PDA

View Full Version : AOTH Insurance and Safety Reminder!!!

roadtrip se
05-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Just a friendly reminder to you all. Please have a copy of your boat insurance available to be stapled to your liability release next week.

This is a requirement of participating in the run, no exceptions, so please don't show up without it...

Thank you!

****BOAT OWNERS MUST SURRENDER A COPY OF PROOF OF LIABLITY INSURANCE TO BE ATTACHED TO AN EXCUTED LIABILITY RELEASE FORM IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
****ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO SIGN A LIABILITY RELEASE AT REGISTRATION.
****DRIVERS MUST UTILIZE A KILL SWITCH TETHER AT ALL TIMES. DRIVERS AND PARTICIAPNTS MUST WEAR A LIFE VEST DURING THE ORGANIZED PORTIONS OF THE RUN.

fogducker III
05-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Just a friendly reminder to you all. Please have a copy of your boat insurance available to be stapled to your liability release next week.

This is a requirement of participating in the run, no exceptions, so please don't show up without it...

Thank you!

****BOAT OWNERS MUST SURRENDER A COPY OF PROOF OF LIABLITY INSURANCE TO BE ATTACHED TO AN EXCUTED LIABILITY RELEASE FORM IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
****ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO SIGN A LIABILITY RELEASE AT REGISTRATION.
****DRIVERS MUST UTILIZE A KILL SWITCH TETHER AT ALL TIMES. DRIVERS AND PARTICIAPNTS MUST WEAR A LIFE VEST DURING THE ORGANIZED PORTIONS OF THE RUN.

At almost $2500 for a ONE OFF insurance coverage mine will be "bronzed" so it might be hard to get the staple through it, is that OK....???:wink:

Lenny
05-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Lake levels look good. A bit cloudy tho ;) No earlybirds on the inside yet :D

http://lakecumberland.com/allcamz.php

zelatore
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Lake levels look good. A bit cloudy tho ;) No earlybirds on the inside yet :D

http://lakecumberland.com/allcamz.php

yeah, but check out those SWEEEEEET 'toons!

Ghost
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM

Thank you!

Todd,

Apologies if I missed the answer in my searches. Anything more specific in the "life vest" requirements? USCG approval required? Any particular USCG type required? Inflatable okay? etc? Or do they simply say "life vest" with no further detail?

Thanks for organizing, I'm sure it's a lot of work. (Any particular beer/drink of choice, shout it and I'll bring it.)

Mike

The Hedgehog
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Todd,

Apologies if I missed the answer in my searches. Anything more specific in the "life vest" requirements? USCG approval required? Any particular USCG type required? Inflatable okay? etc? Or do they simply say "life vest" with no further detail?

Thanks for organizing, I'm sure it's a lot of work. (Any particular beer/drink of choice, shout it and I'll bring it.)

Mike

That can be a dicey one. Lifelines do not have USCG approval.

Air 22
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Todd,

Mike

Probably something that will save your life ( or anyone else's) by keeping you afloat conscious or unconscious..:lifeprese:

Sam
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
That can be a dicey one. Lifelines do not have USCG approval.

That's always cracked me up.

The Hedgehog
05-05-2009, 01:47 PM
That's always cracked me up.

Me too. Had a safety check with a friend of mine a few weeks ago. I showed the officer the Lifelines and he did not even blink. I have heard of people being bugged about it though.

We had the same thing with some of the higher end kayak jackets years ago. I guess that there is some special process.

roadtrip se
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
There is a sign on a lot of the docks around Cumberland and it goes something like this...

"There have been 267 drowning deaths since Lake Cumberland was impounded in 1952. One of those deaths was confirmed to have a life vest on when the body was found."

Not sure if it is factual, but the point is pretty obvious.

As for the type of vest, I wear a Lifeline, but your call.

Jeremy, are you really going to show? Too cool... Pick up Lenny and DW on the way okay?

Mike, the MWDC organizing committee is Byron Scholle, Jerry Eisele, and myself. We get lots of help from
many others. This is going to be quite the group this year! Preferred beer is a good IPA...

fogducker III
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Jeremy, are you really going to show? Too cool... Pick up Lenny and DW on the way okay?

I have already spent $2500 on insurance, be a shame not to attend...............:cool:

Lenny is more than welcome to come, I think DW is a little tucked up with diaper duty................:shocking:

Lenny
05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Lenny is more than welcome to come, I think DW is a little tucked up with diaper duty................:shocking:

Not that I wouldn't LOVE to :yes: but back to back trips, California for ten days, then Las Vegas for 5, then Hawaii for 15 days, all of which were money hungry, have put my business a light year behind, not to mention lightened the piggy bank.:(

So,.... no :( Not this year. I still have two more trips ahead that are boating related and all are 3000 miles from here.

Besides, I am sure Todd is still picking up beer cans on his property from my last episode there :D

FISHIN SUCKS
05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
DON'T FORGET YOUR PROOF OF INSURANCE FORM!!!! I just got mine in the mail from my agent today, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOURS WHEN YOU COME DOWN:smash::smash::smash:, otherwise you will be :hangum: and then we will :bonk:

RedDog
05-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Already put mine in the truck so as to not forget

VetteLT193
05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I got mine offline, selected proof of insurance, is that all that is needed? there is not a whole lot of info on this thing. progressive is my company...

roadtrip se
05-11-2009, 09:14 PM
summary declarations page that shows your coverages in detail.

Progressive provides one, because I use them on my 22.

We are looking to confirm liability coverage. Should not be a big deal.

Thanks Fishin for bringing it to the top...

Air 22
05-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I got mine offline, selected proof of insurance, is that all that is needed? there is not a whole lot of info on this thing. progressive is my company...

Your account on-line has the info required. Login..go to Documents...a new window will open...click on Declarations Page

The page that opens... you need to print... it will be 2 pages or 1 page if you print on both sides...:cool::pimp:

VetteLT193
05-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Your account on-line has the info required. Login..go to Documents...a new window will open...click on Declarations Page
The page that opens... you need to print... it will be 2 pages or 1 page if you print on both sides...:cool::pimp:

Thanks... and for anyone else the "proof of insurance" document for Progressive does NOT have the required info. I just printed the declarations which goes into detail.