PDA

View Full Version : AOTH water temps? Swimming?

Okie2
05-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Would I be correct in assuming that there won't be much swimming @ AOTH due to early season water temps? Saw pics from prior years & noticed lots of boats & people...nobody IN the water. Cool weather clothes & barley pop for heat? Still looks like a blast...can't wait!!! Scott

roadtrip se
05-07-2009, 09:10 PM
The water temp is currently in the mid-60's, so it would be a brisk plunge, but a few do it every year. We have had a lot of rain the past few days, so the lake isn't going to warm up much until it stops.

As for the temps, the long range forecast has changed every day this week. Currently, they are looking at high-70s on Friday and 80 on Saturday with little chance for rain. Bring sun block or risk looking like Fishin Sucks after a day at the raft-off sporting the neon, lobster boy tan.

Dr. Dan will have tons of top grade Donzi Logo Hardware, with everything from windshirts, sweatshirts, and fleeces to polos, swim trunks, and hats.
So we got you covered, whatever the weather does!

The Hedgehog
05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
If you walk across the front of a freshly waxed X-18, you will find exactly how cold it is.:nilly: Actually, it was not too bad last year.

FISHIN SUCKS
05-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Lobster Boy????? Okay, RT may have been right one year, maybe two.

Scott, I think I am right when I say I have been the first one to jump in (on purpose, not a slip and fall action) at the raft off for the last 3 or 4 years. I may be corrected, but I think that's accurate. You do get used to it, but your 'boys' may need a day before they drop:eek::eek:

Sweet Cheekz
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM
The water temp is currently in the mid-60's, so it would be a brisk plunge, but a few do it every year. !

Thats Lake Michigan temps till late July! If we didn't swim in that we would swim for about a week a year NK

DonziChick
05-09-2009, 07:20 PM
There's been a couple of years where it was unseasonably warm and a lot of people were swimming but that doesn't happen often.

show-n-go h2o
05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
I have been in the water every year since 2004, it's not to bad once the shock wears off.