work with me on fixing the mistake. Getting the mistake fixed involves sending them to Hardin marine to be reworked.

:nilly:

Round and round she goes, when will we get on the water, no one knows.

My least favorite nursery rhyme these days.

I think I gotta new name for the boat after all this.
OUTTA GREEN

The Hedgehog
05-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Bob at Dana says it was my mistake. Mike at Cp Performance doesn't agree and has agreed to work with me on fixing the mistake. Getting the mistake fixed involves sending them to Hardin marine to be reworked.

:nilly:

Round and round she goes, when will we get on the water, no one knows.

My least favorite nursery rhyme these days.

I think I gotta new name for the boat after all this.
OUTTA GREEN

Great name. It sounds like they did goof that up.

I have had good dealings with CP these days.

CJmike
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Even though its not their mistake they are going the extra step to make sure I get something I can use. Can't say the same for Dana. Which is really to bad becuase I think they have a great looking product. To bad their customer service doesn't match.

boldts
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Guys, as former president of the club and 1 of 3 Donzi owners who started AOTH 9 yrs ago now. Its a gathering! Not an event. LOL (For all those picky Insurance companies out there) Funny, but it seems if you call it an event vs a gathering, the people who put these gatherings together can be held responsible for a mistake/tradgedy that could happen on any lake in America on any given weekend. BTW, this advice was given to me by the then Lake George Classic Donzi Club's president Fasteddie. Very nice man who helped me in many ways to get our 1st yr. rolling. I had owned my 18' Classic for 9 or 10 yrs when I found this website. Without the Harbormaster and everyone who helps him thru donations to the site. AOTH might have never been started.

Our intention from the beginning of AOTH was that every Donzi owner in the world could come & enjoy 4 days with a group of people who also enjoyed the love of boating whether it be a Donzi or not. I got a few "Why you doing that?" questions the year I believe (3 ago) that we choose to invite any owner of an Aronow company. We've had a Magnum in attendance. Beautiful boat I got to drive one evening after the days activities. Because of opening it up to all Aronow boat companies, there is now a very strong contingent of 20' Cigarettes joining the gathering every year. While the gathering is a Donzi gathering, all Donzi models and anyone else who wants to run their boat of choice is welcome to come run with us. If you have a problem with the boat? You'll have 150 + helping you solve that problem and if unable? Maybe you'll have your 1st ride in a different Donzi model after you are helped getting your boat secured.

I remember the very 1st year. 2 members from Donzi.net were having some bad words between them here on the boards. Thursday arrived, I'm down early cause I had never been to Jamestown before and I wanted to try and greet as many as possible as they came in. I'm thinking to myself......"What if these two guys get into it here at the gathering?" You know what? They met each other there and are today very good friends. Not a voice was raised or a punch thrown to my knowledge. They may have still not totally agreed with each other, put they understood better where each of them were coming from. The internet does NOT express a person's feelings. People can take many comments posted in so many different ways.

Now then for the name of the gathering - Not everyone lives in a year-round boating atmosphere. I here in Ohio have a winter season. So, in the shower the name Awakening of the Horses came to be. 1. For me, it was early in my boating season and fresh into Spring so for my Donzi, it was an Awakening. BTW, the date of early Spring was picked so as not to interfere with any other Donzi gathering already happening. This is a very difficult thing now adays with so many great boating activities occurring. (Poker Runs, Holidays & yes other club gatherings) 2. The bluegrass state of Kentucky is known for horse racing. Engines in our boats are referred to how many horses does she have? So, the natural name I thought at the time was: The Awakening of the Horses. Cause when a boat of any type with thru-hull exhaust comes to life at the turn of the key, it AWAKENS everything in the area! Nothing like feeling those vibrations going thru your body. At least for me anyways. The houseboaters at Jamestown may have a different opinion. LOL We've always tried to be respectful of them over the years though.(Except on Saturday night when a certain 30' Black Widow pulls into dinner & the auction. Thru-hull is even louder on a quiet night it seems! LOL) How-ever if you want to do an early morning ride to another marina for breakfast? No one is going to tell you you can't. That is part of the gathering. Enjoying your boat!

As for the running up front of the pack? Not a thing wrong with that since this lake also provides many marinas to fill your fuel tank. :) This gathering is no Dock Queen gathering! We have always run the boats every day of the gathering and both Thursday and Sunday if you so desire. You and a buddy want to go out and run a challenge to see who is faster? Have at it. This lake is I believe the 4th largest inland lake in the country. There are miles of water to let your horses run wild. It doesn't have to occur in the planned runs of the day although yes, there are always those little run-offs that occur then too. All I can suggest is have your GPS loaded. This lake is BIG with many fingers that all look the same if your not paying attention. Very much like heading out onto a Great Lake or ocean with a GPS or compass to know how to get back from that water everywhere view you have. The great part is that when you return from your run, its not like a weekend voyage where the guy you ran against disappears because of the loss or the win. We come back to a Central gathering place and you can go up to them and say, "What all you got in your Donzi? She runs wicked fast!" or the other way around in most cases the faster guy saying "Your boat runs really great, but let me show you a couple things about mine or how your driving yours that will increase your performance if you choose to try them." You see, it's not a poker run where maybe it's more about the speed of your boat. (Most of those are pace boat led until you get out to wide open water) There will always be someone faster whether on the street, drag strip, race track or water way. The best part of a gathering is that the people there all share your interests. Even if they own a Donzi made for the family outings on lakes. Doesn't mean that that owner doesn't want to experience that thrill of a fast Donzi with you or that fish boat owner doesn't want to ride in another boat model. Guess what! It's all at a Donzi gathering! No where will you ever meet more people willing to let you experience that ride you've always wanted to feel. Even, a Skater for a high bid at the auction. LOL :)

Matty did a great job here. Just thought maybe I could add a little of the MYSTIC of a Donzi gathering for you all. I know everyone is hoping to meet and experience your experiences in your Donzi no matter which model you own or which Aronow company model you own next year. It will be a life long memory that you will never regret being a part of.

Why was I not there this year? 1.Had my 12 yr. old daughter with me this past weekend.(Can you believe they wrote in the divorce degree that I can't take her to AOTH till she is 13?) 2.Since I had my daughter, I worked Saturday and the OT. Saving for that one day when I can own a Donzi again myself.

Thank-you Todd, Jerry and Byron for keeping the club alive! You and everyone who helped this past weekend did another marvelous job! Can't wait to see how the 10th aniversary is going to take shape!

DonziJon
05-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Why did this thread become all about me when this was my original post? No, I really don't get it. Chappy, I think I'm serious about forgetting the events. There is just a lot of negativity. I can get together with other boaters here on Lake St. Clair.

CARL;: This thread is not about you. It's about some A-Holes who need to feel good about themselves......for whatever reason...Whacking someone who will not rise to the bait. It pisses them off that you don't get pissed.

I was considering PM-ing you with my support, ......but descided that would be cowardly on my part, so I am supporting you publicly right here.... I RESPECT anyone who will speak their mind as you do. I think it used to be called HONESTY. ................THEY.. DON"T GET IT. :bonk: John

Donziweasel
05-18-2009, 07:07 PM
I was done with this until I saw your post Jon.

RESPECT anyone who will speak their mind as you do. I think it used to be called HONESTY

It's about some A-Holes who need to feel good about themselves

Kinda catch 22 isn't it? Carl speaks his mind and gets your support. Speaks of drinking and boating, smoking whatever, breaking international boating laws, etc...and you support him.

We speak our minds and are A-holes. Hmmmm.....something seems not right here....

Jon, I always thought you were a good guy and you and I have never had a cross word on here. If you want to support Carl, feel free, BUT you might not want to call the rest of us A-holes in the process. I had no idea you considered me an a-hole. I guess I now know where I stand with you.

I respect you and your views whether I agree with them or not. I would not call you an a-hole for expressing them though.

You can support members without bashing other members, you know that right?

I'll take the high road. Even though you have a negative opinion of me and others who have replied to this thread, I have no ill will towards you and will not resort to name calling........

John

The Hedgehog
05-18-2009, 08:00 PM
CARL;: This thread is not about you. It's about some A-Holes who need to feel good about themselves......for whatever reason...Whacking someone who will not rise to the bait. It pisses them off that you don't get pissed.
I was considering PM-ing you with my support, ......but descided that would be cowardly on my part, so I am supporting you publicly right here.... I RESPECT anyone who will speak their mind as you do. I think it used to be called HONESTY. ................THEY.. DON"T GET IT. :bonk: John

Is that how you really feel? That kind of disappoints me.

I sometimes do feel pretty good about myself and prefer that to feeling bad about myself, heck maybe I am an A-hole. I do disagree with folks and have been known to express my opinion. I actually like folks expressing different views and think it is ok to disagree. Sure, it gets emphatic at times but in the end it is all how you conduct yourself when you do it. I am not sure how that makes me an A-hole (I guess that I am a THEY since I went to AOTH).

I guess that you have elevated yourself because you simply "did not feel like" going to AOTH. You seem to revel in that fact.

As for some of the others that did not attend. Well, I think that it would have been an even better event if they made it. I don't agree with Keith on all fronts but he called me at AOTH when I had my engine problem. I could tell he was not gloating but being sincerely sympathetic. I appreciate that. Weasel is a friend of mine and he called too. He wanted to be there but he had no sour grapes.

SilverBack
05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Is that how you really feel? That kind of disappoints me.

I sometimes do feel pretty good about myself and prefer that to feeling bad about myself, heck maybe I am an A-hole. I do disagree with folks and have been known to express my opinion. I actually like folks expressing different views and think it is ok to disagree. Sure, it gets emphatic at times but in the end it is all how you conduct yourself when you do it. I am not sure how that makes me an A-hole (I guess that I am a THEY since I went to AOTH).

I guess that you have elevated yourself because you simply "did not feel like" going to AOTH. You seem to revel in that fact.

As for some of the others that did not attend. Well, I think that it would have been an even better event if they made it. I don't agree with Keith on all fronts but he called me at AOTH when I had my engine problem. I could tell he was not gloating but being sincerely sympathetic. I appreciate that. Weasel is a friend of mine and he called too. He wanted to be there but he had no sour grapes.

What do you mean...that you do not agree with me on all fronts??:wink: I don't even agree with me on all fronts!!:bonk:

Donziweasel
05-18-2009, 08:38 PM
is that how you really feel? That kind of disappoints me.

I sometimes do feel pretty good about myself and prefer that to feeling bad about myself, heck maybe i am an a-hole. I do disagree with folks and have been known to express my opinion. I actually like folks expressing different views and think it is ok to disagree. Sure, it gets emphatic at times but in the end it is all how you conduct yourself when you do it. I am not sure how that makes me an a-hole (i guess that i am a they since i went to aoth).

I guess that you have elevated yourself because you simply "did not feel like" going to aoth. You seem to revel in that fact.

As for some of the others that did not attend. Well, i think that it would have been an even better event if they made it. I don't agree with keith on all fronts but he called me at aoth when i had my engine problem. I could tell he was not gloating but being sincerely sympathetic. I appreciate that. Weasel is a friend of mine and he called too. He wanted to be there but he had no sour grapes.

amen brother!:)

Donzi Vol
05-18-2009, 09:08 PM
What the heck did I say? I may have been carrying on with my buddy John and sent something to the wrong address.

Yeah, Pearson bought that dang wheel I wanted. I could not get a bearing from my wife on how high was appropriate. In the end she would have been cool if I would have gone higher but I was scared that it was the booze making me bid.

I asked if you made it home OK and you said "yes. I was pretty hungover" I laughed a lot. Hard for a man who doesn't drink to be hungover :wink:

The Hedgehog
05-18-2009, 09:13 PM
I asked if you made it home OK and you said "yes. I was pretty hungover" I laughed a lot. Hard for a man who doesn't drink to be hungover :wink:

OMG, I remember now. I was pretty worn out from towing the 26 around and watching the OSS race. Oh yeah, and being hungover!:hyper:

boxy
05-18-2009, 10:08 PM
So Jon, was the "Most Tolerant" tag you used to post under your name factual, or was it something else ?????

gold-n-rod
05-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Carl speaks his mind and gets your support. Speaks of drinking and boating, smoking whatever, breaking international boating laws, etc...and you support him.

John: You need to let this go. Really. You've been breathing too many diaper fumes man. Repeat after me..... ohhmm, ohhmmm, ohhmmm.....

Peace out, my fellow Donzi fan.

Phil S
05-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks to all of you that posted that we would be welcome at AOTH. We are definitely planning it for next year....from the pics I've seen, to the stories posted on here, it sure does seem like an awful fun "gathering" to attend with some very nice folks....seems like there is fun to be had there for everyone. I'm looking forward to going next year. I'll definitely be running at the back of the pack, as my boat only goes 70 on a trailer, but no worries.:)

Great pictures posted on here of boats going fast, getting air & whatnot...there's even a picture of a canadian boat getting air too....sorry Shea...I don't know you, but that was too funny to pass up....:)...I like your style...I think!? It sure sounds like you all always have fun at these "gatherings"..no matter, which is, no doubt, the point.

Have a safe boating season, and I look forward to seeing you at a "gathering" soon.
Phil

Ghost
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Just a shout-out to everyone, both those who made the trip and those who did not. I have to say it was a great time, and an amazing bunch of folks as well as an incredible collection of boats. (I'll admit I certainly allowed myself to get carried away clowning around and having some surplus beers, but that was nothing close to a requirement by any means, and I would encourage anyone with more as well as less sense than me to attend without reservation.) The people here have created a great community.

Regards,

Mike

Cuda
05-19-2009, 04:38 AM
No excuses for me.:(

I'm jealous of everyone there.:cool:

I should make the time.:yes:
Nobody on their death bed said they had wished they had spent more time at work.

Donziweasel
05-19-2009, 05:59 AM
Not too many diaper fumes, I just take offense when someone who doesn't know me or has never met me calls me an a-hole. It was let go, I am not the one who keeps bringing it up. I will leave it at that Randy.
Peace.

John

Cuda
05-19-2009, 06:01 AM
I am not naming names, but some ZX guys told me a few years back weren't sure thier "boats" would fit in either. Now you not only have Donzi's of every shape and size, but there are some Cigs there too.
I am still looking at 28 ZXO's. It is a cuddy, bow rider, family oriented boat. Might show up with that. Doesn't hurt they offered it with twin Scorpions......
Ted had one of the cleanest 28 Zx I've ever seen at Sarasota a few years back, and yes, it had twin Scorps of course. :cool:

Cuda
05-19-2009, 06:03 AM
I told onesubdriver (aka Wayne) he had the fastest Ragazza on the planet! I've boated with him in the Minx, the 22 C, and the Formula. We never failed to have fun. :cool:

Cuda
05-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks Kieth. C U there next year!!!!!! :)

And we will both be near the front of the pack ;)

And I agree that being put down for saying that I want to bring along a nice boat was not called for and that kind of crappy attitude is one reason I also hesitate to attend some of these events. :(
Nobody will force you to come, nor run at the back of the pack, I can promise you that after attending several events, even before I owned a Donzi.

Cuda
05-19-2009, 06:12 AM
I have never once drank even one beer and gotten behind the wheel of a performance boat. Not on the big poker run at Jax, but I was snot hanging drunk that night.

There is a time and a place for everything. This is neither the time, nor the place for discussing anyone's drinking habits.

Cuda
05-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Ahh, Come on Carl, dont be that way. There's something for everybody here.:yes: What about the 90 mile run over to the bahamas. You could be the first one there.:kingme:
It's only 50 miles from FTL to Bimini. At 100mph a boat could be there and back in a hour. :eek::nilly:

Cuda
05-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Donzi Vol
If you ever get to Florida, I'd like to meet you. The very first Donzi get together I ever attended, I had the twin Formula 242 Ls. The only current members I remember being there was Mp, Tidbart, and Jamesbond. :)

Cuda
05-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Guys, as former president of the club and 1 of 3 Donzi owners who started AOTH 9 yrs now ago. Its a gathering! Not an event. LOL (For all those picky Insurance companies out there) Funny, but it seems if you call it an event vs a gathering, the people who put these gatherings together can be held responsible for a mistake/tradgedy that could happen on any lake in American on any given weekend. BTW, this advice was given to me by the then Lake George Classic Donzi Club's president Fasteddie. Very nice man who helped me in many ways to get our 1st yr. rolling. I had owned my 18' Classic for 9 or 10 yrs when I found this website. Without the Harbormaster and everyone who helps him thru donations to the site. AOTH might have never been started.
Our intention from the beginning of AOTH was that every Donzi owner in the world could come & enjoy 4 days with a group of people who also enjoyed the love of boating whether it be a Donzi or not. I got a few "Why you doing that?" questions the year I believe (3 ago) that we choose to invite any owner of an Aronow company. We've had a Magnum in attendance. Beautiful boat I got to drive one evening after the days activities. Because of opening it up to all Aronow boat companies, there is now a very strong contingent of 20' Cigarettes joining the gathering every year. While the gathering is a Donzi gathering, all and anyone is welcome to come run there pride & joy with us. If you have a problem with the boat? You'll have 150 + helping you solve that problem and if unable? Maybe you'll have your 1st ride in a Donzi after you are helped getting your boat secured.
I remember the very 1st year. 2 members from Donzi.net were having some bad words between them here on the boards. Thursday arrived, I'm down early cause I had never been to Jamestown before and I wanted to try and greet as many as possible as they came in. I'm thinking to myself......"What if these two guys get into it here at the gathering?" You know what? They met each other there and are today very good friends. Not a voice was raised or a bunch thrown to my knowledge. The internet does NOT express a person's feelings. People can take many comments posted in so many different ways.
Now then for the name of the gathering - Not everyone lives in a year-round boating atmosphere. I here in Ohio have a winter season. So, in the shower the name Awakening of the Horses came to be. 1. For me, it was early in my boating season and fresh into Spring so for my Donzi, it was an Awakening. BTW, the date of early Spring was picked so as to not interfere with any other Donzi gathering already happening. This is a very difficult thing now adays with so many great boating activities occurring. (Poker Runs, Holidays & yes other club gatherings) 2. The bluegrass state of Kentucky is known for race horsing. Engines in our boats are referred to how many horses does she have? So, the natural name I thought at the time was: The Awakening of the Horses. Cause when a boat of any type with thru-hull exhaust comes to life at the turn of the key, it AWAKENS everything in the area! Nothing like feeling those vibrations going thru your body. At least for me anyways. The houseboaters at Jamestown may have a different opinion. LOL We've always tried to be respectful of them over the years though. How-ever if you want to do an early morning ride to another marina for breakfast? No one is going to tell you you can't. That is part of the gathering. Enjoying your boat!
As for the running up front of the pack? Not a thing wrong with that since this lake also provides many marinas to fill your fuel tank. :) This gathering is no Dock Queen gathering! We have always run the boats every day of the gathering both Thursday and Sunday if you so desire. You and a buddy want to go out and run a challenge to see who is faster? Have at it. This lake is I believe the 4th biggest inland lake in the country. There are miles of water to let your horses run wild. It doesn't have to occur in the planned runs of the day although yes, there always those little run-offs that occur then too. All I can suggest is have your GPS loaded. This lake is BIG with many fingers that all look the same if your not paying attention. Very much like heading out onto a Great Lake or ocean with a GPS or compass to know how to get back from that water everywhere view you have. The great part is that when you return from your run, its not like a weekend voyage where the guy you ran against disappears because of the loss or the win. We come back to a Central gathering place and you can go up to them and "Say, what all you got in your Donzi? She runs wicked fast!" or the other way around in most cases the faster guy saying "Your boat runs really great, but let me show you a couple things about mine or how your driving yours that will increase your performance if you choose to try them." You see, it's not a poker run where maybe it's more about the speed of your boat. There will always be someone faster whether on the street, drag strip, race track or water way. The best part of a gathering is that the people there all share your interests. Even if they own a Donzi made for the family outings on lakes. Doesn't mean that that owner doesn't want to experience that thrill with you or that fish boat owner doesn't want to ride in another boat model. Guess what! It's all at a Donzi gathering! No where will you ever meet more people willing to let you experience that ride you've always want to feel. Even, a Skater for a high bid at the auction. LOL :)
Matty did a great job here. Just thought maybe I could add a little of the MYSTIC of a Donzi gathering for you all. I know everyone is hoping to meet and experience your experiences in your Donzi no matter which model you own or which Aronow company model you own next year. It will be a life long memory that you will never regret being a part of.
Why was I not there this year? 1.Had my 12 yr. old daughter with me this past weekend.(Can you believe they wrote in the divorce degree that I can't take her to AOTH till she is 13?) 2.Since I had my daughter, I worked Saturday and the OT. Saving for that one day when I can own a Donzi again myself.
Thank-you Todd, Jerry and Byron for keeping the club alive! You and everyone who helped this past weekend did another marvelous job! Can't wait to see how the 10th aniversary is going to take shape!
I didn't go because Howard O got my last Donzi, and I have yet to perfect the act of walking on water. :)

You have always seemed to put attending and Donzi get together in perspective.:cool:

Cuda
05-19-2009, 06:37 AM
I was done with this until I saw your post Jon.
Kinda catch 22 isn't it? .
John
I know that red headed 93 mph trailer queen! I talked to him yesterday. :)

Carl C
05-19-2009, 06:47 AM
DonziJon, I really truly appreciate your support and your having the balls to post it openly but you shouldn't have done it man! And you bitter fight picking people here better lay off just because he was big enough to call a spade a spade.

Do not make this man your new whipping boy.

I am logging back off. There are friendlier performance boating forums out there.

onesubdrvr
05-19-2009, 06:52 AM
I told onesubdriver (aka Wayne) he had the fastest Ragazza on the planet! I've boated with him in the Minx, the 22 C, and the Formula. We never failed to have fun. :cool:

AMEN BROTHER!!

It has always been a great time with everyone I've met here,...

my graduation party, lake harris (just a BBQ, and limited boat running), Porky's, Angel Aid poker run, you name it, I haven't been to 1 "Donzi" event and been dissapointed.

Wayne
Former owner of the Worlds Fastest Ragazza
Current owener of a Psychotic chicken basket case :)

chappy
05-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Nobody on their death bed said they had wished they had spent more time at work.

Wasn't working, but thanks for the concern.:)

Cuda
05-19-2009, 07:09 AM
AMEN BROTHER!!

It has always been a great time with everyone I've met here,...

my graduation party, lake harris (just a BBQ, and limited boat running), Porky's, Angel Aid poker run, you name it, I haven't been to 1 "Donzi" event and been dissapointed.

Wayne
Former owner of the Worlds Fastest Ragazza
Current owener of a Psychotic chicken basket case :)

I believe it was when you were headed back from Porky's that you decided the Ragazza would pick up some more speed, if you dumped the rear seat cushion on I-95, somewhere between there and your house.
:eek::boggled::bonk::hangum::shocking::)

Cuda
05-19-2009, 07:14 AM
I am logging back off. There are friendlier performance boating forums out there.

Hmm, really? I've been going to performance boating sites since 2001, and this site has the least amount of pecker measuring of any that I've been to.

boxy
05-19-2009, 07:38 AM

Carl, I speak for no one but myself. No clique, no secret society, no band of brothers.
If it wasn't for the people on this board I would have been gone long ago, I ended up here after talking to GeneD about a 66 barrelback. I was actively looking for an 18 at the time. Things changed, my boat money dissapeared in a high tech IPO, we had a second daughter, I started a new truck company, and we built a house.
Well 7 years later I'm still looking for an 18, but the search is a little slower because there are now 4 of us stretching the play dollar, and I have access to boats in the St. Lawrence and the Gulf of Mexico.
Navigating for FrankC, and Melissa lead to holding the first 1000 Islands Event, which lead to meeting the Senator, Marie and the kids, Poodle and Hiedi, Doc and Liz, Tripper, Jill and Polly, Shea, Xteme, OlRed, Atomic Carl and Patti, FastEddie, GEOO, CDMA, Cliff and Di, Tony and Cheri, MOP, Ken, Tom, Don, almost Ed Donnely, Ken and Martha, Grizz, a bunch more people, and the Winni Bandits. Which lead me to Lake Winni where I hung with the BullHamsta and Susie, Woodsy, TommyD, and the rest of Bandits, I got to meet George and Bonnie, Jefe, the HabbaMasta, John Wayne, Brad and Amy, Mikey Miller, Digger and a bunch more people. Which lead me to Lake George where I caught back up with all the people I had met before, and got to know Mick, the FlyBoy, his wingman Haver, Pearson, and the rest of the LG crew. It's also where Lenny and I finally showed the lower 48 what after run refreshments on the dock really mean.
I have met a lot of great people because of this board, and there are a lot of great people still to meet.

If all you are going to do here is worry about being the fastest, then maybe you're right, maybe there are other boards better suited to you.
If you decide to stay great, I hope you figure it out.

If you really are going this time, I think Motely Crue said it best.....

K6apsaXB_Os

Lenny
05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Last year at Lake George I sat with this guy at the bar for a bunch of beers,

Wasn't that me ???

:D :D :D

boxy
05-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Wasn't that me ???

:D :D :D

No, you would be the guy whom I sat on the lawn, deck, dock, porch and parking lot and had beers with .... :D

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM

whoa whoa whoa... that's what I'm starting to look at now. don't steal a boat out from under me! :wink:

In all seriousness, a ZXO would be the ultimate family Donzi.

Donziweasel
05-19-2009, 02:41 PM
whoa whoa whoa... that's what I'm starting to look at now. don't steal a boat out from under me!

In all seriousness, a ZXO would be the ultimate family Donzi.

You know, with where I am now, I am thinking about selling the Critter. I am beginning to realize how little I will be able to use it. I will finish it and hope it goes to a nice new home. I am on the fence, but considering it.

I really need a more family oriented boat. The 28 ZXO has it all for me. A place to get the kids out of the weather, change diapers, and nap. Plus, the bow riding section is HUGE. From what Trueser has told me, it has a really nice ride. Should be good for the whole family.

Was there a ZXO at AOTH this year?

I need to sleep on it, and considering I don't sleep anymore, basically, I will make a decision in a year or so.....:bonk:

VetteLT193
05-19-2009, 02:46 PM
You know, with where I am now, I am thinking about selling the Critter. I am beginning to realize how little I will be able to use it. I will finish it and hope it goes to a nice new home. I am on the fence, but considering it.
I really need a more family oriented boat. The 28 ZXO has it all for me. A place to get the kids out of the weather, change diapers, and nap. Plus, the bow riding section is HUGE. From what Trueser has told me, it has a really nice ride. Should be good for the whole family.
Was there a ZXO at AOTH this year?
I need to sleep on it, and considering I don't sleep anymore, basically, I will make a decision in a year or so.....:bonk:

I don't think there was a ZXO, a few ZX's though. I started looking at ZX's this AM and stumbled upon the ZXO's again. I had forgotten about them all together. A bit more research and I came to the exact same conclusion as you did. I sent pics to my wife and she loves it...

I wouldn't mind one with base power (twin 350's) if the price is right.

Lenny
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM

Bin there, done that... :yes: I think we all warned you about this prior :D Relax though, it starts to wear off in about 20 years...

IMO an open bow/cuddy arrangement (fuel injection) and your local would probably make the other three happier in the familay instead of just one.

Oh, look, here's one ...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2001-DONZI-28-ZXO-94782312

Cuda
05-19-2009, 03:18 PM
The only problem will be you have to ask yourself realistically how often the entire family will want to go boating. I'm betting it wears off faster than the Donzi fever. You might be miles ahead keeping the Minx, then renting a big pontoon or something for family outings.

boldts
05-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Very nice couple. (Wish I could remember their name), but one very SWEET ZXO for you guys to keep in your mind. :)

onesubdrvr
05-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I believe it was when you were headed back from Porky's that you decided the Ragazza would pick up some more speed, if you dumped the rear seat cushion on I-95, somewhere between there and your house.
:eek::boggled::bonk::hangum::shocking::)

:bonk:You're mostly right lol, it was the sun-pad,... a 3x7 sheet of 3/4" marine plywood with the foam and vinyl,.... damn thing must have weighed like 60-70lbs,.....

I would NOT have wanted to be the person behind me when it came loose!!

Wayne

Cuda
05-20-2009, 08:23 AM
:bonk:You're mostly right lol, it was the sun-pad,... a 3x7 sheet of 3/4" marine plywood with the foam and vinyl,.... damn thing must have weighed like 60-70lbs,.....
I would NOT have wanted to be the person behind me when it came loose!!
Wayne
Why do ya think I didn't follow you? ............ I'm just some dumb, not plumb dumb! :)

Lenny
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Wayne, Joe, there is also a 1967 Classic 16 engine cover down around Houston on the side of the road too :banghead:

:D

mattyboy
05-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Wayne, Joe, there is also a 1967 Classic 16 engine cover down around Houston on the side of the road too :banghead:

:D

that one didn't blow off, it was thrown off by some big azz orange man eating insects ;)