PDA

View Full Version : Microswirl edging

yeller
05-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Chachi use to have a sample piece of the Micro-swirl edging, but no longer has it. http://www.saeng.com/category.php?category=80

Does anyone here have a sample piece they are willing to let me try?

zelatore
05-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Gee, if you were coming to Powell I'd let you just drive my boat since I've got it....

(sorry about that, couldn't resist)
:wink:

Tony
05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
I'll have a short piece in a couple weeks after I install mine.
I ordered 6' and will only need a little over five.

Try asking the company for a 2 foot sample section.
They have "seconds" they sell for cheaper...maybe they would send you some to try.

:beer:

CHACHI
05-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Yeller. sample is coming from Saeng.

Ken

yeller
05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeller. sample is coming from Saeng.

KenI'm a little dense, Ken. You called Saeng and ordered another sample piece?

Gee, if you were coming to Powell I'd let you just drive my boat since I've got it....
(sorry about that, couldn't resist)
:wink:Thanks Don.....rub it in. :wink:
Do you find the microswirl works well for you?

zelatore
05-06-2009, 08:06 PM
It does make a difference, but it's not huge. It was cheap enough that I don't feel bad about it, and most people never realize I have it on so that's a plus. It's worth trying.

CHACHI
05-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Yep, when I get it I will need an addy from you.

Sit tight, your deck isn't on yet is it?

Ken

gero1
05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
i tryed it last year, raised the air from my lower neck to my upper neck. i got 2 1.5 foot pieces you can have but you'll have to put new tape on them. or if your coming to aoth i'll take ya for a ride and u be the judge

yeller
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Yep, when I get it I will need an addy from you.

Sit tight, your deck isn't on yet is it?

KenDeck is on, but no hardware yet.
I'll send you an address. Very nice of you to go to the effort. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the offer gero1, but it looks like Ken has me covered.

yeller
05-06-2009, 09:31 PM
It does make a difference, but it's not huge. It was cheap enough that I don't feel bad about it, and most people never realize I have it on so that's a plus. It's worth trying.I don't really care if it doesn't deflect all the wind. I'm just hoping to reduce the ear aches I get at anything over 60.

Tony
05-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I tried Ken's sample piece and it raised the airflow coming off the windshield 5 or 6". Now, instead of hitting me smack in the nose/eyes, it just clears the top of my thinning hair. So, although it's not much of a gain, it worked well for me.

:beer:

CHACHI
05-07-2009, 05:59 AM
You guys are just too tall.

Ken

gcarter
05-07-2009, 07:21 PM

Ken
I learned to slouch in the Minx so I could experience it the way you did.

CHACHI
05-08-2009, 06:00 AM
George, your no slouch.

Ken

yeller
05-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Chachi ordered a 2' sample piece from Saeng for me, but unfortunately they sent a 6 inch piece instead.
I'm thinking that might not be long enough to determine if it works or not.

gero1, if your offer is still open, I'd like to take you up on it.

Thanks again Chachi.

.....and Tony, I've realized I ignored you. :bonk: Sorry about that. I do appreciate the offer. Thanks

Glen

yeller
07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Finally tested the piece(s) Chachi got for me.

Originally they sent Ken a 6" piece so he called them back and got them to send a larger piece. I didn't ask him to do this for me, he just did. Thanks Ken! :yes:

It worked as mentioned by Tony earlier and raised the airflow about 5". (This is on a 04 boat, plexi windscreen - no frame). Unfortunately it is not quite high enough for me. It still catches me in the eyes and ears, (and I've already cut my seat posts to lower the seats a couple inches). At least my old, flabby cheeks don't get pulled back anymore. :biggrin.:

I hate the looks of Windaways, but that may be what I have to get. For now I can leave the sample piece on and slouch in the seat to get out of the wind if I have to.

If my upper body was 2" shorter I'd be ordering the Microswirl for sure. On the smoked plexi windscreen, it doesn't stand out enough to be a distraction to the looks of the boat. If all you need is 5~6" of airflow deflection, then I highly recommend it.

Lenny
07-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Simple, just keep the boat for another 40 years cuz as you know, as you grow older, you also grow shorter. :)

MOP
07-24-2009, 07:41 PM

Ken

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!! Ken is "Terse" that is why Ken has such lovely locks!!!!!!!!!!!

CHACHI
07-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!! Ken is "Terse" that is why Ken has such lovely locks!!!!!!!!!!!

Terse?, I'm just short.

Ken

Tim Morris
07-25-2009, 06:40 AM

Ken

..but you could also lower the seat; or as in Ken's case,
dispense with the seat altogether and get carried away
by the wind. So to speak.

mc donzi
07-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Terse?, I'm just short.

Ken

Short or vertically challenged???

Anyway, Teri says that you're not short where it counts!! LOL

See ya in a couple of weeks.

CHACHI
07-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Humps, everybody's a hump.

Ken

Barry Eller
07-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Has anyone thought about adapting a Bayliner windshield to their Donzi???:shocking:

Carl C
07-26-2009, 07:31 AM
You can hardly see the wind-aways and they do work. They can be adjusted to fit the thick windshield or the thin air dam and can be mounted at two angles. Another plus is that they can be removed. Sometimes on a hot day that wind feels good. Or you can put one on for the ladies and the driver can go without. I like 'em.

roadtrip se
07-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Or you can put one on for the ladies and the driver can go without. I like 'em.

My preference is that the lady ALWAYS go without... oh, but we are talking wind deflection devices here, now aren't we?

LuauLounge
07-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I ordered the windaways, but, with the standard brackets, they won't clamp onto the 22Zx "windshield". Anyone dealt with this? I can come up with some custom clamps, but I really don't have the time.