PDA

View Full Version : corsa silent chioce unless there's better

miike
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I heard the pneumatic silent choice argument from the parts guy at CP Performance in california. They sell both corsa and the pneumatic type. Almost the same price. Apparently they are magnetically actuated instead of with a solenoid which is strange but fewer moving parts I guess. The guy says people like the pneumatic outfit because it doesnt draw current but I just dont get the point. I'd rather not have an air pump and tank to leak and replace. If I didnt want to draw a current off of anything I wouldnt turn on my lights or stereo so I dont see how that bothers some people.

CP performance has them for 750 or something so unless there is a better option, I guess im going with the corsa.

Any dirt on the corsa system? Can it be found anywhere cheaper?

Thanks,

Mike

yeller
05-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I'd look for a 'take off' set of corsa's and save some cash. Often on OSO or Ebay.

Not drawing current sounds like a pretty lame reason against using corsa's.

VetteLT193
05-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Somewhere in the pneumatic system there is a solenoid. What's the difference?

Doesn't the corsa system use power in one mode? Meaning, you have to either power it open or power it closed (can't remember which, I think they actually changed it at some point anyway).

so, it isn't the power to actually move it, it's the power to keep it in position that people are talking about. (I think)

I had asked about the eBay system and that one is different according to Fixxall... it uses a momentary switch so it can be closed partially and it doesn't use power unless it's being opened or closed.

Pismo
05-11-2009, 07:13 AM
The reason for pneumatic is the keep to electrical/machinery away from the wet, hot, maybe salty environment of marine exhaust.