PDA

View Full Version : Zelatore, DON in San Fran... numbers pls

Lenny
05-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Don, we need a contact number and the day you have the Blackwater boat in your hands. We need to meet you somewhere, have some fun, a couple, and some good ol' DONZI times. Please forward your contacts and schedule so we can hook this up on the Sunday (May 10th) so we all get together for some fun and stuff.

There are a few places for your boat (or MegaYachts) that I am sure will siffice. :D

Lenny, Titan, Yeller, Jeremy, Blackhawk and all the other big HI-PO folks :)

Welcome :yes:

zelatore
05-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Lenny, I was going to put a number up on the other thread later this week when I had a little more idea of where we were headed. I just picked up a couple of books on hiking the Gulf Islands to read up on, and I've got my charts and cruising guides down at my Carver to study this week while I'm at work. This trip sort of snuck up on me - in fact, the whole spring has gotten away from me.

My cell is 510-825-5056. Michele's is 408-835-0200. We're on different carriers (AT&T and Verizon) for exactly this sort of situation - I figure at least one of us should have cell coverage.

We're arriving in Bellingham Friday afternoon to do the check-out on the boat and provision, then we'll head out Saturday morning. I'm still thinking we'll head south to Victoria first, then north from there, but that's not set in stone. Michele's been back in Indiana this week on a personal matter so we haven't been discussing the trip. Frankly, on something like this where it's pretty protected waters and everything is so close I don't feel much need for a strict schedule or plan...I prefer to just cruise around and see what's what and where I end up each night.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you guys!

Lenny
05-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the numbers :yes:

DONE :D

We'll see you at Poets Cove (Pender Island) at about 11am on Sunday, May 10th... then a couple and lunch...

Google that :) Then we will take you two all over in the boats and bring you back at about 4pm or so and have another and then we will all sneak away about 15 miles into our respective Harbours and you will be in yours with full facilities.

I can not WAIT to do what you are doing when I actually have time to.

VERY COOL :yes: and the fact that you know what you are doing is sooo much better :yes:

yeller
05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Hey Don, gotta apologize, but I won't be able to make it out to see you two.

Time is getting real tight for me right now and I know it's only one day, but I just can't get away. :garfield:

I have no doubt Lenny will show you a good time. :yes:

zelatore
05-08-2009, 12:59 AM
OK, in less than 12 hours we'll be getting on a plane for Bellingham and points north!

FYI, the boat we'll be on is a 33' Back Cove named 'Mainly Ours'. http://www.bellinghamyachts.com/bys/bys/bys_118.html

I'll check the boards again tomorrow - Lenny, if you can PM me a contact number that would be great. We'll see you at Poet's Cove Sunday!

zelatore
05-10-2009, 02:46 PM
I was here........where were you??:confused:

We got to Poet's Cove about 11:30; hung out until 12, then had lunch. Hadn't seen anything that looked like a Donzi by 12:45, so we left the boat on a mooring and took the dinghy exploring.

We'll still be in the islands for the rest of the week. If anybody wants to get together call my cell. I'm not checking the board since my data plan doesn't cover Canada and the charge me through the nose.