PDA

View Full Version : Hornet?

MOP
05-07-2009, 03:38 PM
How far back were they produced?

mattyboy
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
the begining, the benchseat hornet was part of the original 3 in the lineup, now each model after the benchseat, started at different times what model are you referring to

hornet benchseat or 2+3 19

hornet II 20

hornet III 21 ????

MOP
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Matty I am not real sure at this point, I was over my buddies shop today and piped up you are a Donzi guy. Went on the say he found two 19 footers, both with 350/Volvo combos. One is suppose to be nice the other rough, both on trailers for a super cheap price. He wants to decide if he wants them before he gives me the poop on where they are.

Phil

MOP
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Matty I am not real sure at this point, I was over my buddies shop today and piped up you are a Donzi guy. Went on the say he found two 19 footers, both with 350/Volvo combos. One is suppose to be nice the other rough, both on trailers for a super cheap price. He wants to decide if he wants them before he gives me the poop on where they are.

Phil

Edit suppose to be1969 sounded real early to me!

mattyboy
05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
there is too much info on the hornet to post here
seating arrangement is probably the easiest to tell what it is
coring is probably the biggest problem with the early ones

MOP
05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Hopefully I will get to eye the two boats in the near future, a couple of bench seaters would be cool! Thanks Matt I will try to get back soon!

Phil

mattyboy
05-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I have seen a hornet or two on the island lately I think I know the boats
that will be the last thing I say about them publicly if you see them pm me I'll tell you what I know

MOP
05-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Will Do!

LKSD
05-08-2009, 07:46 AM
If you guys are not interested in one of them kindly let me know about them I am going to be hunting for another boat. I am thinking of a several different possibilities: hornet, GT, Critter or maybe a classic again or ??? I am going to want it for my next personal project so depending on condition & price I am a bit openminded and have time on my side..

I got rid of My Zx earlier in the year & Got a Cobalt thats a few years old for now while I search for some new stuff.. I plan to do some custom stuff to this boat as well.. But ideally I also want to have a smaller Donzi to customize & then also grab something 28+ feet for the bigger waters..

The Cobalt will be for using with the family as my sister is having a baby soon and moving back state side with her hubby.. I figured I would get rid of the Zx early in the year as my wifes side of the family has not been doing well health wise, especially her dad. So being that I knew I had limited time to use it this year again I figured why not just get rid of it & take my time watching for some other things big & small.. :) The only thing that frosts me a little bit is Kristin still wanted it the Z to be faster so we had the power out last year when we were done with it as I was going to do some more work & up the power.. It all worked out though as I have a friend who wants to put a blower set up in his Boat, and the boat went without power.. So it seems to have all worked out ok in the end.. :)

;) J

gcarter
05-08-2009, 08:18 AM
If you guys are not interested in one of them kindly let me know about them I am going to be hunting for another boat. I am thinking of a several different possibilities: hornet, GT, Critter or maybe a classic again or ??? I am going to want it for my next personal project so depending on condition & price I am a bit openminded and have time on my side..

I got rid of My Zx earlier in the year & Got a Cobalt thats a few years old for now while I search for some new stuff.. I plan to do some custom stuff to this boat as well.. But ideally I also want to have a smaller Donzi to customize & then also grab something 28+ feet for the bigger waters..

The Cobalt will be for using with the family as my sister is having a baby soon and moving back state side with her hubby.. I figured I would get rid of the Zx early in the year as my wifes side of the family has not been doing well health wise, especially her dad. So being that I knew I had limited time to use it this year again I figured why not just get rid of it & take my time watching for some other things big & small.. :) The only thing that frosts me a little bit is Kristin still wanted it the Z to be faster so we had the power out last year when we were done with it as I was going to do some more work & up the power.. It all worked out though as I have a friend who wants to put a blower set up in his Boat, and the boat went without power.. So it seems to have all worked out ok in the end.. :)

;) J

Jamie, it seems you have some good ideas for a personal project.
I wish you well in your search.
Good luck.

MOP
05-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I myself will not be interested, but will try to keep up with it for the board. If I had deeper pockets then maybe but only a bench would be a temptation!

Phil

handfulz28
05-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Still dreaming about a Hornet II project here

Marlin275
05-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I know the bench seat Hornets are rare but are they great performers?
The vee on these boats is not as sharp as a classic's so they don't handle the rough water as well?

gcarter
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
The vee on these boats is not as sharp as a classic's so they don't handle the rough water as well?
I think it's all about rarity.....like Critters collecting.

RedDog
05-08-2009, 01:07 PM

Maybe not all of them, but this one will get your attention

http://www.donzi.net/photos/MOV00704.MPG

RedDog
05-08-2009, 01:10 PM

LKSD
05-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Jamie, it seems you have some good ideas for a personal project.
I wish you well in your search.
Good luck.

Thanks Geo.. Kristin will obviously also have a say on what I get so we shall see where it goes.. :D J

LKSD
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM

Cookin' ! :eek:

LKSD
05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Donzi Kristin Here.. Jay better not forget about his little "princess" here. :shocking:

I am all for a unique Donzi.. However Jay better not forget about me and my "needs" LOL.. You know what women say Bigger is better. :yes: I would still like something in the 30's.. Whether it be a Donzi, Apache, Cig or numerous other good boats.. I was actually looking at a Hustler for Jay. How nice of me to look for more ways to spend his money. LOL :wink: No have contributed as well. Maybe via my parents but that still counts. LOL

Funny we have a family boat and no family.. No time. Jay is still trying for the extra practice as if we were.. :nilly: At least it is a good boat. We will post some pics. We are still going to change it to our liking.. As it is a few years old. Jay wants to put a teak floor in the Cobalt ...a bit more classy for a bowrider. I must admit I do like the room of the bowrider with the family out.. And since sis is coming back this way after the baby and bought a house at a lake perfect place for use. She also has a condo now at the Outerbanks which we are free to use.

In hindsight...Jay and I should have kept our black classic. It is a great boat.. It was just not an all day boat for us and family and friends. We looked like a clown car in it.. LOL Jay and I change boats and cars like we change our underwear... Actually I think we have changed boats and cars more than our underwear.. No just kidding.. :D Kristin

MOP
05-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote: You know what women say Bigger is better. That is jock talk! It is well known it is the magic in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LKSD
05-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Quote: You know what women say Bigger is better. That is jock talk! It is well known it is the magic in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No no no not magic power boats.....

Ummm, oh wait, :shocking: J said you meant something else... never mind.. :D LOL.. As J stands behind me laughing.. :D

I guess your mind is in the gutter too. lol.. :)

Cant a girl have both?? :D... Just teasin.. :) :cool!: Kristin