PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby

DonziJon
05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm no horse person. I DO like it when the Freakin Experts get it WRONG. I missed it (the race) by maybe three minutes or so...but saw the aftermath. A 50:1 horse WON It. I LOVE IT. :yes::yes::yes: John

Donzi Racer
05-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm no horse person. I DO like it when the Freakin Experts get it WRONG. I missed it (the race) by maybe three minutes or so...but saw the aftermath. A 50:1 horse WON It. I LOVE IT. :yes::yes::yes: John

John, it gets better than that. The horse cost $9,500 and was trailered by it's trainer from Arizona 21 hours and had broken his leg in a motorcycle accident. Can you say I need some more ALEEVE!!! The horse was not on anyones top ten list. Very small colt. Low speed rating. The key was the jockey. Same jockey brought a 50 to 1 horse in for his 1st derby win a couple 3 years back. He is a great jockey from louisiana. He also won the Kentucky Oaks yesterday for the best 3 year old fillies and won three races today including the Derby. He is like a wild man and loves it real close to the rail. He was in last place early in the race and in 16th place coming around the last corner. He looked like he was driving a sportscar with the rest in mini vans weaving and shot thru a hole about 1/2 the size it looked like he needed. It was hilarious with the know it all comentators talking about the 3 horses on the outside to see who ws going to win and here comes the little colt from the inside and started pulling away. They were hesitating to look who this horse was. When they finally realized it was Mine That Bird, they were amazed. It was also funny as hell when the trainer said, maybe they will maybe stop just talking about how many hours it took to drive here. He & the owners are mostly Quarter Horse people. Ain't that a hoot. 1 horse cost 3.1 million & another was 2.3 million. A $9500 horse wins the big one. Very similar story to the Casey's Shadow movie a while back. I loved it. Tom

chappy
05-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Agree with you both.

Simply amazing story.

Never heard of him until after the race.

Air 22
05-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Awsome win!!...very impressive:wink:

My company had some good press too...ck out the pant legs on all the jockey's...:)

Cuda
05-02-2009, 08:57 PM
I've never seen a more excited guy than that coonass who won!

Sent the sheiks back on the jets losers,

Usa 1 Middle east 0 :)

mattyboy
05-03-2009, 09:42 AM
dwight
marie and i were thinking of you when we saw the logo appropriate sponsor ship that horse flew!!!! what a driving job the lead horse only had to get to the rail but left the door open and got caught in the jet wash :yes:

when a horse breaks his legs he gets shot,

why don't they shot the horses owner when he breaks a leg :tongue:

first time in the winners cirlce they sprayed Budwieser instead of champagne one for the good ol boys

f_inscreenname
05-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Got to love it. A good ol'boy that speaks english (some what :wink:), a $9500 horse and a pick up truck. Let's go racing boys.
That's the kind of horse racing I grew up on as a kid. I'm sure my brother right now is looking at his last "claimer" and thinking what if?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV2qrsdkRXI

Cuda
05-03-2009, 10:43 AM
He drove that horse like sports car. I've never seen anything like it.:shades:

Donzi Racer
05-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Couple of changes to my views earlier. 1st the horse came was trailered from New Mexico, not Arizona and the 2nd is he is not a colt! He is a Gelding! Yipes-snip snip. That does not take away from the fantastic ride or the great victory. Can you say reconstructive surgery? The thing that got my attn. was that if you were drunk or lucky enough to put a 3 dollar bet on the 1st,2nd,3rd, & 4th place horse in the right order, it PAID over $500,000 on a 2 or 3 dollar bet. 1st,2nd & 3rd paid like $41,000. Curious to see what they do now as far as the other two triple crown races. They also want to try and have a Quarterhorse in the Rudosa Downs this year. Now that would be a real hoot. If anyone has a chance look up the movie for Casey's Shadow with Walter Mathau will be amazed by the similarities between that movie and this scenerio. Quite the amazing feel good story, and we need as much of that as we can get these days. Tom

Donzi Vol
05-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Couple of changes to my views earlier. 1st the horse came was trailered from New Mexico, not Arizona and the 2nd is he is not a colt! He is a Gelding! Yipes-snip snip. That does not take away from the fantastic ride or the great victory. Can you say reconstructive surgery? The thing that got my attn. was that if you were drunk or lucky enough to put a 3 dollar bet on the 1st,2nd,3rd, & 4th place horse in the right order, it PAID over $500,000 on a 2 or 3 dollar bet. 1st,2nd & 3rd paid like $41,000. Curious to see what they do now as far as the other two triple crown races. They also want to try and have a Quarterhorse in the Rudosa Downs this year. Now that would be a real hoot. If anyone has a chance look up the movie for Casey's Shadow with Walter Mathau will be amazed by the similarities between that movie and this scenerio. Quite the amazing feel good story, and we need as much of that as we can get these days. Tom

Sure do wish you had placed $10 on that 50 to 1 shot now! hehe